Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580730 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Liz

United States

#1033175 Dec 1, 2013
Is NBC predicting implantation of RFID chips in all Americans by 2017?

Read H.R. 3962 pgs. 1501-1510

http://www.housedocs.house.gov/rules/health/1...

If this is implemented the NSA scandal will seen like small issues next to mandatory RFID monitoring. Refuse and you could be imprisoned/ killed.
Liz

United States

#1033176 Dec 1, 2013
correction on link:

H.R.3962 pgs. 1501-1510

sorry for typo.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1033177 Dec 1, 2013
Liz wrote:
Is NBC predicting implantation of RFID chips in all Americans by 2017?
Read H.R. 3962 pgs. 1501-1510
If this is implemented the NSA scandal will seen like small issues next to mandatory RFID monitoring. Refuse and you could be imprisoned/ killed.
Liberals will be the first to bend over and beg to have an RFID inserted. Oprah told them it's a good thing.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1033180 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No fantasy life here. The poster asked how Obamacare had affected me personally. I told him. No more employer-based insurance after January 2015.
You must miss Galt. He'll be back. Don't worry.
What you didn't mention was whether or not his employer is going to pick up the tab for his new insurance. I haven't heard of a single employer who is dropping coverage without compensating the employee with an increase in salaries to cover the costs. Just because your husband won't have "employer-based insurance" doesn't mean the employer is abandoning him.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1033181 Dec 1, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
Prerequisites for GOP membership:
1. Greed is good.
2. Money is more important than people.
3. Launching an unnecessary war to make corporate profit is Good.
4. Poor people deserve to suffer, and it would be better yet if we could exterminate them.
5. Corporations are the only true form of responsible government.
6. Rich people are the only ones who count.
None of the above is true. Shame on you for buying into this kind of irrational hype.

You are part of the problem, not the solution.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1033182 Dec 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hilariously naive, stupid, disingenuous or all of the above.
An insurer has to pay the Magic Negro protection money. OK. So they raise their premiums. who ends up paying the bill? Idiot.
The same thing with Prescription drug manufacturers and importers.
And then there's is the medical device tax. The cost of the device goes up to cover the tax. Who eventually pays the bill? Idiot.
This 'end-run' taxation is as old as the hills and jerks like you never grow tired of falling for it.
Let's tax those wealthy Dairy Farmers. Yeah! Let's stick it to 'em!
...and then go out and pay $10 per gallon for your milk.
Duh! You're as happy as a pig eatin' sh it.
Read my post again "idiot". I said, "the insurer will include such fees in the premiums." So be it. When spread out among millions of people the costs will be infinitesimal.

By the way, I'm all for taxing wealthy Dairy Farmers. "The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that America’s livestock create three times as much excreta as the human population. By the agency’s reckoning, a dairy farm with 2,500 cows—which is large, but not exceptional—can generate as much waste as the people in a city the size of Miami....contaminating streams, rivers, and wells." I'm willing to pay more for milk if it is necessary to protect our environment from polluters. Just as I am willing to pay more for health insurance if it is necessary to bring insurance to those in need.

http://prospect.org/article/danger-our-water-...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1033183 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't heard of a single employer who is dropping coverage without compensating the employee with an increase in salaries to cover the costs.
How many employers have you heard of?

What's your source naming these employers who will be increasing salaries?

Where is the salary increase money coming from? Obama's stash?

Orlando, FL

#1033184 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you didn't mention was whether or not his employer is going to pick up the tab for his new insurance. I haven't heard of a single employer who is dropping coverage without compensating the employee with an increase in salaries to cover the costs. Just because your husband won't have "employer-based insurance" doesn't mean the employer is abandoning him.
We were promised lower costs. The exchanges are not the reality. Premiums are higher with higher deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses.

We were promised we wouldn't lose our plans or our doctors if we liked them. Millions of cancellations are the reality.

We were told Obamacare was not a tax. The Supreme Court ruled that it is.

Did you ever imagine in your wildest dreams the IRS would be involved in our health care in any way, shape or form?

Does it make any sense that the elderly are being forced to buy maternity and pediatric coverage at a higher cost?

Is it really the government's role to decide what must be covered in our own health insurance plans?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1033185 Dec 1, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
How many employers have you heard of?
What's your source naming these employers who will be increasing salaries?
Where is the salary increase money coming from? Obama's stash?
I can't wait to see the answers to your questions.

Orlando, FL

#1033186 Dec 1, 2013
The administration's internal estimates and projections confirm what some have been warning for weeks...the second wave is coming...employer-based cancellations...and it's going to be worse than the first.

Congressional Democrats know this and why widespread angst is setting in.
Jesse

United States

#1033187 Dec 1, 2013
Liz wrote:
correction on link:
H.R.3962 pgs. 1501-1510
sorry for typo.
Video explaining the H.R. 3962 with additional links:

Orlando, FL

#1033188 Dec 1, 2013
What a difference a month makes. A new CNN/ORC International poll indicates a dramatic turnaround in the battle for control of Congress in next year's midterm elections. Democrats a month ago held a 50%-42% advantage among registered voters in a generic ballot which asked respondents to choose between a Democrat or Republican in their congressional district without identifying the candidates. But the Democratic lead has disappeared. A new CNN/ORC poll indicates the GOP now holds a 49%-47% edge.

Lapeer, MI

#1033189 Dec 1, 2013
Liz wrote:
correction on link:
H.R.3962 pgs. 1501-1510
sorry for typo.
Here it is:

But it is getting chilling. Combine this with the Magic Negro's NSA spying, spying on journalists, drone killing of American citizens and so much more and it's right out of the pages of dystopic futuristic Sc-Fi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fight the bas turd
Jesse

United States

#1033190 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post again "idiot". I said, "the insurer will include such fees in the premiums." So be it. When spread out among millions of people the costs will be infinitesimal.
By the way, I'm all for taxing wealthy Dairy Farmers. "The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that America’s livestock create three times as much excreta as the human population. By the agency’s reckoning, a dairy farm with 2,500 cows—which is large, but not exceptional—can generate as much waste as the people in a city the size of Miami....contaminating streams, rivers, and wells." I'm willing to pay more for milk if it is necessary to protect our environment from polluters. Just as I am willing to pay more for health insurance if it is necessary to bring insurance to those in need.
You are dumb as a rock. One of the largest recipient of federal dollars from the Agriculture Dept is Dairies. Every gallon they produce is subsidized by federal(taxpayers dollars).

They have one of the strongest lobbyist in Washington D.C. Go ahead little Sherlock and raise taxes on dairy farmers and you'll not only pay higher prices for milk but your taxes will increase until lobbyist stop ruling Washington politicians.

Where have you been living all your life? Crawl out from under the rock where you live, remove the sack over your head and take off your green zoned- rose colored glasses!

Lapeer, MI

#1033191 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid id, Stupid does.

You are Stupid.

Go do.

Lapeer, MI

#1033192 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We were promised lower costs. The exchanges are not the reality. Premiums are higher with higher deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses.
We were promised we wouldn't lose our plans or our doctors if we liked them. Millions of cancellations are the reality.
We were told Obamacare was not a tax. The Supreme Court ruled that it is.
Did you ever imagine in your wildest dreams the IRS would be involved in our health care in any way, shape or form?
Does it make any sense that the elderly are being forced to buy maternity and pediatric coverage at a higher cost?
Is it really the government's role to decide what must be covered in our own health insurance plans?
The Magic Negro wants to control you.

Whatever it takes. Period.

Bozeman, MT

#1033193 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the above is true. Shame on you for buying into this kind of irrational hype.
You are part of the problem, not the solution.
You have to admit that the Obama propaganda machine has done its job.

They realized there are millions of people ignorant enough to believe the lies they spread about those who are against their agenda.

Heck, just look at libel and slander they got away with regarding Romney. Most politicians are cold, ruthless people, hungry for power, control, and money.

Lapeer, MI

#1033194 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
What a difference a month makes. A new CNN/ORC International poll indicates a dramatic turnaround in the battle for control of Congress in next year's midterm elections. Democrats a month ago held a 50%-42% advantage among registered voters in a generic ballot which asked respondents to choose between a Democrat or Republican in their congressional district without identifying the candidates. But the Democratic lead has disappeared. A new CNN/ORC poll indicates the GOP now holds a 49%-47% edge.
If you think you knew that the Democrats from the Magic Negro on down have been lying their asses off, just wait until the new year begins.

There will be more lies flying out from the DNC, White House and every Liberal from here to Beijing and Havana than there are bats in a Dracula movie.

Truth is going to be dragged though Hell for the next year or so. It will be pummeled, broiled, pureed, stomped, disemboweled, spray-painted and stretched on the Rack by every Magic Negro hunchback Democrat.

Lapeer, MI

#1033195 Dec 1, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to admit that the Obama propaganda machine has done its job.
They realized there are millions of people ignorant enough to believe the lies they spread about those who are against their agenda.
Heck, just look at libel and slander they got away with regarding Romney. Most politicians are cold, ruthless people, hungry for power, control, and money.
One only has to turn to the popular media today to see why the Magic Negro makes such large inroads into Gerbalville.

Bethany educates American Soccer Moms by twerking her sex organs for bucks, professional sports is built on performance enhancing drugs, such as anabolic steroids and News Networks routinely reduce hard stories from around the world into soft, chewy pablum for Diane Sawyer to pour into your sippy-cup.

The Dumbing-Down of America didn't begin with the Magic Negro but it sure is in a full downswing mode since he desecrated the office.

Bozeman, MT

#1033196 Dec 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>

It also can be paraphrased like this: "If they show up with the truth, we'll show up with some really good lies"
How the media helped Obama lie to promote Obamacare

In several speeches, as well as debates, Barack Obama claimed a heartless insurance company denied his mother, Ann Dunham, health care coverage because of a pre-existing cancer. Her medical bills mounted while her health failed, he said. Though she died a bankrupt woman in 1995, her nightmare inspired him to keep fighting for health care reform.

The heart-breaking anecdote was used to beat up insurers over denying pre-existing conditions and was key to selling ObamaCare.

Except it wasn't true.

Even after a Dunham biographer in 2011 exposed the lie, though, the networks ignored it. There was zero coverage in 2011 and 2012. This year? Still nothing.

By not calling the president out on his shameless lie, along with myriad others, the media have helped him sell the public a dangerous bill of goods. In a tragic irony, ObamaCare is actually delaying critical treatment that cancer patients once got under their old plans.

During a 2008 presidential debate, Obama said: "For my mother to die of cancer at the age of 53 and have to spend the last months of her life in the hospital room arguing with insurance companies because they're saying that this may be a pre-existing condition and they don't have to pay her treatment, there's something fundamentally wrong about that."

He told the story again at a 2009 town hall meeting: "I will never forget my own mother, as she fought cancer in her final months, having to worry about whether her insurance would refuse to pay for her treatment."

This guy is a real dirt bag.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obam...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Herea s where to watch the eclipse in Chicago 8 min Ricardo montobomb 3
News Noise from new O'Hare runway angers Park Ridge ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Penny 198
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 3,699
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 6 hr Sojourner UNtruth 19
Super Stalker 6 hr Donald Supporter 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 7 hr gracew 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr SweLL GirL 11,174

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages