Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419178 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1027923 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>"There is a direct correlation in the rise of stupid people and the number of Fox News viewers." - Homer (R) 2016
Homer, being a stupid person, is too stupid to make correlations.

---shinningelectr0n - Your Superior
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1027924 Nov 21, 2013
In the aftermath of the Radel incident rightwingers have taken up a new cause:

Republicans for the legalization of Cocaine.

"Leftwingers you can keep the pot, rightwingers enjoy snorting cocaine" - Homer (R) 2016
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1027925 Nov 21, 2013
How Undercover Cops in a Florida City Make Millions Selling Cocaine

http://abcnews.go.com/US/undercover-cops-flor...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1027926 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you were WRONG!!! Nice of you to admit it.
No I was uninformed. A big difference.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1027927 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS from a Foxbot! LMAO.
Fox News has more viewers than the fringe propaganda you watch, zero.

Go ahead, LYAO, you could stand to lose a few acres there.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1027928 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying for Obama again?
Pics of Bush flying F-102 -not trainers
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
DumbSince1680 is a clueless twit. She has no clue what she is talking about, or reading for that matter.

With people like her, It's no wonder Obama was elected twice.

Lapeer, MI

#1027929 Nov 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
fox talk also on TV
but we enjoy your repeats of the same.
You, lily and homer can attempt all the diversions you want to but we all still have our eyes on the elephant in the room.

Look! Bush dropped his pencil!

Look! Ronald Reagan misspoke!'

Look! There's a thinkprogress.com story about a Republican Conspiracy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... ..

Look! Your pants fell down!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1027930 Nov 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning...note the same trolls posting under ten names :-)
Scott Walker hates Obamacare.
But Scott Walker also needs Obamacare.
The Wisconsin Republican governor, a potential 2016 contender for the White House, has drawn national attention to his ambitious health reform effort to cover the poor in his state without buying into the president’s health care plan.
We don't need no stinking O'bamacare. Scott Walker would make a great president, you libs have vetted him to the 15th power. There is nothing less to uncover.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1027931 Nov 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ridiculous. We're becoming a police state. However, it has much to do with the private prison industry who need a steady stream of customers that the taxpayers pay for. Why is it okay for a cop to pretend he is a drug dealer and then seize the customers cash and car? Doesn't that make them just as bad as a thief doing a car jacking?
The War On Drugs is simply a ruse to set up a police state. I believe that with all my heart even though I smoked in a long time. The future of this country is in deep peril and it has nothing to do with left or right which is a game set up to hypnotize the masses.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1027932 Nov 21, 2013
How Undercover Cops in a Florida City Make Millions Selling Cocaine
http://abcnews.go.com/US/undercover-cops-flor...
Then quit buying from those Democrat, Obama voting COPS, Airhead.

Lapeer, MI

#1027933 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You should be a comedian
You should be a Taste Tester at Smirnoff's.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1027934 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS from a Foxbot! LMAO.
FNS is a recognized news source.

You use political sites for news.

You are a whining hypocrite.

Prevented this

#1027935 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Would you be happier if he purchased it from a 'legitimate' source? Would he be more/less guilty? Rightwingers amaze Homer with their double standards.
A legitimate source would be called 'health care'.

Lapeer, MI

#1027936 Nov 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You admit that your only friends are dead people? How many of them did you bore to their graves...you guys are so stooooopid it's really unbelievable.
Huh?!! I admit?

Go back to perusing your navel.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1027937 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Would you be happier if he purchased it from a 'legitimate' source? Would he be more/less guilty? Rightwingers amaze Homer with their double standards.
Well Homer if he bought it from a legitimate source it would be legal then wouldn't? Yes I would be happy if he could.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1027938 Nov 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...pay back will be sweet when President Ted Cruz nominates strict conservatives to the Supreme Court...
By 'strict conservative' do you mean a cocaine snorting, repressed homosexual, bible toting evangelical, with a Stepford wife and a penchant for lying?

I do like that word penchant, please do let me know if I overuse it.

President Ted Cruz? LOL President of what country?

Prevented this

#1027939 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush flew a F-102 trainer (not an actual "fighter jet") fitted with a side-by-side cockpit to facilitate ease of pilot training. Bush never got in the necessary flight hours to qualify for combat. Merely past time to avoid Viet Nam.
The only cockpit O'bama ever was fitted with was some other man's ass.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1027940 Nov 21, 2013
flack wrote:
A durable, low-cost water splitter made of silicon and nickel
New fuel cells can more efficiently generate electricity when the sun isn't shining or demand is high
November 18, 2013
[+]
This image shows two electrodes connected via an external voltage source splitting water into oxygen (O2) and hydrogen (H2). The illuminated silicon electrode (left) uses light energy to assist in the water-splitting process and is protected from the surrounding electrolyte by a 2-nm film of nickel.(Credit: Guosong Hong/Stanford University)
Stanford researchers have developed an inexpensive, corrosion-free device that uses light to split water into oxygen and clean-burning hydrogen.
The goal is to supplement solar cells with hydrogen-powered fuel cells that can generate electricity when the sun isn’t shining or demand is high.
The novel device — a silicon semiconductor coated in an ultrathin layer of nickel — could help pave the way for large-scale production of clean hydrogen fuel from sunlight, according to the scientists. Their results are published in the Nov. 15 issue of the journal Science.
“Solar cells only work when the sun is shining,” said study co-author Hongjie Dai, a professor of chemistry at Stanford.“When there’s no sunlight, utilities often have to rely on electricity from conventional power plants that run on coal or natural gas.”
A greener solution, Dai explained, is to supplement the solar cells with hydrogen-powered fuel cells that generate electricity at night or when demand is especially high.
Water splitting
To produce clean hydrogen for fuel cells, scientists have turned to an emerging technology called water splitting. Two semiconducting electrodes are connected and placed in water. The electrodes absorb light and use the energy to split the water into its basic components, oxygen and hydrogen. The oxygen is released into the atmosphere, and the hydrogen is stored as fuel.
When energy is needed, the process is reversed. The stored hydrogen and atmospheric oxygen are combined in a fuel cell to generate electricity and pure water. The entire process is sustainable and emits no greenhouse gases.
fuel cells have been around for decades and the federal government has spent billions trying to develop this technology on a large-scale basis, without success....

still basically a laboratory experiment...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1027941 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That was totally dumb!
Policies are not usually mass canceled.
The mass cancellation triggered the drop in Obama's numbers as Americans realized that Obama LIED to them when he said "If you like your policy, you can keep it."
Policies are changed every single year....deductibles change, formularies change, drug payment stages change. In essence, a person's previous policy no longer exists. You can't exactly keep something that doesn't exist.

My insurance policy is grandfathered. Every year I get a new policy declaration with changes from the previous year. That's the way insurance works.

This year, my insurance company increased my premium by $18 to avoid increasing my deductibles which would have caused cancellation of my policy.(Wouldn't really matter though since my insurance covers all the basics required under the ACA).

If you want to blame someone for the cancellation of grandfathered policies, blame the insurance companies. There was no reason for them to make changes that affected the Grandfathered status of those policies. NONE! Other cancellations are warranted because those policies were sub-standard in the first place.

Lapeer, MI

#1027942 Nov 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Let the whole thing called O'bama care burn. Then burn it again.
And beat it with a stick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 8 min Blood on his hands 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Actual Science 61,048
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Coffee Party 222,524
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 103,456
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr honeymylove 2,425
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 9 hr GEORGIA 1,938
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 9 hr GEORGIA 3,040

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages