Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCNLin

United States

#1024344 Nov 15, 2013
Homer wrote:
Hello morans* and normal people.
*I'm dropping 'rightwing' from my greeting as I believe it's assumed, basically saying rightwing morans is redundant.
I hope no one is offended.
morons seems afraid somehow, someone, somewhere will get health care who does not deserve it
as they are Not a fetus.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1024345 Nov 15, 2013
"You show me a rightwinger and I will show you someone with an open mouth and flies circling..." - Homer(I) 2016

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1024346 Nov 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans' worst nightmare is that Obamacare will be successful. Obama has three years to make it work and the only way Republicans can do anything about it is to win control of both the House and Senate. If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath.
IMO, insurance companies will go along with Obama's latest order to allow lousy plans to continue until Healthcare.gov is working at full capacity. Those "steady and predictable profits in perpetuity" under Obamacare are too attractive to risk losing.
Actually, it's already a Democrats' nightmare because they know it isn't and there's no way it ever will be.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1024347 Nov 15, 2013
No Line DANCING no FUNKY CHICKEN, NO WOP, MASH POTATO,no do the Hustle non of the celebration dance the Obama supporters have been doing the house and the ROOF is ON FIRE LET THE MOTHER FATHER BURN BARAK BUSh IS SMART AS COUSIN GEORGE BUSH same SCRIPT CONFUSION ANOTHER WAR IS NEXT FALSE FLAG COMING SOON PROTECT YOUR FAMILIES BARAK BUSH WHERE IS YOUR SCHOOL RECORDS WE REALLY NEED TO CHECK IF YOU EVEN GOT A GED BARAK BUSH
LCNLin

United States

#1024348 Nov 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK if voluntary, but ObamaKKKare is Communism...
with the limp of a wrist
nobama runs away.

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1024349 Nov 15, 2013
Obama is routinely altering "the law of the land".

But when Tea Party complaints on that bad law then we are told "shout up, it is the law of the land, now."

See? Liberals are hypocrites.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024350 Nov 15, 2013
lily takes the family shopping?

"Boca Raton Toys 'R' Us theft: Video shows family stealing from store"

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_s_palm_be...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1024352 Nov 15, 2013
The BARAk BUSh SUPPORTERS are really into S&M because the more Barry Bush puts the screws to them the more they say thank you Mamm can I have another

Orlando, FL

#1024353 Nov 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Obama is threatening to veto a bill that makes what he stated yesterday legal and...
he will veto it.
Obama is dishonest in his promises.
If he does, he's just going to piss off more democrats -'scuse my French - and it could be the tipping point when they dethrone him.

They are the ones who have to do that. They created this monster, choose your meaning, so it's up to them to save themselves from it and, thus, the rest of the country.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1024354 Nov 15, 2013
Pelosi is even in damage control. States she never made the "like it; keep it" pledge despite her website stating ..."Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them."

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1024355 Nov 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Here is another case where the RINOs are sabotaging the Republican Party. In the impeachment of Eric Holder, instead of impeaching him for lying to Congress, a felony that gets you sent to prison, the RINOs agree to go along with impeachment under the conditions that Eric Holder not be impeached for a felony, but for non enforcement of a law that has a political bias and most people are not concerned about.
RINOs are Democrats engaged in sabotage. The Republicans need to get rid of them.
Hate-triot republicans have a sordid history of crying "impeachment" every time things don't go their way. As another poster always say, "It's the culture."

Orlando, FL

#1024356 Nov 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
morons seems afraid somehow, someone, somewhere will get health care who does not deserve it
as they are Not a fetus.
No, that's not it at all. Especially when the CBO projected 30 million will still be uninsured under Obamacare and the government will screw up medical care beyond recognition and the IRS will have all of our personal information while wringing their hands because they're impotent to do anything about enforcing the law.

Now...the much better solution...as we've said all along...is to lower the costs of health care to make it more affordable for everyone and let the free market have a chance to cover the pre-existing conditions part and to provide employer-free health insurance first.

Then the government won't ruin anymore lives and the IRS can just go back to worrying about collecting our taxes with complete anonymity. Because tax reform is never on the liberals' agenda either.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1024357 Nov 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
as they are Not a fetus.
Yeah, that's it. LOL. You are really on a WHINE this morning.

Location hidden

#1024358 Nov 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
that's mature, scumbag.

"Scumbag". Really? You think that is a mature response? LMAO. Your brain really has yet to develop fully.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1024359 Nov 15, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Obama promised not to enforce the law, Obamacare- "the law of the land", so people won't lose their insurance!
Dictator wanna-be to by-pass Congress AGAIN!
All the Liar in Chief did yesterday was shift blame from himself to the insurance providers - nothing more, nothing less.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024360 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>With folks like Amy Kremer, Jenny Beth Martin, L Brent Bozell and Lloyd Marcus on vocals, how can the tea party go wrong?
Bill Maher...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024361 Nov 15, 2013
Obama and herding the cats...

"Obamacare advocate poised to become next U.S. surgeon general"

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/obamacare-advocate-p...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1024362 Nov 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As an older sibling would say to a younger brat...hush or I'll knock your ice-cream on the floor.
Now go tell mama what I said.
'hush or I'll knock your ice-cream on the floor.'

"Bullying, it's the new Republican agenda" - Homer(I) 2016
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1024363 Nov 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Scumbag". Really? You think that is a mature response? LMAO. Your brain really has yet to develop fully.
I am sure you know you are one, so why do you act surprised?

You display vile hate, but in a sneaky, coy, and not so bright way.

What's wrong with someone being honest and direct, scumbag?

Location hidden

#1024364 Nov 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Ah! The cackling of reich wing nuts!
Such scared little chickadees!
They are sooo comical!! After voting four dozen times to repeal Obamacare and shutting down the government, they just can't contain their glee. In their pea brains, their negativism has been rewarded. They are completely blinded to the facts.....Obama will not allow Hatetriots to repeal Obamacare. It's not going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min OzRitz 52,999
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 187,763
Are Jews Robbing America (May '10) 2 hr joey 5
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 69,782
abby may 3-15 7 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Amy May 3-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Doug77 5,946
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]