Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

nj raider1

Vineland, NJ

#1020354 Nov 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
<nuts>
<clueless>
.... looking for a <white-hating, jew-hating racist bigot> icon
I don't take any personal feelings when comments come from your direction! I qualify as the most insane person i've ever met. Your evidence is your opinion, & your thought process is primitive. Racism should never fall from your lips

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1020355 Nov 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah.
Already been posted.
Paul Ryan said they existed. Are you calling your hero a liar??
Then you should have no problem whatsoever proving subsidies to oil companies exist.

Show me the subsidies to oil companies.

You can't. They don't exist.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020356 Nov 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Wretch, a other dumb post.
The 2% that are homosexual want you out of their life.
I understand you want the ability to discriminate against guys & Muslims.
Did you have to 'come out' to announce losing your virginity?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020357 Nov 8, 2013
We have a winner!

1 person in NC signs up on exchange...

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/11/08/rock...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020358 Nov 8, 2013
The madness begins...and everyone gets what they want...

"Southern California High School Under Pressure To Drop ‘Arab’ Mascot"

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/07/southe...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1020359 Nov 8, 2013
nj raider1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't take any personal feelings when comments come from your direction! I qualify as the most insane person i've ever met. Your evidence is your opinion, & your thought process is primitive. Racism should never fall from your lips
Let's see if I understand what you're saying....

You qualify as the most insane person you've ever met.

Did I get that right? I agree with your assessment, given the condition that you don't meet yourself for the first time every morning. If that's the case you're the most insane person anyone else has ever met, also.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1020360 Nov 8, 2013
nj raider1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't take any personal feelings when comments come from your direction! I qualify as the most insane person i've ever met. Your evidence is your opinion, & your thought process is primitive. Racism should never fall from your lips
Let's see how your sanity works with this:

It is a felony for someone in one department or agency to transfer personal information of one American citizen to any other department or agency, moron. That is the written law.

Now, we have this fact:

Top Internal Revenue Service Obamacare official Sarah Hall Ingram discussed confidential taxpayer information with senior Obama White House officials, according to 2012 emails obtained by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Lois Lerner, then head of the IRS Tax Exempt Organizations division, also received an email alongside White House officials that contained confidential information.

What this means is Sarah Hall Ingram committed a felony (and should be sent to prison for violation of that specific law). She included Lois Lerner and the White House in her violation of that law. Lois Lerner and the White House were complicit in that violation of that law. Therefore, Lois Lerner and whomever in the White House participated in this violation of that law should be sent to prison.

If you noticed, I referenced the law without referencing any political orientation, something you are not able to do.

So, since it's very obvious Sarah Hall Ingram and Lois Lerner and whomever was the recipient in the White House committed a felony, why should they not be sent to prison?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020361 Nov 8, 2013
Tweets and terrorists..

"I'm confused...If Obama offered up an apology for his heinous HC law, does that mean the ppl who opposed it are also no longer terrorists?"

https://twitter.com/LilMissRightie/status/398...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1020362 Nov 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah.
Already been posted.
Paul Ryan said they existed. Are you calling your hero a liar??
Give it up, idiot. You've been trying for months to find proof that subsidies to oil companies exist, and you haven't come up with squat. Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist. There is no such thing as a subsidy to oil companies in the United States of America.

By the way, you're running away from this like the plague:

It is a felony for someone in one department or agency to transfer personal information of one American citizen to any other department or agency, moron. That is the written law.

Now, we have this fact:

Top Internal Revenue Service Obamacare official Sarah Hall Ingram discussed confidential taxpayer information with senior Obama White House officials, according to 2012 emails obtained by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Lois Lerner, then head of the IRS Tax Exempt Organizations division, also received an email alongside White House officials that contained confidential information.

What this means is Sarah Hall Ingram committed a felony (and should be sent to prison for violation of that specific law). She included Lois Lerner and the White House in her violation of that law. Lois Lerner and the White House were complicit in that violation of that law. Therefore, Lois Lerner and whomever in the White House participated in this violation of that law should be sent to prison.

If you noticed, I referenced the law without referencing any political orientation, something you are not able to do.

So, since it's very obvious Sarah Hall Ingram and Lois Lerner and whomever was the recipient in the White House committed a felony, why should they not be sent to prison?
endtimes

Marietta, GA

#1020363 Nov 8, 2013

SEPT 2014 :---SIGNS of Tribulation "start"

http://youtu.be/xO_Sk9CzFkY

Laney F

New York, NY

#1020364 Nov 8, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
These hypocrites like Dumb Dave don't make any sense and are so conflicted.
Libs are hypocrites. They just can't be helped. Another example:

'On Monday, Secretary of State John Kerry met with Saudi King Abdullah to try and warm relations between the two countries.“A true relationship between friends is based on sincerity, candor and frankness,” said Prince Saudi al-Faisal, the Saudi foreign minister, after the meeting.

But Kerry certainly wasn’t frank about Saudi Arabia’s brutal treatment of women; according to The New York Times,“Wary of inflaming Saudi sensitivities, Mr. Kerry sidestepped a reporter’s question about whether Saudi women should be allowed to drive, casting the debate as one ‘best left to Saudi Arabia.’”

The Obama administration has shown no such shyness with regard to ISRAEL:

In 2011, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton launched into a diatribe against segregated buses in religious communities for women and men, despite the fact that those buses exist only in ultra-religious communities.

She also ripped into religious male soldiers leaving concerts at which women sang (there are some interpretations of Jewish law requiring that men not hear women sing).

Clinton compared Israel to Iran and the pre-civil rights movement South.

LECTURING A DEMOCRACY LIKE ISRAEL IS LIBERALISM.
LECTURING A SEXIST MONARCHY LIKE SAUDI ARABIA IS IMPERIALISM,
ACCORDING TO THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/11/05...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1020365 Nov 8, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Tweets and terrorists..
"I'm confused...If Obama offered up an apology for his heinous HC law, does that mean the ppl who opposed it are also no longer terrorists?"
https://twitter.com/LilMissRightie/status/398...
They're still terrorists. They might not be racist, though. Obama will have to get Vallerie Jarrett's endorsement on that first, though.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1020366 Nov 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you did not discriminate against gas, they wouldn't be in our face.
They deserve the same rights & privileges as all Americans.
As stated in the CONSTITUTION. Ever read it? Didn't think so.
The Constitution guarantees rights. The Constitution does not guarantee priviledges. You'd know that if you knew the difference between a right and a priviledge... and if you, and Obama for that matter, had ever read the Constitution in your life.

The ignorance of Democrats is continually evident. Here, you demonstrate your ignorance of the Constitution, and also that you are ignorant of the difference between a right and a priviledge.

You should probably shut up and listen for a while. You might become less ignorant if you do that.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020367 Nov 8, 2013
Signs the Obama economy is on fire!

-46,496,000 in America are now living in poverty

- real median income of American households dropped by $2,627....

- people in poverty increased by approximately 6,667,000....

http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p60-245.p...
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1020368 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're a coconut head too.
At least 3.5 million Americans have been issued cancellations, but the exact number is unclear. Associated Press checks find that data is unavailable in a half the states.
http://news.msn.com/us/obamas-health-law-fina...
That was from MSN - can't get much more liberally biased than that.
"Coconut head" Carol? Just because he(or she) accurately pointed out that insurance companies have always cancelled policies for various reasons like when someone has the audacity to actually get sick. Pardon me if I'm not really sympathetic to those who decided to throw the dice and gamble with their family's health and financial stability with a junk policy that would actually cost them more than they saved with their cheap ass premiums. I'm more concerned about the 49 million who now qualify for insurance coverage under the affordable Care Act. The ones I really feel sorry for are the 30 million who will remain without coverage because GOP governors decided against Medicaid expansion in their states in a partisan snit.
Here's how the American people benefit from the ACA;
&#61607; Health insurance companies now have to spend at least 80 cents of each premium dollar on health care costs instead of profits, or give consumers a refund. In 2012, 8.5 million Americans received about $500 million in rebates.
&#61607; All insurance companies must now publicly justify any rate increase of 10 percent or more. So far, the rate review program has helped save Americans about $1 billion.
&#61607; Insurance companies can no longer drop coverage because a plan Some 129 million nonelderly Americans have preexisting conditions. Under the ACA, insurers can no longer deny coverage to children because they have a preexisting condition, including diabetes or asthma. Starting in 2014, health insurers will no longer be able to charge more or deny coverage to anyone because of a preexisting condition.
&#61607; Obamacare has allowed 3.1 million young adults who would otherwise have been uninsured to remain on their parents' health insurance plans until age 26.
&#61607; The ACA helps close the Medicare prescription drug "doughnut hole," the dollar limit on the drug costs the plan will cover each year.(The limit now is $2,970). Since 2010, over 6.6 million Americans with Medicare have saved over $7 billion on prescription drugs, or an average of $1,061 per person.
&#61607; Most insurance plans now have to cover preventive care for free. Beginning in 2014, Obamacare will require most health plans in the individual and small group markets to cover 10 essential health benefits, including hospitalization, prescription drugs, maternity and newborn care, and mental health and rehab services.
Who's the coconut head Carol? That would be you.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020369 Nov 8, 2013
Nothing to see here...

