Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1703801 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1028989 Nov 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So explain how you're collecting US Government Social Security at 62, then getting a part time job to supplement it isn't part of 'crippling ideology of dependence' that you whine about??
I mean, you're such a hypocrite, it's not even funny!!
In case you hadn't noticed, you're one of the 'takers'.
Carol was petrified that she might miss a month of Social Security payments because she was too stupid to enroll!
Of course she's taking SS benefits at the earliest age possible!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028990 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruz and Paul remind of Reagan's direct style of communicating. Something very refreshing these days.
I like Rubio too. His immigration solutions are actually fair and do-able in my opinion.
But Paul is the hopeful for me right now.
President Paul. Has a nice, no-nonsense ring to it.
lol! We're not quite sure how or when he immigrated are we?

Or is it HE'S not sure?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028991 Nov 22, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems have done nothing but bad mouth and blame Bush and the repubs for the last 5 years. When is that going to stop? You people are the pot calling the kettle black.
lol! You just hate history don't you son?

I can tell!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1028992 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, got the incompetent part right.
But you still think he is, right? Even after not knowing anything about the IRS targeting conservative groups or anything about the website not being ready for primetime or anything else that's going on right under his nose.
What has he done to exhibit competence in your eyes? I mean as far as his promise to get to the bottom of things and hold those responsible accountable? We can start there.
You have no idea how vast or complicated Government is from your little thrift shoping living on a thin line and spending your life on this thread. Like Obama is privy to every decision made in a huge machine that is our Federal Government. Like George Bush knew every dumb decision made by Brownie after Katrina??

So you whine like a fool. It's both sad and funny to see your hatred in full flower.

Funny thing is, there's not a thing you can do about it. You've whined for 5 years now.

You've got 3 to go!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028993 Nov 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't go there, you'll lose half you base. My wife's aunt, bless her blue hair, didn't vote for Obama because she thought he was a Muslim.
Some were convinced of reich wing lies about Obama.

Some are still convinced no matter what!
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1028994 Nov 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw-man fallacy = "My hatred is towards his crippling ideology of dependence and big government having control over our lives."
Glittering generality fallacy = "his crippling ideology of dependence"
Nonsense wrapped in ego centrism = "I would be no more unrelenting about this president than George Washington or Thomas Jefferson about King George and loyalists"
LOL
Give her credit...she's the queen of hyperbole!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028995 Nov 22, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
I wonder when Obama voters will realize they've been date raped? They were wooed by a fast talking hipster. They were told how special they are. They were promised things that seemed too good to be true. They got delirious with infatuation and seduced into voting for him. Now they're saddled with a burden they can't afford. Obama is done with them. He got what he wanted and is moving on. Meanwhile, they're left holding a responsibility that's growing into a monster. They'll wish they'd stopped by Planned Parenthood while they still had the chance.
All you're asking is which rapist is worse.

And it's not Obama son.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028996 Nov 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been oblivious to reality for decades. Last two months??
When's Obama up for reelection??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Silly Waxturd.
More bad news associated with Obamacare

CNN analysis: No Obamacare subsidy for some low-income Americans

One of the basic tenets of Obamacare is that the government will help lower-income Americans -- anyone making less than about $45,900 a year -- pay for the health insurance everyone is now mandated to have.

But a CNN analysis shows that in the largest city in nearly every state, many low-income younger Americans won't get any subsidy at all. Administration officials said the reason so many Americans won't receive a subsidy is that the cost of insurance is lower than the government initially expected. Subsidies are calculated using a complicated formula based on the cost of insurance premiums, which can vary drastically from state to state, and even county to county

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/politics/obamac...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028997 Nov 22, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, Sherlock.
Both are crimes, both can effect the outcome of elections. Fraud is commonly understood as dishonesty calculated for advantage - a false representation of a matter of fact.
Fraud - it's obvious you can't comprehend the meaning of the word, so take a long, close look at your nearest mirror.
I wonder which is worse?

Voter fraud?

Or keeping citizens from voting because one party perceives them as being unfriendly to them?

Hmmmmmm.......?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1028998 Nov 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, back when Nobraina, who now goes by John Galt, stole both Tenzing's old Demos and my former Ayn Rand identity and disgraced them, none of you nitwits seemed to mind.
Then when someone stole yours, the whole nitwit wing made it a huge deal. You can pitch, but you can't catch. Not a good thing.
As with everything, you're all nothing but crybabies.
You must have missed that time too - the dreadful debil. Stealing those other posters' identities was nothing in comparison.

I can pitch and catch quite nicely...throw and catch anyway.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1028999 Nov 22, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
If 20 million white, conservative, christian, gun toting, duck dynasty loving, and abortion hating people showed up to vote in your district would you let them vote without showing ID?
Bingo
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1029000 Nov 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Homer the Dem nominee is going to bad mouth Obama-required to put distance between themselves and him
lol! That didn't work for McCain!

Too many smart Americans!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1029001 Nov 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you late for dinner?
What's on your ruskie plate son?

Orlando, FL

#1029002 Nov 22, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol was petrified that she might miss a month of Social Security payments because she was too stupid to enroll!
Of course she's taking SS benefits at the earliest age possible!
Like the age when I can retire is any of your business...

Enrolled three months beforehand. You know not of what you speak.
Also working a new part-time job. Didn't you hear?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1029003 Nov 22, 2013
I saw on tv recently where Obama said that if he had a son he wouldn't approve of him playing football.

We'll never see the O'bobblehead ever say that if he had a son he would teach him that the Knockout ge that's so popular with today's bigoted black youth is a shameful activity to participate.

We all know "why" he won't condemn this practice.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029004 Nov 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw-man fallacy = "My hatred is towards his crippling ideology of dependence and big government having control over our lives."
Prove this not Obama's policy-especially when he has expanded Snap, Medicaid and Health Care.

Prove to us that he has NOT promoted dependence and big government by these actions.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1029005 Nov 22, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
My plan is you stop reproducing...
Every time someone sh its, Yeah is reproduced.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1029006 Nov 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has taken more than 100 days to confirm some nominees AFTER they were unanimously vetted by the Senate Judiciary Committee. And, when the Senate is finally allowed to act, they confirm a judge to fill a seat that has been vacant for four years. It shouldn't matter if one is a Democrat or Republican. This just isn't acceptable. These delays are a disservice to ALL Americans who depend on our Federal courts for justice.
Now, I'll admit, the Democrats did the same thing under Bush when Republicans were in charge and the Republicans threatened invoking the "nuclear option" at that time. They would have done so too if they had more than a two vote majority.
So now it is done and it is a good thing. It will benefit everyone..including Republicans when they regain control of the senate.
It's too bad. I've never cared for overly assertive position by any party.

But the cons are really making it political for no reason at all.

Orlando, FL

#1029007 Nov 22, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Queen Bee of Topix" will do. Realtime thought of it. Almost used it. Thought it was more of a compliment.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029008 Nov 22, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, now explain how expanding SNAP, Medicaid and Health Care is not increasing dependency and are not Big Government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 31 min honeymylove 11,934
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 1 hr GUNS not at FAULT 1
Trump is A 3 hr Heavy dude 458
Hillary's boys helped Steele write dossier. 4 hr LUCKY NO Hillary 8
Yes, They Really Hate You. 4 hr UR Rulers Hate U 5
2 bad these 2 didn't have a backup PLAN. 4 hr 2 LEFTYS CAUGHT 9
maxine waters 4 hr HERpussyStinks 16

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance