Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420895 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1032847 Nov 30, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
Carol have any new ones for the Christmas list this year?
(that don't invoke groaning at celTic blue smurf pines preferbly...)
Are you referring to my now famous and much anticipated Christmas countdown?

Because if you insist again this year...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1032848 Nov 30, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Yup, it is truly amazing, losers like you need a "caring" government to look out for them. Why should a couple in their late 50's be required to have insurance that covers maternity? That covers child care? Require coverage for birth control?
Peace
KMA
First of all, "most group plans—such as the ones most employed people have—already cover maternity care (and birth control). That means employed men and women have FOR YEARS already been in the same situation with regard to pregnant women that people in individual-market plans will be starting in 2014."

You can thank the self-indulgent health care industry for the need mandatory coverage for maternity care and birth control. If they had been more forthcoming in the past, it would not have been necessary for the government to step in and force them to be responsible.

"According to the New York Times, in 2011, 62 percent of plans in the private market did not cover maternity care at all. The National Women's Law Center, looking at a narrower slice of the population, found that in 2009, only "13% of the health plans available to a 30-year-old woman" across the country in the individual market covered maternity care—and "in the capital cities of nearly half of the states there was not a single plan available through eHealthInsurance.com that covered maternity care." Insurers were also allowed to reject pregnant women from coverage for having a pre-existing condition (pregnancy), and to exclude women who'd had a Cesarian section from coverage entirely (since they'd be at risk of needing another if they were to have another kid)."

The Affordaable Care Act is righting the wrongs. If that cost you an extra $20 a month so be it.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

wtfover

Portsmouth, VA

#1032849 Nov 30, 2013
Why is this thread still alive after over FIVE YEARS?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1032850 Nov 30, 2013
wtfover wrote:
Why is Obama still occupying The White House? I would be happy,if like 'Dallas',I could just wake up one day and find out the past several years were just a bad dream/nightmare. Unfortunately,we live in the real world and Obama is trying to destroy our country.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1032851 Nov 30, 2013
wtfover wrote:
Probably because some of us had something to say about an imposter posing as a president who hijacked this country to fundamentally transform until it was unrecognizable?

And he and his minions haven't finished their mission yet?

Just a guess.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032852 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love how you pull statistics out of thin air and post them as facts. You're such a liar.
prove it....

why would any bright and ambitious student want to spend 10 years in school and hundreds of thousands of dollars to have some bureaucrat dictate his pay???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032853 Nov 30, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Yup, it is truly amazing, losers like you need a "caring" government to look out for them. Why should a couple in their late 50's be required to have insurance that covers maternity? That covers child care? Require coverage for birth control?
Peace
KMA
...wealth redistribution....moocher support...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032854 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps not now but that may change and, when it does, those who didn't pay will not only accrued penalties but accrued interest and late fees as well.
not without legislation, and there is zero chance of that...

so, how you people gonna pay for ObamaKKKare???
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032855 Nov 30, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
...prefers what is affordable to thine self.
So long as it has a few tiny bubbles and taste good lol. Beats the ell out of the puhfake and puhphoney of mere pretensciousness!
good wine does not have bubbles...

and very good wine is very affordable in California...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032856 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

In the meantime, those nutcases who decide to express their displeasure with the ACA and Obama by refusing to carry health insurance can gamble with their health. No body really cares what happens to them anyways.
the left reveals its lack of humanity...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032857 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, "most group plans—such as the ones most employed people have—already cover maternity care (and birth control). That means employed men and women have FOR YEARS already been in the same situation with regard to pregnant women that people in individual-market plans will be starting in 2014."
You can thank the self-indulgent health care industry for the need mandatory coverage for maternity care and birth control. If they had been more forthcoming in the past, it would not have been necessary for the government to step in and force them to be responsible.
"According to the New York Times, in 2011, 62 percent of plans in the private market did not cover maternity care at all. The National Women's Law Center, looking at a narrower slice of the population, found that in 2009, only "13% of the health plans available to a 30-year-old woman" across the country in the individual market covered maternity care—and "in the capital cities of nearly half of the states there was not a single plan available through eHealthInsurance.com that covered maternity care." Insurers were also allowed to reject pregnant women from coverage for having a pre-existing condition (pregnancy), and to exclude women who'd had a Cesarian section from coverage entirely (since they'd be at risk of needing another if they were to have another kid)."
The Affordaable Care Act is righting the wrongs. If that cost you an extra $20 a month so be it.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
very few group plans cover dental care, usually a separate policy, so they will not qualify....

most also do not cover drug abuse treatment...

most policies will be cancelled....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032858 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

...is this agony all about revenge for slavery or something???...

your $20 per month is more likely to be $500 per month...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032859 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, "most group plans—such as the ones most employed people have—already cover maternity care (and birth control).
...if the plans cover birth control pills, it is with a copay just like any other drug...and therefore "substandard" under ObamaKKKare and subject to cancellation...

you fools reached too far and f*cked yourselves...

you let a bunch of kiddies write an absurd bill...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1032861 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the meantime, those nutcases who decide to express their displeasure with the ACA and Obama by refusing to carry health insurance can gamble with their health. No body really cares what happens to them anyways.
Thanks for admitting what we already knew from the beginning.

The fact that your president claimed that "Obamacare" was an appropriate name for the ACA because "I do care" is perhaps the biggest lie he's told to this point.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1032862 Nov 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the sooner the website is "fixed", the quicker the horrors of ObamaKKKare will explode on the scene...
likely and sadly true.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032863 Nov 30, 2013
Dog Rules wrote:
<quoted text>You're a colostomy bag with ears.
You're a dog turd I didn't see and stepped on..........

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032864 Nov 30, 2013
Mr Fib wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would compare Castro and Guevara to the Democrat Party. But what should one expect from corporations-first Republicans?
Like peas in a pod, Fib.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032865 Nov 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wasting your time with 'RealDave.'
I'm convinced at this point in time that he's either a completely brainwashed fool or a paid spammer for a group like "Organizing For Action" or " Change.gov ".
No one can STILL have their head that far up Obama's azz after everything that's transpired over the past 2 months without being one of the two.
Ya, I know, but every now and then I like to rub something in his stupid face.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032866 Nov 30, 2013
landlord_2 wrote:
Obama yes. Christi no. I hope term limits are ended. I believe in the future. Men like Barrack are in our best interests.
I believe your mama should have aborted you and been sterilized afterwards.
After Dark

Meridian, MS

#1032867 Nov 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...is this agony all about revenge for slavery or something???...
your $20 per month is more likely to be $500 per month...
You mean the $100,000,000,000,000 you and "your kind" owe me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Dr Guru 222,839
Chris Powell Editor of the Journal Inquirer inv... 1 hr Rtewpbears 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 1,954
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr PEllen 9,398
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr PEllen 6,701
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 3,057
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr mdbuilder 61,095

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages