Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1640451 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031297 Nov 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I claimed all sanctions were the same????
Voices in your head are really busy today, eh, DumDave?
You are conversing with an adult here, boy, so straighten up:)
Ys you did.

I said Obama's sanctions lead to bringing the Iranians to the table.

You had a GD tizzy fit saying how I was wrong & we had sanctions since the 80's.

You were too GD stupid to know those sanctions were mostly unilateral with little effect & that it was Obama who gathered international support & joined those sanctions that forced Iran to the table.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1031298 Nov 27, 2013
Phil Shifley wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS is most certainly deeply involved and is in fact running the part that takes all your income info and decides if you can get a subsidy or not and they are the ones responsible for fining (taxing) your ass if you do not have coverage. The IRS is all up in everyone's business now, like they weren't enough before. Wake up, try to catch up on the world before you go posting on anything going on in it and you won't look so ignorant about stuff.
I have news, The IRS already knew your income.

My God, how does verifying income & collecting the fines for not being insured turn into running the health care system?

You people are dumber than sh*t.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031299 Nov 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
For 8 long years Hillary worked on a similar socialized health care plan her own party wouldn't support,along with the majority of Americans.
The kicker was when she said a certain amount of Americans would lose their doctors,current plans and the rates might go up.
Oblamer didn't afford the American people the same courtesy of telling them the simple truth.
A bad idea is still a bad idea regardless of who authors the bad idea.
The person that acts on the bad idea is the problem,especially when every other attempt historically has failed and they use that same failed approach as a blue-print and expect a different outcome.
Cry all you want, the ACA is the law of the land. Fact is , you hate the fact that a blackman accomplished what a whiteman could'nt. I'm hear to tell you, it ain't the 1st time, and won't be the last. What you're crying about was passed through our judicial system, DEMOCRATICALLY, by law! Bush lied, AND OVER 4,000 Americans were lead to slaughter like cattle, on the whiff of his lies. Millions of innocent Iraqi's were oblitherated for the oilman's greed of oil, which lead to instability in the entire region. Yet you supported him, lock & step, fuck up after fuck up like a true little patriot! Stop it man, you people are making fools of yourselves.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031300 Nov 27, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly Frank, you don't have a leg to stand on, given the fact that you're a republican, and most likly voted for Bush (the inompetent),and reagan (the actor)! He cleaned up Bush's mess, your LORD & SAVIOR. You can get as politically correct as you would like. The fact is, you racist fucks did'nt really care where his father was born. Does he talk like a Kenyan, live a Kenyan culture, or even identify himself as a Kenyan? Shit, your own kind does'nt even identify him as a Kenyan! He was born on American soil, with a cultural family background from Africa like most black folks. He endured the minority of white America's racist natures like evry other blackman in this country, yet you want to seperate him from his culture, to bolster your hidden racist agenda. CUT THE BULLSHIT OUT! You think the fact that half of the country( all white) hates the 1st black president is a coincidence? WHO DO YA'LL CRACKA'S THINK YOU'RE FOOLING? YOUR OWN CHILDREN DON'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU. THAT'S WHY THEY WERE THE DOMINATING FACTOR THAT GOT OBAMA ELECTED TWICE, AND WOULD FOR A 3RD TIME IF POSSIBLE!
Frank's just an angry old white man whose crackhead white trash daughter lost custody of her kids to her responsible black husband.
That's where he is coming from.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031301 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, how does verifying income & collecting the fines for not being insured turn into running the health care system?
They never knew the IRS knows where you bank, your bank accounts and how many you have too. They have the right to levy your account for non payment of taxes. Nothing new here.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031302 Nov 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
For 8 long years Hillary worked on a similar socialized health care plan her own party wouldn't support,along with the majority of Americans.
The kicker was when she said a certain amount of Americans would lose their doctors,current plans and the rates might go up.
Oblamer didn't afford the American people the same courtesy of telling them the simple truth.
A bad idea is still a bad idea regardless of who authors the bad idea.
The person that acts on the bad idea is the problem,especially when every other attempt historically has failed and they use that same failed approach as a blue-print and expect a different outcome.
Did you notice? Did you see what happened when everyone was complaining about a website? Single-payer got started in America.

Vermont is using authority granted under the Affordable Care Act to start a single-payer system. Most Americans still don't know what the phrase "single-payer" even means. It had little support in Congress in 2009 and Senate "Democrats" like Nelson and Lieberman even killed the public option. But, ACA had this sweet little provision that allowed states to set up a single-payer system and now people will see it in action. You know what that means.

As Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) opines, "The quickest route toward a national health care program will be when individual states go forward and demonstrate that universal and non-profit health care works, and that it is the cost-effective and moral thing to do.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/24/1258... #
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031303 Nov 27, 2013
TSM wrote:
The Three Stooges!!
Valeria Jarrett was the author/negotiator on the (Nuclear Deal), Kerry was the (Face) sitting at the table negotiating, Obama the (Puppet President) that announces the Deal and Before the Ink even Dried Iran Rejects Obama Interpretation of Nuclear Deal…. Embarrassing!!
You should be embarrassed at how dumb you are.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031304 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you! I was gonna reply, but no need to now.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031305 Nov 27, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the first Kenyan-American president. His father was never a citizen of the United States,not even for one day. Obama doesn't believe in our country because he doesn't share our traditional values. It is not racist to vote for someone that shares your morals,values, and principles. The racists are the people that voted for someone based on the color of that persons skin,most likely most of the people that voted for Obama. Obama has no character,so the only reason any one would have voted for him is based on his race. A lot of people wanted a Kenyan in The White House,many regret it but most of them are not intelligent enough to know that they are responsible for the consequences of their vote.
Without a black man, the father of your grandchildren; those kids would be wards of the state. Now, stfu.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031306 Nov 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They never knew the IRS knows where you bank, your bank accounts and how many you have too. They have the right to levy your account for non payment of taxes. Nothing new here.
What's new is, a blackman is heading the efforts behind this healthcare law. First we're sleeping with their daughters, and now we're making laws! Huets them to know the KKK are'nt relevant anymore. Feel like they're losing their grip!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1031307 Nov 27, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the first Kenyan-American president. His father was never a citizen of the United States,not even for one day. Obama doesn't believe in our country because he doesn't share our traditional values. It is not racist to vote for someone that shares your morals,values, and principles. The racists are the people that voted for someone based on the color of that persons skin,most likely most of the people that voted for Obama. Obama has no character,so the only reason any one would have voted for him is based on his race. A lot of people wanted a Kenyan in The White House,many regret it but most of them are not intelligent enough to know that they are responsible for the consequences of their vote.
Well lQQkie here, Frank pops in from the birther thread with the same old gibberish. What's the matter scumbag are you and the other losers running out of ideas?
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#1031308 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I am obviously dealing with someone with a reading comprehension deficit.

Where did I say the IRS didn't already know your income???

I also never stated they are "running" the whole thing. They are however running a very very BIG part of it. The income verification for subsidy's and the taxing part....those are kinda biggies there skippy.

Now try to be quiet while the big people are talking ok....it's rude to interrupt the adults.
TSM

United States

#1031309 Nov 27, 2013
The first sign of a Bad Deal is when your adversaries declare Victory!! Iran president: We won, enrichment will never stop!! Liberals help me out what was the Purpose of these Negotiations?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031310 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure God is anything but political. He only cares about the heart and what's in it.
But when we screw up and elect someone who isn't fit for leadership, we shouldn't be surprised if it backfires.
And that would be a huge blessing for a lot of us.
Obamacare could prove to be the silver lining that puts an end to the liberal ideology nonsense once and for all.
Personally, I would shout "Hallelujah!" if that happened.
If you truly believe that; then don't be surprised at your fate on judgment day.
There's no silver lining in your hateful heart.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1031312 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it.
You think that burning 20 gallons of gasoline as the same emission as burning 10 gallons of gasoline.
Who cares, we don't even have emission controls in my county. I own a V8 with a turbo. Vrooom vvrrrrooom. So I will be running out to get ready for both holidays. Vrrrrroooooooommmmmmm. Get out of the way.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031313 Nov 27, 2013
Now it was the beginning of another day, and a man Lively would list as Client 375 sat across from her in her office at a health clinic next to a Hardee’s.
“So, is that Breathitt County?” she asked Woodrow Wilson Noble as she tapped his information into a laptop Thursday morning.

“Yeah, we live on this side of the hill,” said Noble, whose family farm had gone under, who lived on food stamps and what his mother could spare, and who was about to hear whether he would have health insurance for the first time in his 60-year-old life.

This is how things are going in Kentucky: As conservatives argued that the new health-care law will wreck the economy, as liberals argued it will save billions, as many Americans raged at losing old health plans and some analysts warned that a disproportionate influx of the sick and the poor could wreck the new health-care model, Lively was telling Noble something he did not expect to hear.

“All right,” she said.“We’ve got you eligible for Medicaid.”
Kentucky is a state where Obamacare is working and so far the best Republicans like Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell can do is deride it as "free health care," which I guess means that the official Republican position is that health care coverage ought to be more expensive. With a message like that—and with newly insured Kentuckians in deep red areas talking about voting Democratic—it's clear that Obamacare could ultimately become the GOP's worst nightmare, despite the rocky rollout.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/25/1258...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1031314 Nov 27, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly Frank, you don't have a leg to stand on, given the fact that you're a republican, and most likly voted for Bush (the inompetent),and reagan (the actor)! He cleaned up Bush's mess, your LORD & SAVIOR. You can get as politically correct as you would like. The fact is, you racist fucks did'nt really care where his father was born. Does he talk like a Kenyan, live a Kenyan culture, or even identify himself as a Kenyan? Shit, your own kind does'nt even identify him as a Kenyan! He was born on American soil, with a cultural family background from Africa like most black folks. He endured the minority of white America's racist natures like evry other blackman in this country, yet you want to seperate him from his culture, to bolster your hidden racist agenda. CUT THE BULLSHIT OUT! You think the fact that half of the country( all white) hates the 1st black president is a coincidence? WHO DO YA'LL CRACKA'S THINK YOU'RE FOOLING? YOUR OWN CHILDREN DON'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU. THAT'S WHY THEY WERE THE DOMINATING FACTOR THAT GOT OBAMA ELECTED TWICE, AND WOULD FOR A 3RD TIME IF POSSIBLE!
Cleaned up the mess, Ha Ha Ho Ho Hee Hee. He only added $15 TRILLION to the debt, that "Whitey" has to pay off". "We gonna get ours, and we gonna get it now". Not earn it, steal it.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1031315 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Ys you did.
I said Obama's sanctions lead to bringing the Iranians to the table.
You had a GD tizzy fit saying how I was wrong & we had sanctions since the 80's.
You were too GD stupid to know those sanctions were mostly unilateral with little effect & that it was Obama who gathered international support & joined those sanctions that forced Iran to the table.
The muzzies in Iran said O'bama lied. LOL--last night he said he would continue to enrich. Another lying O'bama failure. Vrrrroooom.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031316 Nov 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well lQQkie here, Frank pops in from the birther thread with the same old gibberish. What's the matter scumbag are you and the other losers running out of ideas?
His grandchildren are black; so it makes him feel empowered to trash talk the President,. Fkn pathetic.
TSM

United States

#1031317 Nov 27, 2013
Iran President Rouhani “ America’s Biggest Turkey’ Obama!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 2 hr Rules for Rubes 2
Well, Well Whatdayaknow? 3 hr Negrah History 12
Sarah Sanders is a Hog 5 hr Burp-azz hole 2
Help me 5 hr Negrah rape 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Nannabella 11,534
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 3,738
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 3,214

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance