Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1020532 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I suppose there's that.
Hey my wife and I just bought a boat, I may take it up the Chesapeake next summer, if you want we can stop by and pick you up, have a couple drinks and talk about the old days.
I live inland a good ways, you think your boat can handle that?

If it can, sure, I would love to. We have a lot of catching up to do. BTW, you can have the pumpkin back I borrowed off your porch, I don't need it anymore.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1020534 Nov 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Once again babe, math betrays you.
Galt believes that high voltage, anti abortion Christians and certain other single issue fools such as yourself have damaged the GOP.
Galt's correct.
And the growing number on your side of the fence who think abortion on demand at any stage of pregnancy doesn't damage your party's politics?

Even killing born alive babies?

I'll take the fools on my side any day.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1020535 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any private sector corporate manager who had sex with a subordinate would be fired if the sex became common knowledge.
reason being there is no way for the sex to be truly consensual...
Bullsht__BJ's are just as fashionable in the corporate world as in the political world. Those aren't cricket's one hears on K-Street pal but the sounds of zippers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020536 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary will win in 2016 and again in 2020, she'll be fine.
Homer has a better chance than that stroke-addled old woman...

Hillary is just too old, too late, too sick....

Orlando, FL

#1020537 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Realtime also agrees with Galt. Galt voted most agreeable poster of the day.
You're agreeable with those who kill babies born alive too.

So your opinion about the most agreeable poster of the day doesn't count.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020538 Nov 8, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the new national party spokesman. You didn't see the article in the East Pocono Gazette? Page 13? Bottom right hand corner? Next to the Food King coupons?
I vote the Bull Moose party line across the board in every election.
Congratulations. As spokesman of the Raging Bull party, I fully endorse your spokesmanshipmenship as best as your interests don't conflict with my interests.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020540 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Galt, if you lose these religious nuts on the right like Lois/Carol there will be only a handful of Republicans left.
Evangelical Christians are the Republican equivalent of the DemoKKKrat plantation Negroes, a captive vote ignored immediately after the election....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020541 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brace yourself.
A 2011 Gallup poll said 92% of Americans professed a belief in God.
Registered Republicans don't make up 92% of the population.
That means a lot of them are on your side of the fence.
I know that was a hard pill to swallow, so are you okay?
Why is that a hard pill to swallow, Homer part of that 92%. What is your point?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020542 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
If the Republicans hadn't adamantly refused to work with the Democrats on the healthcare reform bill we may have had a better bill and smoother implementation.
Impossible...the basic premise that one can insure more people with better coverage for less money was fundamentally flawed.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020543 Nov 8, 2013
Signs the economy is on fire!

Taxpayers paying...

$81,000

to monitor bats!

https://www.fbo.gov/index...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1020544 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Obama has said it was always his intention that no one should lose a plan he wanted to keep and I believe him.
Obama on those who have received cancellation notices:
"It means a lot to them. And it’s scary to them. And I AM SORRY that they, you know, are finding themselves in this situation, based on assurances they got from me."
“But obviously, we didn’t do a good enough job in terms of how we crafted the law. And, you know, that’s something that I regret. That’s something that we’re going to do everything we can to get fixed.”
I would call that is all he needs to say. That is certainly more than Bush ever offered in the way of an apology for killing 45,000 Americans.
Your being a naiveté and a Kool-Aid drinker will not matter to the millions in the middle class that have their wallets hit hard. There is nothing worse in the way of losing a vote than to hit someone in the pocketbook, and deceive them.

Your apathy of "too bad" will not help them with choosing to either insure or feed their children.

StoopidF*ck.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020545 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer has a better chance than that stroke-addled old woman...
Hillary is just too old, too late, too sick....
***Breaking News!***- John Galt endorse Homer in 2016.
"I'm flattered and well flabbergasted." - Homer 2016
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020546 Nov 8, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Homer, fruit cake season is upon us.
Was that a homophobic slur???
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020547 Nov 8, 2013
The end justifies the means and Green energy folks throw bird lovers under the bus...

"U.S. Wind Turbines Kill 1.4 Million Birds and Bats Every Year"

http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2...

Orlando, FL

#1020548 Nov 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
whilst you nutjobs lose elections running on extreme right wing positions.
so let's talk about winning by losing. seems someone has lost their filter that keeps them from lying about issues to the point of where losing-by-lying has become an integral part of tea party politics.
and since there's no way you folks can stop lying.....Dem in the WH for the next 30 years. it's happened before. it's happening now. so it's no wonder you nutjobs are full freak lately.
Venezuelans, as one example, realized too late they had been duped by Chavez who used the same "bleeding heart" rhetoric as Obama to gain control over the people. Despite numerous protests and attempts to overthrow him, they still remained in the minority.

Some people just want to like the popular guy no matter how much of a jerk he is. Doesn't mean they even have a clue.

Welcome to the DDUSA.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020549 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're agreeable with those who kill babies born alive too.
So your opinion about the most agreeable poster of the day doesn't count.
I am? WTF are you lying about now? Carol you are really getting bad, that is an awful thing to accuse someone of.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1020550 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Mormon Church Taking Over in Florida
By Kevin Spear, Orlando Sentinel
6:08 p.m. EST, November 7, 2013
The Mormon church stands to own nearly 2 percent of Florida by completing a deal to buy most of the real estate of the St. Joe Co. for more than a half-billion dollars.
The megapurchase was announced jointly Thursday by a corporate representative of church, which owns the nearly 295,000-acre Deseret Ranches in Central Florida, and by the real-estate and timber business, which has built several communities along the Panhandle coast.
According to the announcement, a church entity, AgReserves Inc., will buy 382,834 acres – the majority of St. Joe's timberlands – in Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty and Wakulla counties for $565 million.
Completion of the deal will leave the Utah-based church with 678,000 acres, an area larger than any other private holding in Florida, according to widely shared but unconfirmed rankings of top landowners.
AgReserves Inc., a taxpaying company of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will maintain timber and agricultural uses of the Panhandle acreage, according to the announcement.
Just goes to show what I have always said....organized religions are nothing more than big business.
Jon

United States

#1020551 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Obama has said it was always his intention that no one should lose a plan he wanted to keep and I believe him.
Obama on those who have received cancellation notices:
"It means a lot to them. And it’s scary to them. And I AM SORRY that they, you know, are finding themselves in this situation, based on assurances they got from me."
“But obviously, we didn’t do a good enough job in terms of how we crafted the law. And, you know, that’s something that I regret. That’s something that we’re going to do everything we can to get fixed.”
I would call that is all he needs to say. That is certainly more than Bush ever offered in the way of an apology for killing 45,000 Americans.
Blame Bush? Bush hasn't been president for over 5 years so do you want to talk current issues? Stop performing the art of deflection.

Tweet from former MSNBC Dylan Ratigan:

I bought a catastrophic health policy for $170/mo when I left MSNBC. Obamacare cancelled the policy. New rate $600/mo. Thanks Mr. President

6:43 p.m. 7 Nov 2013

Koolaide anyone?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020552 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again...you still think there are more "religious nuts" on our side of the fence who'd agree with such an outlandish comment made by Akin even when he immediately retracted it and clarified it than the overwhelming number of rational people who distanced themselves from it and condemned him for saying it.
And you can't force anyone to do anything. Calls for him to step down were heard loud and clear but you must have been in the shower.
ever see "The Godfather"???

make him an offer that he can't refuse....

Orlando, FL

#1020553 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I suppose there's that.
Hey my wife and I just bought a boat, I may take it up the Chesapeake next summer, if you want we can stop by and pick you up, have a couple drinks and talk about the old days.
A canoe is a bit deceptive. You just want Peppy to man the oars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Dale 184,815
Ask Amy 2-28-15 38 min tiredofit 3
Abby 2-28-15 55 min tiredofit 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Net Workit 5,705
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Jessie 51,341
Mother Punished For Not Agreeing To Drive Kids... 4 hr Phaedra 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Cold Front 69,095
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future