Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460334 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1030654 Nov 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so, how much should Sarah Palin receive from Martin Bashir and MSNBC???
lol! She should talk to fart news.

They fired her for not being sexy enough.

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1030655 Nov 25, 2013
Thanks G-d for Obamacare!

It will destroy the Democrat Party from inside!

Hey Conservatives: notice that the new brainless Democrats orders is not to call Obamacare but ACA. Democrats are embarrass of the incompetent fiasco of Obamacare and do not want to associate the empty suit with it!

So we Conservative will use Obamacare from now till forever!!!

Let's remind Democrats how incompetent they are!

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1030656 Nov 25, 2013
Hey Conservatives: notice that the new brainless Democrats orders is not to call Obamacare but ACA. Democrats are embarrass of the incompetent fiasco of Obamacare and do not want to associate the empty suit with it!

So we Conservative will use Obamacare from now till forever!!!

Let's remind Democrats how incompetent they are!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1030657 Nov 25, 2013
Section 1251 of the Affordable Care Act's "grandfather” provision allowing people to keep their existing plans if they liked them was subsequently interpreted by the Obama administration so narrowly to prevent most plans from gaining this protection.

"The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” wrote the administration on page 34,552 of the Register.

All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their “grandfather status” and get canceled. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013.

...The country is in brace mode. Will the website be running smoothly in four days...will the exchanges be unaffordable if it is...and how many millions will lose their employer-based insurance in one month and four days?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1030658 Nov 25, 2013
Said my two cents' worth for one evening. Night.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1030659 Nov 25, 2013
Wanna know why Oblamer and Co. hope you don't research the Iran "deal?"

Because the devil is in the details...

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2013/09...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1030660 Nov 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't have changed a bad deal into a good deal but an American citizen would be back home with his wife and children.
It was such a bad deal and only the Iranians benefit from it that releasing the American would have at least proven this administration doesn't abandon all Americans.
...only in Benghazi???

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1030661 Nov 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama apparently made a few attempts to negotiate the American's release.
But this was a golden opportunity. No release...no lifted sanctions...no deal.
The Iranians are dancing in the streets celebrating as though this was a victory.

That speaks volumes to the hollow bellowing of the same jerk who lied to us about Obamacare, Benghazi, Fast n Furious and a whole laundry list of his other contaminations of Truth. The same jerk who claims to learn of his failures by reading of them in the morning newspapers.

Some of us can see as far as we do because we've been allowed to stand on the shoulders of giants. The Magic Negro busies himself with seeing only as far as his self-portraits lining the halls of Narcissus Palace.

Lapeer, MI

#1030662 Nov 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuclear talks? This was nothing more than a distraction and a desperate attempt by this president to look diplomatic. Instead he just looks naive.
The Iranians are toying with Obama...just like North Korea toyed with Clinton and Hitler toyed with Chamberlain.
It's a grave mistake to trust evil and evil intent.
It is difficult to discern the lesser of the two evils; Iran or the Magic Negro...

Lapeer, MI

#1030663 Nov 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
release of this one individual would not have changed a dangerously bad deal into a good deal...
America should not make concessions to release hostages...didn't America learn that before with Iran???
Maybe Jimmy Earl Carter secretly accompanied Ketchup Kerry to those negotiations.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1030664 Nov 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion is regarding Coal-Fired Power Plants and you come along with a little bucket about coal miners suffering from Black Lung?
You should have a large C branded into your forehead - CLUELESS
The challenge made was to show that anyone has died from "emissions" according to their death certificate. My point was to show that even when someone dies of known Black Lung disease, the death certificate does not list that as the cause of death.

Point being, clueless one, the fact that "emissions" isn't listed as the cause of death on the death certificate, does not change the FACT that thousands have died as the result of coal plant emissions.
Only an idiot would try to claim that emissions from coal plants hasn't been linked to health issues and deaths.

"Coal-fired power plants are the single-largest source of U.S. electricity, providing 37% of the total last year. They also emit a disproportionately large share of greenhouse gases — far more that natural gas counterparts. While they provided 18% of all energy consumed nationwide in 2012, they accounted for 31% of energy-related carbon-dioxide emissions, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1030665 Nov 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so, how much should Sarah Palin receive from Martin Bashir and MSNBC???
What a stupid question. There is no comparison. Sarah Palin was not libeled.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1030666 Nov 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is difficult to discern the lesser of the two evils; Iran or the Magic Negro...
lol! I guess when you only have to compare to bushie boy's adventure into iraq, it makes your decision difficult.

Must be tough to find wiggle room when you put on a straight jacket!

Lapeer, MI

#1030667 Nov 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
On the Maryland Health Connection website, personal information is noted to be secure with one exception...
"The only exception to this policy is that we may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities."
http://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/inter...
The site does not specify if "appropriate authorities" refers only to state authorities or if it could include the federal government, as well. Neither is there any detail on what type of law enforcement and/or audit activities would justify the release of the personal information, or who exactly is authorized to make such a determination.
...We're entering very dangerous water.
The Hospital Gowns are off, folks. No trap-door undies, no booties...

You will stand naked before the IRS, Magic Negro, NSA and God - in that order.

Lapeer, MI

#1030668 Nov 25, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
That, and the fact to Iranians it's considered highly honorable to lie to Westerners. Muhammad, Allah and the mullahs love that sh*t.
Agreed. Lying to an Infidel is considered an honorable activity among Muslims.

Look at the proud cluck lying Muslim in the Oval Office.

350 million Infidels and they're all a captive audience to his treachery. Allah Akbar!

Lapeer, MI

#1030669 Nov 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't have changed a bad deal into a good deal but an American citizen would be back home with his wife and children.
It was such a bad deal and only the Iranians benefit from it that releasing the American would have at least proven this administration doesn't abandon all Americans.
It seems to me that being an American abroad once held a certain level of security knowing that Uncle Sam would come and get you if anybody messed with an American.

That is now gone and it started with Jimmy Earl Carter when the Iranians made a complete peanut farmer fool out of him. Since then, the situation seems to have deteriorated even further. In fact, kidnapping an American is a great form of insult to America used by terrorist groups around the world. They seem to clearly understand that Uncle Sam is wearing pink nowadays and has become an emasculated eunuch kowtowing to any town drunk that comes along.

Lapeer, MI

#1030670 Nov 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Section 1251 of the Affordable Care Act's "grandfather” provision allowing people to keep their existing plans if they liked them was subsequently interpreted by the Obama administration so narrowly to prevent most plans from gaining this protection.
"The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” wrote the administration on page 34,552 of the Register.
All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their “grandfather status” and get canceled. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013.
...The country is in brace mode. Will the website be running smoothly in four days...will the exchanges be unaffordable if it is...and how many millions will lose their employer-based insurance in one month and four days?
....waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Lapeer, MI

#1030671 Nov 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The challenge made was to show that anyone has died from "emissions" according to their death certificate. My point was to show that even when someone dies of known Black Lung disease, the death certificate does not list that as the cause of death.
Point being, clueless one, the fact that "emissions" isn't listed as the cause of death on the death certificate, does not change the FACT that thousands have died as the result of coal plant emissions.
Only an idiot would try to claim that emissions from coal plants hasn't been linked to health issues and deaths.
"Coal-fired power plants are the single-largest source of U.S. electricity, providing 37% of the total last year. They also emit a disproportionately large share of greenhouse gases — far more that natural gas counterparts. While they provided 18% of all energy consumed nationwide in 2012, they accounted for 31% of energy-related carbon-dioxide emissions, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
You are trying to cover your embarrassment by calling coal dust an 'emission'. Go for it but coal dust is...well,....dust.

You earlier complain about the devastation of Black Lung but you now write "...that even when someone dies of known Black Lung disease, the death certificate does not list that as the cause of death."

OK. If it's not listed on the Death Certificate then how did you get any useable statistics to complain about Black Lung in the first place?

Slow down. Going in circles at too high a rate of speed can do great damage. Calm down and enjoy your stupidity:)

Lapeer, MI

#1030672 Nov 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I guess when you only have to compare to bushie boy's adventure into iraq, it makes your decision difficult.
Must be tough to find wiggle room when you put on a straight jacket!
You are a contributing member of the Obscene Vaseline Latrine Choir.

It must feel good to belong, eh?

Being a crackpot allowed you to hone your skills enough to become a member of a crack choir.

Not my taste in music, though:)
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1030673 Nov 25, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
The birfoon's best friend
Hillary Clinton is, in fact, the original "birther".

Idiot retard Patrick start and are the "proud parents" of the Hillary birther movement, sellout, then blame someone else because they're the idiots..

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min clay 231,210
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 39 min Well Well 7,953
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr panties9688 62,354
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 71,241
Are democrats destroyed? 8 hr red dawn 13
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 8 hr red dawn 22
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Truth Be Told 104,554

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages