Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
949,201 - 949,220 of 1,082,537 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

What 'Che' said...

“The black is indolent and fanciful, he spends his money on frivolity and drink; the European comes from a tradition of working and saving which follows him to this corner of America and drives him to get ahead.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

What 'Che' said...

“I fired a .32 caliber bullet into the right hemisphere of his brain which came out through his left temple. He moaned for a few moments, then died.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Progressives have their man-Che Guevara!!!!!!!

“I’d like to confess, Papa, at that moment I discovered that I really like killing.”
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
What 'Che' said...
“To send men to the firing squad, judicial proof is unnecessary. These procedures are an archaic bourgeois detail. This is a revolution! And a revolutionary must become a cold killing machine motivated by pure hate.”
on the other hand, Cuba has the best healthcare system in the world, far superior to the US...

Cuban medicine is endorsed by Hugo Chavez...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Why waste good healthcare on the old folks?
Barack agrees with you...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Dog Rules wrote:
<quoted text>You're a colostomy bag with ears.
I'd shit in your mouth and you'd like it...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
on the other hand, Cuba has the best healthcare system in the world, far superior to the US...
Cuban medicine is endorsed by Hugo Chavez...
I lived in Cuba for two year...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack agrees with you...
The difference is, I was being sarcastic.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
to each his own...
it's a free country, at least for a little while...
You got it!

Live and LET Live ...
eh?

~-~
Mr Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd shit in your mouth and you'd like it...
You can always count on a Republican to raise the intellectual level of any discussion.

It's the culture.
Mr Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Progressives have their man-Che Guevara!!!!!!!
“I’d like to confess, Papa, at that moment I discovered that I really like killing.”
Only an idiot would compare Castro and Guevara to the Democrat Party. But what should one expect from corporations-first Republicans?
otis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

End presidential term limits

By Jonathan Zimmerman, Published: November 28

Jonathan Zimmerman is a professor of history and education at New York University. His books include “Small Wonder: The Little Red Schoolhouse in History and Memory.”

In 1947, Sen. Harley Kilgore (D-W.Va.) condemned a proposed constitutional amendment that would restrict presidents to two terms.“The executive’s effectiveness will be seriously impaired,” Kilgore argued on the Senate floor,“ as no one will obey and respect him if he knows that the executive cannot run again.”

I’ve been thinking about Kilgore’s comments as I watch President Obama, whose approval rating has dipped to 37&#8201;percent in CBS News polling — the lowest ever for him — during the troubled rollout of his health-care reform. Many of Obama’s fellow Democrats have distanced themselves from the reform and from the president. Even former president Bill Clinton has said that Americans should be allowed to keep the health insurance they have.

Or consider the reaction to the Iran nuclear deal. Regardless of his political approval ratings, Obama could expect Republican senators such as Lindsey Graham (S.C.) and John McCain (Ariz.) to attack the agreement. But if Obama could run again, would he be facing such fervent objections from Sens. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Robert Menendez (D-N.J.)?

Probably not. Democratic lawmakers would worry about provoking the wrath of a president who could be reelected. Thanks to term limits, though, they’ve got little to fear.

Nor does Obama have to fear the voters, which might be the scariest problem of all. If he chooses, he could simply ignore their will. And if the people wanted him to serve another term, why shouldn’t they be allowed to award him one?

That was the argument of our first president, who is often held up as the father of term limits. In fact, George Washington opposed them.“I can see no propriety in precluding ourselves from the service of any man who, in some great emergency, shall be deemed universally most capable of serving the public,” Washington wrote in a much-quoted letter to the Marquis de Lafayette.

To Republicans, these developments echoed the fascist trends enveloping Europe.“You will be serving under an American totalitarian government before the long third term is finished,” warned Wendell Wilkie, Roosevelt’s opponent in 1940. Once the two-term tradition was broken, Wilkie added, nobody could put it back together.“If this principle dies, it will be dead forever,” he said.

He was right. Every Republican in Congress voted for the amendment, while its handful of Democratic supporters were mostly legislators who had broken with FDR and his New Deal. When they succeeded in limiting the presidency to two terms, they limited democracy itself.

“I think our people are to be safely trusted with their own destiny,” Sen. Claude Pepper (D-Fla.) argued in 1947.“We do not need to protect the American people with a prohibition against a president whom they do not wish to elect; and if they wanted to elect him, have we the right to deny them the power?”

It’s time to put that power back where it belongs. When Ronald Reagan was serving his second term, some Republicans briefly floated the idea of removing term limits so he could run again. The effort went nowhere, but it was right on principle. Barack Obama should be allowed to stand for re election just as citizens should be allowed to vote for — or against — him. Anything less diminishes our leaders and ourselves.

Read more about this issue: Thomas E. Mann: Want to end partisan politics? Here’s what won’t work, and what will Robert J. Samuelson: Why we no longer trust government Letter: After shutdown debacle, it’s time for term limits Zachary A. Goldfarb: How we misread the numbers that dominate our politics

© The Washington Post Company

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
For dumb as a doorknob dave:
ObamaCare's Plans Are Worse
You're wasting your time with 'RealDave.'

I'm convinced at this point in time that he's either a completely brainwashed fool or a paid spammer for a group like "Organizing For Action" or " Change.gov ".

No one can STILL have their head that far up Obama's azz after everything that's transpired over the past 2 months without being one of the two.

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
You can always count on a Republican to raise the intellectual level of any discussion.
Martin Bashir is a republican?

It was MSNBC host [and flaming liberal] Martin Bashir, who suggested someone defecate in former Alaska Governor and Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin's mouth.

Bashir didn't make the comments about Palin on the street or even during an on-air panel discussion, he made them in a scripted, planned, on-air segment while reading off of a teleprompter, which means his words were approved by multiple people including an executive producer.
landlord_2

Waynesburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Obama yes. Christi no. I hope term limits are ended. I believe in the future. Men like Barrack are in our best interests.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wasting your time with 'RealDave.'
I'm convinced at this point in time that he's either a completely brainwashed fool or a paid spammer for a group like "Organizing For Action" or " Change.gov ".
No one can STILL have their head that far up Obama's azz after everything that's transpired over the past 2 months without being one of the two.
There still are a lot of people that ARE that far up Obama's azz, as unbelievable as that is.

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would compare Castro and Guevara to the Democrat Party. But what should one expect from corporations-first Republicans?
Only an idiot would still defend the democrat party after learning the ACA was passed into law via the lies and deceit of your president.

Time for you to take up a new hobby. How about the Knockout Game?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

landlord_2 wrote:
Obama yes. Christi no. I hope term limits are ended. I believe in the future. Men like Barrack are in our best interests.
What drugs are you smokin?
landlord_2

Waynesburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Now we know GWB got 2 terms. With that in mind Barrack would not have any problem leading our country during His third term. Lift the term limits for the sake of this countries future. I am sure Barrack will accept the nomination.

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
There still are a lot of people that ARE that far up Obama's azz, as unbelievable as that is.
Agreed. Unbelievable and pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search