Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1023981 Nov 14, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never had to fix anything? No mistakes? So even all of your 26,000+ dumbass posts are all perfect?
You really aren't very smart.
now your putting me up next to Obama. You really are losing it. Back in your box, mini me.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1023982 Nov 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I choose you to defend the hidden marriage tax in Obamacare.
But I'll get back to you later on that.
Heritage? as usual.
LCNLin

United States

#1023983 Nov 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
that the Democrats won't forget.
Seems funny as the A C A is much more popular than the teaparty
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023984 Nov 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
topix answer to first grade history on his part?
Seems "We can admit that there are some real, deep, fundamental problems with this president." James Carville.

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1023985 Nov 14, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The lame stream media along with demokRATs and Obama bin Lyin caving have joined Ted Cruz and the Tea Party... demokRATs selling out, jumping ship, extending the cancellation of Healthcare policies!
Liberalism is dead!!
It's the culture...
Watch forum audience laugh at Ted Cruz for claiming he ‘didn’t want a shutdown’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/14/watch-f...

only baggers are stupid enough to think that America has gone nutjob crazy.

though maybe it's just wishful thinking.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023986 Nov 14, 2013
Liberakism is dead!!

Social Media facebook hates obamakare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks, losers, and Hispanics...

https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...

"Carole Pratt facebook:- I have had my own private policy that I will not be able to afford to keep once the rates triple per the letter I received from Humana. I'm not eligible for "affordable" coverage on the exchange, don't qualify for subsidy. I am living, documented proof this is system will not work for me. No propaganda here."

Addie Cola facebook:- I'm 26 and uninsured and I refuse to sign up for this disaster. October 21 at 1:00pm via mobile

Janet King Beckett facebook:- Again, the Affordable Health Care Act is not for everyone. I found that out when I discovered the BRoNZE plan would cost us $6K each in my family. And that's the bottom of the barrel plan. Good luck y'all!!! We are all screwed because of this stupid government program. Another tax on the middle class!!

If not for Obama bin Lyin, Ted Cruz and the Tea Party would not have been a great success..

AND... when we Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and 24/7 moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023987 Nov 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it!!! Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
You voted for the winner and liar Obama bin Lyin and still lost making you a bigger loser you idiot.. How's that working out for you dumbass?

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1023988 Nov 14, 2013
It Wasn’t Broke, But Obama Fixed It Anyway

Bending to pressure, Obama announced a patch to health-care reform that will avoid more cancelled plans. But the plans were cancelled for a reason.

....Indeed, one reason not to jump on the GOP train of “solutions” to Obamacare’s current woes—besides the fact that, as Boehner said today, they’re designed to undermine the law—is that the cancellation letters aren’t a problem. As Matthew Yglesias noted in a column for Slate,“it never made financial sense for the insurer to actually pay up in the case of major illness.” Most of the “plans” cancelled by insurers were junk—plans that gave peace of mind to consumers, but wouldn’t help them in the case of an emergency. They shouldn’t have been sold in the first place. And indeed, as Obama noted, part of the reason for health-care reform was that insurers were refusing to cover care for the millions of Americans who purchased these plans. Under the Affordable Care Act, this can no longer happen.

Five million Americans received cancellation notices. They account for a third of the roughly 15 million people in the individual insurance market, or just 1.6 percent of all Americans. And while some of them had perfectly adequate coverage, many were riding along with policies that would fail them if they got sick, ruining their financial security.

Yes, there’s no fun in receiving a cancellation notice, and yes, folks will have to pay more for coverage in the exchanges (though, it’s important to note that many are eligible for subsidies, and it’s always possible to expand subsidies for those who aren’t). But the truth is that these cancellations are a small price to pay for an insurance system that actually provides for people who are sick or injured, and doesn’t saddle them with tens of thousands of dollars in debt.

No, President Obama shouldn’t dismiss the anger of this small minority, but we also shouldn’t pretend that the current situation is worst than the past. It isn’t.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...

so once again, for the umpteenth time, Obama caves to right wing pressure for no good reason.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023989 Nov 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems funny as the A C A is much more popular than the teaparty
It's easier to lie and try to fool people Patrick, than to cnvince them you have NOT been fooled and duped by Obama bin Lyin you idiot..

If not for obamakare, Ted Cruz and the Tea Party would not have been a great success!!..

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
Jessup

United States

#1023990 Nov 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
no preexisting conditions exemptions should be permitted.
Galt has run away from you :-)
Wax - poste de merde la même chose tous les jours, comme cela semble retardé
No, you clearly are the retarded one, LOL.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1023991 Nov 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems funny as the A C A is much more popular than the teaparty
every poll they cite has higher numbers than the Tea Party polls.

the part they always leave out that i always have to bring up.

funny how that works.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1023992 Nov 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I've read the reports. He was honorably discharged. The F-102 was being retired and there was insufficient time to retrain on another aircraft. You've been slickered again!!!
""In September 2004, Lawrence Korb, an Assistant Secretary of Defense under President Ronald Reagan, after reviewing the payroll records for Bush's last two years of service, concluded that they indicated that Bush did not fulfill his obligations and could have been ordered to active duty as a result."

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/ro...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023993 Nov 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
It Wasn’t Broke, But Obama Fixed It Anyway
Bending to pressure, Obama announced a patch to health-care reform that will avoid more cancelled plans. But the plans were cancelled for a reason.
....Indeed, one reason not to jump on the GOP train of “solutions” to Obamacare’s current woes—besides the fact that, as Boehner said today, they’re designed to undermine the law—is that the cancellation letters aren’t a problem. As Matthew Yglesias noted in a column for Slate,“it never made financial sense for the insurer to actually pay up in the case of major illness.” Most of the “plans” cancelled by insurers were junk—plans that gave peace of mind to consumers, but wouldn’t help them in the case of an emergency. They shouldn’t have been sold in the first place. And indeed, as Obama noted, part of the reason for health-care reform was that insurers were refusing to cover care for the millions of Americans who purchased these plans. Under the Affordable Care Act, this can no longer happen.
Five million Americans received cancellation notices. They account for a third of the roughly 15 million people in the individual insurance market, or just 1.6 percent of all Americans. And while some of them had perfectly adequate coverage, many were riding along with policies that would fail them if they got sick, ruining their financial security.
Yes, there’s no fun in receiving a cancellation notice, and yes, folks will have to pay more for coverage in the exchanges (though, it’s important to note that many are eligible for subsidies, and it’s always possible to expand subsidies for those who aren’t). But the truth is that these cancellations are a small price to pay for an insurance system that actually provides for people who are sick or injured, and doesn’t saddle them with tens of thousands of dollars in debt.
No, President Obama shouldn’t dismiss the anger of this small minority, but we also shouldn’t pretend that the current situation is worst than the past. It isn’t.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...
so once again, for the umpteenth time, Obama caves to right wing pressure for no good reason.
Obamacare Will Be Repealed Well In Advance Of The 2014 Elections. And if the website continues to fail, the push for repeal—from endangered Democrats—will occur very rapidly. The website is a sideshow: the real action is the number of people and businesses who are losing their health plans or having to pay a lot more.

Fixing the website will only delay the inevitable and as time ticks on more and more will die because of OBAMACARE !!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenhayward/201...

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
LCNLin

United States

#1023994 Nov 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
It Wasn’t Broke, But Obama Fixed It Anyway
Bending to pressure, Obama announced a patch to health-care reform that will avoid more cancelled plans. But the plans were cancelled for a reason.
....Indeed, one reason not to jump on the GOP train of “solutions” to Obamacare’s current woes—besides the fact that, as Boehner said today, they’re designed to undermine the law—is that the cancellation letters aren’t a problem. As Matthew Yglesias noted in a column for Slate,“it never made financial sense for the insurer to actually pay up in the case of major illness.” Most of the “plans” cancelled by insurers were junk—plans that gave peace of mind to consumers, but wouldn’t help them in the case of an emergency. They shouldn’t have been sold in the first place. And indeed, as Obama noted, part of the reason for health-care reform was that insurers were refusing to cover care for the millions of Americans who purchased these plans. Under the Affordable Care Act, this can no longer happen.
Five million Americans received cancellation notices. They account for a third of the roughly 15 million people in the individual insurance market, or just 1.6 percent of all Americans. And while some of them had perfectly adequate coverage, many were riding along with policies that would fail them if they got sick, ruining their financial security.
Yes, there’s no fun in receiving a cancellation notice, and yes, folks will have to pay more for coverage in the exchanges (though, it’s important to note that many are eligible for subsidies, and it’s always possible to expand subsidies for those who aren’t). But the truth is that these cancellations are a small price to pay for an insurance system that actually provides for people who are sick or injured, and doesn’t saddle them with tens of thousands of dollars in debt.
No, President Obama shouldn’t dismiss the anger of this small minority, but we also shouldn’t pretend that the current situation is worst than the past. It isn’t.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...
so once again, for the umpteenth time, Obama caves to right wing pressure for no good reason.
Excellent post
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023995 Nov 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch forum audience laugh at Ted Cruz for claiming he ‘didn’t want a shutdown’
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/14/watch-f...
only baggers are stupid enough to think that America has gone nutjob crazy.
though maybe it's just wishful thinking.
If you voted for Obama… you are part of the problem.

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023997 Nov 14, 2013
Had Romney got elected Romney would have done a better job implementing obamakare, than obama...

If you voted for Obama… you are part of the problem...

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
Zionist Communism

Waynesboro, MS

#1023998 Nov 14, 2013
If you think voting will solve the problem....

You're a dumbàss!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1023999 Nov 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it!!! Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
so much for your grandfathered bullsh
"Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”

None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered"

stupid shee

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1024000 Nov 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Flack respond? Speak Russian, he might go for it!!
what a hog. Don't you ever say anything worthwhile, likyskank?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1024001 Nov 14, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Dept of Energy weatherization program!!!!
Throw millions at the problem....
Look what they get!!!!
"We found that 14 of the 15 homes we visited in conjunction with CEDA inspectors failed final inspection because of poor workmanship and/or inadequate initial assessments."
http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/igprod/doc...
Great to see the U.S. Department of Energy holding grant recipients accountable by auditing and monitoring their work!!! Refreshing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min red and right 52,897
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,715
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 187,426
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 5,919
Important! 3 hr Vote 1
Dear Abby 4-27-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 10
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Michael Satterfield 99,364
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]