Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1483134 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1021029 Nov 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of this while eating a hamburger LOL
Killing cows and chickens humanely for human consumption is not the same as tripping a running horse with a rope just to watch it flip into the air and slam to the ground on it's back or head breaking bones and causing injuries for entertainment. And then doing the same thing over and over again.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Go get a rope and start running. I want to see just how much fun that is for you.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1021030 Nov 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They want to reform these entitlement programs. Democrats know they must be reformed to be sustained too. Dems just don't want to take the responsibility to do what they were elected to do because they like keeping their base happy and their votes better than doing what's right for the entire nation.
Raising the retirement age is unpopular among seniors and many other Americans. Republicans wouldn't pass anything that went against the majority. Only Democrats do that.
So it's your contention the debt ceiling the t-p held the line on was at the behest of the 'majority'?

I guess your idea of majority is 18% of Americans!

Only idiotic reich wingers do that!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021031 Nov 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance companies know the marketplace has changed & they can no longer get huge premiums from individual buyers. Thank you the ACA.
You said the market for individual insurance was no longer there & people had to buy in the exchanges.
This was not true.
You can buy these policies from the insurance companies.
Galt know very little about how the insurance industry operates. Either Galt always got insurance through his employer & through the government all his life.
all policies are bought from the insurance companies, not from the exchanges...and all individual policies are the same as the exchange policies...
LCNLin

United States

#1021032 Nov 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Plans available in California vary by county...
Galt used Riverside County...
For your criteria, the cost of platinum plans are as follows:
Anthem Blue Cross -$1423/month
Kaiser Permanente -$1382/month
These plans have no deductibles, but have significant copays and charge 10% of hospital costs up to an annual maximum of $4000.
Change the age to 64 and the premiums are:
Anthem Blue Cross -$1796/month
Kaiser Permanente -$1850/month
Thanks for running a Libertarian in Virginia.
Democrats win when conservatives divide
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1021033 Nov 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
In the end Obamacare will work and republicans will be divided over most everything.
Reich wingers are doing what they can to be the monkey wrenches they normally are. They run for cover on a normal basis.

It's interesting to see how they consider retreating as advancing!
LCNLin

United States

#1021034 Nov 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So millions being forced to pay up to five times more for coverage they neither want or need so that others' can have it for free and the projected CBO's numbers of at least 30 million still being uninsured under Obamacare compensates for rationed care and subpar medical treatment with the IRS and big government making all of our health decisions for us?
You think that was the best solution?
"... millions being forced to pay up to five times more for coverage they neither want or need ..."

Fox talk
LOL

Orlando, FL

#1021035 Nov 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
those who expect others to subsidize their medical care and the college education of their children...
C'mon, Galt. Give me a break.

So a law that subsidizes medical care and college tuitions for all Americans should be denied to evangelicals when they didn't write those laws anymore than you or Eed did?

Seriously? You're starting to become a disappointment and will have to do some serious backtracking to change my mind.
LCNLin

United States

#1021036 Nov 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
those who expect others to subsidize their medical care and the college education of their children...
Galt likely to be on welfare or posting all day as another government worker libertarian.
Phony with gay stuff on his mind all day?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1021037 Nov 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, I think it actually hurt the non con.

The voters for 'koochi koochi koo' Cuccinelli were more set in their ways reich wingers.

The Libertarian probably split McAuliffe's voters.

Orlando, FL

#1021038 Nov 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So it's your contention the debt ceiling the t-p held the line on was at the behest of the 'majority'?
I guess your idea of majority is 18% of Americans!
Only idiotic reich wingers do that!
The majority didn't think the cuts due to sequestration were enough.

The conservatives tried to get the Democrats to cut spending first before raising the debt ceiling yet again seeing that we're soon approaching a $20 million deficit - astronomically higher than ever before in our history.

But Democrats think there's a money tree growing in the Rose Garden. Either that or they think Americans don't mind bailing out big government's mismanagement of our money already.

Your precious Democrats refused to cut anything in the budget before raising the debt ceiling at this very crucial time. It was they who essentially shut down the government. Conservatives had no choice but to give them what they wanted even though they were still blamed for trying to protect us from potentially becoming a bankrupt nation sooner than later at this point.

It's because we're now the DDUSA. Thanks to people like you.
LCNLin

United States

#1021039 Nov 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing cows and chickens humanely for human consumption is not the same as tripping a running horse with a rope just to watch it flip into the air and slam to the ground on it's back or head breaking bones and causing injuries for entertainment. And then doing the same thing over and over again.
What the hell is wrong with you?
Go get a rope and start running. I want to see just how much fun that is for you.
"Killing cows and chickens humanely....."

Outside of the phony identify you have tried to sell us,
Do You even have a GED?

Look up how chickens are raised....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021040 Nov 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though I agree with you that there's nothing wrong with seniors supplementing their SS incomes under the table, my supplemental part-time income will be on a payroll. Which is okay too. Not making enough to affect SS.
But extra income is extra income, right?

If Carol thinks there is "nothing wrong" with taking money under the table (cheating on SS and taxes), or stealing, then Carol has a different view of Christianity than most.

Orlando, FL

#1021041 Nov 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"... millions being forced to pay up to five times more for coverage they neither want or need ..."
Fox talk
LOL
You're not paying attention. Read some headlines and news articles and get your head of that Elle magazine for a change.

Orlando, FL

#1021042 Nov 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, Galt. Give me a break.
So a law that subsidizes medical care and college tuitions for all Americans should be denied to evangelicals when they didn't write those laws anymore than you or Eed did?
Seriously? You're starting to become a disappointment and will have to do some serious backtracking to change my mind.
And let me remind you that evangelicals is just another word for Protestants - versus Catholics.

So Catholics can get subsidized Medicare and college loans but not Protestants?

Really, Galt, time for some serious backtracking on your part.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1021043 Nov 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>He foisted ISLAM on the rest of the world. Carter is the world's most famous infidel.
In your little pea brain, anyone who speaks the truth about Israel is an infidel.

"Israel's continued control and colonization of Palestinian land have been the primary obstacles to a comprehensive peace agreement in the Middle East." Jimmy Carter
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021044 Nov 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you? I take it you are against mental health treatment being covered by insurance?
Yes, except on a voluntary basis.

Anyone with assets that wants such treatment would be well-advised to pay cash and have the provider sign an agreement not to maintain any records of the treatment.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1021045 Nov 9, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well, let's see, it was in a gun control bill, so I believe the more people they can get to go see a shrink the more people they can say shouldn't own a gun. You fake commies need to keep up with the program.
And you see that as a bad thing? It only makes common sense to keep guns out of the hands of those who suffer from a mental illness. The more the merrier. Only a cretin would believe otherwise.

Orlando, FL

#1021046 Nov 9, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthcare is seen and implemented by every country on the planet as a basic human right. Yet somehow, you wish to deny that right to a certain percentage of the population because you fear the quality of your own care might suffer ?
If you had to argue this case in the international court of justice how would you go about it ? That is your neighbour had treatable cancer but you denied them treatment because they didn't have insurance. Tell us how you would work that, just make them comfortable in the emergency room and await to die.?
But if horses get mistreated then you expect the wrath of God upon those who mistreat them. How does your lot manage to juggle this moral dilemma in their head apart from tuning into Fox & trying to find a clause in the constitution where looking after your fellow man is outlawed.
Socialized medicine is not working in every country on the planet now and has never worked in the past.

America is supposed to be the exceptional country leading the way - not following everyone else down the wrong path.

But you're a liberal and wouldn't have any idea what I'm talking about.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021047 Nov 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
We plan to run lots of "green" candidates under phony parties (like the Libertarians)in 2014....
LCNLin

United States

#1021048 Nov 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not paying attention. Read some headlines and news articles and get your head of that Elle magazine for a change.
GED?
Headlines and news articles are a distraction from a university eductions.

You posts reveal the gaps in your education.

Human killing of chickens was over the top, LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dale 234,489
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,181
John Lewis is NOT a hero, he's an idiot who got... 1 hr BASHhisPhonyHEAD 12
Are democrats destroyed? 1 hr DESTROYEDbeyondBE... 254
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 1 hr NegrahLewisNeedsB... 23
Climate Change References, Deleted From WH Webs... 1 hr YES there is a GOD 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,100

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages