Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
944,801 - 944,820 of 1,079,012 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Policies are changed every single year....deductibles change, formularies change, drug payment stages change. In essence, a person's previous policy no longer exists. You can't exactly keep something that doesn't exist.
My insurance policy is grandfathered. Every year I get a new policy declaration with changes from the previous year. That's the way insurance works.
This year, my insurance company increased my premium by $18 to avoid increasing my deductibles which would have caused cancellation of my policy.(Wouldn't really matter though since my insurance covers all the basics required under the ACA).
If you want to blame someone for the cancellation of grandfathered policies, blame the insurance companies. There was no reason for them to make changes that affected the Grandfathered status of those policies. NONE! Other cancellations are warranted because those policies were sub-standard in the first place.
Hey, check out the polls no one is buying this!
Binger

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

It's a healthcare tax. T A X
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Would you be happier if he purchased it from a 'legitimate' source? Would he be more/less guilty? Rightwingers amaze Homer with their double standards.
Homer apparently fails to understand the meaning of the word "entice"...

cops should not be selling drugs, period, end of story...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
fuel cells have been around for decades and the federal government has spent billions trying to develop this technology on a large-scale basis, without success....
still basically a laboratory experiment...
Great advances have been made of late but you are right it will be ten years before your house is completely off the grid. In fact there won't be a grid.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The War On Drugs is simply a ruse to set up a police state. I believe that with all my heart even though I smoked in a long time. The future of this country is in deep peril and it has nothing to do with left or right which is a game set up to hypnotize the masses.
It's sickening to me to see unmarked cars lurking around stalking people. Why is it anyones business if a person wants to get high?
If people want to get high, they're going to do it, they have done.
The whole thing is absurd. They can't touch the big dealers; can't touch the big pharma companies but they'll round up every little guy who just wants to get high. To the cost of billions to the taxpayer, for the police, the jails, the prisons and on and on forever.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You, lily and homer can attempt all the diversions you want to but we all still have our eyes on the elephant in the room.
Look! Bush dropped his pencil!
Look! Ronald Reagan misspoke!'
Look! There's a thinkprogress.com story about a Republican Conspiracy!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... ..
Look! Your pants fell down!
LOL, the truth in a nut-shell.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being a fool.
Condemn the president and 27 Senators for KNOWINGLY lying to Americans.
This was a Major breech in public trust of the government.
Thanks to Obama and the other Dems for the first time in history of the US more people distrust the government than do.
Given this you are clucking about something insignificant in comparison.
There was no lie. "If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance". That is what the ACA says. Read it and weep.

Unfortunately, the ACA cannot force insurance companies to offer these plans forever. Republicans would be in an uproar!

It isn't like eliminating lifetime benefit caps, offering coverage to dependent children over age 26 and eliminating pre-existing condition exclusions is going to lose them money. The ACA permits insurance companies to increase out-of-pocket costs as long as they don't increase above the rate of medical inflation plus 15 percent.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the greedy insurance companies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ridiculous. We're becoming a police state. However, it has much to do with the private prison industry who need a steady stream of customers that the taxpayers pay for. Why is it okay for a cop to pretend he is a drug dealer and then seize the customers cash and car? Doesn't that make them just as bad as a thief doing a car jacking?
Galt believes that cops care only about their own overtime and pensions and not at all about the prison system...

cops who conduct drug stings are criminals with badges...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That is just wrong, I think most of us are on the same side of the fence on this one.
I said most not all before any of you rightwingers puke up another hairball
It's awful. After that reporter did that story they said that they have stopped the operation. I don't believe it. That reporter should go into hiding now, all the cops hate him.

It's like if firemen go start fires to put out. It's all make believe.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Haavuud...

Now we can see how Obammie got in....

"The reasons that I have for wishing to go to Harvard are several. I feel that Harvard can give me a better background and a better liberal education than any other university. I have always wanted to go there, as I have felt that it is not just another college, but is a university with something definite to offer. Then too, I would like to go to the same college as my father. To be a “Harvard man” is an enviable distinction, and one that I sincerely hope I shall attain."

April 23, 1935
John F. Kennedy

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/20/the-horribl...

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

A Communist Marxist Liberal Democrat killed JFK.

They kill themselves, like Muslims killed Malcolm X.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
In the aftermath of the Radel incident rightwingers have taken up a new cause:
Republicans for the legalization of Cocaine.
"Leftwingers you can keep the pot, rightwingers enjoy snorting cocaine" - Homer (R) 2016
Homer likes a police state...

call back when cops conducting a DUI checkpoint "find drugs" in Homeboy's car....

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Hey hypocrite

Where is your condemnation of a POTUS who knowingly LIED to Americans -"You can keep your insurance"

Where is your demand that Rangel resign

How about demanding the resignation of Hastings
He will be not answer you because he is a typical Hypocrite Democrat, as all Democrats are.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They are selling cocaine with the new healthcare law? Hmmm...that might boost sales.
NO but the Dems sold LIES about Obamacare for votes

SEN. BOB MENENDEZ (D-N.J.):“If you like what you have, you get to keep it”“Menendez is a member of the Senate Finance Committee, which is expected to release a bill later this week. He stressed that consumers who are satisfied with their plans won't have to change.‘If you like what you have, you get to keep it,’ he said.”(“Health Care Plan Would Help N.J., Menendez Says,” The Record, 6/19/09)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No I was uninformed. A big difference.
not completely, under the terms of the plea...there will be no conviction...

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Still doing clean-up of an affirm action program going so wrong.
Obama-The result of Affirmative Action gone wrong!

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"A D.C. judge sentenced Radel to one year of supervised probation, after which the court could dismiss the case without a conviction. D.C. defense attorney Bruce M. Cooper said all first-time drug offenders have that option."
no conviction...
You, just like Flack, have a reading comprehension problem. AFTER serving one year of supervised probation on his CONVICTION, Radel will have the "option" of requesting that the court expunge his record.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, in 2005 Harry "The Racist" Reid was on the other side of the argument, whining and crying about protecting the minority.
Now we know the left is all about an authoritarian government, not democracy.
another sad day for America. We are a country of criminals because of the liberals aka democrats. Do they think this will only apply to them. Why yes they do--they are saying it is only temporary...as long as they are in office.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush flew a F-102 trainer (not an actual "fighter jet") fitted with a side-by-side cockpit to facilitate ease of pilot training. Bush never got in the necessary flight hours to qualify for combat. Merely past time to avoid Viet Nam.
Again you showcase your ignorance.

Bush fulfilled two years of active duty and completed pilot training in June 1970. During that time and in the two years that followed, Bush flew the Convair F-102, an interceptor jet equipped with heat-seeking missiles that could shoot down enemy planes.

Reportedly the F-102 was a difficult bird to fly because it was under powered.

His commanding officers and peers regarded Bush as a competent pilot and enthusiastic Guard member. In March 1970, the Texas Air National Guard issued a press release trumpeting his performance: "Lt. Bush recently became the first Houston pilot to be trained by the 147th [Fighter Group] and to solo in the F-102.

In Bush's evaluation for the period May 1, 1971 through April 30, 1972, then-Colonel Bobby Hodges, his commanding officer, stated, "I have personally observed his participation, and without exception, his performance has been noteworthy."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>By 'strict conservative' do you mean a cocaine snorting, repressed homosexual, bible toting evangelical, with a Stepford wife and a penchant for lying?
I do like that word penchant, please do let me know if I overuse it.
President Ted Cruz? LOL President of what country?
when DemoKKKrats lose the Senate in 2014, Republicans will change the rules to eliminate ALL filibusters....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min ritedownthemiddle 45,769
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min voice of peace 67,895
Keep a word drop 6 words! 55 min Anonymous42 6
Detroit man shoots black women in his front yar... 58 min Skyler 1
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr NITiN 7
Saving Catholic Schools 1 hr larry 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,366
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guy 174,508
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 9:06PM CDT

•••
•••
•••