Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417665 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1031873 Nov 27, 2013
The south and the Yankees tell them that NOT expanding hand outs is slavery...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/22/opinion/ega... ;

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#1031874 Nov 27, 2013
When politicians offer...the proletariat come...

"Offering free or heavily subsidized care is inevitably going to increase overall use of the health care system.....

...Figures from the early years of the Medicaid program indicate the vast increase in demand that can result. According to a Brookings Institution study, in 1964, before Medicaid went into effect, those above the poverty line saw physicians about 20 percent more frequently than did the poor; by 1975, the poor were visiting physicians 18 percent more often than the nonpoor. Again, before Medicaid, those with low incomes had only half as many surgical procedures as those with middle-class incomes; by 1970, the rate for low-income people was 40% higher than for those with middle class incomes.[1] When Medicare was instituted in 1966, the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that by 1990, allowing for inflation, the program would cost $12 billion; the actual figure was $107 billion.[2](Government forecasts of the costs of entitlement programs are never accurate. In many cases, like this one, they do not even get the order of magnitude correct.)"

http://www.atlassociety.org/is_health_care_a_...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#1031875 Nov 27, 2013
Progressive math...

Is this correct?

"Medicare Part A: In 1965, the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that Medicare Part A, the hospital insurance part of the Medicare program, would cost $9 billion in 1990.(4) Once again, they were wrong. The actual cost of Part A in 1990 was $67 billion."

http://healthcare-economist.com/2009/11/11/cb...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#1031876 Nov 27, 2013
Promise people stuff and they will suckle...

Is this correct?

"Medicare Home Care Benefit: In 1988, the projected 1993 cost of the Medicare Home Care Benefit was $4 billion.(7) The actual 1993 cost was $10 billion"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#1031877 Nov 27, 2013
Promise people a teat and they will suckle pt II

"Social Security: When the Social Security Act of 1935 was being debated in Congress, the cost projections for the program extended all the way to 1980. At that time, it was estimated that the federal government would pay out $4 billion in Social Security payments in 1980.(9) In reality it paid out a staggering $108 billion."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#1031878 Nov 27, 2013
Promise people a teat and they will suckle pt III
Is this correct?
"End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Program: Congress passed entitlement legislation that provided kidney dialysis for citizens suffering from ESRD in 1972. It was predicted that the program would cost taxpayers $100 million in 1974.11 The estimates were off and the program ended up costing $229 million in that year"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#1031879 Nov 27, 2013
Progressives and the never empty teat...

Is this true?

"The Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital (DHS) Program: The Medicaid DHS Program is used by states to aid hospitals that treat a high number of Medicaid and uninsured patients. In 1987, Congress estimated that the cost the program would be $1 billion in 1992.13 The actual cost was 17 times larger than the congressional estimate. Medicaid DHS cost taxpayers $17 billion in 1992."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#1031880 Nov 27, 2013
Good night all!

Enjoy your holiday!

One thing I am thankful for:

That I will NEVER EVER stop learning...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1031882 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Then again, if Obama were impeached, it would be considered martyrdom by the radical left.
Maybe it's best just to wait for the fallout of ObamaCare. Then see what happens next.
If the Magic Negro were to be impeached .....we'd have Joe "Dental" Biden in charge?

God forbid.

Right now, we've got Black Tooth and White Fang in there.

We need a complete extraction and not a partial....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#1031883 Nov 27, 2013
Malt liquor Progressive wrote:
<quoted text>
Our leader with the stroke of a pen needs to permanently ban fox news from the airwaves along with rush , mark levin , Glenn beck , and that ridiculoulsy racist redeye radio with that stupid Eric Harley and the other racist buffoon Gary McNamara and he should put these people in jail. These people are a threat to this country and should be treated as traitors and terrorist
Our leader strokes his pen?

Does he also beat his meat?

Play his fiddle?

Pocket pool?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#1031884 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Okay, now that we're all informed about "having the talk" tomorrow, does anyone else feel a little stupid now for having even read it?
Right now, I feel stupid being an American.

Can I be an Australian this weekend?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#1031885 Nov 27, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Rome handed the dummies popcorn...
"Obamacare Event Hands Out Condoms as Prizes"
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamacare...
This should have included a demonstration with an Obama Blow-Up Doll bent over the table.

We all need to get behind the President on this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#1031886 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go. Let's just cut to the chase and go straight to a dictatorship.
Because this sounds very much like every dictator in history and every supporter of a dictatorship.
Malt liquor Progressive is heavily into S&M.

The Magic Negro with a whip in hand just turns him on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031888 Nov 28, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Promise people a teat and they will suckle pt II
"Social Security: When the Social Security Act of 1935 was being debated in Congress, the cost projections for the program extended all the way to 1980. At that time, it was estimated that the federal government would pay out $4 billion in Social Security payments in 1980.(9) In reality it paid out a staggering $108 billion."
You failed to mention that income for SS also grew. A sign of a well designed program.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#1031889 Nov 28, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
You can trust the Iranians as much as you trusted the last sailor who said he wouldn't you know what in your mouth.
There is no trust, Dumbass. There are inspections & verifications.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1031890 Nov 28, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1031891 Nov 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
At first, I believed Zimmerman caused the death of Trayvon. He left his house with a gun. Got hammered on here for not backing down.
It wasn't until I read the transcript between Zimmerman and the dispatcher all the way through that it became clear the police had agreed to meet Zimmerman at a designated location in the apartment complex...which had changed from the beginning of the conversation.
If Trayvon hadn't been the one on top, I'd probably still think Zimmerman overreacted. And maybe he did. But Trayvon was still the one on top. He should have gone home. No one would have know who he was then or now.
The bottom line Carol is that Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon Martin despite instructions not to. Had he stayed in his vehicle and met with the police then this whole tragedy would never have happened. We also now know that on that night Zimmerman and his wife got into an argument that was intense enough for her to leave their home. Zimmerman was obviously in an angry and possibly unstable state of mind and looking for someone to take his anger out on and it turned out to be a young man heading home armed only with a can of tea and skittles. Trayvon Martin had just as much right to stand his ground against someone who he perceived was stalking him.
The latest allegations against Zimmerman by his girlfriend indicate that he has real anger management and control issues.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#1031892 Nov 28, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nearly as imbecilic as you, Doorknob, the salient point is the feds can't run the PO or the IRS properly and slobbering saps like you think somehow, magically, against all experience, they'll run healthcare for the entire nation better.
Gawd, yur stupid.
No. The point is that you said the RS was running the healthcare system. A really stupid statement from a really stupid person.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1031893 Nov 28, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving morans and normal people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#1031894 Nov 28, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>ObamaKare is HillaryKare with thousands of rules,regulations,and taxes added to take money out of the pockets of the hard working citizens and control the population. The ObamaKare bills takes decision making abilities out of the hands of citizens,doctors,and hospitals and gives it to government bureaucrats.

Liar.

The ACA takes no decisions made by doctors & patients.

You people are just plain uninformed, uneducated & just plain stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Grand Birther 222,343
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 103,437
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,448
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 70,939
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 9,371
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 3,023
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 6,689

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages