Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
941,121 - 941,140 of 1,084,889 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now, we all know what "Period" means to a libturd. It means they are lying.
Do you know what the definition of "is" is?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Liberalism is dead!!! democRATs deserve BETTER than a fraud Obama bin Lyin, the Snake Oil salesman who hood winks the ignorant, poor and dupes fools like Patrick and that old woman...
Strange demokRATs and that old woman would embrace failure as an Obama bin Lyin hallmark or accomplishment....
It's the culture...
The problem is, they keep voting for these fools. We can't save them from their own stupidity.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of throwing people under the bus, have you heard about this new thing called Obamacare?
Fixing the website and obamakkkare will only delay the inevitable and as time ticks on more and more will die because of OBAMACARE !!!

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the little princesses should get knocked up so that they can demonstrate the value of free abortion on demand....
Say what you want about Obama and the dems, but please their children should be off-limits.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
amusing ...tea party types seem still unhappy with the A CA ?
Apparently O'bama can simply change his mind at any time and decide that insurance companies are suddenly engaged in mass criminal activities which can then be prosecuted under the law as it is written. I have said it over and over, O'bama wants the United States to be a land of criminals. The market is now destablized, the economy is going to get worse--Banana Republic dictatorships start exactly the way O'bama is going. It has nothing to do with O'bama and his care. You fool.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text>Progressivism was the reform movement that ran from the late 19th century through the first decades of the 20th century, during which leading intellectuals and social reformers in the United States sought to address the economic, political, and cultural questions that had arisen in the context of the rapid changes brought with the Industrial Revolution and the growth of modern capitalism in America. The Progressives believed that these changes marked the end of the old order and required the creation of a new order appropriate for the new industrial age.
There are, of course, many different representations of Progressivism: the literature of Upton Sinclair, the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright, the history of Charles Beard, the educational system of John Dewey. In politics and political thought, the movement is associated with political leaders such as Woodrow Wilson and Theodore Roosevelt and thinkers such as Herbert Croly and Charles Merriam.
While the Progressives differed in their assessment of the problems and how to resolve them, they generally shared in common the view that government at every level must be actively involved in these reforms. The existing constitutional system was outdated and must be made into a dynamic, evolving instrument of social change, aided by scientific knowledge and the development of administrative bureaucracy.
At the same time, the old system was to be opened up and made more democratic; hence, the direct elections of Senators, the open primary, the initiative and referendum. It also had to be made to provide for more revenue; hence, the Sixteenth Amendment and the progressive income tax.
Presidential leadership would provide the unity of direction -- the vision -- needed for true progressive government. "All that progressives ask or desire," wrote Woodrow Wilson, "is permission -- in an era when development, evolution, is a scientific word -- to interpret the Constitution according to the Darwinian principle; all they ask is recognition of the fact that a nation is a living thing and not a machine."
“We must all obey the great law of change. It is the most powerful law of nature, and the means perhaps of its conservation.”

Edmund Burke. often regarded as the father of modern conservatism. though not by the tea party it seems. they think it's Rush Limbaugh.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
Ted Cruz Emerges as Favorite for 2016 Election in Value Voters Straw Polls
Associated Press Monday Oct 14, 2013
Seeking a new generation of leaders, social conservatives are looking for a lot more than opposition to gay marriage and abortion.
An annual summit of faith leaders and conservative activists gave a platform to a new wave of Republican leaders, who derided President Barack Obama’s health care law, his steering of the economy and foreign policy along with a more traditional litany of social issues.
In what amounted to an audition, Senate Republicans like Ted Cruz of Texas described a nation teetering on "the edge of a cliff" while Rand Paul of Kentucky said U.S. foreign policy needed to stop a "war on Christianity." Mike Lee of Utah said the nation’s economic problems represented "moral threats" to the stability of families.
http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php...
If not for Obama bin Lyin, Ted Cruz and the Tea Party would not have been a great success..
Liberalism us dead!!!
It's the culture...
value voters?

LMAO
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again Carol you've shown what an ignorant despicable excuse for a human being you are. The majority of those who receive government benefits like SNAP, AFDC and Medicaid are the working poor. Those that toil at low wage jobs for companies like Wal-Mart or McDonalds. They're the people that do the menial tasks that the cosmically clueless like you take for granted. They're the people who clean up after folks in the food court at the local mall, the office cleaners and the dishwashers at restaurants.
Stop calling yourself a Christian Carol, you're not even close. You and John Galt are cut from the same cloth but at least he's honest about who he is. If you think that being anti abortion and anti gay is going to allow you to simply sail through those pearly gates then you're sadly mistaken. I'm fairly sure that the God I worship is going to take a closer look at the hate that's festering in your soul and make a very different decision.
Then why isn't Obama working on creating full-time jobs, with healthcare benefits, that pay livable wages, instead of creating part-time, low wage jobs, and getting people thrown off of their health insurance?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Fixing the website and obamakkkare will only delay the inevitable and as time ticks on more and more will die because of OBAMACARE !!!
Liberalism is dead!!
It's the culture...
I wonder how many dems will break ranks today?
The DP

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Obama could walk my dog with a poop bag. He is qualified.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Former Bush Officials Eagerly Compare Obamacare Rollout To Hurricane Katrina

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/former-...

i'm sure FOX will disagree but if you're much hated Bush official.....you should take whatever you can get.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again Carol you've shown what an ignorant despicable excuse for a human being you are. The majority of those who receive government benefits like SNAP, AFDC and Medicaid are the working poor. Those that toil at low wage jobs for companies like Wal-Mart or McDonalds. They're the people that do the menial tasks that the cosmically clueless like you take for granted. They're the people who clean up after folks in the food court at the local mall, the office cleaners and the dishwashers at restaurants.
Stop calling yourself a Christian Carol, you're not even close. You and John Galt are cut from the same cloth but at least he's honest about who he is. If you think that being anti abortion and anti gay is going to allow you to simply sail through those pearly gates then you're sadly mistaken. I'm fairly sure that the God I worship is going to take a closer look at the hate that's festering in your soul and make a very different decision.
Hey STUPID!

Carol is talking about the ones that abuse the system.

I just love the way an idiot like you instantly goes into narcissistic mode, whipping out your fake, plastic liberal Christian hypocrisy.

GOD nor any religion doesn't say you have to be STUPID, like you.

Speaking of stupid, how is Sweden doing, moron? Were they doing "just fine" when they were having their 5th day of riots?

You are a liar and an idiot!

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
value voters?
LMAO
Why are you putting up the new poll?
Who do you trust more when it comes to healthcare?
Congressional Republicans: 43%
O'bama the dictator: 42%

Yep that's where we are at. And that was an over-sampling (once again) of democrats.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Brain Dead libtard propaganda post # 1 - ROTFLMAO!!!!
sonicfilter wrote:
i'm sure FOX will disagree but if you're much hated Bush official.....you should take whatever you can get.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is talking about the less fortunate. Safety nets have always been in place because we are a compassionate people. Charities and government programs we all gladly pay for as well as ER visits because no one is denied medical care in this country which taxpayers also pay for are meant to help the less fortunate. And private contributions make a huge difference.
We're talking about big government, aka Obama, opening the floodgates of welfare to anyone and everyone and it becoming a permanent lifestyle with no personal responsibility or conscience in doing so.
Do you have ANY idea how much money is wasted on fraud and abuse in the welfare system? Now would be a good time to look it up if you don't. Pick any source of your choosing.
Well Carol. according to statistics by the Labor Department under the Improper Payments Information Act, fraud was prevalent in 2.67% of government payments to welfare recipients. That's less than three people out of one hundred that are bilking the system.
But let's look at some really big time waste and fraud that occurred during the previous administration.
Megacontractor KBR (a.k.a. the contractor formerly known as Halliburton) was paid at least $36.3 billion to provide base support in Iraq for the past eight years. That's slightly less than the government bailouts for Bank of America and Citigroup. But then, the banks eventually returned the money. The commission report details numerous examples of waste by KBR. Where to begin?
There's the kickback from the subcontractors who were awarded a $700 million dining deal in Iraq.(The Department of Justice has filed a claim against KBR for that.) Then there's the $5 million spent on 144 KBR mechanics who worked as little as 43 minutes a month, on average. Inspectors have found that KBR can't account for $100 million worth of its government-furnished property in Iraq. Despite collecting $204 million for electrical work on Iraq bases, KBR's shoddy wiring has been blamed in as many as 12 soldiers' electrocution deaths, including a Special Forces commando who died after he was shocked in a shower stall. The company has also billed Uncle Sam a half-billion dollars to hire Blackwater to provide personal security in Iraq.
To keep their profit margins fat, military contractors tend to subcontract on cheap labor from poor nations, a practice that's led to "forced labor, slavery, and sexual exploitation," the commission says. In a trip to Iraq in 2009, commissioners learned about the mostly African and South American guards hired by companies like Triple Canopy, SABRE, and EODT to provide security on big US bases. Among their discoveries: Guards were often ill-equipped, worked unusually long tours with 12-hour shifts, were denied their one-month vacations, and weren't paid until their contracts were finished, essentially forcing them to endure their assignments to the end. The government paid SABRE $1,700 per guard; in turn, SABRE paid its Ugandan recruits $700 a month and pocketed the difference.
A congressional report found that war planners have wasted as much as $60 billion on contract fraud and abuse in Iraq and Afghanistan, about $1 for every $3.50 spent on contractors in those countries over the last decade.
So go ahead Carol, keep pissing and moaning about your imaginary "massive" fraud in programs that help the poor but totally ignore the waste of taxpayer money that occurred under the Bush administration.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
really? can anyone be more stupid. It's like the blacks comparing themselves to the Holocaust.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>really? can anyone be more stupid. It's like the blacks comparing themselves to the Holocaust.
yeah, i'm not really sure what the Bush officials are thinking. Obama's poll numbers are nowhere near 22%.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
value voters?
LMAO
Social Media facebook hates obamakare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks, losers, and Hispanics...

https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...

"Carole Pratt facebook:- I have had my own private policy that I will not be able to afford to keep once the rates triple per the letter I received from Humana. I'm not eligible for "affordable" coverage on the exchange, don't qualify for subsidy. I am living, documented proof this is system will not work for me. No propaganda here."

Addie Cola facebook:- I'm 26 and uninsured and I refuse to sign up for this disaster. October 21 at 1:00pm via mobile

Janet King Beckett facebook:- Again, the Affordable Health Care Act is not for everyone. I found that out when I discovered the BRoNZE plan would cost us $6K each in my family. And that's the bottom of the barrel plan. Good luck y'all!!! We are all screwed because of this stupid government program. Another tax on the middle class!!

It's actually better obama got reelected, eat his own shit and lies, get all the blame for obamakare and failure for the next 3 years than blaming Republicans and Romney for sabotage you idiot

If not for obamakare, Ted Cruz and the Tea Party would not have been a great success..

AND... when we Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you putting up the new poll?
Who do you trust more when it comes to healthcare?
Congressional Republicans: 43%
O'bama the dictator: 42%
Yep that's where we are at. And that was an over-sampling (once again) of democrats.
cite it.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
But, hey, on a much happier note, I bought a motorcycle helmet last night when hubby bought his.
He gets his license to drive a motorcycle next week, and we're good to go.
Vroom...vroom...vroom...born to be wild...senior easy rider...that's me...hitting the open road...well, not literally I hope.
I'll have a car for transportation 24/7 for my part-time job and treasure hunting in thrift shops.
Just couldn't be happier....and thought I'd share it.
Be safe Carol. I gave up riding when I literally hit the road bouncing off the fender of someone who thought he could pass me in the same lane I was in and then took off. Riding to the ER with a broken right wrist took some doing but I managed to get there.
Happy treasure hunting also. A couple of weeks ago I was in a Goodwill store in Hadley Massachusetts and found a book from the Government Printing Office celebrating the centennial of the establishment of the seat of government in the District of Columbia. It was printed in 1901 which makes it 112 years old and it has many engravings and maps and lists all of the celebrations, parades and galas that marked the occasion. Price less than $10. It has a prominent place in my library.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Lollapalooza Music Festival is War on Cultu... 4 min Culture Auditor 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 21 min andet1987 485
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 31 min TRD 68,104
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min Terry rigsby 49,032
Ask Amy 8-1-14 50 min loose cannon 17
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Ghhh 68,457
Abby 8-1-14 1 hr Cass 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••