"...at a fundraiser in Texas last night, President Obama said his administration is “remaking the courts.”

http://twitchy.com/2013/11/07/at-a-fundraiser...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020370 Nov 8, 2013
What's up morans/normals?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1020371 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Changes to Social Security are on the horizon because the massive retirement and disability program is projected to run dry in 2033. At that point, Social Security would only collect enough taxes to pay about three-fourths of benefits. If Congress doesn't act, benefits automatically would be cut by about 25 percent.
http://news.msn.com/us/poll-older-americans-n...
Now let's see...who keeps saying Social Security is a great government-run program and doesn't need reform? And accused their opposition of wanting to kill grandma for suggesting it?
And who keeps saying it must be reformed to be sustained?
Why do most liberals willfully ignore the obvious?
No Carol we're not ignoring the obvious. Your side says that we should raise the retirement age and cut benefits while our side has a simpler solution; raise or eliminate the income cap on which Social Security is paid.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020372 Nov 8, 2013
Progressives, man marries a man, and dolphins are next, you just don't know it!!!!!

"Of the 29 well-studied dolphins just mentioned, 13 of them exhibited ‘misdirected sexual behaviour towards humans, buoys, and/or vessels’, which means the dolphins (mostly males) occasionally sported an erection and attempted to mount swimmers..."

http://www.aeonmagazine.com/nature-and-cosmos...
Laney F

New York, NY

#1020373 Nov 8, 2013
MADE IN CHINA wrote:
Forget the shutdown: Job creation surged in October despite dimmed expectations from the impasse in Washington.
There were a net 204,000 new jobs created for the month, though the unemployment rate rose to 7.3 percent. A separate measure that includes the underemployed and those who have quit looking also moved higher, from 13.6 percent to 13.8 percent.
The numbers easily topped economist expectations of 120,000 new nonfarm payroll jobs for the month, though it matched estimates for a slightly increase in the headline jobless rate.
"I find this bizarre," Moody's economist Mark Zandi told CNBC. "I wouldn't be surprised if this gets revised to some degree...down."
The data gave markets a jolt: Stock market futures that had indicated a higher opening turned lower, while interest rates spiked.
The numbers were expected to be noisy due in large part to the government shutdown and generally speaking have been on a modest downward trajectory lately. Heading into October, the economy was creating an average 185,000 jobs per month.
THE USA GOV HAVE EXPORT OUR JOBS!
THE USA GOV PAYS HEALTHY PEOPLE ON WELFARE NOT TO
WORK!
THEY REGULATE THE HELL OUT OF BUSINESS!
THEY IMPORT MEXICANS TO DO THE WORK THAT THE HEALTHY PEOPLE ON WELFARE COULD DO!
WERE ARE THE JOBS,LOOK AT EVERTHING YOU BUY!
MADE IN CHINA!
John Crudele had interesting take on this:

October is one of those months when the Labor Department is pretty optimistic about the number of jobs it thinks (but can’t prove) were created by small, newly formed companies.

Last October, the Labor Department added 118,000 of these phantom jobs to the monthly count and there’s no reason it should be less generous this year.

Then there is the effect of the government shutdown that happened in mid-October. Because government workers have been paid — or will eventually be paid — their positions are not being counted as lost in the survey that produces the job count.

So those “furloughed” workers will not detract from job growth in the so-called establishment (or company) survey, which results in the figure that gives us monthly job growth.

If all 800,000 of those furloughed positions had been deducted, Friday’s number would come in at minus hundreds of thousands of jobs.

These furloughed workers will, however, be included in the unemployment rate, which is derived from a separate survey taken by calling houses. This could temporarily boost the jobless rate by a couple tenths of a percentage point.

That’s not to say the government shutdown won’t have any impact on the total number of jobs, as measured through the establishment survey. When the government shut down, people in the private sector were probably temporarily or even permanently let go from jobs connected to government contracts.

But will the effect be enough to reduce Friday’s number to growth of just 85,000, as Wall Street is expecting?

This is an unaccustomed position for me but I’m going to have to bet the over — meaning, I think the figure will come in over 85,000.

Keep one other thing in mind, though. No matter what, the figure will be the epitome of a mulligan: the forgiven shot that anyone who plays golf knows about.

All of this is moot, of course. The Fed will ignore the number when determining whether or not to begin to back off its quantitative easing policy. And economists will have a legitimate excuse to treat the October number will disdain.

Our concerns about the economy will get serious again on Dec. 6, when the November jobs figure comes out and we can again fret about the direction of our country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy 4-27-15 9 min Sublime1 3
Dear Abby 4-27-15 13 min Sublime1 3
abby 4-26 27 min RACE 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 28 min PEllen 99,364
bf jealous of cats 1 hr guest 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Freddy Krueger 89
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,714
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 187,370
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]