Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383879 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1021978 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>These men believe and support your right to bear arms: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Kennedy, Bush...
These liberals "OPPOSE" your belief and right to bear arms: Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez, Hitler, Obama.
Who do you trust old woman?
It's the culture...
Well, first of all Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Hamilton lived in a different time and place when assault weapons didn't exist. Your references to Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez and Hitler is just plain laughable as they, too, lived in a different time and place where the 2nd amendment wasn't an issue. And, your omission of Reagan is lying by omission...most telling.

Get real! Gun Control didn't even become an issue until after Kennedy's assassination.

OBAMA, Oct. 2012: "We're a nation that believes in the Second Amendment, and I believe in the Second Amendment. We've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and people who want to make sure they can protect themselves. My belief is that we have to enforce the laws we've already got, make sure that we're keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement. But weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced."

REAGAN, 1989:“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

BUSH: "I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban and was told the bill was never going to move. I believe law-abiding citizens ought to be able to own a gun. I believe in background checks."

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1021979 Nov 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tyson exported $6 billion worth last year__was Carol your math teacher?
Hah, albumen
Stick to your field of expertise, pigs, squeeler. oink,oink
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021980 Nov 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are specified in the law.
You will find the list in Sec. 1302,(b) Essential Health Benefit Requirements.
page 59; http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppa...
Did the idiots who voted for this abortion realize that it would result in the cancellation of tens of millions of insurance policies/

“no one told me”

Denver

#1021981 Nov 11, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Finally!
Obama: "I’d like to apologize for lying to your faces several hundred times about keeping your plan and doctors if you liked them..."
What?
I'm dreaming?
Oh...
With Oblamer it's more like a nightmare.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021982 Nov 11, 2013
Signs the Progressive Economy is on fire!

Say it ain't so!!!

We import Cranberries!

"The United States imports some cranberries, mainly from Canada. The majority of the imported cranberries in 2012 were fresh and valued at nearly $72.8 million, a 43 percent jump from the previous year..."

http://www.agmrc.org/commodities__products/fr...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021983 Nov 11, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Skyrocketing crime rates and tax increases to fund entitlements will doom NYC.
David Dinkins all over again...

looters will run wild, just like Chicago...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021984 Nov 11, 2013

Georgia is not on our minds!

We import peaches!

"The United States imported peaches valued at around $114.1 million in 2012. The majority of the imports were processed peaches, which were valued at $90.2 million, a 4 percent increase from 2011."

“no one told me”

Denver

#1021985 Nov 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
not a problem, but there are also many Christians that reject the fundamentalist approach and deeply resent their arrogant approach to Christianity...
Numbers wise, i don't believe there's that many fundies out there. What there are out there in mass numbers are ignorant libs who can't see or admit the damage the brown shirts[aka dems] are doing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021986 Nov 11, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Holy Guacamole!
"The United States is a net importer of avocados with negligible exports. Between 1995 and 2008, the gap between imports and exports widened substantially."
lots of avocados grown in this area...super cheap at roadside stands...

“no one told me”

Denver

#1021987 Nov 11, 2013
Of course the masses who vote dem just hear freebies and don't know squat about squat.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021988 Nov 11, 2013

US is worlds largest producer of Strawberries!
The US exported... "279.4 million pounds of fresh strawberries in 2010 valued at $341 million"

then promptly IMPORTED:

"...imported 394.2 million pounds of fresh and frozen strawberries from Mexico..."

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021989 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>When posting on Topix you idiot, there is a fine line between what's on your deranged mind you inbred moron and and "You should probably see a therapist about this you retard??"
It's the culture...
lol! repeat please

“no one told me”

Denver

#1021990 Nov 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm concerned with anyone who makes enough income to pay taxes and doesn't. Two wrongs don't make a right.
whose doing that, nutjob?

WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...

allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:

• The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
• The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
• The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
• The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.

Collected taxes :$794 billion
Therapist for No Surprize

Chinese Camp, CA

#1021991 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between what's on my deranged mind and "I should probably see a therapist about this."
I'm tired of hearing all the sick stuff that makes you tick.

Time's up, Moron. That'll be $300.

Btw, feel free to shoot yourself out in the hallway. If you need a gun, borrow the one on my desk.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021992 Nov 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

OBAMA, Oct. 2012: "We're a nation that believes in the Second Amendment, and I believe in the Second Amendment. We've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and people who want to make sure they can protect themselves. My belief is that we have to enforce the laws we've already got, make sure that we're keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement. But weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced."
Obama has zero credibility on any issue...guns in particular...

just as he said nobody would lose their insurance or their doctor, you can count that he plans to take away their guns...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021993 Nov 11, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers wise, i don't believe there's that many fundies out there.
agreed, but all the more reason for Republicans to stop caving in to their ridiculous ideas...
Mr Lib

Chinese Camp, CA

#1021994 Nov 11, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
Of course the masses who vote dem just hear freebies and don't know squat about squat.
How about the elites with stock in Haliburton and Raytheon who profit off Bush's War-by-Lies in Iraq?

Blood freebies.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1021995 Nov 11, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Tired of hearing what a "master" LBJ was.
Civil rights legislation was crafted by Kennedy loyalists. All LBJ did was sign off on it. Passage wasn't the big deal some try to make it out to be. JFK's death brought on such an outpouring of support, many in both parties were determined to preserve his legacy.
I don't recall LBJ having any effect on Southern congressmen and Senators during the Civil Rights face-off.
His real "legacy" was to go along with the Pentagaon and CIA in launching an ill-fated war in Indochina. He was no liberal.
"Gentlemen, you shall have your war."

And forty years later the taxpayers continue to pay.

When they ask us how we died

Tell them

Because our fathers lied
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1021996 Nov 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Inflation, high interest rates, lousy foreign policy, micromanager, didn't like playing by the rules, rising energy prices, stagflation, created the Department of Education and Department of Energy.
The Department of Education was a payoff by Carter to teacher unions for their support. It was once part of the Department of Health, Education and Welfare where it should have stayed.
The Department of Energy has become a huge federal bureaucracy over the last 33 years and statistics prove it a colossal failure.
And then there was the "malaise speech". It was a rather depressing time. Carter didn't help to cheer us up.
Being a history teacher Carol, you should know that the economic malaise started in the final years of the Nixon administration and lasted through Fords.
Education is an important part of this country and rightfully deserves its own seat at the table. It was George W Bush who increased the reach of the Department of Education with its No Child Left Behind which ended up as a vast unfunded mandate to the states.
Energy is another important part of the economy and the 1973 oil crisis showed the need for more coordination in energy policy. Just what statistics show it to be a colossal failure Carol? Pulling things from your ass again?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021997 Nov 11, 2013
With the Progressives in charge, things get crazy!

"The United States remains the largest producer of almonds, harvesting 80 percent of the world's crop..."

but then why do we do this?

"U.S. imports of almonds remain negligible, reaching 13,125 MT in 2012. However, that quantity was a 126 percent increase from 2011. Most imported almonds come from Spain"

http://www.agmrc.org/commodities__products/nu...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Jacques Orleans 214,605
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 50 min Ize Found 70,611
News Holiday violence: 'Every time you look up, it's... 1 hr bozo 1
The USA has the SUPER RICHEST..................... 1 hr BribedBlacksVoteDem 76
Hillary's History 1 hr TheBytchGoes2Prison 72
Scary Obituary 1 hr Ronaldus Magnus 3
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 72,026
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages