Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395525 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1027748 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack's day -
Wake up turn on Fox News
Get dressed while watching Fox News
Eat breakfast while watching Fox News
Post on Topix while watching Fox News
Drive to Walmart while listening to Fox News
Buy Chinese made crap from Walmart
Stop by Walmart lunch counter to check latest on Fox News
Drive to Jerry's while listening to Fox News
Ask bartender at Jerry's to switch tv from ESPN to Fox News
Drink 2 beers while listening to Fox News, leave 2 quarters on bar, leave
Drive home while listening to Fox News
Arrive home, rush to tv to turn on Fox News
Post on Topix while watching Fox News
Falls asleep while Fox News fades in backround
Wake up from nap startled by Fox News pinheads whining about the president
Post on Topix while watching Fox News
Eat dinner while watching Fox News
Flip to BBC to watch 10 minutes of Dr. Who so can say watched Fox News., all the while thinking about Fox News
Post on Topix while watching Fox News
8:30 - Go to bed with visions of Megyn Kelly dancing in his head
LOL
LCNLin

United States

#1027749 Nov 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you should have seen Lindsey Graham shaking hands with the USC team!! He was in his glory; and then promptly ran off the field to the mens room!!
interesting ... stock market seem high
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1027750 Nov 21, 2013
Arm George Zimmerman again!! Feral chimp alert in urban cesspools!! Remember folks; if a violent feral chimp threatens you, its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 9!!!

PHILADELPHIA (CBS)—“Knockout” attacks have been reported in several states around the country and now investigators believe three people have been attacked in our area.

Police in Lower Merion are investigating two attacks in the area, and Philadelphia detectives are investigating an attack in Northeast Philadelphia.

It’s a violent crime that in other parts of the country has proven fatal.

Videos from cities around the country show people being punched and beaten at random.

The attackers are calling their crimes a game, the goal being to knock out the victim with one punch.

Mark Cumberland is a victim of a “Knockout” assault.

“Someone asked me for a cigarette and by the time I got my hands out my pocket I was getting hit by four kids.”

He says,“It was hard seeing and I’m still having trouble breathing and swallowing.”

Cumberland was walking out of a Fox Chase pizza shop on November 11th when he was attacked.

“There’s no reason at all. I mean, I didn’t get robbed, they didn’t take nothing from me. They just beat me up.”

Lower Merion Police say suspects Samuel Hayles and Markus January were arrested on October 29th, just moments after they allegedly ambushed and beat a 63-year-old man who was walking his dog.

Lt. Frank Higgins of the Lower Merion Police says,“He punched him right in the mouth and knocked him to the ground. The victim began to scream and yell for someone to call the police.”

A neighbor of the victim, Jeri Greenfield says,“I think it’s absolutely horrible. I think this is a beautiful neighborhood and I didn’t expect anything like that here.”

An elderly man was also attacked when he was mowing his lawn outside of his home.

The suspect in that attack is still on the loose.

Bruce Myer, a neighbor of the elderly victim says,“A kid came up to him and just punching him in the mouth. He ended up laying the street with his lawnmower.”

The only apparent motive in these attacks, as in all “Knockout” attacks, is to inflict injury on a random victim.

Myer says,“The kid did it on a dare. He said give me five dollars and I’ll knock that guy out.”

It’s very sad that before you used to walk on the street with no worries whatsoever,” neighbor Al Ciavijo said.

The elderly victim is now using a cane and a walker to get around. He has had to undergo multiple medical procedures.

That suspect is still on the loose, as are the suspects in the Northeast Philadelphia attack.

LCNLin

United States

#1027751 Nov 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's interesting how they've hung their future on one incident.
I hope they continue yelling "Obamacare!" at the top of their lungs between now and 2016.
It's like watching a crying baby.
American people listened to the 47% talk.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1027752 Nov 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No we're not.
Unfortunately, for you and PDupont, yes, you are.

The majority now disapprove of Obama and Obamacare by a significant margin.

The first of many more Democrats are already jumping ship.

It's not about "us and them" anymore. 39 Democrats voted right along with Republicans just a few weeks ago. And the worst is yet to come.

Do you believe the website will be up and running in just 9 more days?
LCNLin

United States

#1027753 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer's paranoia of being exposed to anything that may be critical of Obama or progressives has hit a new level. He refuses to click on this link--> http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/21 ...
Yep, NBC news is now on his hit list.
" Oh...and get a life while you're at it, racist honey "-shinningelectr0n

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1027754 Nov 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting ... stock market seem high
Yes, as has been pointed out numerous times before, we can thank the Feds for feathering the nest a little longer before the hurricane comes.

Don't you read any headlines? Or just historical books?
TSM

United States

#1027755 Nov 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's interesting how they've hung their future on one incident.
I hope they continue yelling "Obamacare!" at the top of their lungs between now and 2016.
It's like watching a crying baby.
Yeah maybe your limited exposure to News explains your post!!
A Wednesday's CBS poll shows that only 7% of the American public wants ObamaCare "kept in place." A full 93% either believe that changes are needed to the law (48%) or want a full repeal (43%). This pits President Obama and Democrat lawmakers -- who thus far have refused to make any meaningful changes -- against 93% of the American people and 72% of Democrats!!
I encourage Liberals/Democrats to run on Obamacare ‘Make Our Day!’
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1027756 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hardly think Dan Bongino is qualified to address Obama's presidency when he only served as a secret service agent in the Presidential Protection Division from 2006 until 2010. He's an opportunist and a blowhard.
Nonsense
LCNLin

United States

#1027757 Nov 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, for you and PDupont, yes, you are.
The majority now disapprove of Obama and Obamacare by a significant margin.
The first of many more Democrats are already jumping ship.
It's not about "us and them" anymore. 39 Democrats voted right along with Republicans just a few weeks ago. And the worst is yet to come.
Do you believe the website will be up and running in just 9 more days?
Worst is always yet to come in your posts , LOL
You predicted
the Romney victory
in 2012.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027759 Nov 21, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying when the government finally gains full control of the health care industry (which is what it's trying to do) they should ban everything that has the potential to harm our health because it will save money?
Dood, couple of things - Obama and the Progs (good name for a band) couldn't care less about who gets sick and who doesn't. The ACA is a power play, pure and simple.
BTW the word is learned, not learnt.
Funny. Not caring who gets sick or gets care is what cons are pushing for.

Well, that and to limit tort to protect corporate profits.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1027760 Nov 21, 2013
Homer this, Homer that, why not everybody take a step back and look within yourselves.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1027761 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack's day -
Wake up turn on Fox News
Get dressed while watching Fox News
Eat breakfast while watching Fox News
Post on Topix while watching Fox News
Drive to Walmart while listening to Fox News
Buy Chinese made crap from Walmart
Stop by Walmart lunch counter to check latest on Fox News
Drive to Jerry's while listening to Fox News
Ask bartender at Jerry's to switch tv from ESPN to Fox News
Drink 2 beers while listening to Fox News, leave 2 quarters on bar, leave
Drive home while listening to Fox News
Arrive home, rush to tv to turn on Fox News
Post on Topix while watching Fox News
Falls asleep while Fox News fades in backround
Wake up from nap startled by Fox News pinheads whining about the president
Post on Topix while watching Fox News
Eat dinner while watching Fox News
Flip to BBC to watch 10 minutes of Dr. Who so can say watched Fox News., all the while thinking about Fox News
Post on Topix while watching Fox News
8:30 - Go to bed with visions of Megyn Kelly dancing in his head
LOL!
Wake up, Jessie on TV. Fix youngest cereal. Grab a Pop Tart.
Read the libtard bullshit from night before on Topix.
Change TV to FBN or CNN before leaving.
Drive girls to school (oldest now driving)then go to Mall to walk 6 miles. Listen to 1650 am.
Go to WalMart or Food Lion if needed.
House/yard work all day while checking out libtard posts.
FBN, CNN, and MSNBC on TVs.
Pick up girls from school.
Help with homework then go to Longshots and talk sports some days. Others go in TV room and watch Neil Cavoto and The Five while cooking. Scan libtard posts.
Go to Jerry's, watch MSNBC, and jam to some live music. Sometimes I have a beer. Sometimes I drink water.
Come home watch BBC, Discover, H2, or Science channel.
Eleven PM go to bed, set timer on TV and watch above channels till sleep.

Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1027762 Nov 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
That was your vodka speaking.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1027763 Nov 21, 2013
Lies: You can Keep Your Plan; You Can Keep Your Doctor; It'll Save $2.5K/Family; It Won't Add to the Deficit. Fraud of EPIC Proportions
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1027764 Nov 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, for you and PDupont, yes, you are.
The majority now disapprove of Obama and Obamacare by a significant margin.
The first of many more Democrats are already jumping ship.
It's not about "us and them" anymore. 39 Democrats voted right along with Republicans just a few weeks ago. And the worst is yet to come.
Do you believe the website will be up and running in just 9 more days?
You're totally delusional; I'm pretty convinced that the dirty trick republican teapartyers deliberately created havoc on that site.

I think all the wrinkles will be ironed out. I have patience. The ignorant people who whined about keeping their policies are going to be surprised that their new policies would have been far better.
It's a shame that we have so many dumb people in this country.

I have full confidence in the President and that Obamacare will be a phenomenal success in the long run.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1027765 Nov 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you should have seen Lindsey Graham shaking hands with the USC team!! He was in his glory; and then promptly ran off the field to the mens room!!
USC just doesn't tell the tale...wouldn't you know that Lindseybelle Beauregard G-cracker would have the state's university team called the "Game Cocks"? That might just further Homer's quest for an answer to his question. How YOU doin'? I've been feeling like crap and the holidays don't seem to be cutting me any slack at all. Wasn't Jesus actually born closer to June? I could live with a little more daylight.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027766 Nov 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where the problem lies. Liberals perceive Obama as the Golden Calf representing what the USA stands for and not one who serves his country.
If you attack Obama's radical and failed policies, you attack the Golden Calf who, in their minds, represents everything this country stands for. All he represents is himself and his party.
Obviously you perceive him as some sort of golden calf son.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1027767 Nov 21, 2013
LCN, maybe this will help:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2...

The Fed is increasingly cited by investors as the only reason why they're buying and could set the market up for disappointment.

The market's rise is all due to the Fed's "smoke and mirrors," warns Richard Suttmeier, chief market strategist at ValuEngine.com .'It's a mirage. It will end. You just don't know when."

...We're still wondering when it will end six months later.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1027768 Nov 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as has been pointed out numerous times before, we can thank the Feds for feathering the nest a little longer before the hurricane comes.
Don't you read any headlines? Or just historical books?
The stock market is playing a dance with the FEDs. If the unemployment numbers drop or NYSEX get to high the tax payer bailout of them will be pulled.

However, how can it be happy days again when unemployment remains so high. No country can claim prosperity with those numbers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 29 min ReadAllAbout IT 25
Guess I'm voting for the businessman. 35 min HRC is a douche-bag 18
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min Sublime1 102,486
Paul Weston from 12Tribe Films. 41 min NO UNvetted Illegals 4
True BRILLIANCE and so correct. 49 min HEY Abbooooott 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min Woj 216,797
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 56 min GEORGIA 2,703
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages