Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1231824 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029720 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that it is up to the local and the state government to evacuate their towns and protect their citizens?
The FEDs cannot assist until the governor gives consent. The dumb ass governor-who was voted out of office for her total failure to act timely and responsibility during Katrina -was asked two days prior to Katrina to give consent BUT the moron waited three days after it hit to do so.
Once the FEDs were allowed to enter the state and render help the horrific scenes from New Orleans stopped. In less than 24 hours everyone was evacuated.
and yet every other president had the foresight to PRE-POSITION SUPPLIES AND RESPONDERS

BTW, check your facts
Governor Blanco sends a letter to President George W. Bush asking him to declare a major disaster for the State of Louisiana, in order to release federal financial assistance on SATURDAY, AUGUST 25

Mayor Nagin ordered mandatory evacuation Sunday morning at 10AM

The Hurricane didn't make landfall until Sunday night August 28 Monday morning August 31.

Wednesday August 31 Homeland security director Michael Chertoff released a memo to other cabinet members and the Environmental Protection Agency stating that, "the President has established the 'White House Task Force on Hurricane Katrina Response.' He will meet with us tomorrow to launch this effort." The memo also declared Hurricane Katrina to be an Incident of National Significance and designated Michael Brown, Under-Secretary for Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R), as the Principal Federal Official (PFO) for incident management purposes."

3 DAYS AFTER KATRINA HITS BUSH DECIDES TO ESTABLISH A TASK FORCE....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1029721 Nov 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Newsweek: Was Lara Logan's Husband Involved In 60 Minutes' Botched Benghazi Story?
Citing the fact that "nobody at 60 Minutes has been fired or even publicly disciplined for its odd, inflammatory and dead-wrong" Benghazi report, Newsweek's Jeff Stein points to Logan's husband, Joseph Burkett, as "the most interesting figure in this mystery."
Stein explains that Burkett is "a former Army sergeant and onetime employee of a private intelligence outfit hired by the Pentagon to plant pro-U.S. stories in the Iraqi media in 2005." The Lincoln Group, Burkett's former employer, apparently specialized in producing videos and phony news clips that they would then feed to media outlets, "making them appear as originating from legitimate news organizations." From Newsweek:
According to an internal company document obtained by Newsweek, the Lincoln Group specialized in producing films, news clips, and print stories in Baghdad that would be fed to the media through cutouts on an unattributed basis, making them appear as originating from legitimate news organizations.
During the 2006 battle for Fallujah, "Our development of documentaries of the Fallujah campaign and our ability to develop non-Coalition attributable messages enabled us to reach out to the Iraqi audience," the document says. "This multifaceted project produced content for Western, Arab, and Iraqi audiences and is still ongoing. For each audience we have identified content and formatting that is appropriate and non-attributable to the actual source." (Italics added.)
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/23/newsw...
Unbelievable yet believable.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029722 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Libtards don't believe in state sovereign rights. They think the feds should be able to tell the people what to do and when to do it and the hell with state rights.
and some conservative states don't believe in individual sovereign rights.
they believe that states can tell its citizens what medical procedures they can or cannot have rather than their doctor

they believe the state can dictate medical decisions for a spouse rather than the family doctor and the spouse

they believe the state can dictate personal religious decisions concerning religious rites rather than the people involved.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029723 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> To decide for myself if it was her. To make an informed decision about the topic at hand.
Okay maybe we all here should look at the pictures of Obama's momma, but I don't have the link.
OBAMANATION

Latrobe, PA

#1029724 Nov 24, 2013
Barack Hussein Osama Obama reminds me of Neville Chamberlain now...I'm sure his kkk hunt adviser, Valerie Jarret was in on this "deal"...
Carlos Danger

Murrieta, CA

#1029726 Nov 24, 2013
I see the hateful Tide Pool Lily is up and at em early this morning..... And on her 4th vodker n tonic, sober up skank bag

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029727 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Deal-Iran got everything they want and we get another debt-a very BIG debt!
Dude, not sure where you get your information, but its dead wrong. We are not paying Iran a dime,

We are freeing up their FROZEN ASSETS. Its their money bozo breath.

he concessions not only halt Iranís nuclear advances but also make it virtually impossible for Tehran to build a nuclear weapon without being detected, the officials said. In return, Iran will receive modest relief of trade sanctions and access to some of its frozen currency accounts overseas, concessions said to be valued at less than $7 billion over the six-month term of the deal. The sanctions would be reinstated if Iran violates the agreementís terms.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
LCNLin

United States

#1029728 Nov 24, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Just started reading "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk" by Ben Fountain.
It's going to be a good read.
thanks will give it a look.
You might provide a few "Nudie" sites for Carol?
LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1029729 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay maybe we all here should look at the pictures of Obama's momma, but I don't have the link.
Just type in Obama's mother's nude photos.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029730 Nov 24, 2013
Let's look at Obama's agenda for today according to Mark Knoller-

Obama back at WH after ~90 mins of basketball. Heads west this afternoon for Dem fund raiser.

But, was too busy with Obamacare to take 15 min ride to a Gettysburg event.
Vodka

Palm Coast, FL

#1029731 Nov 24, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Liquor will do this to you.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029732 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, not sure where you get your information, but its dead wrong. We are not paying Iran a dime,
We are freeing up their FROZEN ASSETS. Its their money bozo breath.
he concessions not only halt Iranís nuclear advances but also make it virtually impossible for Tehran to build a nuclear weapon without being detected, the officials said. In return, Iran will receive modest relief of trade sanctions and access to some of its frozen currency accounts overseas, concessions said to be valued at less than $7 billion over the six-month term of the deal. The sanctions would be reinstated if Iran violates the agreementís terms.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
Yeah, like a peace deal with a madman hell bent on destruction have always been worked.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1029733 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and some conservative states don't believe in individual sovereign rights.
they believe that states can tell its citizens what medical procedures they can or cannot have rather than their doctor
they believe the state can dictate medical decisions for a spouse rather than the family doctor and the spouse
they believe the state can dictate personal religious decisions concerning religious rites rather than the people involved.
What is it with you libtards? Everything has to lead back to abortion. As I've said a million times abortion is murder but if you libtards want to kill your future go right ahead. Doesn't bother me a bit. One more slacker I won't have to provide for.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1029735 Nov 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of course, Obama is responsible for the earthquake in Haiti, rain in California, the Bush stock Market crash of 2008, the invasion of Iraq, and __________ lois will fill in the blank.
LOL
Obama is definitely responsible for ObamaKare and for his anti - America policies. Remember Obama,with help form Peolsi,Reid and others forced ObamaKare on our country. ObamaKare never should have been passed,especially illegally on the eve of Christmas recess through reconciliation. Tax and spend bills have to originate in the House,and can't be passed by reconciliation. Not a single Republican voted for ObamaKare. Thant you Democrat congress for the infamous 2009 Christmas present,that we will be paying for for the rest of our lives.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1029736 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
As I said it before nothing is amusing as seeing the Progressives trying to figure out a disaster to compare Obamacare too.
Let's just say nothing will do so long term damage to our economy or degrade health care as this bill.
No war, no hurricane, nothing can be compared to this sort of self-inflicted damage.
Storms and hurricanes are an act of nature, ObamaKare is a man made disaster.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1029737 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> What is it with you libtards? Everything has to lead back to abortion. As I've said a million times abortion is murder but if you libtards want to kill your future go right ahead. Doesn't bother me a bit. One more slacker I won't have to provide for.
Did you ever notice that abortion is the only thing that libs are pro"choice" about? Every other part of our lives they want to control.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1029738 Nov 24, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever notice that abortion is the only thing that libs are pro"choice" about? Every other part of our lives they want to control.
Yep! But I can't have salt or to much soda or have a gun or eat trans fat etc...
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#1029739 Nov 24, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What the husband says as you slurp lard.
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#1029740 Nov 24, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. That and we can make the choice to sever the spinal cords and suck out the brains of 50 million babies in utero, but it is inhumane to economically deport 20 million illegal alien entitlement suckers.

That is perfect logic in Lib Land.
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#1029741 Nov 24, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Storms and hurricanes are an act of nature, ObamaKare is a man made disaster.
I think in Obama New Speak, it is actually a man CAUSED DISASTER. Like a terrorist attack.

And an outright Obama lie is now, he "misspoke," according to the New York Times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Jacques from Orleans 189,582
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min Earthling-1 53,451
ďIíll have those negras voting Democratic for t... 1 hr WillNAZIsDelete 1
Amy 5-22-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr not a ghost 5,986
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 3 hr not a ghost 1,178
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr not a ghost 893
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr editor 99,531
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]