Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1567179 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1031285 Nov 27, 2013
Poll: Americans Support Iran Deal By 2-To-1 Margin

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-am...

conservatives hate it, so naturally, everyone else loves it.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031287 Nov 27, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with a GD brain[clearly not idiots like you] knew that the outfit that can't run the Post Office or the IRS properly could never run the healthcare system for 300 plus million people. Benagazikare will never work. You're an idiot.
The IRS does not run the health system.

Just how dumb are you people?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031288 Nov 27, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Answer this question stoopid. Why before nobamakare were there no restrictions on the doctor or hospital one chose to use? Insurance carriers did not determine one's doctor or hospital the user made the choice. That pisses you off, folks should not have the right to make those kind of decisions, insurance carriers forced by big government should make the decisions. A true nanny state, Utopia for "real dumb", one who will not take a leak without permission.
Peace
KMA
EEd, policies had copays & coinsurance for those within their network & different, if any, for those out of network.

How did you get so stupid.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031289 Nov 27, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
peloousy was not talking to congress? Who was she talking to? The citizens of this country? She was admitting she had nary a clue? Be honest, just for once, congress does not know what they passed. New revelations come out daily. What is the count now, 40+ democrats are running from the debacle they passed, a debacle nearly 60% of the American public does not support? Moocher's like you love nobamakare, you get something for nothing. The workers and the producers will pick up the tab.
Peace
KMA
I told you to whom she was speaking.

She knew what was in it. She was referring to all the rumors, & lies Republicans were spreading about the bill.

Once it passed, then those lies would be easily debunked. Just like I easily debunk the lies you right whiners keep posting.
Brad

Bolton, CT

#1031290 Nov 27, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, more untrustworthy than any of the white presidents to precede him, right? Every program you racist blame Obama for, was started under Bush, Reagan, or some other republican racist! Even the ACA was a republican idea, only now scrutinized because, a black, democrat succeeded where they all failed. Take pride in your racism, you are what you are! What's crazy is, you KKK's have an excuse for all of Obama's accomplishments. TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR RACISM, YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE!
For 8 long years Hillary worked on a similar socialized health care plan her own party wouldn't support,along with the majority of Americans.
The kicker was when she said a certain amount of Americans would lose their doctors,current plans and the rates might go up.
Oblamer didn't afford the American people the same courtesy of telling them the simple truth.
A bad idea is still a bad idea regardless of who authors the bad idea.
The person that acts on the bad idea is the problem,especially when every other attempt historically has failed and they use that same failed approach as a blue-print and expect a different outcome.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031291 Nov 27, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney was taking to a private group when he made the "47%" remark you idiot!
See? You Democrats are brainless as hell!
Please identify those who aid different?

Everyone knew who Romney was talking to.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031292 Nov 27, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore RealDave he claims unions did not get waivers! He is factually WRONG!
Never said that.
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#1031293 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS does not run the health system.
Just how dumb are you people?
The IRS is most certainly deeply involved and is in fact running the part that takes all your income info and decides if you can get a subsidy or not and they are the ones responsible for fining (taxing) your ass if you do not have coverage. The IRS is all up in everyone's business now, like they weren't enough before. Wake up, try to catch up on the world before you go posting on anything going on in it and you won't look so ignorant about stuff.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031294 Nov 27, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the first Kenyan-American president. His father was never a citizen of the United States,not even for one day. Obama doesn't believe in our country because he doesn't share our traditional values. It is not racist to vote for someone that shares your morals,values, and principles. The racists are the people that voted for someone based on the color of that persons skin,most likely most of the people that voted for Obama. Obama has no character,so the only reason any one would have voted for him is based on his race. A lot of people wanted a Kenyan in The White House,many regret it but most of them are not intelligent enough to know that they are responsible for the consequences of their vote.
Frankly Frank, you don't have a leg to stand on, given the fact that you're a republican, and most likly voted for Bush (the inompetent),and reagan (the actor)! He cleaned up Bush's mess, your LORD & SAVIOR. You can get as politically correct as you would like. The fact is, you racist fucks did'nt really care where his father was born. Does he talk like a Kenyan, live a Kenyan culture, or even identify himself as a Kenyan? Shit, your own kind does'nt even identify him as a Kenyan! He was born on American soil, with a cultural family background from Africa like most black folks. He endured the minority of white America's racist natures like evry other blackman in this country, yet you want to seperate him from his culture, to bolster your hidden racist agenda. CUT THE BULLSHIT OUT! You think the fact that half of the country( all white) hates the 1st black president is a coincidence? WHO DO YA'LL CRACKA'S THINK YOU'RE FOOLING? YOUR OWN CHILDREN DON'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU. THAT'S WHY THEY WERE THE DOMINATING FACTOR THAT GOT OBAMA ELECTED TWICE, AND WOULD FOR A 3RD TIME IF POSSIBLE!
TSM

United States

#1031295 Nov 27, 2013
The Three Stooges!!

Valeria Jarrett was the author/negotiator on the (Nuclear Deal), Kerry was the (Face) sitting at the table negotiating, Obama the (Puppet President) that announces the Deal and Before the Ink even Dried Iran Rejects Obama Interpretation of Nuclear Deal…. Embarrassing!!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031296 Nov 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Does a Catalytic Converter increase MPG? Nope.
Does an EGR? Nope.
Does Unleaded gas? Nope.
Does low-emission crankcase oil affect MPG? Nope.
Do emission-retention Gas Pumps affect MPG? Nope.
The vast majority of efforts to lower ICE emissions were not and are not now directed by MPG. They are simply directed by a motivation to clean the air we breathe.
MPG has been a long effort driven by various combinations of consumer demand and government efforts to create American Energy Independence starting with the Jimmy Carter Administration, I believe, when the famous OPEC Energy Embargo occurred and there were mile-long caravans of cars waiting entrance to Gas Stations.
Right now, a vehicle getting only 8 MPG wouldn't sell because consumers demand better gas mileage and the Vehicle Industry is sensitive to those demands along with government pressure to increase MPG, too.
The Magic Negro, of course, will use any Socialist ploy to gain control of America's Energy Industry including his preaching about Solar vs. Petro to benefit his friends financially and how we're all gonna die if Al Gore doesn't get another Nobel Prize.
So a car with all the crap you listed getting 20 mpg has the same emissions as a car with all that crap getting 40 MPG? You claimed it does. That is really stupid.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031297 Nov 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I claimed all sanctions were the same????
Voices in your head are really busy today, eh, DumDave?
You are conversing with an adult here, boy, so straighten up:)
Ys you did.

I said Obama's sanctions lead to bringing the Iranians to the table.

You had a GD tizzy fit saying how I was wrong & we had sanctions since the 80's.

You were too GD stupid to know those sanctions were mostly unilateral with little effect & that it was Obama who gathered international support & joined those sanctions that forced Iran to the table.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031298 Nov 27, 2013
Phil Shifley wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS is most certainly deeply involved and is in fact running the part that takes all your income info and decides if you can get a subsidy or not and they are the ones responsible for fining (taxing) your ass if you do not have coverage. The IRS is all up in everyone's business now, like they weren't enough before. Wake up, try to catch up on the world before you go posting on anything going on in it and you won't look so ignorant about stuff.
I have news, The IRS already knew your income.

My God, how does verifying income & collecting the fines for not being insured turn into running the health care system?

You people are dumber than sh*t.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031299 Nov 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
For 8 long years Hillary worked on a similar socialized health care plan her own party wouldn't support,along with the majority of Americans.
The kicker was when she said a certain amount of Americans would lose their doctors,current plans and the rates might go up.
Oblamer didn't afford the American people the same courtesy of telling them the simple truth.
A bad idea is still a bad idea regardless of who authors the bad idea.
The person that acts on the bad idea is the problem,especially when every other attempt historically has failed and they use that same failed approach as a blue-print and expect a different outcome.
Cry all you want, the ACA is the law of the land. Fact is , you hate the fact that a blackman accomplished what a whiteman could'nt. I'm hear to tell you, it ain't the 1st time, and won't be the last. What you're crying about was passed through our judicial system, DEMOCRATICALLY, by law! Bush lied, AND OVER 4,000 Americans were lead to slaughter like cattle, on the whiff of his lies. Millions of innocent Iraqi's were oblitherated for the oilman's greed of oil, which lead to instability in the entire region. Yet you supported him, lock & step, fuck up after fuck up like a true little patriot! Stop it man, you people are making fools of yourselves.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031300 Nov 27, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly Frank, you don't have a leg to stand on, given the fact that you're a republican, and most likly voted for Bush (the inompetent),and reagan (the actor)! He cleaned up Bush's mess, your LORD & SAVIOR. You can get as politically correct as you would like. The fact is, you racist fucks did'nt really care where his father was born. Does he talk like a Kenyan, live a Kenyan culture, or even identify himself as a Kenyan? Shit, your own kind does'nt even identify him as a Kenyan! He was born on American soil, with a cultural family background from Africa like most black folks. He endured the minority of white America's racist natures like evry other blackman in this country, yet you want to seperate him from his culture, to bolster your hidden racist agenda. CUT THE BULLSHIT OUT! You think the fact that half of the country( all white) hates the 1st black president is a coincidence? WHO DO YA'LL CRACKA'S THINK YOU'RE FOOLING? YOUR OWN CHILDREN DON'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU. THAT'S WHY THEY WERE THE DOMINATING FACTOR THAT GOT OBAMA ELECTED TWICE, AND WOULD FOR A 3RD TIME IF POSSIBLE!
Frank's just an angry old white man whose crackhead white trash daughter lost custody of her kids to her responsible black husband.
That's where he is coming from.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031301 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news, The IRS already knew your income.
My God, how does verifying income & collecting the fines for not being insured turn into running the health care system?
You people are dumber than sh*t.
They never knew the IRS knows where you bank, your bank accounts and how many you have too. They have the right to levy your account for non payment of taxes. Nothing new here.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031302 Nov 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
For 8 long years Hillary worked on a similar socialized health care plan her own party wouldn't support,along with the majority of Americans.
The kicker was when she said a certain amount of Americans would lose their doctors,current plans and the rates might go up.
Oblamer didn't afford the American people the same courtesy of telling them the simple truth.
A bad idea is still a bad idea regardless of who authors the bad idea.
The person that acts on the bad idea is the problem,especially when every other attempt historically has failed and they use that same failed approach as a blue-print and expect a different outcome.
Did you notice? Did you see what happened when everyone was complaining about a website? Single-payer got started in America.

Vermont is using authority granted under the Affordable Care Act to start a single-payer system. Most Americans still don't know what the phrase "single-payer" even means. It had little support in Congress in 2009 and Senate "Democrats" like Nelson and Lieberman even killed the public option. But, ACA had this sweet little provision that allowed states to set up a single-payer system and now people will see it in action. You know what that means.

As Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) opines, "The quickest route toward a national health care program will be when individual states go forward and demonstrate that universal and non-profit health care works, and that it is the cost-effective and moral thing to do.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/24/1258... #
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031303 Nov 27, 2013
TSM wrote:
The Three Stooges!!
Valeria Jarrett was the author/negotiator on the (Nuclear Deal), Kerry was the (Face) sitting at the table negotiating, Obama the (Puppet President) that announces the Deal and Before the Ink even Dried Iran Rejects Obama Interpretation of Nuclear Deal…. Embarrassing!!
You should be embarrassed at how dumb you are.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031304 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news, The IRS already knew your income.
My God, how does verifying income & collecting the fines for not being insured turn into running the health care system?
You people are dumber than sh*t.
thank you! I was gonna reply, but no need to now.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031305 Nov 27, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the first Kenyan-American president. His father was never a citizen of the United States,not even for one day. Obama doesn't believe in our country because he doesn't share our traditional values. It is not racist to vote for someone that shares your morals,values, and principles. The racists are the people that voted for someone based on the color of that persons skin,most likely most of the people that voted for Obama. Obama has no character,so the only reason any one would have voted for him is based on his race. A lot of people wanted a Kenyan in The White House,many regret it but most of them are not intelligent enough to know that they are responsible for the consequences of their vote.
Without a black man, the father of your grandchildren; those kids would be wards of the state. Now, stfu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 105,223
Simon McGreedys 3 hr Rattlesnake Pete 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Just Think 242,122
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 5 hr Id eat a gun-1st 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 11,036
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr Alyssa76 3,670
last post wins! (Apr '13) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 2,578

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages