Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234149 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031711 Nov 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a HUGE difference between picking on poor 'lil Sarah Palin and calling a non-politician a "c**ksucking f*g" as Baldwin did. If you can't see the difference, it is because your head is buried in Breitbart's sandbox.
there is a HUGE difference between gross behavior on a network TV program and Baldwin's behavior off the air....

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1031712 Nov 27, 2013
No 9

{Rep. Costa:“I currently have an insurance plan that works. How will the new health care law affect me? Health reform protects existing coverage, and encourages employers to maintain it. It also improves current coverage by strengthening consumer protections.”}
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031713 Nov 27, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The return of a Grey brought ne life to the nutjob
you're as stupid as Obama if you think Gooseshit/Yeah has ever been away...

Location hidden

#1031714 Nov 27, 2013
No 10
{Rep. Crowley:“Our health care plan provides stability and security for those who have health insurance. If you like what you have, you can keep it.”}

Location hidden

#1031715 Nov 27, 2013
No 11

{Rep. Cuellar:“Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them.”}

Location hidden

#1031716 Nov 27, 2013
No 12

{Rep. Davis, Danny:“It protects current coverage allowing individuals to keep the insurance they have if they like it and preserves choice of doctors, hospitals, and health plans. It achieves these reforms through…”}

Location hidden

#1031717 Nov 27, 2013
No 13

{Rep. DeFazio:“The legislation is not a government takeover of health care. It will not get between anyone and their doctor. If you have insurance, you can keep your current plan.”}
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#1031718 Nov 27, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>the ACA website is working fine, my nephew got thru and signed up easily! Its a FauxNews and right wing myth!
Exactly. And even the MSM who love Obama must not be reporting the stats correctly. Let's see. 30 million uninsured and 50,000 signed up. And a promotional campaign promising freedom from the consequences of sexual promiscuity to 20 somethings in Colorado is necessary.

Yes, FauxNews and the right wing myth! That's the ticket. LOL.

You just keep blaming Faux News and that is all that matters. LOL.

Location hidden

#1031719 Nov 27, 2013
No 14

{Rep. DeGette: Not a quote attributed to her, but part of a news article she posted on her website:“Mr. Obama has said repeatedly, as he told the American Medical Association in June:“If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.” These assurances reflect an aspiration, but may not be literally true or enforceable.”}

Location hidden

#1031720 Nov 27, 2013

{Rep. Deutch:“If you have job-based health insurance you like, you can keep it.”}

Location hidden

#1031721 Nov 27, 2013
No 16

{Rep. Doggett:“If you already have coverage through your employer, Medicare, TRICARE, or some other source, you can keep that insurance and you are not required to buy additional coverage.”}
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1031722 Nov 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, most Republican family members hate each other.
Romney is very close with his family. Obama only saw his father a couple times in his life,same with this mother. Obama went to Hawaii to make sure his grandmother died before she could tell any news reporters that her grand son couldn't open his mouth with out lies exploding out of it.

Location hidden

#1031723 Nov 27, 2013
No 17

{Rep. Ellison:“If you like the insurance you have, you can keep it. Don’t listen to that stuff you heard in the last hour, Mr. Speaker. The truth is, you get to keep your health insurance if that’s what you want.”}

Location hidden

#1031724 Nov 27, 2013
No 18

{Rep. Engel:“This is a great day for all Americans from all walks of life – seniors, youth, the sick and the healthy. If you have health insurance, you can keep your doctor and your health plan. You like it, you keep it. It’s that simple.”}
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1031725 Nov 27, 2013
killtaker wrote:
No 2
{Rep. Cárdenas:“If you have insurance right now, your plan stays the same. This means if you get your health insurance through work, if you have Medicare or if you are a member of California Healthy Families, you keep that coverage.”}
People will keep their insurance only if it complies with Obamacare. Pre-existing, children to age 26, no cut off of coverage due to some insurances directives. To name a few.
Accelerating co pays to be in ratio to individuals income and not their health status. In short, poor health coverage will not be accepted and will require to be reformed or deleted.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1031726 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, the liar.
"The Independent Payment Advisory Board, or IPAB, is a fifteen-member United States Government agency created in 2010 by sections 3403 and 10320 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which has the explicit task of achieving specified savings in Medicare without affecting coverage or quality."
Carol just left off that last part.
Funny, huh.
You keep believing that..."without affecting coverage or quality."

You probably believe "if you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance...period" too.

The part you ignore is "achieving specified savings..."

Cost control is essential with government-involved health care and "coverage or quality" is a matter of who is going to get it.

Location hidden

#1031727 Nov 27, 2013
No 19

{Rep. Eshoo:“Q. My employer already provides coverage for me and my family and I like my plan. Do I need to do anything differently? A. No. You just keep the coverage you have.”}

Location hidden

#1031728 Nov 27, 2013
No 20

{Rep. Farr:“If you have job-based health insurance you like, you can keep it. You’re considered covered. You may be able to change to Marketplace coverage if you prefer.”}

Location hidden

#1031730 Nov 27, 2013
No 21

{Rep. Green, Gene:“If you have job-based health insurance you like, you can keep it....”}

Location hidden

#1031731 Nov 27, 2013
No 22

{Rep. Grijalva:“No one is forced to do anything. The entire premise of this legislation is to build on what works in today’s system. If you have employer sponsored health care today – as do most insured people – than little to nothing will change, except that your premiums will no longer subsidize coverage for the uninsured. If you are covered in the individual insurance market, you can keep your plan permanently and it will count as acceptable coverage even if it doesn’t meet those terms under the new law.”}

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Jacques Orleans 190,173
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 53,490
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr those who can- teach 99,570
Abby 5-28 1 hr RACE 13
amy 5-28 3 hr Kuuipo 12
any cute emo girls wana talk? 8 hr kay 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 70,035
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]