Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
937,121 - 937,140 of 1,080,438 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Because it is all about CONTROL!!!
And control is power!
All Democrats want is control people because they "know best" what is best for you!
But since all Democrats in here are incompetent brainless idiots, they do need control!
But leave the Conservatives alone, we know how to live our lives!! We have all we need, the Bible, food and God!!!
lol! So leave for a 'better' country son! Quit trying to change other people to YOUR way!

Again, the sooner the better!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
See why Obama wants our guns?
lol! Only reich wingers are that stupid to think that!

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. Monica threw herself at Clinton & you know it.
Are you saying women are too stupid to make their own decisions?
ROTFLMAO--are you saying the leader of the free world was so easy that anyone could have their way with him? The most powerful man in the world...couldn't stop a 20 year old from screwing him.

OMG OMG what a piss poor man Bill Clinton was. Wasn't Clinton married to some dyke doormat? I think liberals should blame her--makes more sense, doesn't it?

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Two adults deciding to have some fun.
Why do you care?
The most powerful man in the world couldn't keep his penis under control--several times. In the process Clinton, not only soiled himself and the blue dress, but the he soiled the Constitution, the public trust and the Presidency itself. He is a loser, just like his wife aka the Doormat.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

How High Black Turnout Gave Terry McAuliffe His Win in Virginia

African American voters turned out in huge numbers for the Virginia gubernatorial election, giving Terry McAuliffe a win and proving the "Obama model" can work without Obama.

One of the big questions of the next few years of politics is whether Democrats can replicate the “Obama model” of minority turnout without the presence of Obama on the ballot. If the Virginia gubernatorial election was a test case, then the early answer is a clear “yes.”

After all, the winner in last night’s election—Democratic fundraiser Terry McAuliffe—is a sleazy, corrupt influence peddler who pushed the boundaries on fundraising and enriched himself in the process. He’s the walking embodiment of Washington’s loose relationship with ethics, and an avatar for everything unseemly about the Clinton administration. There’s no reason he should have been a viable candidate for governor in Virginia. But, in a race against the state’s unpopular attorney general, Ken Cuccinelli, McAuliffe had a shot. And he won by a narrow margin of two-and-a-half percentage points, 47.7% to 45.2%. It was a dramatic shift from pre-election polling, which had McAuliffe up by seven points for most of the last week.

The explanation for that decline is straightforward. Overall, the electorate is broadly similar to where it was in 2009, when Virginians gave Republican Bob McDonnell a landslide victory of Democrat Creigh Deeds. It has the same proportion of older people to young people (nearly two-thirds of voters were over 45), and the same proportion of women of men. Likewise, the ideological profile of voters is close to where it was in 2009. Then, the electorate was 18 percent liberal, 42 percent moderate, and 40 percent conservative. This year, it was 20 percent of the electorate called itself liberal, 44 percent moderate and 36 percent conservative.

What’s more, Cuccinelli maintained the GOP’s traditional advantage with white and married women, winning the former by sixteen point spread of 54 percent to 38 percent, and the latter by a solid margin of 51 percent to 42 percent. This was a real change from the polls, which had the former Democratic Party leader with a huge lead among all women. McAuliffe’s actual advantage was with unmarried women, who he won 67 percent to Cuccinelli’s 25 percent.

Where the change from 2009 was most significant was among black voters. Then, African Americans were 16 percent were of the electorate, a significant drop from the 2008 election. This year, blacks were 20 percent of all voters, which means their turnout was exactly where it was in 2012. Put another way, for the second year in a row, African Americans turned out at a rate above their percentage of the population, and supported the Democrat by a 9-to–1 margin.

This is huge. For McAuliffe, what it meant is that—for almost every black voter who went to the polls—he could count on a vote, giving him crucial support in a tight race. To wit, more than 37 percent of his vote total came from African Americans. It’s not hard to see what the race would have looked like with 2009 numbers; a four percent drop in black turnout would have slashed roughly 80,000 votes from McAuliffe’s total, turning Ken Cuccinelli’s narrow loss into a slim victory.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...

another vote suppression fail.

you conservatives pretty much suck at everything anymore.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell living in America these days-would want to bust ass -just to support more ILLEGAL(s) and the illicit activities of?
(Honest, ethical, wage earners that struggle daily to at least TRY provide for themselves excluded of course).
What a sick country this nation has turned into over the past five years.
Sick,sick, sick.
You got that right. I've got a solution. Stop paying all welfare. That will fix the "unemployment" problem and the illegal alien problem at the same time.
Work or starve.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Here's something sure to drive rightwingers even further off the deep end -

FDA to ban artery-clogging trans fats

WASHINGTON (AP)— Heart-clogging trans fats have been slowly disappearing from grocery aisles and restaurant menus in the last decade. Now, the Food and Drug Administration is finishing the job.

The FDA plans to announce later Thursday that it will require the food industry to gradually phase out all trans fats, saying they are a threat to people's health. Commissioner Margaret Hamburg said the move could prevent 20,000 heart attacks a year and 7,000 deaths.

Hamburg said that while the amount of trans fats in the country's diet has declined dramatically in the last decade, they "remain an area of significant public health concern." The trans fats have long been criticized by nutritionists, and New York and other local governments have banned them.

The agency isn't yet setting a timeline for the phase-out, but will collect comments for two months before officials determine how long it will take. Different foods may have different timelines, depending how easy it is to substitute.

"We want to do it in a way that doesn't unduly disrupt markets," says Michael Taylor, FDA's deputy commissioner for foods. Still, he says, "industry has demonstrated that it is by and large feasible to do."
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Cheers and Jeers: Thursday

When Chris Christie said, "I sought a second term to finish the job, now watch me do it," it would've been more comforting if he wasn't unloading boxes of dynamite at the time.

In the 24 hours after the polls closed Tuesday, I received 2,397 emails from various campaigns informing me that our work isn’t finished, by which they apparently meant the work involving me giving them money.

Tuesday's Democratic winners will be careful to enact policies that don't overreach. Tuesday's Republican winners will be careful to enact policies that do nothing but overreach.

Rand Paul is a serial plagiarizer who should be, at minimum, publicly reprimanded in the Senate.

Protein is very important for a healthy body, which is why I eat five servings of hair and fingernails every day.

If the goal of the Republican party's 2013 "re-branding" campaign is to insult blacks, Latinos, seniors, LGBT'ers and women even more, then it's working.

The happiest people in the wake of Portland Maine voters' approval of recreational pot were pizza joints and 24-hour convenience stores.

I'm working on my 2014 resolutions. So far I have "Take world hostage with moon laser" listed right after "Build moon laser." I've rented a workbench for the job up at the Gingrich colony.

I love that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker seems to be laying the groundwork for a shot at the presidency. It's like watching a three-year-old run around the house in Daddy's wingtips.

The only possible explanation I can come up with for why the sun is setting an hour earlier today than it did a week ago is sorcery.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/07/1253...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Three more years! Obama has almost 40 per cent of his term(s) left!
Let that sink in. Everyone around you will have to listen to you whine for over 1,000 days. All you right wing morons can do yourselves a favor and go get a life.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Usually when in medical terms you "pass it to see what's in it" means a stole sample. I think that's what we got.
A "stole" sample??? Aw, flack, you must be the brightest feller in all of Virginia...or should that read feeler?

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The most powerful man in the world couldn't keep his penis under control--several times. In the process Clinton, not only soiled himself and the blue dress, but the he soiled the Constitution, the public trust and the Presidency itself. He is a loser, just like his wife aka the Doormat.
Where is it in he Constitution that you can't get blown?

You have no idea of the relationship between the Clintons.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Oh lookie! The no life spell checking gnome is back!

She found a bone, and now will take it out in the back yard to bury it. I can see her tail wagging now!

LMAO!
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>A "stole" sample??? Aw, flack, you must be the brightest feller in all of Virginia...or should that read feeler?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Clinton did not have sexual relations with Monica.
HOw do you think Chelsea feels about the mess that surrounded her mommy and daddy and some strange chick that was not her mommy?

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO--are you saying the leader of the free world was so easy that anyone could have their way with him? The most powerful man in the world...couldn't stop a 20 year old from screwing him.
OMG OMG what a piss poor man Bill Clinton was. Wasn't Clinton married to some dyke doormat? I think liberals should blame her--makes more sense, doesn't it?
You claimed Monica was sought after by Clinton. That was a lie.

Monica pursued & Clinton said why not. Two adults.

You don't know the arrangement between Bill & Hillary. It really is none of your business.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it in he Constitution that you can't get blown?
You have no idea of the relationship between the Clintons.
Dumb Dave has no concept of dignity. The Office of the President of the United States has been soiled, especially by the current moron. Dumb Dave sings HodiDo, ladida.

You are an idiot, Dumb Dave.

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
HOw do you think Chelsea feels about the mess that surrounded her mommy and daddy and some strange chick that was not her mommy?
Chelsea was obviously not in the minds of the Republicans who decided to make this into national problem.

Like those Republicans never got head in their office..and not only by females. Newt was having an affair in front of his kids at the time.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Two adults deciding to have some fun.
Why do you care?
"real dumb"
You speak as if you are one who is all in favor of two adults, not married to one another, having fun. Is that what you tell your wife when you decide to stray? I was just having a little fun? You are truly a sick sack of manure.
Peace
KMA

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Here's something sure to drive rightwingers even further off the deep end -
FDA to ban artery-clogging trans fats
WASHINGTON (AP)— Heart-clogging trans fats have been slowly disappearing from grocery aisles and restaurant menus in the last decade. Now, the Food and Drug Administration is finishing the job.
The FDA plans to announce later Thursday that it will require the food industry to gradually phase out all trans fats, saying they are a threat to people's health. Commissioner Margaret Hamburg said the move could prevent 20,000 heart attacks a year and 7,000 deaths.
Hamburg said that while the amount of trans fats in the country's diet has declined dramatically in the last decade, they "remain an area of significant public health concern." The trans fats have long been criticized by nutritionists, and New York and other local governments have banned them.
The agency isn't yet setting a timeline for the phase-out, but will collect comments for two months before officials determine how long it will take. Different foods may have different timelines, depending how easy it is to substitute.
"We want to do it in a way that doesn't unduly disrupt markets," says Michael Taylor, FDA's deputy commissioner for foods. Still, he says, "industry has demonstrated that it is by and large feasible to do."
What is a "trans fat"?
Is it naturally occurring in what is normally edible food?
If the "trans fat" is naturally occurring, does the FDA order it be replaced with an unnatural product?

If I came across a wild boar, killed it, and ate it. Would that wold boar contain "trans fat"?

If I ate nothing but brocolli my entire life, eventually I would die from something that was in the brocolli.

What business is it of the FDA to tell me how much fat I can have in my rib eye?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

This candidate is probably the only true queen running....

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/11/06/mal...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Anyone know what the lie of the week is from Obama & Democrats?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,666
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr LMS 97,540
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr fearless 67,968
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Jews against gambling 68,380
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 4 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search