Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 47,187)

Showing posts 943,721 - 943,740 of1,033,683
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Jaw-dropping quotes - Obammy on ObammyCare

(No wonder Democrats are running for cover)

"What we're essentially saying is the Affordable Care Act is not going to be the factor in what happens with folks in the individual market."

Points for candor, I guess.

Here the president explicitly spells out the motivation behind his so-called "fix" -- which even liberal wonks and industry experts are admitting are unworkable and will make the law's problems worse.

The goal is not to repair the damage; the goal is to SCAPEGOAT omeone else for the Obamacare wreckage that awaits.

INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE THE NEW OBAMMY VILLIAN DE JOUR.

Insurers, who've been in bed with Obama on this law from the beginning, aren't going to take the demonization lying down.

Obama is decreeing a 13th-hour disruption that they cannot comply with at this stage, and that will throw their finances into chaos. They will, in turn, hike premiums even more next year.

This is the death spiral, ladies and gentlemen.

And Obama will try to stand to the side and point at his former Obamacare partners as the culprits.

It's shameful. And I suspect it won't work. His credibility is in the tank.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Real mature" post for a fourth grader.
Right at your level. You have the commons sense of a fourth grader. Well actually, I just insulted fourth graders.

Get off the bus, hater!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party loses in the end
Tea Party? what's that?

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you know you are one, so why do you act surprised?
You display vile hate, but in a sneaky, coy, and not so bright way.
What's wrong with someone being honest and direct, scumbag?
People with little minds, like you, can't comprehend "honest and direst".

“Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.” Spencer W. Kimball

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish!
Who do you think reads this thread dumbazz? Congress? ROFLMAO, everyone who actually does read along already knows that you're a liar.
What's gibberish this time?

The CBO projected 30 million will still be uninsured under Obamacare?

The government will screw up medical care too?

The IRS will have all of our personal information while being impotent to enforce penalties?

The GOP had a better plan to lower the costs of health care to make it more affordable for everyone?

The free market should have a chance to cover pre-existing conditions and provide employer-free health insurance?

Tax reform is never on the liberals' agenda?

...There was so much in that one post, it might help to narrow it down to help me better provide the correct source.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
...and Obama didn't lie and millions have not had their health insurance cancelled.
Obama should have known he was going to get screwed by the insurance companies.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked
Kirsten Powers:'No Explanation For Doubling My Premiums Other Than Subsidizing Other People'
By Noel Sheppard | November 13, 2013 | 16:01

Fox News's left of center contributor Kirsten Powers went on a bit of a mini-rant about ObamaCare on Tuesday's Special Report that media members across the fruited plain she sit up and take notice.

"I have talked about how I am losing my health insurance," she said. "If I want to keep the same health insurance, it's going to cost twice as much. There's nothing substandard about my plan... All of the things they say that are not in my plan are in my plan, all of the things they have listed. There's no explanation for the doubling of my premiums other than the fact that it's subsidizing other people" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

(
BRET BAIER, HOST: How about that?
KIRSTEN POWERS, COLUMNIST, "NEW YORK POST": I say, my blood pressure goes up every time they say that they're protecting us from substandard health insurance plans, because there is nothing to support what they're saying. I have talked about how I am losing my health insurance. I'm having, if I want to keep the same health insurance, it's going to cost twice as much. There's nothing substandard about my plan. All of the things they say that are not in my plan are in my plan, all of the things they have listed. There's no explanation for the doubling of my premiums other than the fact that it's subsidizing other people.
They need to be honest about that, that that's the reason they don't want to change it. It's because they're basically taking the people who are responsible enough to get health insurance in the individual market and asking them to subsidize other people. So they're taking young healthy people and asking them to subsidize other people. I don't think that's going to last, frankly. I think they're trying to buy time until they think they're going to reach this next deadline. And I don't think they're going to reach it, and when they don't reach it...
BAIER: This is November 30th?
POWERS: Yes. When they don't reach it, I think there is going to be an absolute -- I mean, if, you have now not just senators who are up for re-election calling, you know, for this to be fixed. So I think they're going -- they're going to have to respond to that.
Story Continues Below Ad &#8595;

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Jaw-dropping quotes - Obammy on ObammyCare

"On the website, I was not informed directly that the website would not be working the way it was supposed to."

In which President Obama once again claims that he was unaware of the long parade of internal and external warnings that Healthcare.gov was a historic trainwreck in the making.

What is Obama aware of, pray tell?

What does he believe he job entails?

If overseeing and managing his own signature legislative 'accomplishment' isn't within his self-imagined job description, what is?

ALOOF IGNORANCE IS OBAMMY'S RECURRING EXCUSE AND IS TRULY PATHETIC, especially on a screw-up this epic.

This "defense" severely undermines the efficacy of big government:

Our go-to defense is utter ignorance, but trust us to do Big Things.

— Mary Katharine Ham (@mkhammer) November 14, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of you. You missed the point. People who can't afford to pay higher premiums go without (including drivers). They are left with no choice. Obamacare gives the uninsured a choice. I don't really care about the under insured. If they had taken more responsibility for their health needs, they wouldn't have a problem.
How's the weather on the Moon?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another ignoramus who believes in "death panels". Geez!
I think Paul Krugman believes in them also.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Did I hear right? There are 40 senators that have now jumped ship? Hahahahaha
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party loses in the end
Why, were they the only ones who had their health insurance cancelled?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Laney F wrote:
Jaw-dropping quotes - Obammy on ObammyCare:
"What we're also discovering is that insurance is complicated to buy."
Really, Mr. President?
You're "discovering" this minor detail three years after you forced through a massive, unpopular overhaul of the entire system?
This statement is a breathtaking admission of abject dereliction and incompetence.
ABC News' Rick Klein also notes that the administration's long-time talking points assured skeptical consumers that Obamacare would be easy to buy.
That's what all of the "just like Expedia!" comparisons were about.
Now, with millions getting booted from their plans, with a horribly broken website exacerbating the pain, Obama suddenly sees the light.
A disgrace.
Obama said a lot of things in his little press conference yesterday that were breathtaking admissions...

...but "abject dereliction and incompetence..." 'bout covers it.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you meant the Daily Caller?
a totally different animal. right wing biased to be exact.
Nope, Daily Beast.

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have one of those crappy plans then, raving lunatic.
No. I'm too smart to purchase one of those "crappy plans". I'll leave that to you and yours.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Dear President Obama,

My daddy said you told a big lie. Presidents aren't supposed to lie. My daddy told my mommy he can't believe anything you any more. My mommy cried and so did I. You made me so mad.

I HATE YOU!

Katie, aged 9
Gaithersburg, MD
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
39 Democrats bucked their party leadership to vote in favor of the bill.
Is that a rebuke? MSNBC said 20 to 30 would be one thing but 60 to 100 would be a rebuke.
39 is almost 40 and 40 is between 30 and 60.
It's more than just being "one thing", that's for sure.
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Democrats always vote for what the majority of what their constituents want, "only" when they are afraid of getting booted!

...and some will in 2014.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, surprise, I disagree. The November 12th poll by Quinnipiac shows that 75% of Democrats approve of the way Obama is handling healthcare. 79% of Democrats approve of the way Obama is handling is job and 86% believe he is honest and trustworthy. The same number trust that Obama will do a better job handling healthcare than Republicans in Congress.
His low number is with his handling of immigration...only 66% of Democrats approve (probably because it is on the back burner at the moment).
Let's face it...we are a country divided down political lines like never before and, IMO, we have the obstructionist Republicans in congress to thank for it. You people are only cutting your own throats by continuing down this negative path.
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-cent...
She was talking about Democrat "politicians" you frikkin' moron.

GOD! Are you people stupid!
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another ignoramus who believes in "death panels". Geez!
The new death panel is actually not being able to sign up for ObammyCare until after you are dead.

Every time the ObammyCare website crashes, an angel gets their wings.

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
When the way is the Constitution and the law, why do you have a problem with that? Please explain.
As Cruz once said, "I think we should focus on fights that would make a difference, restoring economic growth and opportunity and fights that we have a realistic prospect of winning.” Impeachment,“that’s not a fight we have a prospect of winning.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 943,721 - 943,740 of1,033,683
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Sublime1 96,093
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Poppo 167,531
Amy 4-18 19 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 47,054
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••