Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431719 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1020892 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The globe stopped warming a while back. They just kept milking it for all it was worth for as long as they could. But that liberal udder dried up completely.
AL Gore cut back on his burrito consumption, that did it. lol
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#1020893 Nov 8, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
No leisure suits, but I had some kickass platform shoes. Even grew to like the BEE Gees.
Yeah, they had some pretty good music-the words were even understandable then still!

(and I still favor platforms LOL)

“no one told me”

Denver

#1020894 Nov 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Boy Messiah didn't apologize for lying but apologized for being caught lying.
Arrogance can do that to incompetent individuals with visions of grandeur.
Delusions of grandeur

“no one told me”

Denver

#1020895 Nov 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
leosampleanus seems to be increasingly suffering the consequences of legalized alcohol and marijuana.
...and tolerance of poor public education in America....
The alcohol went right to her butt. Smoking pot and gobbling cases of Twinkies didn't help either.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1020896 Nov 8, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Even your insults are weak.
I enjoy them immensely, unlike your bather.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1020897 Nov 8, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
The so called shutdown was a blip, even counting the money Ostupida spent trying to close outdoor parks and monuments, what a dirtbag that man is.
It's why saying sorry just doesn't cut it. The damage has been done. The lying and blaming and demonizing can't be undone. He's not a bit sorry about that.

He still thinks he has a good "product" and the cash registers are just broken.

He doesn't care if the "product" costs more than anyone wants to pay or if people don't even want it. He's forcing us to buy it anyway and thinks that because it was his idea, we're going to be better off and grateful.

He has a heck of a lot more to be sorry for to be forgiven.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1020898 Nov 8, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Even your insults are weak.
Hey, Fib, wasn't Carters DOE supposed to wean us from foreign oil? How has that worked?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1020899 Nov 8, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they had some pretty good music-the words were even understandable then still!
(and I still favor platforms LOL)
so does Rahm Emmanuel. and Doomberg.

Orlando, FL

#1020900 Nov 8, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
AL Gore cut back on his burrito consumption, that did it. lol
Poor Al. All alone in that big mansion with only regrets and delusions to keep him company.

He can't even seduce a hotel maid without it making national news and being called a crazed sex poodle.

Al must be very lonely with all that money from duping so many and becoming the brunt of late night jokes.

That's what happens when you become too full of yourself and get rich perpetrating a lie just to be relevant politically, I suppose.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020901 Nov 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
He is NOT running for reelection in 2016
one never knows...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020902 Nov 8, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not really that stupid, right?
crawl back in your hole, you child-molesting teacher wannabe....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020904 Nov 8, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
"Galt" is "Galt" and he has the right to his opinions and thoughts, just as you do. Abortion/murder is going to continue, so is gay marriage. I am anti both. Little we can do about it, the Supreme Court has ensured that. Our voices would be much better heard if we spend our efforts at speaking out about nobamakare, something that is not yet set in stone, something nearly 60% of American's do not support. nobamakare is a lie, the president nobama lies when he supports it, nobama has one goal in mind, single payer, government controlled health care. A program designed to take from the doers and producers and give to those with their hands out.
Carter was a terrible president, Bush 2 not much better, Bush 1 and clinton were not so bad, but all of them were sterling when compared to nobama, a born liar.
Peace
Eed understands that effort is best focused on the achievable...

Orlando, FL

#1020905 Nov 8, 2013
Again, sorry I got sidetracked. Just wish I hadn't seen that video. Probably scared some people away.

But that's me. Something clicks when I see animals abused and can't help my strong reaction. It's just going to happen and there's not a thing I can do about it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020906 Nov 8, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
You are right all Christians are not "evangelical" but "evangelical" Christians, for the most part, are tax and spend liberals, spending for handouts. They are touchie feelie folks. It is their right. We do not need generations of those with their hands out, we need folks who get out, work, produce and take care of their own.
Peace
more words of wisdom from Eed...

“no one told me”

Denver

#1020907 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Al. All alone in that big mansion with only regrets and delusions to keep him company.
He can't even seduce a hotel maid without it making national news and being called a crazed sex poodle.
Al must be very lonely with all that money from duping so many and becoming the brunt of late night jokes.
That's what happens when you become too full of yourself and get rich perpetrating a lie just to be relevant politically, I suppose.
Oh, I'm sure Alvie has found some Hollywood floozy to while away the hours with.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020908 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I check on Covered California to verify your "quote" and (surprise) couldn't.
For a couple, both 55 years old earning $100,000 a year, the highest coverage (in which EACH person has 3+ prescriptions a year plus 20+ Doctor visits a year and multiple ongoing lab tests and hospital stays), the premium is $1107.00 a month for a zero deductible family plan. I suggest you take another look.
Galt tried, but the site is down...check the premium for a platinum plan at age 64....

“no one told me”

Denver

#1020909 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's why saying sorry just doesn't cut it. The damage has been done. The lying and blaming and demonizing can't be undone. He's not a bit sorry about that.
He still thinks he has a good "product" and the cash registers are just broken.
He doesn't care if the "product" costs more than anyone wants to pay or if people don't even want it. He's forcing us to buy it anyway and thinks that because it was his idea, we're going to be better off and grateful.
He has a heck of a lot more to be sorry for to be forgiven.
Agreed, agreed and agreed.

Orlando, FL

#1020910 Nov 8, 2013
USA GOV Crooked wrote:
HITLER DID SAVE GERMANY
Posted: 11/08/2013 5:59 am
There are 16.4 million American children living in poverty. That's nearly one quarter (22.6 percent) of all of our children. More alarming is that the percentage of poor children hasclimbed by 4.5 percent since the start of the Great Recession in 2007. And poor means poor. For a family of three with one child under 18, the poverty line is $18,400.
Meanwhile, the stock market is booming. Banks, hedge funds and private equity firmsare making tens of billions of dollars again. In fact, their bonuses are expected to climb by 5 to 10 percent this year, while Wall Street banks doll out $91.44 billion in bonus money.
Most amazing of all is the fact that 95 percent of the so-called "recovery" has gone to the top 1 percent who have seen their incomes rise by 34 percent. For the 99 percent there's been an undeclared wage freeze: the average wage has climbed by only 0.4 percent.
To add to the misery, Washington has decided that the best way to tackle childhood poverty is to have poor kids eat less. Both parties already have agreed to cut billions from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps). As of November 1, payments dropped from $668 a month to $632 for more than 47 million lower-income people -- 1 in 7 Americans, most of them children.
And more cuts are coming. The Tea Party House passed a bill to cut food stamps by $4 billion a year, while the Democratic-controlled Senate calls for $400 million in cuts. How humane! And since it will be part of the omnibus Farm Bill, President Obama will sign it.(I wonder how our former community organizer will explain this to the poor children he once tried to help in Chicago.)
But that's just the start. More austerity is coming in the form of cuts to Social Security as well as a host of other social programs. When times get tough, you've got to suck it up and take more from the poor.
Rewarding Billionaires Who Increase Poverty?
It gets even more revolting when we realize that the financial billionaires who are profiting so handsomely from the recovery are the very same who took down the economy in the first place. They were the ones who created and pedaled the toxic securities that puffed up and then burst the housing bubble. Those financial plutocrats caused 8 million workers to lose their jobs in a matter of months. Those bankers, hedge fund honchos and fund managers are directly responsible for the rise in child poverty rates. Washington bailed out those billionaires and is now asking the poor and the middle class to pay for the ensuing deficits with further cuts in social programs at every level of government.
Why do we put up with such injustices?
Washington Is in Wall Street's Pocket
Before we entirely succumb to financial amnesia, let's recall how we got here. Since the late 1970s, the financial sector has been on a crusade to remove any and all financial regulations. The goal was to undo all the controls put in place during the Great Depression that so effectively curtailed financial speculation and outright gambling. Once deregulated Wall Street engineered a Ponzi-like housing bubble that netted it astronomical sums. By the time it burst in 2007, 40 percent of all corporate profits flowed into the financial sector. Wall Street wages grew by leaps and bounds.
That's what happens when you elect a president whose goal is for the United States to be brought down a few notches - like Greece.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020911 Nov 8, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was Carter a terrible president?
Tell us exactly what he did to be considered "terrible".
In other words, provide us details. Facts. What decisions did Carter take which make him a bad president?
allowed US citizens to rot as hostages in Teheran....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020912 Nov 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Global Warming gone into hibernation?
yes...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 225,509
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr VN Vet 61,476
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr PEllen 6,743
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr PEllen 9,523
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr PEllen 2,060
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr PEllen 3,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1,660

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages