Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
946,241 - 946,260 of 1,101,070 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1029489 Nov 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hedly Lamar in the Mel Brooks spectacular known as "Blazing Saddles."
Now, pardon me while I whip this out!
One of my husband's favorite movie lines.

(Oops...too much personal information?)
Olivia Obamawitz

Palm Coast, FL

#1029490 Nov 23, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on this; I asked you if you thought he was guilty. A personal opinion. Everyone has a right to his/her personal opinion.
The poster is correct; you sound dumber than dirt.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1029491 Nov 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how the white dude in Toronto gets crucified for doing the same things as Marion Barry did in D.C. yet the hypocritical trash in D.C. voted for him to be their mayor a second time. Barry having the nerve to even run for that same office again tells us the confidence he had in his fellow D.C. felons voting for him again. He knew exactly what kind of community backing he had there.
Birds of feather, and all THAT entails!
It's always easy to find diamonds in the dirt but finding dirt inside of dirt? That's a tough one.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1029492 Nov 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman was never important in himself, but just as a symbol of racially motivated malicious prosecution. Nothing that happens to him subsequently matters.
It was laughable the lengths some media sources went to paint Zimmerman as a racist. NBC, guilty of several politically motivated, selective editing violations, again took the cake.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...

Orlando, FL

#1029493 Nov 23, 2013
Okay, people...seriously?

https://my.barackobama.com/page/s/healthcare-...

"It's time to have the talk"...seriously?

Watch the video - and be prepared to cringe at least a half dozen times.
PAY BACKS ARE HELL

Lillington, NC

#1029494 Nov 23, 2013
Under Obamacare the CHEAPEST health insurance policies available to the typical American working family will cost $20,000 per year.

Other effects of the 2,572 page law include:

Premium increases up to 413% for some individuals.
An average $4,100 premium increase for families.
The penalty for taking money out of a Healthcare Savings Account for a non-medical reason doubles from 10% to 20%.
Using an HSA, flexible savings or health reimbursement account to pay for over-the-counter medication is no longer allowed.
FSA's will now be capped at $2,500.
1/3 of employers could stop offering healthcare.
Obamacare will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion.
The itemized deduction limit for medical expenses will rise from 7.5% to 10% of adjusted gross income.
30 million Americans will still be uninsured eight years after Obamacare is fully implemented.
The average family can expect at least $5,875 in new taxes, fees and higher premiums once Obamacare is fully implemented.

Obamacare is the biggest overhaul to our healthcare system and the biggest tax increase in history. It will bring massive changes to our daily lives, most of them negative. Do you think Obamacare should be defunded before it cripples our healthcare system?

http://liveliketherestofus.com/obamacare/...
Blah

Buffalo, NY

#1029495 Nov 23, 2013
Blah.

Lapeer, MI

#1029496 Nov 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
please explain...
A unionized family member of mine retired with pension at 55. Upon reaching the age of 62, she was sent a letter from the pension board informing her that her monthly pension amount would soon be cut in half because she could then begin collecting SS at her age of 62.

It went on to tell her that she could get more information regarding this issue by visiting the SS government website or call 1-800-xxx-xxxx.

Orlando, FL

#1029497 Nov 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no, because your constant need to discuss your personal life destroys your arguments on political issues....
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Are you going to refuse the government giving back the money they took from you at whatever age you retire? Because discussions about Social Security is the only thing I can think of.

But it's okay to talk about other things besides politics once in a while. Doesn't happen that often.
Blah

Montréal, Canada

#1029498 Nov 23, 2013
Blah blah.

Orlando, FL

#1029499 Nov 23, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
It was laughable the lengths some media sources went to paint Zimmerman as a racist. NBC, guilty of several politically motivated, selective editing violations, again took the cake.
Yes, NBC started the ball rolling.
What

Montréal, Canada

#1029500 Nov 23, 2013
What

Orlando, FL

#1029501 Nov 23, 2013
PAY BACKS ARE HELL wrote:
Under Obamacare the CHEAPEST health insurance policies available to the typical American working family will cost $20,000 per year.
Other effects of the 2,572 page law include:
Premium increases up to 413% for some individuals.
An average $4,100 premium increase for families.
The penalty for taking money out of a Healthcare Savings Account for a non-medical reason doubles from 10% to 20%.
Using an HSA, flexible savings or health reimbursement account to pay for over-the-counter medication is no longer allowed.
FSA's will now be capped at $2,500.
1/3 of employers could stop offering healthcare.
Obamacare will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion.
The itemized deduction limit for medical expenses will rise from 7.5% to 10% of adjusted gross income.
30 million Americans will still be uninsured eight years after Obamacare is fully implemented.
The average family can expect at least $5,875 in new taxes, fees and higher premiums once Obamacare is fully implemented.
Obamacare is the biggest overhaul to our healthcare system and the biggest tax increase in history. It will bring massive changes to our daily lives, most of them negative. Do you think Obamacare should be defunded before it cripples our healthcare system?
http://liveliketherestofus.com/obamacare/...
Obamacare should be defunded before it cripples our healthcare system - and destroys our economy.

I vote yes.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029502 Nov 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Peterson was convicted of murder and sentenced to death with less physical evidence than was present in the Skakel trial.
John, I give you this headlines about someone who was convicted and spent 10 years in jail

Timothy Masters Case: Wrongly Jailed for Murder, Man Gets $4.1 Million for 10 Lost Years
http://www.denverlegalview.com/2010/06/post-3...

Don't know if you know about this case, but it was very despicable what happened. More upsetting is that none of the then prosecutors now Judges and the then detective and now sheriff were charged with misconduct.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1029503 Nov 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Ah! So they simply printed money like they do today?
Nope, read the US Constitution and the link I posted which is how the Federal Government was to raise its money.

Lapeer, MI

#1029504 Nov 23, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
These sorts of tricks are extremely common inside of Liberal Media. They are 'plants' into the psyche of the readers.

Lying and obfuscation through editing, omission, association, connotation or any of a hundred or so tools they use are a dime-a-dozen. Rules For Radicals is required reading for any American journalism student today.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029505 Nov 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A unionized family member of mine retired with pension at 55. Upon reaching the age of 62, she was sent a letter from the pension board informing her that her monthly pension amount would soon be cut in half because she could then begin collecting SS at her age of 62.
It went on to tell her that she could get more information regarding this issue by visiting the SS government website or call 1-800-xxx-xxxx.
I have a family member whose company KC also retires management at 55. However, his insurance and pension will continue until 65.
Olivia Obamawitz

Palm Coast, FL

#1029506 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree with you on this; I asked you if you thought he was guilty. A personal opinion. Everyone has a right to his/her personal opinion.
You are still dumber than dirt.

Orlando, FL

#1029507 Nov 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no, because your constant need to discuss your personal life destroys your arguments on political issues....
Maybe we haven't met. Hi. I'm LoisLane, formerly known as carol, one of the most outspoken critics of Obama and his policies on this forum for four years.

Are you new here?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029508 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks lily.

I did not realize that some here would have such a visceral reaction to me stating my opinion.

People give their opinions on other trials-I didn't know this was a sacred cow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 69,051
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 23 min _Zoey_ 301
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 46,361
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,393
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 177,493
12 wounded in city shootings 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 3 hr boo ya 53
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••