Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521951 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1028978 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My hatred is towards his crippling ideology of dependence and big government having control over our lives.
And his narcissistic attitude.
I would be no more unrelenting about this president than George Washington or Thomas Jefferson about King George and loyalists such as yourself.
Just call me Yankee Doodle Dandy.
So explain how you're collecting US Government Social Security at 62, then getting a part time job to supplement it isn't part of 'crippling ideology of dependence' that you whine about??

I mean, you're such a hypocrite, it's not even funny!!

In case you hadn't noticed, you're one of the 'takers'.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028979 Nov 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, back when Nobraina, who now goes by John Galt, stole both Tenzing's old Demos and my former Ayn Rand identity and disgraced them, none of you nitwits seemed to mind.
Then when someone stole yours, the whole nitwit wing made it a huge deal. You can pitch, but you can't catch. Not a good thing.
As with everything, you're all nothing but crybabies.
Another magazine harpoons Obama on the cover

Asks is the Magic Gone?

https://twitter.com/rkylesmith/status/4039887...

The myth as died about Obama having special powers!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028980 Nov 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, so far you and yours have been batting ZERO in proving that Obama "has purged many senior military officers". The conspiracy theories you people think up are absolutely laughable in their lunacy.
Oh, I thought it was funny when they tried to show a general making phoney gambling coins as being 'honorable.'

It pretty much eliminated their position at that point!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028981 Nov 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Get it together, it is the bass-ass way you go about trying to prove things that is so funny.
lol! poor baby. you're falling apart aren't you?

Location hidden

#1028982 Nov 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
The text box Topix uses does not accept special fonts -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politburo
Communist translation here for you, Democrats
Nice of you to admit to your communist beliefs. Did you learn Russian from Putin, comrade??

Or was it your Ivy League children??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028983 Nov 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice the ONE got a promotion and will remove from the list.
You didn't debunk squat with the rest, I already included that info in my post!
Focus- the issue is the large number of high commanders that has been targeted for removal in the last year.
Too bad NOW you're trying to find out what's legitimate.

poor baby.

makes you look rather foolish!
LCNLin

United States

#1028984 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My hatred is towards his crippling ideology of dependence and big government having control over our lives.
And his narcissistic attitude.
I would be no more unrelenting about this president than George Washington or Thomas Jefferson about King George and loyalists such as yourself.
Just call me Yankee Doodle Dandy.
Straw-man fallacy = "My hatred is towards his crippling ideology of dependence and big government having control over our lives."

Glittering generality fallacy = "his crippling ideology of dependence"

Nonsense wrapped in ego centrism = "I would be no more unrelenting about this president than George Washington or Thomas Jefferson about King George and loyalists"

LOL
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028985 Nov 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
He just threw out the constitution.
lol! poor baby...
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1028986 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, got the incompetent part right.
But you still think he is, right? Even after not knowing anything about the IRS targeting conservative groups or anything about the website not being ready for primetime or anything else that's going on right under his nose.
What has he done to exhibit competence in your eyes? I mean as far as his promise to get to the bottom of things and hold those responsible accountable? We can start there.
And what will poor Carol do when the website is up and running?
Idiot Boehner got through and registered today while tweeting how the website was still broken. OOPS!

http://www.businessinsider.com/john-boehner-s...

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/191135-boeh...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028987 Nov 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So punish the ones responsible, the bad appples as it were. Clearly the agenda was to take down the entire organization. Rightwingers were successful in doing so for the most part with a fraudulent video played ad nauseam on Fox News and rightwings websites until the entire organization just HAD to be guilty.
It sets a bad precedent.
I don't like it, doesn't seem like justice to me.
"Homer fair and balanced, unlike Fox News" - Homer(R) 2016
lol! It's that reich wing double standard.

This is why they can throw people like Boehner, McConnell and McCain under the bus while embracing the likes of Cruz!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028988 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do recall that actually.
So guess he's out...not that I'm all that happy about it. Cruz stands by his convictions without wavering.
I respect that a lot.
lol! Only if the convictions dovetail son.

If they don't, reality goes out the window with that respect!
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1028989 Nov 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So explain how you're collecting US Government Social Security at 62, then getting a part time job to supplement it isn't part of 'crippling ideology of dependence' that you whine about??
I mean, you're such a hypocrite, it's not even funny!!
In case you hadn't noticed, you're one of the 'takers'.
Carol was petrified that she might miss a month of Social Security payments because she was too stupid to enroll!
Of course she's taking SS benefits at the earliest age possible!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028990 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruz and Paul remind of Reagan's direct style of communicating. Something very refreshing these days.
I like Rubio too. His immigration solutions are actually fair and do-able in my opinion.
But Paul is the hopeful for me right now.
President Paul. Has a nice, no-nonsense ring to it.
lol! We're not quite sure how or when he immigrated are we?

Or is it HE'S not sure?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028991 Nov 22, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems have done nothing but bad mouth and blame Bush and the repubs for the last 5 years. When is that going to stop? You people are the pot calling the kettle black.
lol! You just hate history don't you son?

I can tell!

Location hidden

#1028992 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, got the incompetent part right.
But you still think he is, right? Even after not knowing anything about the IRS targeting conservative groups or anything about the website not being ready for primetime or anything else that's going on right under his nose.
What has he done to exhibit competence in your eyes? I mean as far as his promise to get to the bottom of things and hold those responsible accountable? We can start there.
You have no idea how vast or complicated Government is from your little thrift shoping living on a thin line and spending your life on this thread. Like Obama is privy to every decision made in a huge machine that is our Federal Government. Like George Bush knew every dumb decision made by Brownie after Katrina??

So you whine like a fool. It's both sad and funny to see your hatred in full flower.

Funny thing is, there's not a thing you can do about it. You've whined for 5 years now.

You've got 3 to go!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028993 Nov 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't go there, you'll lose half you base. My wife's aunt, bless her blue hair, didn't vote for Obama because she thought he was a Muslim.
Some were convinced of reich wing lies about Obama.

Some are still convinced no matter what!
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1028994 Nov 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw-man fallacy = "My hatred is towards his crippling ideology of dependence and big government having control over our lives."
Glittering generality fallacy = "his crippling ideology of dependence"
Nonsense wrapped in ego centrism = "I would be no more unrelenting about this president than George Washington or Thomas Jefferson about King George and loyalists"
LOL
Give her credit...she's the queen of hyperbole!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028995 Nov 22, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
I wonder when Obama voters will realize they've been date raped? They were wooed by a fast talking hipster. They were told how special they are. They were promised things that seemed too good to be true. They got delirious with infatuation and seduced into voting for him. Now they're saddled with a burden they can't afford. Obama is done with them. He got what he wanted and is moving on. Meanwhile, they're left holding a responsibility that's growing into a monster. They'll wish they'd stopped by Planned Parenthood while they still had the chance.
All you're asking is which rapist is worse.

And it's not Obama son.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028996 Nov 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been oblivious to reality for decades. Last two months??
When's Obama up for reelection??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Silly Waxturd.
More bad news associated with Obamacare

CNN analysis: No Obamacare subsidy for some low-income Americans

One of the basic tenets of Obamacare is that the government will help lower-income Americans -- anyone making less than about $45,900 a year -- pay for the health insurance everyone is now mandated to have.

But a CNN analysis shows that in the largest city in nearly every state, many low-income younger Americans won't get any subsidy at all. Administration officials said the reason so many Americans won't receive a subsidy is that the cost of insurance is lower than the government initially expected. Subsidies are calculated using a complicated formula based on the cost of insurance premiums, which can vary drastically from state to state, and even county to county

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/politics/obamac...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028997 Nov 22, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, Sherlock.
Both are crimes, both can effect the outcome of elections. Fraud is commonly understood as dishonesty calculated for advantage - a false representation of a matter of fact.
Fraud - it's obvious you can't comprehend the meaning of the word, so take a long, close look at your nearest mirror.
I wonder which is worse?

Voter fraud?

Or keeping citizens from voting because one party perceives them as being unfriendly to them?

Hmmmmmm.......?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Buster Steinbeizer 240,352
Michael Hahn, Kim Goldman Hahn, The OJ Simpson ... (Apr '06) 4 hr guest 397
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 5 hr CIA and FBI 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Rose of Tralee 105,130
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr Moon Rhythm 10,577
Newbie HELP needed!!! 13 hr AmandaPTownGirl 3
women 14 hr John 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages