Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1781690 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1033476 Dec 2, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Its funny they never correct your grammer oh its only for folks with a different point of view
The leftists here also whine about perceived vulgarities, then clap when their sock Dem shows up.

They are hypocrite crybabies. Children who need mommy to protect them.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1033477 Dec 2, 2013
Louise wrote:
SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT:
There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all.
The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.
The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons arsenal — most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.
In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.
Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city.
Explains Gulf War Syndrome doesn't it?
Wired : http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/10/wikil...

The Inquistr: http://tinyurl.com/kx5c8zl

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1033478 Dec 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Without reducing benefits.
So, you're saying the government can drastically cut spending without reducing benefits?

Really, DumbfckDave?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1033479 Dec 2, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Real jobs? Full time ones? Ones that provide a living wage? Ones that provide benefits?
The Magic Negro gave Putin a job.

A BJ.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1033480 Dec 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He lied like a cheap rug.
Enough cheap rugs to cover an oversized living room floor.

(Sorry, flack, if I overstepped my boundaries a few days ago. Or if I made you mad.)

Orlando, FL

#1033483 Dec 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He did.
Creating jobs usually isn't considered part-time employment.

And any increase in employment that just barely meets the lowest standard of what is considered job recovery doesn't count either.

ObamaCare was - and still is - a job killer in this country.

Obama and the power elite inner circle had their priorities after all.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1033484 Dec 2, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Its funny they never correct your grammer oh its only for folks with a different point of view
He had a typo--et for get--why do you morons dispute G-R-A-M-M-A-R when you don't even know how to spell it, let alone what it constitutes?(BTW, it should be it's not its.)
WOW

New York, NY

#1033485 Dec 2, 2013
Louise wrote:
American dead last in Education and this is done specifically by design. Part of a agenda. Video just published:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_Ih9uzNLkz4XX
You mean even the BRILLIANT OBAMA supporter is a DUNCE AMERICAN ALSO wow who would have thunk it with all these spell checkers from the obama ark lololololololololo I wonder which RACIAL GROUP REALLY BROUGHT THE NUMBERS down lololololo mmmmmmmmmmm spell checkers

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1033486 Dec 2, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Magic Negro didn't lying about Benghazi.
Maybe he read about it in a newspaper.
You got that right. Obama doesn't have a clue what goes on in government. He's not supposed to know. All he has to do is read what's written on the teleprompter.

Bozeman, MT

#1033487 Dec 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup republicans are not that happy with Health care now. It will work in the end and that makes them sad
It's not just republicans and the feeling isn't sadness. Plenty of dems and independents are pizzed off after being duped into supporting this mess.

Ever ask yourself why Obama had to lie in order to get the ACA passed into law? If it's such a great deal, why lie repeatedly?

Don't fret. I don't expect an answer. Not from you nor any other Obama follower.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1033488 Dec 2, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Negro gave Putin a job.
A BJ.
He gave Michelle's friend a job too, making a working wed site, we all see how well that worked out.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1033489 Dec 2, 2013
House Republicans Have 'No Plans' To Shut Down The Government Over Obamacare Again

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/obam...

when you're more unpopular than the program you're trying to shut down....'No Plans'.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1033490 Dec 2, 2013
The Democrats spend almost a billion dollars, and they can't get a site to work that two college students created in their spare time. At the same time, the government has no problem spending 80 million dollars to record every text message, post, internet search, and email for every non-muslim person in the country.

Bozeman, MT

#1033491 Dec 2, 2013
I see that fast-food workers in about 100 cities will walk off the job this later this week. They're hoping this action will influence their employers to agree to higher pay.

Too bad they don't they realize that Obamacare will eventually result in their jobs disappearing as fast-food joints are deemed bad for our health.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1033492 Dec 2, 2013
RNC Tries to Cover Tracks Over Tweet Saying Racism has Ended

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/02/republ...

much too funny for anyone to forget.

Orlando, FL

#1033493 Dec 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
easy...get the government out of medical care...
I'm in. Wish there were someone we could call. Other than conservative politicians. It's the ones on Capital Hill who won't listen to the voice of the people who are the problem.
WOW

New York, NY

#1033494 Dec 2, 2013
Media attacks Obama's 'Soviet-style' publicity policy
Barack Obama's White House has been accused of producing Soviet-style propaganda by press photographers who are furious at being denied access to the US president.

Mr Obama's aides routinely block independent photographers from capturing him at work, before distributing flattering pictures shot by Pete Souza, his official photographer.

During a tense meeting at the White House, the practice was described by Doug Mills, a veteran photographer for The New York Times, as “just like TASS,” the Soviet Union state news agency.

More than 30 major US media organisations and the leading US press photographers' union have protested against being barred from covering Mr Obama in an open letter to his press secretary.

“Journalists are routinely being denied the right to photograph or videotape the president while he is performing his official duties,” said the letter, which was delivered to Jay Carney. As surely as if they were placing a hand over a journalist’s camera lens, officials in this administration are blocking the public from having an independent view of important functions of the executive branch of government.”

Aides to Mr Obama stress that US administrations and the press corps have been arguing about access to the commander-in-chief for several decades.

However, they have been accused of shutting out journalists more frequently than ever before. On the very first day of Mr Obama's presidency, he retook the oath of office behind closed doors after stumbling over his words during his inauguration ceremony.

And his White House has taken advantage of social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Flickr, to publish an unprecedented number of officially-approved pictures. The protest letter from media groups accused them of “replacing independent photojournalism with visual press releases.”

Outlets such as USA Today and McClatchy newspapers have announced they will not publish the “hand-out” photographs distributed by the White House.

Editors said the policy would remain in place except for “very extraordinary circumstances” involving national security, such as when Mr Obama and senior colleagues were photographed in the White House situation room during the operation that killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

Mr Carney said in a statement that Mr Obama's press officials were “working to address some of the concerns raised”.

“We certainly do not believe that official photos released by the White House are a substitute for the work of independent journalists,” he said.

HE LIED ABOUT BEING HONEST AND TRANSPARENT

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1033495 Dec 2, 2013
WOW wrote:
Content:

Its funny they never correct your grammer (period)(upper case)oh (exclamation point)(upper case)its only for folks with a different point of view (period)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1033496 Dec 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Enough cheap rugs to cover an oversized living room floor.
(Sorry, flack, if I overstepped my boundaries a few days ago. Or if I made you mad.)
You did neither. No need for an apology. Have a good bird day? Spent the last 4 days with my dad. He is 92. He is giving up. Something I never thought possible.

Orlando, FL

#1033497 Dec 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the Republican alternative for health care for Americans?
The Democrats don't want to listen to them. For the past five years. And neither do you apparently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min loose cannon 243,584
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 26 min Actor 96
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 1 hr More fun 135
Booby DeNiro guarantees Donald's 2020 election ... 1 hr Dwarf sized BOOB 14
News Teen shot at Chicago party dies 20 hours after ... 2 hr TAP 1
Trump is A (Oct '17) 2 hr Jenkins 876
If only Hillary had won. 2 hr Jenkins 70

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages