Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234385 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1033100 Dec 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Straw man? Sorry son. They already have those panels in Arizona.
Your problem is you want to be selective on the facts you want acceptable.
His ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#1033101 Dec 1, 2013
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1033102 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Pre-existing conditions could have been legislated separately without Obama and the IRS taking over our lives and telling us what insurance coverage we HAVE to buy whether we want it or need it or not causing a major upheaval in everyone's lives. This is not the change we were hoping for. And anyone who thinks it is just hasn't lived long enough to know it isn't.
Do you ever post anything besides hyperbole and hysteria?
LCNLin

United States

#1033103 Dec 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's amazing what you claim you know son.....
If the poor are denied health insurance, the GOP alternativem they may die before they can vote! Another voter ID republican program ?

Panic seems flowing through the veins of the tea party at the prospect of health care being provided to Americans.

Grief counseling is a form of psychotherapy
that aims to help people cope with grief and mourning
following health care being provided to Americans,
or with major life changes that trigger feelings
of grief as the results of the 2012 elections

Location hidden

#1033104 Dec 1, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
THE PRESIDENT IS NOT A LIER!!!
I believe in this more strongly than I ever had before. People say the President is a liar. I don’t know about that. He has been very honest in telling people what he was going to do and how he was going to be the great equalizer. He was going to give everybody their fair share. Then he even said it should be on the backs of the wealthy. Well if you make more than $50K a year you must be wealthy.
Most of the taxes passed are recessive taxes. Which means they are passed onto the working poor and middle classes respectively? The less you make the more you pay. Now also finding out that Bill Aires actually wrote Presidents Obamas Autobiography because the president did not know enough about himself. I do know people use ghost writers all the time. Then again Aires might know the President better than anyone else maybe even his wife? I digress
part 1
<spam>
LCNLin

United States

#1033105 Dec 1, 2013
correction

If the poor are denied health insurance, the GOP *alternative*,they may die before they can vote! Another voter ID republican program ?

Panic seems flowing through the veins of the tea party at the prospect of health care being provided to Americans.

GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1033106 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The few good things in Obamacare - pre-existing conditions being one of them - could have been legislated separately without Obama and the IRS taking over our lives and telling us what insurance coverage we HAVE to buy whether we want it or need it or not.
And causing a major upheaval in everyone's lives when only 15% of Americans weren't happy before.
We needed changes - but not giving up our individual rights to make our own choices.
Do you not see what's wrong with that?
What upheaval?
You're not even affected...most likely don't even know anyone affected.
Hyperbole.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1033107 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link to her source but you have to look beyond the "Grand Total." Since it includes contributions made by employees of Fannie & Freddie it is unfair to say the Dodd, Obama and Kerry received more from Fannie & Freddie than anyone else.
Chris Dodd received $165,400 but only $48,500 of that was from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Campaign Pacs. Obama received $126,349 but only $6,000 was from the Pacs and John Kerry received $111,000 of which only $2,000 was from the Fannie & Freddie Pacs.
Now, compare that to John Boehner who received $67,750.$60,500 of which was from the Pacs. Eric Cantor received $48,500. All but $2,000 was from the Pacs and Mitch McConnell received $41,000 all but $1,000 of which was from the Fannie & Freddie Pacs. In reality, these three received far more from Fannie & Freddie than Dodd, Obama or Kerry.
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/updat...
What is your point in all of this ranting?

The sum totals contain all the moneys from Fannie & Freddie. Period

Why are you discounting moneys received from the employees?

Are you fuzzy in the head tonight especially?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1033108 Dec 1, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
Because they were not the majority party.
As to which of the two parties is more permissive of corporate scams, take a wild guess.
Defense rests.
You just admitted both parties permit corporate scams. That's a great defense, Perry Mason.

Lapeer, MI

#1033109 Dec 1, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
The Obama administration said Sunday that it achieved its goal of making HealthCare.gov work for the “vast majority” of users after the disastrous start of enrollment in the president’s signature health law.
The Obamacare website will be able to support more than 800,000 consumers per day, the administration said. And the site is now online more than 90 percent of the time, not including scheduled downtime for maintenance.
Several Tea Party members vomited upon hearing the news.
Grief counselor are being provided to Republicans in the hope that ..........
http//wmd44disaster/vomit38
“vast majority” means what? 50.009 percent? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

"The Obamacare website will be able to support more than 800,000 consumers per day, the administration said."

--- These are the same folks who said it would up and running on Oct 1st! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ....

"And the site is now online more than 90 percent of the time, not including scheduled downtime for maintenance."

...not including scheduled downtime for maintenance???? SO if the sight goes down tonight for 8 hours, they will claim "scheduled downtime for maintenance"????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

Stop it!Stop it!Stop it!...my sides are aching!!!!

Bubba Clinton "Define 'sex'"!!

Hillary Hogthighs: "What does it matter?"

You barnyard citizens are making some really funny sounds lately:>
Youidiots

Falls Church, VA

#1033110 Dec 1, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
What upheaval?
You're not even affected...most likely don't even know anyone affected.
Hyperbole.
Let us know when you come out of your coma.

Lapeer, MI

#1033111 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just exactly how do you think "every state will be bankrupt by 2017" if States will receive 100 percent federal funding for the first three years to support the expanded coverage, phasing down to no less than 90 percent federal funding in subsequent years? You are making no sense.
"States will receive 100 percent federal funding for the first three years..."

Where does the Federal government get its money from?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

You should be on Late-Nite, kid.
LCNLin

United States

#1033112 Dec 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
“vast majority” means what? 50.009 percent? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
"The Obamacare website will be able to support more than 800,000 consumers per day, the administration said."
--- These are the same folks who said it would up and running on Oct 1st! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ....
"And the site is now online more than 90 percent of the time, not including scheduled downtime for maintenance."
...not including scheduled downtime for maintenance???? SO if the sight goes down tonight for 8 hours, they will claim "scheduled downtime for maintenance"????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......
Stop it!Stop it!Stop it!...my sides are aching!!!!
Bubba Clinton "Define 'sex'"!!
Hillary Hogthighs: "What does it matter?"
You barnyard citizens are making some really funny sounds lately:>
Condolences on your Meth Lab explosion!

Lapeer, MI

#1033113 Dec 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"afterdark"
I do not owe you a single dime. Period. If you think differently sue me. In all probability you owe me for the food stamps, free healthy care and rent subsidies you depend on.
Peace
KMA
After Dark is a moocher. Probably does B&E's, holdups and steals kids' lunches.

From any race.

Location hidden

#1033114 Dec 1, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
If the poor are denied health insurance, the GOP alternativem they may die before they can vote! Another voter ID republican program ?
The GOP really shouldn't be opposed to the Affordable Care Act. After all, their treatments for depression are covered under the ACA.

The five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

"The Republican Party and conservatives appear to be stuck somewhere between stage one and four of the grief cycle. Some are still angry and bitter, shocked by the results of the election. Others are depressed, overwhelmed with the thought that America may not be the center-right country that they believed it to be, while other Republicans are struggling to find meaning in what occurred election night.

"Similar to the recovery that one goes through after the loss of a loved one, the quicker the Republican Party progresses through the stages and reaches acceptance of the inevitable, i.e. a need to modify their messaging and methodology, the sooner they can return to a meaningful political existence and move on with their political mission in life. The Republican Party has to quickly move through their cycle of grief and get to acceptance so they can begin the hard work of rebuilding towards 2014 and 2016 and more importantly participating in the rebuilding of America."

http://www.policymic.com/articles/19068/repub...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1033115 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
His ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
lol! Well, being selective has its 'benefits' for them!
DEMidiots

Palm Coast, FL

#1033116 Dec 1, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Youidiots

Falls Church, VA

#1033117 Dec 1, 2013
Bernard Foreskin wrote:
Oh just a few more items on Hillary that the left wing nuts prefer to sweep under their soiled carpet ignorance.
- Benghazi fiasco
- Deadbeat paying campaign bills
- Vince Foster committed suicide, and a Secret Service agent saw Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff, Margaret Williams, carry boxes of papers out of Foster’s office before investigators showed up to seal it.
- Filegate
- Cattle-Futures Gate
- Travelgate
- Whitewater Gate
- Billing-Records Gate
Gee Foreskin, you aren't as stupid as you let on.

Bozeman, MT

#1033118 Dec 1, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
All Republicans have brain-scramble chips implanted in their heads.
At the first sign of rational thought, the chip activates, resulting in a stream of gibberish.
Followed by "Greed is good... Greed is good... Greed is good".
All supporters of the Obama administration have nothing in their heads.

At the first sign of truth, a steady stream of excuses, insults, and progressive semantics take over.

Followed by the newest mantra - "A lying president is a good president."

Barack Hussein O'Liar, Iowa City, Iowa, March 25, 2010:“You like your plan? You’ll be keeping your plan. No one is taking that away from you.”

Bozeman, MT

#1033119 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just exactly how do you think "every state will be bankrupt by 2017" if States will receive 100 percent federal funding for the first three years to support the expanded coverage, phasing down to no less than 90 percent federal funding in subsequent years? You are making no sense.
Is the government going to print this "federal funding" or just keep taking from those of us who actually pay income tax by raising it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 190,255
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 24 min RJS 8,043
News Rand Paul in Chicago: Crime 'not a racial thing... 38 min reality is a crutch 1
News Six injured in shootings across Chicago 43 min reality is a crutch 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr factcheck 53,505
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 99,575
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 6,010
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]