Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1579422 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Chicagoan by Birth

Mishawaka, IN

#1028119 Nov 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee son. What did bushie boy kill with his own bare hands or gun or anything else?
Or are you saying his wife is more military than he is?
golly gee wilikers!
Golly gee whiz Yeahoo, what has Barack Hussein Obama killed? The economy, jobs, incentive to work, incentive to invest. 25=30% unemployment is the albatross hanging over his head. But he the Messiah, just ax "Obama Money".
lumipad babae

Bellevue, WA

#1028120 Nov 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
August 2009...
a rather valid prediction !
And here's the thing: I haven't even seen every episode of the fourth season of 'Til Death, just the highlights of Doug's arc. It's possible that even weirder stuff crept in around the edges in other episodes. After all, Reo, his cast, and crew could be pretty certain no one was watching this. Why not just do something completely nuts? Further compounding problems and making the show seem even more hallucinatory was Fox's decision to screen the 15 episodes they never aired from season three along with the season four episodes, so the show would ping-pong randomly between a series about a bitter married couple having strained fights and living with JB Smoove to a weird, hallucinatory nightmare of suburban life filtered through the perception of a stoned, possibly mentally ill manchild. Ally would be played by a blonde in one episode (from season three), then a brunette in another, then another brunette in yet another. Plus, Fox aired the episodes all out of order. Doug and Ally's wedding aired before their engagement, and the birth of their first child—intended to be the series finale—was followed by three more rejected third season episodes. The show itself seemed to give up as well, tossing weird, random sound effects and obnoxiously loud music over the top of establishing shots or having a recurring plot where guest star Martin Mull is in a dom-sub relationship with a woman who may or may not be a psychopath.
LCNLin

United States

#1028121 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
Okay so after Hillary's 2 terms, or 1 and a half if she decides she had enough, who will be president after her?
Republicans have television personalities and talk show hosts.
No wonder they wish to change the subject.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1028122 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no lie. "If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance"......
If you want to blame anyone, blame the greedy insurance companies.
Say again...Obammie WAS inCahoots with the greedy insurance companies...

"Obama Has Met At Least 27 Times With Private Health Care Industry Executives"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/22/obam...
OBAMA the GENIUS

Angier, NC

#1028123 Nov 21, 2013
Billionaire: one guy with a thousand million dollars.

Republicans give these guys tax help?

Oh Yeah, BABY!

They hand this one guy $50 million a year.

ONE GUY!

Here ya go! Richy rich!

Have some free gov loot!

While we fight 2 wars for trillions.

Have a large hand out, billionaires!

Are you OK with this?

Is this a good use of FED FUNDS?

Is this in the best interest of the people?

Bush borrowed TRILLIONS!

and handed out millions to the richest?

WOW!

That is dumb.

These filthy rich already have everything.

And Republicans hand them your money!

And cut food aid to poor kids!

WOW!

These low lifes need to go:

Republicans all going to hell. LOL!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1028124 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you what some of the posters here have gotten Obama groupie freaky.
USAsince and lily shout out people who criticize their "leader" accusing them of being un-American and hating America.
Homer, USAsince, and Yeah try to censor recognized news sources while promoting political websites.
I tell you what, when your allegiance is to a leader only -you have totally loss your way to objectivity and are falling into the Hitler-type mentality that created that dictatorship.
You should remove your head from your ass, I guarantee you will see things more clearly, well not at first but with a little soap and water...

I would never want to censor any rightwing site, I get way too much enjoyment from them.

Unlike rightwingers, being a moderate I celebrate the diversity and opinions of the liberals and the conservatives.

Can you imagine a country populated with only conservatives? Booooring.

Liberals? Shirley that would devolve into lord of the flies.

If we just had one or the other I'd probably move to another country.

There, I think I've sufficiently pissed everybody off.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1028125 Nov 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News is show business and biased reporting, there is no real news there.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1028126 Nov 21, 2013
lumipad babae wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, if I were handed this situation and I couldn't run far, far away for some reason, I would just produce something so balls-out bizarre that it would be borderline unwatchable, a weird expression of just how much I hate the television idiom and working in it, as well as a desperate plea for anyone to watch me, anyone at all.
I tend to agree with you.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028127 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sources heavily laden with rightwing bias. There, that's more accurate.
NBC has a heavily laden leftwing bias -still not a political site- and you called them earlier a rightwing source.

Face it, the Obama groupies are refusing to use any news sources other than KNOWN politically paid for political site.

That is moon bat crazy!

I do not give up my freedom to use recognized news sources due to idiotic rules.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1028128 Nov 21, 2013
lumipad babae wrote:
<quoted text>
But if that were it, that wouldn't qualify the fourth season of 'Til Death as some sort of weird, outre comedy. It would certainly be more interesting than what the show had been before, but not necessarily worth seeking out. Perhaps realizing that the role of Ally (Joy and Eddie's daughter) had been played by four actresses over the course of the series (including Krysten Ritter!) while the role of boyfriend/fiancee/husband Doug had been played by only Sharp, the series embarked on an astoundingly bizarre story arc: It had Doug realize he was a character in a sitcom whose wife kept getting recast, then sent him to psychotherapy to make peace with this fact.
I do not think I could put that any more succinctly than you just did my young friend.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028129 Nov 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
*Gasp* So do the Dems.

Censor one; censor the other.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1028130 Nov 21, 2013
Special people get to do special things...

Google's Corp Jets...

"Since 2007, the private airplane fleet owned by Google execs has been housed in a hangar at NASA’s Ames Research Center just outside Google’s Mountain View, Calif. headquarters. The taxpayer-funded hangars are intended for aircraft performing scientific research to assist NASA, but it appears that Google’s jets perform very little actual scientific research (unless calculating the circumference of Mai Tai umbrellas on the beaches of Babelthuap somehow qualifies)."

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/google-...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1028131 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up. Everyone but a handful of radical Obama groupies are aware Bush flew these plans. Peddle your conspiracy theories to Raw Story.
Did you see the Dems lied too when they said you keep your doctor.
Not true either
I'll defer to DBWriter on this one, let's see what he has to say about it.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028132 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You should remove your head from your ass, I guarantee you will see things more clearly, well not at first but with a little soap and water...
I would never want to censor any rightwing site, I get way too much enjoyment from them.
Unlike rightwingers, being a moderate I celebrate the diversity and opinions of the liberals and the conservatives.
Can you imagine a country populated with only conservatives? Booooring.
Liberals? Shirley that would devolve into lord of the flies.
If we just had one or the other I'd probably move to another country.
There, I think I've sufficiently pissed everybody off.
OH really, constantly declaring a news source as illegitimate is not censoring? In what alternate reality?

Come out for air and stop projecting.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1028133 Nov 21, 2013
Abortion clinics and campaigning...

"Planned Parenthood of Northern New England has agreed to pay a $30,000 penalty to settle a complaint filed by group known as Let Vermont Vote. The group said Planned Parenthood failed to register its Action Fund as a political action committee and file contribution reports. The complaint also said the PAC had accepted contributions bigger than the $2,000 per donor limit."

"The Planned Parenthood Action Fund spent $119,437 on advertising that criticized Brian Dubie, the Republican candidate for governor in 2010."

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs....
LCNLin

United States

#1028134 Nov 21, 2013
lumipad babae wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's the thing: I haven't even seen every episode of the fourth season of 'Til Death, just the highlights of Doug's arc. It's possible that even weirder stuff crept in around the edges in other episodes. After all, Reo, his cast, and crew could be pretty certain no one was watching this. Why not just do something completely nuts? Further compounding problems and making the show seem even more hallucinatory was Fox's decision to screen the 15 episodes they never aired from season three along with the season four episodes, so the show would ping-pong randomly between a series about a bitter married couple having strained fights and living with JB Smoove to a weird, hallucinatory nightmare of suburban life filtered through the perception of a stoned, possibly mentally ill manchild. Ally would be played by a blonde in one episode (from season three), then a brunette in another, then another brunette in yet another. Plus, Fox aired the episodes all out of order. Doug and Ally's wedding aired before their engagement, and the birth of their first child—intended to be the series finale—was followed by three more rejected third season episodes. The show itself seemed to give up as well, tossing weird, random sound effects and obnoxiously loud music over the top of establishing shots or having a recurring plot where guest star Martin Mull is in a dom-sub relationship with a woman who may or may not be a psychopath.
His first book, A Drink Before the War (1994), which introduced the recurring characters Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro, won the 1995 Shamus Award for Best First P.I. Novel. The fourth book in the series, Gone, Baby, Gone, was adapted to a film of the same title in 2007; it was directed by Ben Affleck and starred Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan as Kenzie and Gennaro. When commenting on the movie after receiving a sneak peek, Lehane commented that "I saw the movie and it's terrific, I wasn't gonna say anything if I didn't like it but it's really terrific." Reportedly, Lehane "has never wanted to write the screenplays for the films [based on his own books], because he says he has 'no desire to operate on my own child.'"
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1028135 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
NBC has a heavily laden leftwing bias -still not a political site- and you called them earlier a rightwing source.
Face it, the Obama groupies are refusing to use any news sources other than KNOWN politically paid for political site.
That is moon bat crazy!
I do not give up my freedom to use recognized news sources due to idiotic rules.
Dear deaf dumb and blind,

I do not watch cnn, msnbc, network news, I do not visit dailykos, huffpost, etc., I do not visit them, I would not could, I do not watch them Sam I am.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028136 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fox News is show business and biased reporting, there is no real news there.
Whaaa! FNS dares have people from both sides of the aisles on there show -how unfair and bias.

Nay you aren't trying to censor a news source.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1028137 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
OH really, constantly declaring a news source as illegitimate is not censoring? In what alternate reality?
Come out for air and stop projecting.
No, it's not. I never said they couldn't report their garbage, I merely call it what it is.

Have at it hoss or hossess, watch them 24/7, believe their lies, Homer not stopping you or them.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1028138 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Semantics. He was guilty of buying an illegal substance, end of fcking story. Or you can continue on if you must.
And even worse than a recently elected US congressman being stupid enough to buy off the D.C. streets__the stupid smbitch adds that he's also battling acoholism. Shades of Rob Farley-Ford.

A congressman should always have a do boy for that sort of stuff__just saying.

Cheapazz stupid TeaBagger didn't think the gram he already had would get him and the gal pal through the night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min General Lee 105,233
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Alyssa76 11,163
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 11 hr DT made Un blink 10
Trump Just Sux 13 hr Izzy Mentlyel 124
last post wins! (Dec '10) 14 hr They cannot kill ... 3,203
last post wins! (Apr '13) 14 hr They cannot kill ... 2,604
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 hr WelbyMD 242,525

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages