Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522207 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1031226 Nov 26, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Ah, What's in a Name? Obamacare is gone, the ACA is back.
The Lyin' King didn’t say “Obamacare” once during his nearly hourlong news conference last week, while he referred to the “Affordable Care Act” a dozen times.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi went so far as to correct David Gregory on “Meet the Press” Sunday on the proper terminology.
And White House talking points distributed to Democrats and obtained by POLITICO repeatedly refer to the Affordable Care Act in suggested sound bites, not Obamacare.
Bengazikare is the latest name, much more fitting.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1031227 Nov 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes what seems like a burden ends up being a blessing.
Obama could be the result of America having turned away from God and rebelling against him or he could be the silver lining and a blessing.
If liberalism is defeated by Obama winning a second term, what better blessing and sliver lining could there possibly be?
It will be up to all Americans to decide where we go from there.
The darkest hour is just before dawn?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1031228 Nov 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is homosexual unfriendly, i.e,. a big f*cking bigot.
we really don't care who sodomizes you, if you'd just get a job and give up your 3 Oblamaphones.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031229 Nov 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there are "Americans" who welcome Islamic terrorists and who meet them in secret...doesn't mean that the country should tolerate them...
So exactly what do you call the Christian president that lead this Christian country into a sovereign country, and slaughtered millions of muslims? I forgot, you support and defend him like a good little Christian.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1031230 Nov 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes what seems like a burden ends up being a blessing.
Obama could be the result of America having turned away from God and rebelling against him or he could be the silver lining and a blessing.
If liberalism is defeated by Obama winning a second term, what better blessing and sliver lining could there possibly be?
It will be up to all Americans to decide where we go from there.
It never ceases to amaze me how you people really believe God is political and chooses sides...

The delusion is incredible....

“no one told me”

Denver

#1031231 Nov 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with GD brain knew that policies would have to meet certain guidelines.
Everyone with GD brain knew there was a grandfather clause that allowed insurance companies to continue existing plans.
The problem with you right whiners is that you are dumber that sh*t.
If you had a plan that was next to nothing, certainly you knew that was no longer OK.
If you had a real plan, then yes the ACA did nothing to stop that.

Anyone with a GD brain[clearly not idiots like you] knew that the outfit that can't run the Post Office or the IRS properly could never run the healthcare system for 300 plus million people. Benagazikare will never work. You're an idiot.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1031232 Nov 26, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Do me a favor, show me where in the bible Jesus was for nearly 30 yrs. God's inspiration was;nt enough to document his life for 30 yrs huh? You worship contatine also. Jesus said " if you drink from my mouth, you will be like I, and I like you." Interpet that for me please. Also why Jesus himself said " most people won't understand his teachings, and why he spoke about the dead & sleep so much, pleasse!
The one thing they keep forgetting is the Books weren't written in English!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1031233 Nov 26, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So exactly what do you call the Christian president that lead this Christian country into a sovereign country, and slaughtered millions of muslims? I forgot, you support and defend him like a good little Christian.
Well now!

It could be all well and good if LoLa switched Testaments back and forth!
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031234 Nov 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your clueless kind use Treasure Maps for kindling and then bemoan the fact that you're poor.
Then in walks the Magic Negro.....
Wallah! it's called nessecity. After all, the magic cracka could'nt get the job done. Did'nt every president before Obama try to get universal healthcare pass? In comes the blackman, Wallah!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1031235 Nov 26, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? That's exactly what religion does, eliminate free will. It's either GOD or the devils fault. Man is not accountable for anything in you folks eyes. Incase you did'nt know, research the apostle Paul's version of CHRISTIANITY! It definitly does'nt match the version you follow. You worship the emperor constatine.
Listen up, loon. There's a huge difference between indoctrination into a religion and having the ability to "choose" whether to accept that indoctrination, or not, taken from you (against your will) via drugs, genetic manipulation or surgery like Harris suggests "someone"(the government) do to people who are believers.
"Religion" doesn't DO anything, people do. People who preach religion are only hoping their listeners will choose their Way, creeps like Harris want to make us incapable of that choice. I would rather take my chances with the ones who only "hope" to influence me, not the ones who prefer to force their will on me by removing my own. Owning our own will, we can choose to believe or not believe; having our will to choose either way removed by someone else is evil incarnate.
The god I was taught to follow holds all people accountable for their actions. Go back to your congregation of lost souls and tell them you've failed to bring another one into the fold. You are a liar for Oblivion.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1031236 Nov 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
where can i see the unedited video.
Look up your butt, idiot.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1031237 Nov 26, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with a GD brain[clearly not idiots like you] knew that the outfit that can't run the Post Office or the IRS properly could never run the healthcare system for 300 plus million people. Benagazikare will never work. You're an idiot.
lol! And yet, it's the government that controls the military, nuclear and biological options!

Who should we outsource these to son?
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031238 Nov 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The one thing they keep forgetting is the Books weren't written in English!
True! Another thing is, constatine slaughtered millions of fellow Christians, in the name of Christianity, along with setting forth a crusade to rid the world of the original text. Then they call the dead sea scrolls fake because,they simply don't match their ideology. What can you expect from people who believe slavery was a blessing in disguise for black folks, and the bogus thanks giving story still taught in schools across the country, even after it's been debunked.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1031239 Nov 26, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
About a visit to the Obama WH...
"Larry Summers, former head of the National Economic Council, thought having Jarrett represent the White House was a mistake. Business leaders “felt patronized and offended by Valerie,” Summers told Woodward, largely due to her tendency to insist that she spoke for the president, and an approach to problem-solving that involved little more than scheduling multiple lunch meetings. One CEO complained to Alter that “when we go to the White House, we talk to people we wouldn’t hire.” Alter himself has likened Jarrett’s role in the White House to “the CEO putting his sister in charge of marketing.”
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/364394/...
I had 2 Valerie Jarrets across from me in a courtroom once, neither one would even attempt to pronounce my last name, which believe me isn't very hard to do. How they got thru law school is a mystery.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1031240 Nov 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
lol! Gotta love 'em!!!
"Pope issues mission statement for papacy
Email this Story
Nov 26, 4:09 PM (ET)
By NICOLE WINFIELD
VATICAN CITY (AP)- Pope Francis denounced the global financial system that excludes the poor as he issued the mission statement for his papacy on Tuesday, saying he wants the Catholic Church to get its hands dirty as it seeks to bring solace and mercy to society's outcasts.
In a 224-page document, Francis pulled together the priorities he has laid out over eight months of homilies, speeches and interviews, pushing to shift the church away from a focus on doctrine to one of joyful welcome in a bid to draw in believers in a world marked by secularization and vast income inequalities.
The document, Evangelii Gaudium,(The Joy of the Gospel), is the second major teaching document issued by Francis, but is the first actually written by him since the encyclical "The Light of Faith," issued in July, was penned almost entirely by Pope Benedict XVI before he resigned.
Francis' concerns are laced throughout, and the theological and historical citations leave no doubt about his own points of reference and priorities: Popes John XXIII and Paul VI, who presided over the Second Vatican Council, which brought the church into the modern world, are cited repeatedly.
And in a first for an apostolic exhortation, as this type of papal pronouncement is called, Francis cited various documents of bishops' conferences from around the world, an indication of the importance he places in giving the local church greater say in church governance.
In the text, Francis denounced trickle-down economic theories as unproven and naive, saying they are based on a survival of the fittest mentality "where the powerful feed upon the powerless" with no regard for ethics, the environment or even God.
"Money must serve, not rule!" he said in calling for political leaders to reform the system. "The Pope loves everyone, rich and poor alike, but he is obliged in the name of Christ to remind all that the rich must help, respect and promote the poor."
In a direct challenge to the focus of the past two popes, he also decried the church's "obsession" with rules and doctrine and said in some cases, the church's old customs can be cast aside if they no longer serve to communicate the faith.
In the church's "hierarchy of truths," mercy is paramount, proportion is necessary, and what counts is inviting the faithful in, he said.
At the same time, Francis restated the church's opposition to abortion, making clear that the doctrine is non-negotiable and is at the core of the church's insistence on the dignity of every human being.
The aim of the text was to set out his idea of what the Catholic Church should be, and how its priests, bishops and even the pope must change course to fulfill the task.
"I prefer a church which is bruised, hurting and dirty because it has been out on the streets, rather than a church which is unhealthy from being confined and from clinging to its own security," he wrote. "I do not want a church concerned with being at the center and then ends up by being caught up in a web of obsessions and procedures."..."
I skipped over about 500 posts to find this... It bares repeating:

