Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
Jessup

United States

#1019356 Nov 6, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>I wish Rand Paul had plagiarized more, then he could someday be Vice President. Just ask Crazy Joe Biden. And btw, no one has less executive experience than Obama. Even the panhandlers on the street have more executive experience than the Empty Suit, forever to be known as Supreme Liar in Chief.
I support term limits for all politicians!

One term in office.
One term in prison.

Detroit and Chicago already do it that way.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1019357 Nov 6, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>I wish Rand Paul had plagiarized more, then he could someday be Vice President. Just ask Crazy Joe Biden. And btw, no one has less executive experience than Obama. Even the panhandlers on the street have more executive experience than the Empty Suit, forever to be known as Supreme Liar in Chief.
Sounds like you've been up crying all night!!

And well you should.

Pretty funny to see a loser like you complain about executive experience for a man who's been President for 5 years already!!

Gee, isn't being a President 'executive experience'??

He has more of it than George HW Bush had. He only served one term and had no prior executive experience!!

You lose again, but you're used to it!!

But keep it up if it makes you feel better after the Teabag disaster yesterday!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1019358 Nov 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
Rand Paul - The plagiarist.
Paul Ryan - They guy who couldn't sell his budget plan to his own party because even they knew it wouldn't work.
Sarah Palin - The Alaska quitta with less executive experience than Obama.
Christine O'Donnell - the witchy woman.
That's a political "murderers row" eh?
I hope you run them all!
O'bama never had any executive experience, and even as president-he knows nothing. O'bama is now lying about his lies. You can't make this O'bamaliarcare stuff up~
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1019359 Nov 6, 2013
Racial Pride brought down the KLAn the obama supporters should learn that lesson after all they are members of the party of the KLAN

Location hidden

#1019360 Nov 6, 2013
Laney F wrote:
Obama disapproval rating lower than Bush’s at the same point in presidency
“By the same light” it seems obvious that the majority of the American people disapproved of both presidents at the same point in their presidency.
But other than that the disapproval comes via different routes.
President Bush was fighting not only an unpopular war, but a NEGATIVE PRESS and the Democratic party that continually went negative about he and his administration (something they seem to have forgotten since President Obama has taken office).
OBAMA, on the other hand, has pretty much gotten a FREE PASS on Afghanistan and has had a supportive, almost ADORING PRESS that has mostly worked to blunt any criticism of he and his administration, to include any criticism by Republicans.
But despite that, his approval rating is in the toilet. Why? That’s the pregnant question, isn’t it? The answer seems to be “cumulative”.
Over the years, as we’ve gotten to know Mr. Obama, we’ve found we don’t like him as much as we thought we might.
We find he’s petulant and sometimes petty. We have learned he doesn’t like bad news, doesn’t like to be blamed for anything and when he is he tries to pass the blame off to others.
Or, in other words, we’ve discovered he isn’t much of a leader, not a particularly good politician and seems to have NO IDEA about what he’s doing.
We’ve seen:
our stock in the world plummet,
the economy founder and
his signature legislation – ObamaCare – is an unpopular disaster.
You’ll remember that the surge eventually worked in Afghanistan and that Bush’s numbers rallied slightly.
Frankly I see nothing on the horizon that might do the same for Mr. Obama.
Pundits say the government shutdown will hurt Republicans. But that’s been overshadowed by the ACA DEBACLE.
The economy continues to underwhelm,
there are the NSA and IRS SCANDALS,
the Russians, Chinese and many others have absolutely NO RESPECT for this country’s leadership
and Democrats rightly fear the ACA will sink them in 2014 unless it is fixed and fixed quickly.
Whatever you may say about President Bush, he was a leader. He made the unpopular decision to double down on Iraq and push the surge despite opposition both externally and internally.
Mr. OBAMA SHOWS NO SUCH LEADERSHIP TRAITS WHATSOEVER.
His is almost an ABSENTEE administration with his supposed “hands off” management style (a euphemism for NOT DOING ANYTHING).
There seems to be no reason, given the facts of his “governing style” to expect Mr. Obama’s approval numbers to rally anytime soon if at all.
So when you get your ass kicked in the elections, you go on to whine about Obama??

You're not fooling anyone, little girl.

Your jaws are so jacked up, you've broken a couple of molars today!!

I'm lovin' watching you Teabags squirm and moan!!

Carry on with your crying jag, loser!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1019361 Nov 6, 2013
The Decline of the Tea Party

There is an apocryphal story about the origins of neoconservatism in the 1960s. Some liberal professors at Harvard were sympathetic to the New Left and such radical groups as Students for a Democratic Society. But one day one of these professors heard the radicals suggest burning down the Harvard library as an act of protest, and the professor suddenly realized that he had nothing in common with them at all. He organized some other professors into a vigil to protect the library at all cost.

Today, the problem isn’t the New Left, but the radical right, which has dominated American politics at least since the rise of the Tea Party movement in 2009 following the election of Barack Obama. It’s too soon to say for sure, but recent events suggest that some of those previously supporting the Tea Party have had their Harvard library moment. There are signs of a pushback among the wealthy, conservative elites and the business community that may see the political pendulum begin to swing back toward the middle.

No one particular event seems to have created this moment. The government shutdown is one, the impending Republican loss in the Virginia governor’s race is another, and so is the dawning recognition that the right-wing war on the poor and glorification of profits and wealth may have gone too far.

....On Oct. 28, the Republican governor of Ohio, John R. Kasich, blasted his party for its “war on the poor.” He said that the G.O.P. implicitly believed that “if you’re poor, somehow you are shiftless and lazy.” Against Tea Party opposition, Governor Kasich recently expanded Medicaid in his state under the Affordable Care Act – an act of virtual treason against Tea Party dogma.

On Oct. 31, Arthur Brooks, president of the American Enterprise Institute, a prominent think tank in Washington, said the conservative war against the social safety net was “just insane.” He urged his fellow conservatives to “declare peace on the safety net.”

James Pethokoukis, a scholar at the institute, seconded that olive branch to the poor, saying the social safety net had performed well during the economic crisis, contrary to the Tea Party view that programs like food stamps and unemployment insurance only subsidize idleness. He says conservatives should work to mend the welfare state, not end it.

It is ironic that that A.E.I. should be leading the charge toward a more sympathetic approach to the poor; another of its scholars, Nicholas Eberstadt, wrote a book last year,“A Nation of Takers,” which blasted growth of the welfare population and was widely credited with inspiring Mitt Romney’s attack on the 47 percent of the population who are “dependent on government.”

I have long believed that the Tea Party is a populist movement with no staying power. When it was at its peak, conservatives and Republicans sought to harness its energy to achieve long-held ideological, electoral and legislative goals. But the Tea Party has proved to be a double-edged sword that now threatens those goals more than it aids them. A pushback has clearly begun.

Republican hopes in 2016 may depend on how well it succeeds.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1019362 Nov 6, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
State tax on a pack of cigarettes: CT $3.40, Kentucky .60
Kentucky controls the amount of tobacco grown.

Property rights include Tobacco Base, the amount of tobacco that can be grown on that property.. It is deeded & can be sold just like mineral rights. I don't know if other states do the same. I owned a farm there but the base had been sold off years before. I did own the oil rights & it had 5 stripper wells on the property. Oil was so cheap then that only one well was still in production.

Kentucky's liquor stores also have a drive up window where you can buy anything you want from a 5th to a mixed drink in a can.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1019363 Nov 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, going from losing 750,000 jobs a month & an economy shrinking at a rate over 8.3% to 12 months straight of job gains in 2010 & 5 straight quarters of economic growth is nothing?
Republicans couldn't allow this to continue as it would make Obama look good & cost then a shot in 23022. Just ask your buddy Mitch McConnell.
In 2001 when George Bush spoke from the rubble after 9-11, Democrats pitched in & stood with the President.
'After the economic disaster lefty by Bush, what did Republicans do???? Played politics.
PATHETIC. The Republican Party should be ashamed of itself. A pack a whiney, me-first asswipes who voted against this country ever since Obama took office.
So, going form an economy based on full time employment to an economy where there are 5 times as many part time jobs created as full time jobs, thus an economy that puts 5 people into poverty for every one person allowed a living wage, is an improving economy?
In what communist-infected world is that true?

If you recall, the Democrats stood with the United States in the war the Arabs started until they got everything they possibly could from the Republicans to support their Marxist CRA program, and when there was nothing more the Republicans could give them, the Democrats did the exact same thing they did throughout the Cold War and sabotaged the United States during a time of war.
Today, we have the Arab terrorists in the goddam White House, you moron.
Now, tell us again who's side the Democrats are on in the war the Arabs started with the United States.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1019364 Nov 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fear is obvious!! Your tears are all over your post!!
Cry, little Betsy Wetsie!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
VA has put the nail in the teabag coffin.
Cuccinelli ran against OBAMACARE and he lost!!
Old farts like you will likely be dead before the next election!!
I'm lovin' it!!
Democrat sweep in 2014!!
Dems elect Hillary or Christie in 2016! Either way, we win!!
Whattup, gurl convict!!

Why would I give a fck about what happens in some east coast blue state shthole? In AZ we beat phags like mcaullquiff down and throw them on the trash heap (just like we do to convicts like you).

He outspent the tea party guy by FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS for a governor's race, yet BARELY won. In fact, the only reason he DID win was because the east coast RINO's didn't endorse the tea party candidate. We WILL get rid of those fraudulent phags soon enough.

You're a retarded convict, but I KNOW you know this is a terrible sign for leftist phags (you just wont admit it, much like your incarceration).

I'm headed into the forest now, so please post the entire time I am riding my Honda XR into the wilderness. Enjoy those four grey walls, prisoner!!

Prevented this

#1019365 Nov 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Outlaw vaginal probing? But son.... that's what cons do! Even Cuccinelli wanted it on the law books!
Abortion is a vaginal probe--you libs love it. The more you kill by way of vaginal probe the more you rejoice.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1019366 Nov 6, 2013
Sparky cars...

"Shades of Solyndra: Team Obama mum as another green energy firm went bust"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/...

Prevented this

#1019367 Nov 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The radical reich wing has pushed around the people and the country far too long.
The debt ceiling issue only served to show how self centered they are focusing solely on their wants and desires.
I don't expect this to be a merry Christmas for retailers since the current debt ceiling issue is still hanging over everyone's head instead of a mistletoe.
And cons know they're still being blamed as well they should be!
The retail season has sucked every year O'bama has been president. People aren't going to spend when faced with the O'bamaliarcare-it's law--fleeced by democrats again. Why would you worry about Christmas--you don't believe in G-d.

Location hidden

#1019368 Nov 6, 2013
Poor little Teabags are in full retreat today.

Their excuses and attempts to change the subject are laughable.

First Cruz gets crucified by Rmoney.

Randy Paul is having hysterics after being caught plagiarizing multiple times!!

Cucciteabag gets crushed in VA after basing his entire campaign on anti-Obamacare bullshit!!

I guess you losers have good reason to stay away from the keyboard today!!

I'm lovin' it!!

A Repugnant Governor in VA doesn't even have the standing to get his own LT. Governor elected.

A sad, sad time for Repugnants in VA.

A complete debacle for the Teabags!!

America has spoken. They said 'Teabags go to hell'!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1019369 Nov 6, 2013
It's the laughing lunatic liberal!
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy to see you're crying as you type!!
Too bad, Teabag, you've seen the future, and you're ilk is dead in it!!
Couldn't happen to a more deserving Teabagging phag!!
And here you've been saying how America loves the Teabags!!
Yet America has rejected them every time they run for elected office!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Prevented this

#1019370 Nov 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
It's fun to watch cons run and hide when reality slugs them right in the chops.
The yellow stripe down their back shines brightest then!
Your ISP says California again. ROTFLMAO. So usasincenever--why do you loons have to lie?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1019371 Nov 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you get your ass kicked in the elections, you go on to whine about Obama??
You're not fooling anyone, little girl.
Your jaws are so jacked up, you've broken a couple of molars today!!
I'm lovin' watching you Teabags squirm and moan!!
Carry on with your crying jag, loser!!
Remember what you wish for others when it comes back to you remember all the garbage you spew remember all the LIES you have supported all the Hate jusst remember because nothing last forever dont cry RACISM when it hits you just remember your RACISM and Bigotry name calling just REMEMBER you are BLACK and OBAMA didnt change that and still POOR OBAMA didnt change that so HOPE that he last another 50 years because when he is gone no matter DEMOCRAT or REPUBLICAN they will remember your racism
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1019372 Nov 6, 2013
Other than moderate Republican Realtime, we are left with the Tea Bagging wing of the Republican party posting on this thread.

I was going to put that in the form of a question but I think that is an accurate statement.

Comments? Questions?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1019373 Nov 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, going form an economy based on full time employment to an economy where there are 5 times as many part time jobs created as full time jobs, thus an economy that puts 5 people into poverty for every one person allowed a living wage, is an improving economy?
In what communist-infected world is that true?
If you recall, the Democrats stood with the United States in the war the Arabs started until they got everything they possibly could from the Republicans to support their Marxist CRA program, and when there was nothing more the Republicans could give them, the Democrats did the exact same thing they did throughout the Cold War and sabotaged the United States during a time of war.
Today, we have the Arab terrorists in the goddam White House, you moron.
Now, tell us again who's side the Democrats are on in the war the Arabs started with the United States.
How did your Tea Baggers running for election do yesterday?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1019374 Nov 6, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Traffic jam-purple drank aisle duh...umm...twelve year olds!
DB, put the dixie cup full of it down-the toxic aroma is already affecting your dbility.
Explain Christie saying to Romney he didn't have time for political games, then the next day running to the airport to meet Obama for the photo op, and nothing being accomplished by that meeting other than it took Christie away from the command center of operations and moving the polls in Obama's direction, which was exactly equal to the difference between the day before the storm hit and the day after the election.
Then, explain the Democrats removing their intended candidate in the next election for governor right after the 2012 election and replacing him with an obviously underfunded weak candidate.
If you can explain this, I'll begin to give credence to Christie not being a RINO sabateur.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1019375 Nov 6, 2013
Laughing Luna-TIC Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol is in sackcloth and mourning.
Nobraina will just whine some more.
Expect Dweeb to deny there were even elections that Teabags lost!!
He'll call Cucciteabag a RINO!!
Hell, he denies reality daily!!
that's what happens to nitwits who talk to ghosts in their TV!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Crazy as a sh*thouse rat!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min curiousity 99,353
News 3 accused of murder in 2012 shooting 25 min reality is a crutch 1
Dear Abby 4-18-15 55 min RACE 2
amy april 17 1 hr PEllen 1
Ak Amy 4-8-15 1 hr PEllen 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Scrutiny 186,840
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,883
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]