Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1020609 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
The failure of the website may be a blessing in disguise for ObamaKKKare. If more people could get through, more people would find out how badly they are getting screwed.
DemoKKKrats will pay the price in Novenber 2014.
Again, the exchanges are not for everyone. If someone doesn't qualify for a subsidy they will, more than likely, do better in the private market. That is a Fact. I'm sure even you can still find a shoddy plan for about $50.00 a month.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020610 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Tolerance is simple. Either you are willing to tolerate differences in religious beliefs or you are not. There is no gray area.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi
there is a difference between tolerance and acceptance...for example, tolerating outward homosexuality without accepting same....

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1020611 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The real cost to the federal deficit will be the huge increase in the number of people on Medicaid. ObamaKKKare has no funding whatsoever for that.
Galt, as usual, is dumber than sh*t. Yes, that cost was included in theCBO analysis.
Nuculeosanusbama

Palm Coast, FL

#1020612 Nov 8, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>FINALLY...we agree on something.
That Obama is a liar and you are a fake spelling teacher

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1020613 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That means we're both in the 92%.
So do the extremists on your side represent your personal beliefs on every issue anymore than the extremists do on mine?
(I do believe we're getting somewhere, Homer.)
Oh, Batty, you old silly, you ARE the extremist on "your" side.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1020614 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When Iran ends up with nuclear weapons, which they will, will Obama still be a "master of diplomacy"???
Saudi Arabia has some nuke warheads on order from our pals in Pakistan according to the BBC and a plethora of right wing blogs. Smallish ones of course which are compatible with the missiles that Saudi Arabia began stockpiling during the early 80's when Iran went rogue.

Fkn Sunni's hate Shiite's, Jews hate Shiite's__what up with that Galt? Jews aren't really pumped up about Sunni's either__presently.

Someone over there is going to nuke someone else over there, bet on it. And within a month immigration reform will fly through both houses of congress.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020615 Nov 8, 2013
Joan wrote:
<quoted text>
The estimates on the ACA website are very misleading. Enrollees of ObamaCare are stunned when they find out the real cost. Apparently the website lumps wildly ranging age groups to make it appear more affordable to the public.
Another fraud?
Galt has not visited the federal website, only the Covered California site.....when one drills down there to the cost, it is immediately evident that the insurance coverage is extremely expensive...approaching #2,000 per month for an older couple who are not on welfare...

the fraud is publicizing the bronze and silver plans, which are miserable coverage, rather than the platinum plan, which is the only one that even approaches the coverage that most people have...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1020616 Nov 8, 2013
Joan wrote:
<quoted text>
The estimates on the ACA website are very misleading. Enrollees of ObamaCare are stunned when they find out the real cost. Apparently the website lumps wildly ranging age groups to make it appear more affordable to the public.
Another fraud?
Yep! I have heard that from quite a few people. They think they have some great deal only to find out it cost is far greater.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020617 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the exchanges are not for everyone. If someone doesn't qualify for a subsidy they will, more than likely, do better in the private market. That is a Fact. I'm sure even you can still find a shoddy plan for about $50.00 a month.
those people with individual policies that have been cancelled have no choice but the exchanges.....

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1020618 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Intolerance, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Don'tcha just love how USAsince1680 claims to tolerate those of us with differing views and opinions? I suppose the left's idea of tolerance includes mocking and personal insults.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1020619 Nov 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
And if the TeaParty wing of the GOP continues to allow slugs like Amy Kremer, Jenny Beth Martin and L Brent Bozell III to control the GOP message__well__they may as well dig up David Duke.
David Duke?

I have yet to see any of you self-proclaimed political know-it-alls provide proof of this tea party racism you spew incessantly.

Anyone can lie and make shit up. You ARE good at that.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1020620 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Kirsten Powers tells FOX News' Megyn Kelly her health insurance premium has doubled from $160 to $300 a month and she is okay with it because she supports Obamacare.
She's single with no children and makes good money.

But that's a liberal for 'ya...only thinking about themselves.

Hope Megyn reminded her that a lot of people would struggle having to pay that much and Kirsten is one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to pay five times more by government decree.

Orlando, FL

#1020621 Nov 8, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Batty, you old silly, you ARE the extremist on "your" side.
I no more agreed with Akin's outlandish comment than you agree with killing babies born alive.

Unless, of course, you do.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1020622 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. Yeah. I skipped over 1,200 posts. I can't imagine that I missed anything. Rethugs still seem to be stuck on stupid.
But, but, but..."Bush isn't president anymore". Don't you get sick of hearing that excuse? Rush Limpball said the promise that "you can keep your plan" is "the biggest lie ever told by a sitting president." Worse than lying about WMD's?? Worse than Reagan's Iran-Contra affair? Nixon's Watergate scandal? What an idiot.
I do believe that Obama mislead the public about the ACA but it certainly doesn't rise to the level of the lies told by Republican presidents. Besides, if your policy was grandfathered and you liked it...you could keep it. It was a half-truth. He certainly could have added "unless your insurer makes changes to your plan."
Certainly the Department of Health and Human Services ALWAYS said that policy holders would have to "transition" to "ACA-compliant" plans. That was disclosed from the very beginning. There was no subterfuge about the fact of change. IMO, it won't be an issue come election time IF the webpage is fixed and millions of people are able to benefit from the ACA. Change is always difficult.
"There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction" --Winston Churchill The ACA is headed in the right direction.
Good morning USAsince1680!

Nope, you didn't miss much. Actually, there were times when reich wingers disappeared en masse... such as on Wednesday after the elections!

As for a president 'lying,' it would appear that bushie boy NEVER lied about ANYTHING based on reich wing logic. And apparently, they're the only ones allowed to give free passes on those. Personally, I don't recognize them but it seems to placate those wild animals!

Yes, I do believe the ACA was a lot more ambitious from a PR perspective and way beyond scope from an implementation point of view. I suspect the biggest problems were actually lining up targets and objectives by 'someone' in charge.

What I do like is how Obama is telling everyone that he's going to take the hit. Unlike bushie boy who blamed 'bad intel' on his invasion of a sovereign nation for nothing!

I'm not so sure this won't be an issue. The biggest scratch your head moment came when Obama said they need to close the loopholes in the law. He wasn't very clear on what he was referring to, but then I wouldn't mention it either on national TV.

But if they do get this squared away and the sign ups increase (especially as they get closer to the deadline), I suspect it will be another talking point for someone like Issa between himself and the mirror!

Orlando, FL

#1020623 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a difference between tolerance and acceptance...for example, tolerating outward homosexuality without accepting same....
Please stop. Because what you're implying is it's okay to be tolerant of homosexuals but not Christians.

Please tell me that's not what you're implying.

You can't tolerate Christians without accepting Christianity?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020624 Nov 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Saudi Arabia has some nuke warheads on order from our pals in Pakistan according to the BBC and a plethora of right wing blogs. Smallish ones of course which are compatible with the missiles that Saudi Arabia began stockpiling during the early 80's when Iran went rogue.
Fkn Sunni's hate Shiite's, Jews hate Shiite's__what up with that Galt? Jews aren't really pumped up about Sunni's either__presently.
Someone over there is going to nuke someone else over there, bet on it. And within a month immigration reform will fly through both houses of congress.
please explain the connection between Iranian nukes and immigration reform...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1020625 Nov 8, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than the white versus blank America created by Obama!
lol! Yep. And cons can't even win going up again the 'blanks'!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1020626 Nov 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like when you couldn't answer the question of where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government. You actually have to identify a source of money to identify who will be paying that subsidy.
So, let's go over this again. You begin by answering this question:
Who's paying that subsidy so crackwhores can get free health insurance and be equal to everyone who works their whole life to have it?
Who's paying that subsidy, clown?
(Here's a hint. Congress doesn't pay for any goddam thing.)
OMG

Don't tell me you STILL don't know how the federal government is funded.

I haver news, I don't have to identify jack sh*t. I provided a link that describes how the ACAis funded.

Its not my fault you can't read.

Orlando, FL

#1020627 Nov 8, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don'tcha just love how USAsince1680 claims to tolerate those of us with differing views and opinions? I suppose the left's idea of tolerance includes mocking and personal insults.
Yes, that's just what I was thinking. But thought the eye of the beholder comment would hit closer to home.

Perhaps yours did instead.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1020628 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
"The Tea Baggers are an albatross on the neck of the Republican Party" - Homer 2016
I'd normally agree with you on this, except I think instead of an albatross, they're more like radioactive waste!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min Mister Tonka 98,196
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 41 min NevadaBob 1,918
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Blwlgo 4,016
Abby 9-13-14 2 hr cheluzal 19
Ask Amy 9-13-14 2 hr cheluzal 15
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 49,788
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,464
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 177,956
Amy 9-15 7 hr liner 10
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search