Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
937,701 - 937,720 of 1,085,016 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're agreeable with those who kill babies born alive too.
So your opinion about the most agreeable poster of the day doesn't count.
I am? WTF are you lying about now? Carol you are really getting bad, that is an awful thing to accuse someone of.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Mormon Church Taking Over in Florida
By Kevin Spear, Orlando Sentinel
6:08 p.m. EST, November 7, 2013
The Mormon church stands to own nearly 2 percent of Florida by completing a deal to buy most of the real estate of the St. Joe Co. for more than a half-billion dollars.
The megapurchase was announced jointly Thursday by a corporate representative of church, which owns the nearly 295,000-acre Deseret Ranches in Central Florida, and by the real-estate and timber business, which has built several communities along the Panhandle coast.
According to the announcement, a church entity, AgReserves Inc., will buy 382,834 acres – the majority of St. Joe's timberlands – in Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty and Wakulla counties for $565 million.
Completion of the deal will leave the Utah-based church with 678,000 acres, an area larger than any other private holding in Florida, according to widely shared but unconfirmed rankings of top landowners.
AgReserves Inc., a taxpaying company of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will maintain timber and agricultural uses of the Panhandle acreage, according to the announcement.
Just goes to show what I have always said....organized religions are nothing more than big business.
Jon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Obama has said it was always his intention that no one should lose a plan he wanted to keep and I believe him.
Obama on those who have received cancellation notices:
"It means a lot to them. And it’s scary to them. And I AM SORRY that they, you know, are finding themselves in this situation, based on assurances they got from me."
“But obviously, we didn’t do a good enough job in terms of how we crafted the law. And, you know, that’s something that I regret. That’s something that we’re going to do everything we can to get fixed.”
I would call that is all he needs to say. That is certainly more than Bush ever offered in the way of an apology for killing 45,000 Americans.
Blame Bush? Bush hasn't been president for over 5 years so do you want to talk current issues? Stop performing the art of deflection.

Tweet from former MSNBC Dylan Ratigan:

I bought a catastrophic health policy for $170/mo when I left MSNBC. Obamacare cancelled the policy. New rate $600/mo. Thanks Mr. President

6:43 p.m. 7 Nov 2013

Koolaide anyone?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again...you still think there are more "religious nuts" on our side of the fence who'd agree with such an outlandish comment made by Akin even when he immediately retracted it and clarified it than the overwhelming number of rational people who distanced themselves from it and condemned him for saying it.
And you can't force anyone to do anything. Calls for him to step down were heard loud and clear but you must have been in the shower.
ever see "The Godfather"???

make him an offer that he can't refuse....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I suppose there's that.
Hey my wife and I just bought a boat, I may take it up the Chesapeake next summer, if you want we can stop by and pick you up, have a couple drinks and talk about the old days.
A canoe is a bit deceptive. You just want Peppy to man the oars.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Food truck Subsidies!!!!!

http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back on this thread to the election days. All the kool aid drinking Obama supporters were adamant that Obamacare was exactly what Obama promised. Fools. They won't be happy until the transition to nanny state is complete. Personal responsibility and personal accomplishment will have no practical value.
right on target...particularly the last sentence...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I live inland a good ways, you think your boat can handle that?
If it can, sure, I would love to. We have a lot of catching up to do. BTW, you can have the pumpkin back I borrowed off your porch, I don't need it anymore.
Sure, I think I has four wheel drive, if not we can just drag it.

Uh that wasn't no pumpkin buddy, Grampy left one of his used Depends® out back.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that a homophobic slur???
Yeah, was it???
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Once again babe, math betrays you.
Galt believes that high voltage, anti abortion Christians and certain other single issue fools such as yourself have damaged the GOP.
Galt's correct.
even a drunken blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

We borrow money from China to pay for this?

$1.8 million

"In Las Vegas, Nevada,$1.8 million went to build a ‘museum of neon signs.’ The purpose of the museum is to preserve old neon signs that are no longer in use"

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bah! Every reasonable idea, like tort reform, was dismissed without discussion. Obama has never compromised on anything except his willingness to change the meaning of his campaign promises. Good leaders like Reagan and Clinton crossed over to listen and compromise. President Smug is unwilling to do either, instead he invites others over for a pompous lecture.
Double bah, they never took it seriously and decided to sit this one out so they could bitch about it later.

While the president is neither smug nor unwilling to compromise the Republicans had already convinced themselves of this preconceived notion and have continued to do so lo these past 5 years. If they ever do decide to open up for some real dialog sans all the rhetoric I think they'll find him a willing participant.

"You cannot lead the Republican Party to water" - Homer 2016

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am going to go puke now--and I am not a puker. But the puke coming out of your burka ass is more than a mere mortal like me can take.
We have more poor, O'bama stole from the elderly, and the sick-they will be dying in the streets waiting to be saved. You are all three. Good luck.
LOL. Every time I see one of your posts I think of The Exorcist. A dybbuk inhabited by a terrifying entity...the ultimate evil.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsht__BJ's are just as fashionable in the corporate world as in the political world. Those aren't cricket's one hears on K-Street pal but the sounds of zippers.
a broken-down old used car dealer like you knows nothing about the corporate world...nor do Washington political hoes...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A canoe is a bit deceptive. You just want Peppy to man the oars.
Whilst the wife and I do enjoy canoeing, nowhere was that mentioned in my invitation.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelical Christians are a captive vote ignored immediately after the election....
And 80% of your party.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelical Christians are the Republican equivalent of the DemoKKKrat plantation Negroes, a captive vote ignored immediately after the election....
Again, Galt...a 2011 Gallup poll said 92% of Americans profess a belief in God.

Can you at least TRY to curb you intolerance? Yes, there are a few fringe extremists on both sides of the spectrum, but we're both fighting for the same political ideology...remember?

Always dragging up the few fringe extremists and labeling 92% of Americans as "DemoKKKrat plantation Negroes" isn't helping.

You're just encouraging Homer. Now do you see what you've done?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
even a drunken blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut...
And you're also encouraging Realtime.

So can you please stop and focus on what really matters presently?

I'm not the only one who would appreciate it, pretty sure.
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. bushie boy will never apologize for iraq son.
And he was willing to kill to prove that point!
if JFK had lived would he have apologized for Vietnam?

"bushie boy" stopped playing golf when we went to war. What did Obammy give up? If it wasn't golf, vacations, campaigning, date nights on Air Force One, or his beauty sleep, what was it? What sacrifices have he and Moochelle made?
MADE IN CHINA

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

The USA gov Export our jobs to China!
The USA pays people that are young and can work,not
to work so they can get the votes!
They import the mexicans to work for the Healthy People on Welfare!
They Regulate the Hell out of Business and Tax the
Hell out of Middle Class people!
Were are the Jobs?
Everthing you buy 95% is Made in China!

Welcome to the USA!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 6 min _Zoey_ 7,705
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min shauna 175,262
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 25 min obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 265
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,466
Ask Amy 8-1-14 4 hr Shari23 19
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search