"In the text, Francis denounced trickle-down economic theories as unproven and naive, saying they are based on a survival of the fittest mentality "where the powerful feed upon the powerless" with no regard for ethics, the environment or even God.

"Money must serve, not rule!" he said in calling for political leaders to reform the system. "The Pope loves everyone, rich and poor alike, but he is obliged in the name of Christ to remind all that the rich must help, respect and promote the poor."

“no one told me”

Denver

#1031241 Nov 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't it amuzing that RealDave and sonicfilter show back up at the same time? Guess that talking points meeting Obama had yesterday re lite the fire.
After a torrid KY jelly fueled rut, it's how they unwind.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1031242 Nov 26, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Do me a favor, show me where in the bible Jesus was for nearly 30 yrs. God's inspiration was;nt enough to document his life for 30 yrs huh? You worship contatine also. Jesus said " if you drink from my mouth, you will be like I, and I like you." Interpet that for me please. Also why Jesus himself said " most people won't understand his teachings, and why he spoke about the dead & sleep so much, pleasse!
Well, not really sure what you're talking about or to which scriptures you're referring.

But your heart will tell you what you need to know when it's ready to know it. It will be in the right place when that happens. The scriptures say the word of God is foolishness to unbelievers. Only the Holy Spirit reveals its truths.

However, unfortunately, this is not the right forum to go into a lot of depth on the subject - as much as I would like.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1031243 Nov 26, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>True! Another thing is, constatine slaughtered millions of fellow Christians, in the name of Christianity, along with setting forth a crusade to rid the world of the original text. Then they call the dead sea scrolls fake because,they simply don't match their ideology. What can you expect from people who believe slavery was a blessing in disguise for black folks, and the bogus thanks giving story still taught in schools across the country, even after it's been debunked.
Do you really know what you're talking about? Or are you just making it up as you go along?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1031244 Nov 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>James O'Keefe says it all, he's a "twice proven" scumbag pos and only a moron like Carol would try to sell that sht on this thread.
Only squealing pigs like you can't see the truth right in front of their faces. I'll bet Oblama never lied to you 29 times about keeping your insurance.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031245 Nov 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Listen up, loon. There's a huge difference between indoctrination into a religion and having the ability to "choose" whether to accept that indoctrination, or not, taken from you (against your will) via drugs, genetic manipulation or surgery like Harris suggests "someone"(the government) do to people who are believers.
"Religion" doesn't DO anything, people do. People who preach religion are only hoping their listeners will choose their Way, creeps like Harris want to make us incapable of that choice. I would rather take my chances with the ones who only "hope" to influence me, not the ones who prefer to force their will on me by removing my own. Owning our own will, we can choose to believe or not believe; having our will to choose either way removed by someone else is evil incarnate.
The god I was taught to follow holds all people accountable for their actions. Go back to your congregation of lost souls and tell them you've failed to bring another one into the fold. You are a liar for Oblivion.
It's not my job to bring you into the fold. A soul will remain lost until it chooses to find itself. You're the fool who feels the need to, go thru another sinful individual to find God. I found him in me! You need a man to preach to you, words you can read yourself. I comprehend very well! Religion is evil incarnate. It's division, which creates conflict and reason for wars, the most profitable resource on the planet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 240,339
Hello Chicago 2 hr JDogs The Name 1
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 3 hr Bryce 31
Scary Obituary 4 hr Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Rose of Tralee 105,132
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 9 hr Truth 8
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 9 hr SENIORS READ-THIS 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages