Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232567 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1021445 Nov 10, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ochimpo the penius has returned!!
I saw that only one person in North Carolina signed up for ochimpocare, and then they freeloaded (big surprise) and didn't pay for it.
No way it could be anyone but a loser like you.....
"Fenris the Big Bad Wolf"
Be careful of your word usage. "ichimpo" lacks a penius. Only men have those and "ochimpo" is surely not a man.
Peace

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1021446 Nov 10, 2013
Lea wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Sherlock, This lesson is simple:
1. Detroit- who was in power and what party for how long.
Detroit is a prime example of Liberal Democrat Control which I have seen with my own eyes and Liberalism's affects and what the end product has done to Detroit.

5 Ways Liberalism Destroyed Detroit
John Hawkins | Jul 30, 2013

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1021447 Nov 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Early American History was the focus - from Jamestown to the Civil War - at the fifth grade level. Also taught math, English, spelling, creative writing, Reading and Science.
History wasn't in the curriculum teaching first and second grade.
Assigned two research projects a year in my fifth grade classes too. Teaching research skills was important to me with a creative twist. Several were shared with the entire school at assemblies and were a big success. Students did the work on their own with my supervision and experienced the joy of learning.
But teaching early American History was just one subject among.
Just to clear that up.
You taught at grade school level for nine years in a semi rural Florida district (Polk).

Just to clear that up.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1021448 Nov 10, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>these explains why you make no sense what so ever in your post.
Looks like Lily adopted Realtime's favorite word - "gibberish".

Obama lied to the American people saying they could keep their insurance and their doctor..."gibberish" .

Millions of people are now without health care because of ACA..."gibberish".

More people are going to pay more for health insurance under ACA...
"gibberish".

A shortage of doctors and millions more seeking doctors means long waits and rationed care..."gibberish".

It's all gibberish.

Orlando, FL

#1021449 Nov 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You taught at grade school level for nine years in a semi rural Florida district (Polk).
Just to clear that up.
Substituted in Illinois before moving to Florida too and taught Music Education at a private school one year. Just to get you up to snuff since you know so much about my personal life.

Always said I was an elementary school teacher mainly in Central Florida.

Was that supposed to be some kind of big revelation or something?
Lea

United States

#1021450 Nov 10, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Your close but alas whoooosh right over your head. Only the most depraved naive could ever conceive that the 2008 disaster was established after the fact.
You fail to do research to discover its roots, go back over a century ago with the fastest acceleration occurring from the 1970s and up. During each republican administration they increased finical inequality as democrats suppressed its increase or even went as far as to reverse it for a brief moment in time.{F.D.R., Truman, Clinton}
Foxy tabloid pointed malarkey no longer cuts it with those of us that have enlighten ourselves. As the weak minded naives that are continuously bought off for 30 pieces of silver to destroy their democracy, fester in the Foxs den.
Yes we must have are naives although they are dwindling away with this Spartan educational system and our ability to communicate with simple researched facts at our fingertips. Hours of research done in a matter of minutes. Yes the naive herd will continue for their will always be that group of dysfunctional human beings. Its just the nature of this beast.
Too abbreviated for you? Ok then let's go through who it was that refused to controlled the issues with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae?
Bush Administration warned repeatedly this was a serious trouble and had to be revised. But who was it that said it was in good shape and no revision or additional control was needed?

Don't stress yourself I will supply the answers yet again.

Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd. Both democrats and both up to their necks in insider shenanigans political favor and cronyism.

Where are they by the way? Did they serve one day in jail for the felonies committed?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1021452 Nov 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. Isn't that the point? I voted for him because he had the solutions to get the economy and employment back on track.
Isn't that why you voted for him?
lol! Right.......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1021453 Nov 10, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals proved they were all stupid which Obama knew the Liberals would prove to be or should I say to be the Useful Idiots when the Liberal base threw their support for Obamacare even knowing it was modeled after Romneycare but what Obama didn't want them to know and realize at the time is that Romneycare was modeled from the Conservative's Think Tank the Heritage Foundation's "Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans" Healthcare plan which all the Liberals proved was just how stupid including the Liberals in Massachusetts when they voted in the state legislature for passage of Romneycare besides if Obama would have came out and told the National Liberal Base that he supported using the Conservative Heritage Foundation Healthcare Plan which was used for Romneycare the Liberals would have been out in full force against it and attacking Obamacare saying it will not work.
October 1, 1989
Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans
http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/assu...
lol! Heritage Foundation... a right wing nut house organization!

Orlando, FL

#1021454 Nov 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You taught at grade school level for nine years in a semi rural Florida district (Polk).
Just to clear that up.
Would you like to know about some of the projects we did? I'd be more than glad to brag about my former students.

It might take up a lot of your time though.

But just say the word.
YOU the IGNORANT

Palm Coast, FL

#1021455 Nov 10, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Landfills get internets?
Cool.
OBAMACARE!
IT KICKED YOUR AZZZZZZZ!
THAT AINT NO LIE.
But whine all day. Get some cheese. It goes good with whine.
Ray got insurance for his beaver!
healthcare.gov
His BEAVAHHHHHH got the ointment!
Now waxturd and Ray can stroke their BEAVAAAAHHHHS.
In New England: ask for insurance,
FOR YOUR BEAVAAAAHHHHHHH!
In other news:
Republicans have no health plans.
They just send out letters: cancellation!
For over 50 years.
You sick?
CANCELLATION!
DROP DEAD!
Republicans: greedy selfish hypocrite liars who take away food aid to poor children.....really lowlife behaviour!
AWFUL CONDUCT. DISGUSTING. LOW LIFES.
Republicans all going to hell. LOL!
Your landfill does, obviously ... Obammy supplies all kinds of taxpayer-funded electronics to his freeloading ghetto worshippers; that would be you.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1021456 Nov 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Just to clear that up.
Sometimes I wonder who the teacher really was!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1021457 Nov 10, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
We liberals, especially comics like Bill Maher & Jon Stewart love Sarah Palin. She's the gift that keeps on giving for ctand up comedy. We want you idiots to keep coming up and supporting Buffoons like Sarah, Rick, Ted and Michele. It'll guarentee we'll control the oval office.
The one America loves even more is Jumpin' Uncle Joe Biden, the gift that keeps giving. Here is his latest!

TODAY Show Laughs Off over Vice President Biden Calls Wrong

&fe ature=autoshare&noredirect =1

Baawwaahhhh!!!!!!

Double Standard Hypocrite.

Orlando, FL

#1021458 Nov 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Substituted in Illinois before moving to Florida too and taught Music Education at a private school one year. Just to get you up to snuff since you know so much about my personal life.
Oh, Realtime, also left out teaching two years at a private school in North Florida.

Just FYI.

"Now you know the rest of the story..." as Paul Harvey would say.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1021459 Nov 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've posted about your personal life on this thread and others for over five years babe.

And as a reminder your teaching experience preceded NCLB.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021460 Nov 10, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
We liberals, especially comics like Bill Maher & Jon Stewart love Sarah Palin. She's the gift that keeps on giving for ctand up comedy. We want you idiots to keep coming up and supporting Buffoons like Sarah, Rick, Ted and Michele. It'll guarentee we'll control the oval office.
do you really live in a dump like Elmont???

just curious...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021461 Nov 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>NASA has plenty of current and upcoming projects along with a 2014 budget of $16.6 billion returning the agency to 2007 levels.
The exciting shuttle launches and landings won't ever be duplicated though.
doing exactly what?

the space program will be resurrected when we have leadership that values education and knowledge and achievement over the lowest dregs of society...
Lea

United States

#1021462 Nov 10, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Heritage Foundation... a right wing nut house organization!
Special pics at the end of video:

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021463 Nov 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The vast majority of conservative didn't condone the off-the-wall statements made by those two republicans either.
But the liberal media made absolutely sure they were seen as the voice of the entire Republican Party, didn't they?
In 2016, I hope the GOP finds a few liberals who emphatically advocate the killing of born alive babies and force you guys to have to deny they are the spokespeople for your entire party.
Tit for tat, I say. Time to learn how to play the game.
some people never learn....

Orlando, FL

#1021464 Nov 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You've posted about your personal life on this thread and others for over five years babe.
And as a reminder your teaching experience preceded NCLB.
We all know a little about your personal life too.

But anyway...liberals really screwed up the purpose of NCLB too, didn't they?

They just can't seem to get anything right.

They figured it was much easier just to teach the test instead of the subject matter effectively enough so they could pass the test.

Those lazy liberals educators...whaddya we gonna do with them?

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021465 Nov 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's your beef then? You still voted for him after he was put on the spot defending his change of heart about abortion.
What else was he supposed to do?
WTF are you talking about?

...and who cares...

...stop the abortion crap, please...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min FastandFurious 189,824
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Net Workit 5,997
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 2 hr BLDM 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 53,486
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ratloder 70,018
Amy 5-24-15 4 hr tiredofit 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Go Blue Forever 99,534
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]