Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1025464 Nov 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan enlisted in the US Army in 1937....
reagan just like bush II was a REMF, NUFF SAID
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1025465 Nov 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Limited minds have limited resources.
This is why reich wingers keep going back to the same things!
LCNLin

United States

#1025466 Nov 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most folks see the "establishment" and the "Tea Party" as polar opposites...
Jindall is much more establishment than Tea Party...
now, go back and tell your drinking buddies your phony war stories...
WACS had real war stories ...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1025467 Nov 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
other than the Grassley Amendment, which Obama has nullified by executive decree, name one single Republican suggestion or idea that was included in the Anti-American Communist Act (ACA)....
You are sooo lazy. When are you going to learn to use an online search tool?

FACT: This Bill Was A Bi-Partisan Bill Written By Both Republicans And Democrats

"Throughout the debate on health insurance reform, Republican concepts and proposals have been included in legislation. In fact, hundreds of Republican amendments were adopted during the committee mark-up process. As a result, both the Senate and the House passed key Republican proposals that are incorporated into the Presidentís Proposal."

Review a few of the Republican initiatives included in legislation passed by Congress:

Includes personal responsibility incentives: Allows health insurance premium to vary based on participation in proven employer wellness programs.

Advances medical liability reform through grants to States: Provides grants to States to jump-start and evaluate promising medical liability reform ideas to put patient safety first, prevent medical errors, and reduce liability premiums.

Extends dependent coverage to age 26: Gives young adults new options.

Allows automatic enrollment by employers in health insurance: Allows employee to opt-out.

Mechanisms to improve quality.

Community Mental Health Centers. The Presidentís Proposal ensures that individuals have access to comprehensive mental health services in the community setting, but strengthens standards for facilities that seek reimbursement as community mental health centers by ensuring these facilities are providing appropriate care and not taking advantage of Medicare patients or the taxpayers.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1025468 Nov 17, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you no LBJ's Vietnam war, he should have been impeached. But I disagree with you in general about the draft. War or no war, everyone should serve some time in the military, be trained and learn what the price of freedom is. too many freeloaders forget what they've been given.
the US military could not possibly bear the expense and headache of training all Americans, including women...who would need to be included in equal numbers in any future draft...

just imagine a Chicago drug-dealing gangbanger in boot camp...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1025469 Nov 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
....... in the WAVES in World War II ;-)
Patrick served in the Pink Phaerie Brigade...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1025470 Nov 17, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
guess you weren't of draft age back then
none of your business...nor do the personal experience claims of any posters here carry any weight...including your unproven and unprovable claim to have served in the Marines...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1025471 Nov 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if you had really served in the military, you would know that you serve where you are told to serve, not where you want to serve...even if that is non-combat rather than combat...
Really, lets ask Jimmy Stewart about that...he eventually got to serve as a B-29 bomber pilot only after his persistant doggedness

there were plenty of famous celebrities who actually served in combat only after insisting

heck all of President Roosevelt sons saw combat, I'm sure they could have gotten out

lets us Prince William as an example.....

SORRY MY I HAVE THE UTMOST CONTEMPT FOR PEOPLE WHO EITHER NEVER SERVED OR WERE REMF WHO ARE SO HAWKISH AFTERWARDS.

and BTW, I'm unbaised non partisan when it comes to that.. I have just as much contempt for LBJ as I do for Reagan and Bush II. I have the utmost respect for President George H.W. Bush and voted for him both times.

Please don't be condescending about Bush II service record in the TANG
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1025472 Nov 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sooo lazy. When are you going to learn to use an online search tool?
FACT: This Bill Was A Bi-Partisan Bill Written By Both Republicans And Democrats
"Throughout the debate on health insurance reform, Republican concepts and proposals have been included in legislation. In fact, hundreds of Republican amendments were adopted during the committee mark-up process. As a result, both the Senate and the House passed key Republican proposals that are incorporated into the Presidentís Proposal."
Review a few of the Republican initiatives included in legislation passed by Congress:
Includes personal responsibility incentives: Allows health insurance premium to vary based on participation in proven employer wellness programs.
Advances medical liability reform through grants to States: Provides grants to States to jump-start and evaluate promising medical liability reform ideas to put patient safety first, prevent medical errors, and reduce liability premiums.
Extends dependent coverage to age 26: Gives young adults new options.
Allows automatic enrollment by employers in health insurance: Allows employee to opt-out.
Mechanisms to improve quality.
Community Mental Health Centers. The Presidentís Proposal ensures that individuals have access to comprehensive mental health services in the community setting, but strengthens standards for facilities that seek reimbursement as community mental health centers by ensuring these facilities are providing appropriate care and not taking advantage of Medicare patients or the taxpayers.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting...
try an unbiased source....

Location hidden

#1025473 Nov 17, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you no LBJ's Vietnam war, he should have been impeached. But I disagree with you in general about the draft. War or no war, everyone should serve some time in the military, be trained and learn what the price of freedom is. too many freeloaders forget what they've been given.
Really? You want America to follow the examples of Israel, South Korea and Russia? No thank you!!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1025474 Nov 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the US military could not possibly bear the expense and headache of training all Americans, including women...who would need to be included in equal numbers in any future draft...
just imagine a Chicago drug-dealing gangbanger in boot camp...

no everyone is drafted in a draft, and there are other forms of national service that could use bodies.

BTW I only thought bush sold drugs in texas...didn't realize he had connections in Chitown

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1025475 Nov 17, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wesley Clark, Democratic Presidential Candidate - 38-year career of public service in the Army, culminating as Supreme Allied Commander of NATO
Nice work.

You proved there are democrats who love this country and were (and are) willing to serve their country in the military. Congratulations.

Did your list refute any claims I made or support any claims you made? No.

Location hidden

#1025476 Nov 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
restricting availability is the same as restricting treatment....
No it's not. All your ducking and dodging won't change the truth...the ACA does not restrict treatment.
LCNLin

United States

#1025477 Nov 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most folks see the "establishment" and the "Tea Party" as polar opposites...
Jindall is much more establishment than Tea Party...
now, go back and tell your drinking buddies your phony war stories...
The WAAC's organization was designed by numerous Army bureaus coordinated by Lt. Col. Gilman C. Mudgett, the first WAAC Pre-Planner; however, nearly all of his plans were discarded or greatly modified before going into operation because he expected a corps of only 11,000 women.

The WAAC was modeled after comparable British units, especially the ATS, which caught the attention of Chief of Staff George C. Marshall.

In 1942, the first contingent of 800 members of the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps began basic training at Fort Des Moines Provisional Army Officer Training School, Iowa. The women were fitted for uniforms, interviewed, assigned to companies and barracks and inoculated against disease during the first day.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1025478 Nov 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if you had really served in the military, you would know that you serve where you are told to serve, not where you want to serve...even if that is non-combat rather than combat...
actually I volunteered for service in many areas where I wasm't assigned. I could have stayed state side on 3 occassions but was a complete idiot (according to my Mom) actually she had a lot stronger words

Bozeman, MT

#1025479 Nov 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Women's Army Auxion 15 May 1942 - Public Law 554
G^lt was "head nurse"
You prove yet again to be nothing more than an immature name-caller, the Topix world's equivalent to a mosquito.

Bozeman, MT

#1025480 Nov 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Desperate is the word.
Apparently, they feel the economy and jobs are just fine!!!
No, that would be Realtime. He's the one trying to convince everyone here that the economy is 'red hot.'

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#1025481 Nov 17, 2013
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Using mediamatters as a source for anything honest is about as intelligent as you using the Onion and the Comedy Channel as sources.....perfect example of why liberals are so easily sold on anything Obama says.
They should watch The Orion Conspiracy...
LCNLin

United States

#1025482 Nov 17, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually I volunteered for service in many areas where I wasm't assigned. I could have stayed state side on 3 occassions but was a complete idiot (according to my Mom) actually she had a lot stronger words
Those who serve do not need to weave and dodge the question
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1025483 Nov 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What nerve and guts do you need to serve in the country's military during a time of no major conflict? It takes more nerve and guts to study law at a top rated university. Now, THAT is scary.
not really, if admitted legitimately...but perhaps true if one is an unqualified quota student....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr L Morales 71,302
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 1 hr L Morales 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr homo thon 182,296
Southern Illinois Supports Police 1 hr Does not matter 1
Holiday Greetings 3 hr Daddy Warbucks 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 98,886
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 4 hr Did enuf die 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance