Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404795 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020593 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't believe a word Dylan Ratigan has to say and neither should you.
Kirsten Powers tells FOX News' Megyn Kelly her health insurance premium has doubled from $160 to $300 a month and she is okay with it because she supports Obamacare.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1020594 Nov 8, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We borrow money from China to pay for this?
$1.8 million
"In Las Vegas, Nevada,$1.8 million went to build a ‘museum of neon signs.’ The purpose of the museum is to preserve old neon signs that are no longer in use"
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
Hmmmm. The city of Las Vegas has received $5.2 million in federal grant money since 2004 to build the Neon Boneyard Park and Museum... only $1.8 million of that was under the Obama administration.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020595 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, regardless that I do have very strong opinions about abortion and sucking babies out of women's wombs in a vacuum is amoral and barbaric and that it will come back to haunt us if it hasn't already....my focus right now is watching the show unfold on the Democratic stage and hoping beyond hope it's the silver lining we were both hoping for in 2012.
Can't you see that we both win if that proves to be the case? No matter where we stand on the issue of abortion?
impossible to win if saddled with the abortion issue...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020596 Nov 8, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Also the fact that it pays for itself. This will end up being another sucking libtard welfare program.
The real cost to the federal deficit will be the huge increase in the number of people on Medicaid. ObamaKKKare has no funding whatsoever for that.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1020597 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jean from Queens gives herself away by use of another obscure Yiddish word....
I've been calling Kvetch "dybbuk" for years. I still don't know who Jean from Queens is....where does she post so I can say hello.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1020598 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
even a drunken blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut...
I was going to use the blind squirrel analogy__but decided not to this time. Because

You really are correct about the damage that the religious right has heaped on the GOP since GHWB invited that scummy little fk Ralph Reed to join he and Barbara on the stage. Twas a sad moment in American politics.

And if the TeaParty wing of the GOP continues to allow slugs like Amy Kremer, Jenny Beth Martin and L Brent Bozell III to control the GOP message__well__they may as well dig up David Duke.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1020599 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony Weiner can't even get it up to satisfy his own base.
How in the world do you think he could possibly beat anyone - but himself - at this point?
I'm not sure who was worse, but NYC will soon regret electing Obama-Lite.
Joan

United States

#1020600 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony Weiner can't even get it up to satisfy his own base.
How in the world do you think he could possibly beat anyone - but himself - at this point?
No I'm quite sure you're wrong. He has a intense interest in photography and was able to publish his ability to get it up.

No hate mail please.(Deep Sarcasm)

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1020601 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Intolerance, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
No it's not. Tolerance is simple. Either you are willing to tolerate differences in religious beliefs or you are not. There is no gray area.

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1020602 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Why is that a hard pill to swallow, Homer part of that 92%. What is your point?
That means we're both in the 92%.

So do the extremists on your side represent your personal beliefs on every issue anymore than the extremists do on mine?

(I do believe we're getting somewhere, Homer.)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1020603 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The real cost to the federal deficit will be the huge increase in the number of people on Medicaid. ObamaKKKare has no funding whatsoever for that.
Yep the numbers will be staggering.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1020604 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now you know how it feels.
I don't know of one conservative who is trying to change the law to make abortion on demand legal in all phases of pregnancy including born alive babies. There are quite a few on your side.
That doesn't mean all liberals think alike on this issue.
Lumping people together who happen to share the same same political ideology but don't always share the same beliefs on social issues is not fair or necessary. Right?
I don't know of one single liberal is trying to change the law. Period.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1020605 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The premise of ObamaKKKare was that taxes on the rich would pay for care for the poor. The reality is that higher premiums on the middle class will pay for care for the poor. Just as planned.
The idea that ObamaKKKare would lower costs has already been proven idiotic.
As I said...only time will tell. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020606 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm. The city of Las Vegas has received $5.2 million in federal grant money since 2004 to build the Neon Boneyard Park and Museum... only $1.8 million of that was under the Obama administration.
wasteful federal programs are wasteful federal programs regardless of the party in power...
Joan

United States

#1020607 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
The failure of the website may be a blessing in disguise for ObamaKKKare. If more people could get through, more people would find out how badly they are getting screwed.
DemoKKKrats will pay the price in Novenber 2014.
The estimates on the ACA website are very misleading. Enrollees of ObamaCare are stunned when they find out the real cost. Apparently the website lumps wildly ranging age groups to make it appear more affordable to the public.

Another fraud?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1020608 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
impossible to win if saddled with the abortion issue...
If only liberals didn't invent invisible wars on women and everyone else come election time...

But I can actually go along with your suggested response by conservatives candidates who are against abortion when asked direct questions by the liberal moderators in the next debates.

Defeating the liberal ideology and all that it entails is the #1 priority at this point. And abortion will not be overturned with one election cycle.

So, yes, we agree.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1020609 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
The failure of the website may be a blessing in disguise for ObamaKKKare. If more people could get through, more people would find out how badly they are getting screwed.
DemoKKKrats will pay the price in Novenber 2014.
Again, the exchanges are not for everyone. If someone doesn't qualify for a subsidy they will, more than likely, do better in the private market. That is a Fact. I'm sure even you can still find a shoddy plan for about $50.00 a month.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020610 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Tolerance is simple. Either you are willing to tolerate differences in religious beliefs or you are not. There is no gray area.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi
there is a difference between tolerance and acceptance...for example, tolerating outward homosexuality without accepting same....

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1020611 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt, as usual, is dumber than sh*t. Yes, that cost was included in theCBO analysis.
Nuculeosanusbama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1020612 Nov 8, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>FINALLY...we agree on something.
That Obama is a liar and you are a fake spelling teacher

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Sublime1 103,218
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 min Ize Found 70,836
News Chicago Police union to officers: Don't request... 54 min bozo 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,661
Malik Obama is voting for Donald TRUMP. 1 hr Malik BACKS TRUMP 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 9,220
woman on the bench across from chicago grand sh... 1 hr Mikki 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques in Orleans 219,546

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages