Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1459778 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1022722 Nov 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Jon Stewart had a field day Monday mocking both "60 Minutes" for airing a discredited report on the attack in Benghazi, Libya and a Republican senator who exploited the segment.
After what initially appeared to be an explosive report turned out to be "total bullsh*t," Stewart took on "60 Minutes," which he said "sort of acknowledged" the error on Sunday.
Stewart found it amusing that the program finally considered the "is it true question" after the Benghazi report aired.
The "Daily Show" host also noted that "60 Minutes" is "not the only victim here." Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) hyped the report, which spurred his vow to block every Obama administration appointee until survivors of the Benghazi attack testify before Congress.
The senator's response to the "60 Minutes" retraction gave Stewart an excuse to employ his finest southern accents.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jon-ste...
This sounds like you really, really want to answer this question:

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1022723 Nov 12, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
If supporting your family isn't more important to you then a president telling you to "Read my lips, no new taxes." then you are either a liar, single or a moron, or maybe all three like you.
So, Bush41 had to cave in to the Democrats and go against his promise, and he's as evil as you can get. On the other hand, Obama is a pathological liar who will even lie to cover up an Al Qaeda terrorist attack on the United States and you worship him.
When was the last time you heard anything even resembling the truth come out of Obama's mouth?

YOu use the word liar as if it's something really bad. Well, I've got a question for you.

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1022724 Nov 12, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of crap again Carol! Only three of the proposals in the Contract with America were signed by Clinton. Three were successfully vetoed by him with one veto being overridden. One proposal, the line item veto was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. So in all only three proposals ever made it into law.
ClintonÂ’s major contribution was pushing through the 1993 budget bill, which began to reduce what had become a chronic string of federal deficits. Republicans denounced it as the "largest tax increase in history," though in fact it was not a record and also contained some cuts in projected spending. Republican Rep. Newt Gingrich predicted: "The tax increase will kill jobs and lead to a recession, and the recession will force people off of work and onto unemployment and will actually increase the deficit." But just the opposite happened. Fears of inflation waned and interest rates fell, making money cheaper to borrow for homes, cars and investment. What had been a slow economic recovery turned into a roaring boom, bringing in so much unanticipated tax revenue from rising incomes and stock-market gains that the government actually was running record surpluses by the time Clinton left office.
You were a history teacher? Really?
I didn't see anything in your post about Clinton threatening to veto the budgets over welfare reform, then caving to the Republican budgets when the entire country thought he was an idiot, and the 1994 elections were a very predictable slaughter. Also, that was the year of HillaryCare and the Jocylyn Elders clown act. That was also the year of the Samalis made Clinton look like an ignorant buffoon.
That was also the years Clinton's idiocy caused the sitting Speaker of the House to lose the election in his district for the first time in the history of the United States.
You really need a history lesson. You don't know shit about American history.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1022725 Nov 12, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Im a scared of you lololololhahahahaha wrong wrong wrong on all accounts you seem to only try and attack those of a different point of VIEW I notice all obama supports have perfects Grammer one sided BIGOTS RACISTS LEOSANUS
lol!You should look at your side once in a while...

... well, at least once anyway!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1022726 Nov 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use my Cherry Picker.
Virgins don't appeal to me.
lol! Son, you can't have it both ways!

So obviously, you're a cherry picker!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1022727 Nov 12, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts are like elevator music. They just drone on and on. I could train a chimp to cut and paste this [email protected]
lol! Then please son...

... go ahead and prove you're truthful... for once!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1022728 Nov 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Bush41 had to cave in to the Democrats and go against his promise, and he's as evil as you can get. On the other hand, Obama is a pathological liar who will even lie to cover up an Al Qaeda terrorist attack on the United States and you worship him.
When was the last time you heard anything even resembling the truth come out of Obama's mouth?
YOu use the word liar as if it's something really bad. Well, I've got a question for you.
"Cave to Democrats?"

HW knew taxes had to go up.

So did your hero Reagan but he didn't have the guts to do it & dumped it onto HW.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1022729 Nov 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds like you really, really want to answer this question:
There was no lie
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1022730 Nov 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Watch Obama and you'll learn something about problem solving?? LMFAO....
Bush flew fighter jets you idiot... Obama drives golf carts and relies on teleprompters... See the difference you dumbass??
It's the culture...
That "watch and learn lame-o post would be on par level with an ozombieTic type---- parrot imitating and resquawking Christie, from he interviews last week.

Stoopid idiots.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1022731 Nov 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no lie
Just gross incompetence then, eh DUH A Vey?
OBAMA SHUT DOWN GOV

Louisburg, NC

#1022732 Nov 12, 2013
Bill Clinton to President: Keep Your Promise on Obamacare

Tuesday, 12 Nov 2013 02:14 PM

By Melanie Batley
Share:
More ...
A A |
Email Us |
Print |
Forward Article

inShare

Former President Bill Clinton added to the pressure on President Barack Obama Tuesday to make good on his pledge that people would be able to keep their current healthcare plans if they wanted to, after many received cancellation notices from their insurance carriers.

"I personally believe, even if it takes a change in the law, the president should honor the commitment that the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got," Clinton said in an interview with OZY Media founder Carlos Watson.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obamacare-cl...

Obama shut down the gov over this because the GOP
wanted to delay obama care for 1 year!
Obama lies again and again,same old shit!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1022733 Nov 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no lie
Blaming it on a video was a lie, and Obama did that for two weeks.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1022734 Nov 12, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Blaming it on a video was a lie, and Obama did that for two weeks.
I must have missed that.

Oh wait! It must be con mass hysteria!
john paul

Coimbatore, India

#1022735 Nov 12, 2013
What type of story is this?
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1022736 Nov 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably the only one who would read anything from that crazy
Rhandi Rhodes, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, etc...Stop drinking now, lily.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1022737 Nov 12, 2013
Republicans will salute America's veterans Monday, while simultaneously trying to deny them benefits. In addition to reducing housing aid, and denying health care to vets, the GOP is also trying to remove thousands of vets from the food stamp program, known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/11/veter...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1022738 Nov 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I must have missed that.
Oh wait! It must be con mass hysteria!
I hope Sarah Palin runs for President!

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1022739 Nov 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>What would it have gained if those jobs & profits were here in the US?

Dumbass.

One our of three manufacturing jobs were lost under the Bush Administration.

Republicans give manufacturers a tax break for taking jobs overseas.
Which crated room for more information technology management jobs in here, you idiot!

Drop the carburetor and fix the compueters!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1022740 Nov 12, 2013
Started my new part-time job this afternoon. Just wanted to share that.

And, once again, yes, I am on payroll - not getting paid under the table.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1022741 Nov 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no lie
Big time lie. Someone should probably tell you they knew the 9/11/2012 attack on the embassy wasn't because of a video...might as well be me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min loose cannon 231,173
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min OzRitz 62,342
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min F_R_E_D 104,547
Are democrats destroyed? 29 min Push A ROPE 11
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 36 min Shytcago-s Bloody 19
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Homer 6,840
News Community Mourns Chicago Boxer After Fatal Shoo... 3 hr But But But 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages