Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458548 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032859 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, "most group plans—such as the ones most employed people have—already cover maternity care (and birth control).
...if the plans cover birth control pills, it is with a copay just like any other drug...and therefore "substandard" under ObamaKKKare and subject to cancellation...

you fools reached too far and f*cked yourselves...

you let a bunch of kiddies write an absurd bill...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1032861 Nov 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the meantime, those nutcases who decide to express their displeasure with the ACA and Obama by refusing to carry health insurance can gamble with their health. No body really cares what happens to them anyways.
Thanks for admitting what we already knew from the beginning.

The fact that your president claimed that "Obamacare" was an appropriate name for the ACA because "I do care" is perhaps the biggest lie he's told to this point.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1032862 Nov 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the sooner the website is "fixed", the quicker the horrors of ObamaKKKare will explode on the scene...
likely and sadly true.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032863 Nov 30, 2013
Dog Rules wrote:
<quoted text>You're a colostomy bag with ears.
You're a dog turd I didn't see and stepped on..........

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032864 Nov 30, 2013
Mr Fib wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would compare Castro and Guevara to the Democrat Party. But what should one expect from corporations-first Republicans?
Like peas in a pod, Fib.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032865 Nov 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wasting your time with 'RealDave.'
I'm convinced at this point in time that he's either a completely brainwashed fool or a paid spammer for a group like "Organizing For Action" or " Change.gov ".
No one can STILL have their head that far up Obama's azz after everything that's transpired over the past 2 months without being one of the two.
Ya, I know, but every now and then I like to rub something in his stupid face.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032866 Nov 30, 2013
landlord_2 wrote:
Obama yes. Christi no. I hope term limits are ended. I believe in the future. Men like Barrack are in our best interests.
I believe your mama should have aborted you and been sterilized afterwards.
After Dark

Meridian, MS

#1032867 Nov 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...is this agony all about revenge for slavery or something???...
your $20 per month is more likely to be $500 per month...
You mean the $100,000,000,000,000 you and "your kind" owe me?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032868 Nov 30, 2013
landlord_2 wrote:
Now we know GWB got 2 terms. With that in mind Barrack would not have any problem leading our country during His third term. Lift the term limits for the sake of this countries future. I am sure Barrack will accept the nomination.
I'm sure your mama was on crack, meth, heroin, alcohol and Aqua Velva during her pregnancy with you.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032869 Nov 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
GOP promise of immigration reform appears to fade.
oink, oink, squealer!!

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032871 Nov 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelosi said it.
But you lied & said she said it to Congress.
Now, did lying scumbag pos Oblamer lie at least 29 times about keeping your health insurance if you liked it?

This should be good.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032872 Nov 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Carol, when you propagate racist myths you are a racist.
According to a 2010 report released by the federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the average family receiving TANF benefits has 1.8 children, which is about the same as the national average. Half of the families receiving TANF benefits only have one child. In fact, the average size of families receiving welfare benefits has declined from 4.0 in 1969 to 2.4 in 2010. Also, some states, such as Delaware and Georgia, make it clear to those who sign up for TANF benefits that their benefits will not increase if they have additional children. Taken from the Delaware Department of Health and Human Services website:
You will get information on family planning. Your check will not increase if you have a baby 10 months or more after you sign up for this program.
Filthy, racist, violent, criminal ghetto scumbags like you and your relatives are the racists.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032873 Nov 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelosi said it.
Blithering idiot, it doesn't matter where she said it, she said it.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1032874 Nov 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelosi said it.
My god, can't you see what a buffoon you are? Oblamer butt kisser numero uno.
Oblamakare is a frikkin disaster!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1032875 Nov 30, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I know, but every now and then I like to rub something in his stupid face.
LOL...I know, it IS fun, isn't it.

The dope still swears Obama never lied - he "misspoke" or whatever it is the left calls lying these days.
angel

Boise, ID

#1032876 Dec 1, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I know, it IS fun, isn't it.
The dope still swears Obama never lied - he "misspoke" or whatever it is the left calls lying these days.
Hah! Without Lies you wouldnt have a position Ray-Ray.
It sure looks bad with Obama Care kicking in for all you Repub Cry Babies on this thread!
Lifes hardly worth living without Insurance CEO's being able to exploit our dysfunctional medical system like a bottemless ATM is it?
Especially for Glenn Beck Gore Crows and wannabe's like you and Obama Jokey,And Sno-Blo!
What amusing little Rightist Thralls you are!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1032879 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, it's actually Realtime who rarely gets anything correct.
Fannie and Freddie were pressured to take on risk to be profitable but knew they wouldn't suffer the consequences if things turned south. The government set them up this way to allow them to buy qualified mortgages, insure them and resell them to investors, thus freeing up funds for banks to make new mortgages.
In this way, they were traditionally involved in at least half of all new mortgages made each year. By December 2007, when banks began to constrict their lending, Fannie and Freddie were really the only lender still operating, responsible for 90% of all mortgages.
http://useconomy.about.com/od/criticalssues/a...
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were victims, not culprits
Posted by: Aaron Pressman on September 26, 2008
There’s a dangerous — and misleading — argument making the rounds about the causes of our current credit crisis. It’s emanating from Washington where politicians are engaging in the usual blame game but this time the stakes are so high that we can’t afford to fall victim to political doublespeak. In this fact-free zone, government sponsored mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac caused the real estate bubble and subprime meltdown. It’s completely false. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were victims of the credit crisis, not culprits.
Start with the most basic fact of all: virtually none of the $1.5 trillion of cratering subprime mortgages were backed by Fannie or Freddie. That’s right — most subprime mortgages did not meet Fannie or Freddie’s strict lending standards. All those no money down, no interest for a year, low teaser rate loans? All the loans made without checking a borrower’s income or employment history? All made in the private sector, without any support from Fannie and Freddie.
Look at the numbers. While the credit bubble was peaking from 2003 to 2006, the amount of loans originated by Fannie and Freddie dropped from $2.7 trillion to $1 trillion. Meanwhile, in the private sector, the amount of subprime loans originated jumped to $600 billion from $335 billion and Alt-A loans hit $400 billion from $85 billion in 2003. Fannie and Freddie, which wouldn’t accept crazy floating rate loans, which required income verification and minimum down payments, were left out of the insanity.

The study identifies five causes of the subprime meltdown:
-Convoluted loan products that consumers didn’t understand.
-Credit ratings that didn’t do a good job highlighting the risks contained in subprime-backed securities.
-Lack of incentives for institutional investors to do their own research (they just relied on the credit ratings).
-Predatory lending and borrowing (which I think means fraud perpetrated by borrowers).
-Significant errors in the models used by credit rating agencies to assess subprime-backed securities.
You’ll note in the Fed’s five causes that there’s some culpability for lenders, borrowers, investors and credit raters. There’s no blame for Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae which had little or nothing to do with the entire situation.
It’s certainly fair to criticize Fannie and Freddie over real issues that contributed to their downfall. The companies had numerous accounting problems and inadequate safeguards covering their own investment portfolios. Those weaknesses came home to roost when the real estate market cratered. Fannie and Freddie purchased billions of dollars of subprime-backed securities for their own investment portfolios and got hit just like every other investor. But it’s some kind of crazy, politically inspired CYA to blame for the mess we’re in.
(For a more fair and balanced — and detailed — recounting of Fannie and Freddie’s subprime investing forays, see this post from the excellent Calculated Risk blog.)
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1032881 Dec 1, 2013
Republicans Blame Obamacare for Alabama’s Iron Bowl Loss To Auburn

Republicans will literally blame Obamacare for anything. This includes blaming an Obamacare sign for Alabama’s loss to Auburn in the Iron Bowl.

Here is the final play where Auburn returned a missed 57 yard Alabama field goal attempt for the touchdown that won the game.

You might be thinking that Alabama lost the game because head coach Nick Saban decided to go for a difficult 57 yard field goal instead of heading to overtime, or maybe you think that it was just bad luck that Auburn won another game with a miracle ending.

But if you are a Republican you know that the real reason why soon to be former #1 team in the country lost the game.

Alabama lost because of this sign: Saban Loves Obamacare

Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy was loaded with Republicans who thought that the Saban sign was the best insult ever, but leave it Sen. Ted Cruz’s speechwriter to proclaim that the sign doomed Nick Saban’s Crimson Tide.

It is difficult to wrap your mind around the idea that a law that gives people access to affordable health care is somehow a great slur and insult. What is absolutely unfathomable is how deep the Obamacare Derangement Syndrome runs in the Republican Party.

These people will literally blame the Affordable Care Act, or a sign referencing the law, for anything. If Alabama would have made the final field goal, would that have meant that Saban’s supposed love of Obamacare powered the ball through the uprights?

Of course not, but Republicans have completely lost their minds because the health insurance market will have to adhere to free market principles.

This polluted thinking is what makes Republicans think that they can run against the ACA and take back the Senate in 2014. This serious level of derangement has them convinced that running against the ACA will lead them back to the White House in 2016.

The power of Obama hate did not cost Alabama the game, but to the Obama haters a magic sign did defending champs in.

For the record we don’t know how Nick Saban really feels about Obamacare, but I’ll bet he wishes that he could have that decision to try a 57 yard field goal back.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/30/republ...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1032882 Dec 1, 2013
After Dark wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the $100,000,000,000,000 you and "your kind" owe me?
Who is "your kind" and why do they owe you?
Waxman

Phoenix, AZ

#1032883 Dec 1, 2013
Obamacare - Healthcare.gov :

AmeriHealth NJ Select National Access Platinum POS+

AmeriHealth New Jersey
POS | Platinum

Estimated monthly premium for You, your spouse, and your children

$1614.64

This is for a "CRAPPY" POS plan where you can't even go out of network without paying 100% yourself for that doctor!!!!!!!!!!

That is $19.375.68 PER YEAR!!!!!!!

OBAMA LIED!!!!!

THIS ISN'T SAVING MONEY!!!!!

THIS IS A RIP-OFF!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 11 min honeymylove 2,280
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Extasy5256 231,043
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Legal Analysis 104,521
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr PEllen 9,852
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr PEllen 3,449
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,234
Why does Chicago want to harbor illegal criminals 3 hr YIM 20

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages