Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
942,741 - 942,760 of 1,079,675 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

This week, MSNBC host Joe Scarborough joined the chorus of those decrying the IRS for targeting Tea Party groups for extra scrutiny in applying for nonprofit status.“You can’t allow the government to tread on political speech,” Scarborough said.“The Internal Revenue Service — the taxman — to go after their political beliefs.… I can’t imagine much worse than this,” he added.

Targeting nonprofit groups because of their political beliefs is wrong — pretty much everyone agrees on that. So today’s Scarborough must be outraged by his 2003 self, which gave this monologue on his show “Scarborough Country” on July 13, 2003:

"The leader of the NAACP bashes President Bush and the Republican Party. Why is this clearly partisan group still being funded by your tax dollars?[...]

[T]he NAACP continues to get a free ride off of taxpayers because of the tax-exempt status that’s conferred to them by our federal government, now, this despite the fact the NAACP produced and ran the most vicious campaign attack ad in the history of televised presidential campaign."

Uh, oh...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly do you have against making people pay for their medical insurance? That Republicant duplicity is on display again.
If a cardiac or cancer patient can afford to buy insurance but cannot because of a pre-existing condition, would you rather that they receive federal assistance?
ssssssiiiiiigggggghhhhhh
Nothing, so why do I have to pay more so that lazy people don't have to pay at all? Of course that isn't really the point. What is really needed is a plan to decrease the cost of healthcare which Obamacare does not address.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

List of Shame...

SEN. PATTY MURRAY (D-Wash.):“Again, if you like what you have, you will be able to keep it. Let me say this again: If you like what you have, when our legislation is passed and signed by the President, you will be able to keep it.”(Sen. Murray, Congressional Record, S.6400, 6/10/09)

Dems LIED

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar power advocates should visit the Ivanpah Solar Power Facility in the Mohave Desert to view massive environmental destruction on a scale beyond comprehension....before the plant even operates...
I would rather see a solar power facility than the smoking stacks of a gas fired power plant like we have at Moss Landing or Dynegy's plant in Morro Bay. Talk about environmental destruction!! At least Ivanpah is located in no man's land.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Name me one good reason why Obama thought he was qualified to become the President of the United States and the Commander-in-Chief of the United States military.
Just anything to prove his commitment and dedication to protect and preserve those things we hold dear as a nation out of love of country and a deep sense of putting country and its people first.
Or any significant contributions in the Illinois Senate or his two years as a junior senator in the U.S. Congress where he stood by his convictions to make a difference on behalf of all Americans for their and the nation's benefit.
Because every president has to have done something that distinguishes them as worthy and qualified to be a leader...of anyone or anything.
Simply attending Harvard and gaining a modicum of notoriety among liberal elitists in the world of academia isn't what I had in mind.
He won son.

Get over it.

Otherwise, provide the list of requirements you're referring to for becoming president and the corresponding list of reich wingers who meet your qualifications.

I love this comedy channel!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

TSM wrote:
The best defense Liberals/Democrats have in defending Obamacare is more Lies no matter how much Botox Pelosi and others uses this is going to get Really Ugly!!
Did you hear her response on MTP when confronted with her lies.

"There is a bunch of hoppity do and do to."

Or something similar as people have different translations of her non-English.

This woman was in charge of writing Obamacare.

Says everything.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly do you have against making people pay for their medical insurance? That Republicant duplicity is on display again.
If a cardiac or cancer patient can afford to buy insurance but cannot because of a pre-existing condition, would you rather that they receive federal assistance?
ssssssiiiiiigggggghhhhhh
What exactly do you have against Americans being pissed off after finding out Obama is forcing them to pay twice as much - up to five times as much in some states - for pediatric and maternal coverage who have no children, who plan to have no children and aging Americans who were perfectly happy with their cheaper and chosen plans that were cancelled?

Only 15% of Americans claimed to be unhappy with their health care insurance.

So 85% of Americans now have to pay more for coverage they don't want or need for the other 15%?

Wasn't there a much more practical and common sense approach than a big government and IRS takeover?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what I was thinking. The sooner it's up and running, the sooner Americans will need medical care just to treat sticker shock.
lol! So you're taking the long way to achieve your political goals?!?!?!

Cons... such wuvable idiots!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine the audacity of a Black man thinking he can run for President??
Haha! He was re elected as well!!
67 million Ameticans disagree with you white supremacist racists!
Get over it; it's 2013 and all of your absurd posts won't change a thing
I see that you avoided addressing the question, so here it is again?

What significant contributions did Obama make when he was a Senator?
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
This week, MSNBC host Joe Scarborough joined the chorus of those decrying the IRS for targeting Tea Party groups for extra scrutiny in applying for nonprofit status.“You can’t allow the government to tread on political speech,” Scarborough said.“The Internal Revenue Service — the taxman — to go after their political beliefs.… I can’t imagine much worse than this,” he added.
Targeting nonprofit groups because of their political beliefs is wrong — pretty much everyone agrees on that. So today’s Scarborough must be outraged by his 2003 self, which gave this monologue on his show “Scarborough Country” on July 13, 2003:
"The leader of the NAACP bashes President Bush and the Republican Party. Why is this clearly partisan group still being funded by your tax dollars?[...]
[T]he NAACP continues to get a free ride off of taxpayers because of the tax-exempt status that’s conferred to them by our federal government, now, this despite the fact the NAACP produced and ran the most vicious campaign attack ad in the history of televised presidential campaign."
Uh, oh...
Republican media dominate cable news
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be related to USA since 1686
Only she can muenster up such a list of confused and unsupported lies.
You are a true IDIOT
lol! Funny how you can't counter, nor support your opinions son.

I wonder why?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't this exact same thing happen immediately before the Democrats' Marxist CRA program crashed the economy in 2008 after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the crash?
I'm thinking the stock markets will crash as soon as they are convinced an audit of the Federal Reserve is likely.
lol! awwww.... poor baby.

Still stuck on stupid for CRA.

But that's ok. It's normal for a reich 'winder!'
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Rightwingers are truly dumb. The president and the Dems did not lie when they said you could keep your current insurance, etc, they were referring to it as it pertains to the law.

The insurance companies are the ones cancelling the policies not the Dems or the president.

Lay the fault where it lies with the insurance companies.

Rightwingers are dumb.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lookie here; the white supremacist rears her ugly head
It has nothing to do with Obama's race, it has everything to do with Obama's incompetence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing, so why do I have to pay more so that lazy people don't have to pay at all? Of course that isn't really the point. What is really needed is a plan to decrease the cost of healthcare which Obamacare does not address.
surely you jest...Obama promised that we would all save $2500 per year on our insurance costs...remember that?

the check is in the mail...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you seem so arrogant and post ideology for four years?
That's all lola has.

And that's how lola taught our kids!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

The government does not control the insurance companies.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
You drink that early in the morning?
<quoted text>
I know a few things about intel gathering. People will believe what you tell and show them.
Hours after 9/11, Wolfowitz and Cheney were speaking out against Iraq - even though everyone in the SitRoom knew they had NOTHING to do with the attacks.
<quoted text>
Those winds had nothing to do with sending our best and bravest to die or come home less than whole, right?
<quoted text>
I understand the meaning of the words, duty, honor and country.
<quoted text>
That is true. You see, we have earned the right to comment. Have you?
<quoted text>
My service is my duty. I still serve the nation and proudly so. It irritates me to fight an enemy who sees bitter people back home working do hard to divide my nation and ridicule our President.
You're running away from this, typical for an indoctrinated Democrat dupe.

We have enough Democrat frauds pretending to be veterans here already. We don't need another.

You can say anything you want about the last president. You see, here in the United States, we have this thing called the First Amendment. It's right before the Second Amendment, in case anyone thinks they can do away with the First Amendment.

Since you claim to have been in Iraq fighting a war Bush started for some no good reason, I've got a question for you.

It's 9/12. You're the president. What do you do? Do you:

1) Surrender to the Islamist jihad? Or,
2) Do the Bill Clinton thing and lob a few cruise missiles in their general direction and call it a day? Or,
3) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and somehow you expect to experience something different than what the Soveits experienced? Or,
4) You do something different that gives you a better chance of kicking the everlovingshit out of the Islamist jihad?

What would you have done? If your answer is 4), do something different, what is it?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lois seems to have problems with race issues
I think that you and lily are the one with the race issues.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you use the WACS as an insult? Are the WACS some sort of embarrassing joke?
Typical Dems who like to diss the military until they want them to protect them.

Typical Dems who diss women until they want their vote and then they throw $9 birth control at them that they could have gotten for free at a local clinic but now pay $100 more a month in premiums for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min voice of peace 67,931
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,374
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 174,601
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 45,781
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 5 hr joey 3
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 7 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 8 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000