Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417944 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029933 Nov 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>how did all those people live so long? practically everything was lead paint--maybe because they had parents who watched them instead of a TV that watched them.
because not everyone was affected, DUH. Why don't you research the child rate of lead poisoning. at one point it was a problem we didn't even know about. It wasn't until we knew about the effects lead has on the nervous system, that we began to understand the problem. and it wasn't just with children. Workers, like those who made car batteries suffered the effects of lead poisoning.

besides, lead poisoning from lead based paint wasn't a problem for the rich. Their houses were pretty well maintained. It was an issue for the poor and lower middle class. Whose houses weren't as well maintained and paint chips were present. Lead based paints were banned long before the dominance of TV

like asbestos, lead based paints, second hand smoke, DDT, ALAR, we don't always recognize the dangers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdraw...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029934 Nov 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>your president is a retard. Inept and scared.
Yeah, you're more a putin person!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029935 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Karma argue with the American people on how great he is at a foreign policy...
37% approve and 53% disapprove of Obama's foreign policy.
So what does the self-proclaimed "well educate and Elite" Progressive have to say about that.
lol! I'm still waiting for you to provide those naked pictures of Obama's mother son.
LCNLin

United States

#1029936 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
no one opinion is should never be used to make foreign policy decisions. I never said that, but all aspects should be considered. Did you even read the article and understand his case. as with most educated papers, the author makes his case and provides historical facts/context to support his thesis.
It is actually a good read, and the author makes valid points.
unfortunately too many people make knee jerk decisions without considering any alternative view points.
Rather complex topic for the nudie photo crowd.

Would they rather the United States attack Iran and have Israel suffer the consequeses? Israel is a very small target. Peace serves the interest of Israel.

Six nations reached the decision with Iran and the trolls choose to misrepresent this as only a US decision?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029937 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a few people read Ghost/Yeah's post.
Occasionally when extremely bored someone looks at them but he is on breeze pass for most posters here.
poor baby. i suspect you finally realized how outclassed you are!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029938 Nov 24, 2013
Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) panned the new nuclear agreement with Iran on Sunday, insisting it “does not seem proportional.”

Schumer, the No. 3 Democrat in the Senate and a strong supporter of Israel, said that Iran got much more than it gave up in the deal.

Some Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill have said that Congress could move forward with further sanctions legislation against Iran, but to delay its implementation for six months to allow time to gauge the deal.

But Schumer would only say Sunday that the agreement makes sanctions more likely, even as he said that he hoped the Obama administration met its goal of hoping to eliminate Iran’s ability to create a nuclear weapon.

“This disproportionality of this agreement makes it more likely that Democrats and Republicans will join together and pass additional sanctions when we return in December,” Schumer said in a statement.“I intend to discuss that possibility with my colleagues.”

Under the deal finalized this weekend, Iran faces relaxed sanctions, at least temporarily. In exchange, Iran agreed to tougher outside inspections and to cap its nuclear stockpile.

“It was strong sanctions, not the goodness of the hearts of the Iranian leaders, that brought Iran to the table, and any reduction relieves the psychological pressure of future sanctions and gives them hope that they will be able to gain nuclear weapon capability while further sanctions are reduced,” Schumer said.

“A fairer agreement would have coupled a reduction in sanctions with a proportionate reduction in Iranian nuclear capability.”
SunDAY Services

Meridian, MS

#1029939 Nov 24, 2013
Debt bondage

Quote:
Debt bondage (or bonded labor) is a person's pledge of their labor or services as repayment for a loan or other debt. The services required to repay the debt may be undefined, and the services' duration may be undefined. Debt bondage can be passed on from generation to generation.

Read more: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt_bondage

Wage slavery

Quote:
Wage slavery refers to a situation perceived as quasi-voluntary slavery,[1] where a person's livelihood depends on wages, especially when the dependence is total and immediate.[2][3] It is a negatively connoted term used to draw an analogy between slavery and wage labor by focusing on similarities between owning and renting a person. The term wage slavery has been used to criticize economic exploitation and social stratification, with the former seen primarily as unequal bargaining power between labor and capital (particularly when workers are paid comparatively low wages, e.g. in sweatshops),[4] and the latter as a lack of workers' self-management, fulfilling job choices and leisure in an economy.[5][6][7] The criticism of social stratification covers a wider range of employment choices bound by the pressures of a hierarchical society to perform otherwise unfulfilling work that deprives humans of their "species character"[8] not only under threat of starvation or poverty, but also of social stigma and status diminution.

Read more: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_slavery
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029940 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
because not everyone was affected, DUH. Why don't you research the child rate of lead poisoning. at one point it was a problem we didn't even know about. It wasn't until we knew about the effects lead has on the nervous system, that we began to understand the problem. and it wasn't just with children. Workers, like those who made car batteries suffered the effects of lead poisoning.
besides, lead poisoning from lead based paint wasn't a problem for the rich. Their houses were pretty well maintained. It was an issue for the poor and lower middle class. Whose houses weren't as well maintained and paint chips were present. Lead based paints were banned long before the dominance of TV
like asbestos, lead based paints, second hand smoke, DDT, ALAR, we don't always recognize the dangers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdraw...
poor people can't sweep up paint chips???
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029941 Nov 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and usm1680 post from the same location. Yeah has a blocker to appear that he is in Hawai'i. Funny thing is, yeah has known nothing about Hawai'i as long as he has faked living there. LOL.
Great analysis son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029942 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure I said Iran but go check; either way IRAN does not need to enrich uranium.
Still not following your logic on why they need to continue to enrich uranium given it is not currently necessary. This leaves the international community wondering what is going on-for good reason.
One professor's opinion is not what international policies should be based on- even the UN agrees that nuclear proliferation needs curtailed.
lol! Psst! You're not as smart as you claim to be son.

Especially since you're countering a source with your opinion!

Trust me.... it doesn't make you look smart! No, not smart at all!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029943 Nov 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what an O'bama supporter looks like? check their pocket.
lol! Sorry. I don't do what you do son!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1029944 Nov 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Frank Marshall took the pictures, they came from his private collection. Surprisingly some were found in a museum in the middle of Illinois. O'bama's mom posed nude like the ho she was-get over it. Hillary may have posed nude too...so I have heard 'on the streets'in Park Ridge, as liberals like realtime say.
I have seen pictures of both of them with cloths on,that is bad enough. I recently had food poisoning,can image that it would be worse if I had to see a picture of either one of them without clothing.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029945 Nov 24, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
55% Favor Repeal of Obamacare Most voters view the new national health care law as bad for the country and want to repeal it.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 35% of Likely U.S. Voters now believe the trouble-plagued health care law is good for America.
Fifty-five percent (55%) consider it bad for the country. Only two percent (2%) think it will have no impact.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Wow...that 2%? They're the ones who have me worried.
Hmmm, I would say they were people who were already on Medicaid or Medicare but it is apparent that most of these individuals are very much aware that law has caused changes in all health care services.

My guess is this 2% have no clue what Obamacare is.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029946 Nov 24, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice description of yourself.
lol! I'm sure you were looking in the mirror son.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029947 Nov 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran is dedicated to developing nuclear weapons and cannot be trusted to abide by any agreement....period...
the next President will have a serious problem to deal with...
and like Israel can?? they won't even admit to owning them, and have never signed the NPT
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029948 Nov 24, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly feel sorry for you if you believe that, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you don't appear to be stupid.
lol! You should talk to Bachmann about those 'benefits' to slaves son!
Naah

Satellite Beach, FL

#1029949 Nov 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why should I attack you son?
I'm defending against you!
lol! Why should I attack you daughter? I'm defending against your Obamabotic religion, as well as the fact that Red Lobster still won't let you in the doors, daughter. lol!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029950 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You read Yeah's posts?
Okay, I admit I am guilty at reading one every so often- usually due to failure to check out the poster.
lol! I read yours son.

And I enjoy the comedy you provide.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029951 Nov 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
poor people can't sweep up paint chips???
too funny.....your mom didn't know how to operate a broom, or she did and fed you the chips
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029952 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It really has become a two tier system.
lol! Always has been son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Go Blue Forever 103,451
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Guess My Size 61,021
amy8-25-16 II 27 min RACE 1
amy8-25-16 28 min RACE 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 37 min SweLL GirL 9,378
Word (Dec '08) 44 min RACE 6,692
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,416
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 222,373

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages