Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383736 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1019376 Nov 6, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text> poor lily; have another drink...after all, you've got a little wait before Happy Hour
WOW? You're just what we needed, another misanthropic reich-wing, redundant troll. You guys really suck when it comes to your repetitive, poorly focused projection.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1019377 Nov 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, going form an economy based on full time employment to an economy where there are 5 times as many part time jobs created as full time jobs, thus an economy that puts 5 people into poverty for every one person allowed a living wage, is an improving economy?
In what communist-infected world is that true?
If you recall, the Democrats stood with the United States in the war the Arabs started until they got everything they possibly could from the Republicans to support their Marxist CRA program, and when there was nothing more the Republicans could give them, the Democrats did the exact same thing they did throughout the Cold War and sabotaged the United States during a time of war.
Today, we have the Arab terrorists in the goddam White House, you moron.
Now, tell us again who's side the Democrats are on in the war the Arabs started with the United States.
Poor Dweeb.

Teabag losses yesterday have him spouting even more stupidity today!!

And he wonders why he's such a loser!!

I'm lovin' watching his ignorance!!

Figure he'll mention his hero Randy Weaver, the domestic terrorist at some point.

Funny that George Bush ordered Randy killed, kind of proves how lame Dweeb's accusations really are.

That's what happens when your only friends are ghosts in the TV!! Folks don't get much more lunatic fringe than that!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1019378 Nov 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama never had any executive experience, and even as president-he knows nothing. O'bama is now lying about his lies. You can't make this O'bamaliarcare stuff up~
And yet, he's done much more than the bushie boy.

And yes, you can make your stuff up. It's normal for you!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1019379 Nov 6, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
What'd we plate you for-I forgot...chicken and dumplings, dumpling?
You forgot to answer the post. I'll repost for your convenience:

Rand Paul - libertarian. I'd rather have that than the communists we have now.

Paul Ryan - Fiscal conservative. I'd rather have that than the current money-grows-on-trees economists and accountants we have now.

Sarah Palin - Traditional family woman. I'd rather have that than the lack of normality we have now.

Deleware Witch - so's my wife, except she's not from Deleware.

Compare your list with the fact that, if you're a Democrat, you can throw your male page off your New York hotel balcony in a homosexual rage because he won't let you suck his dick and run a male prostitution racket out of your house, and still be made the Chairman of the Financial Services Committee.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1019380 Nov 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Decline of the Tea Party
There is an apocryphal story about the origins of neoconservatism in the 1960s. Some liberal professors at Harvard were sympathetic to the New Left and such radical groups as Students for a Democratic Society. But one day one of these professors heard the radicals suggest burning down the Harvard library as an act of protest, and the professor suddenly realized that he had nothing in common with them at all. He organized some other professors into a vigil to protect the library at all cost.
Today, the problem isn’t the New Left, but the radical right, which has dominated American politics at least since the rise of the Tea Party movement in 2009 following the election of Barack Obama. It’s too soon to say for sure, but recent events suggest that some of those previously supporting the Tea Party have had their Harvard library moment. There are signs of a pushback among the wealthy, conservative elites and the business community that may see the political pendulum begin to swing back toward the middle.
No one particular event seems to have created this moment. The government shutdown is one, the impending Republican loss in the Virginia governor’s race is another, and so is the dawning recognition that the right-wing war on the poor and glorification of profits and wealth may have gone too far.
....On Oct. 28, the Republican governor of Ohio, John R. Kasich, blasted his party for its “war on the poor.” He said that the G.O.P. implicitly believed that “if you’re poor, somehow you are shiftless and lazy.” Against Tea Party opposition, Governor Kasich recently expanded Medicaid in his state under the Affordable Care Act – an act of virtual treason against Tea Party dogma.
On Oct. 31, Arthur Brooks, president of the American Enterprise Institute, a prominent think tank in Washington, said the conservative war against the social safety net was “just insane.” He urged his fellow conservatives to “declare peace on the safety net.”
James Pethokoukis, a scholar at the institute, seconded that olive branch to the poor, saying the social safety net had performed well during the economic crisis, contrary to the Tea Party view that programs like food stamps and unemployment insurance only subsidize idleness. He says conservatives should work to mend the welfare state, not end it.
It is ironic that that A.E.I. should be leading the charge toward a more sympathetic approach to the poor; another of its scholars, Nicholas Eberstadt, wrote a book last year,“A Nation of Takers,” which blasted growth of the welfare population and was widely credited with inspiring Mitt Romney’s attack on the 47 percent of the population who are “dependent on government.”
I have long believed that the Tea Party is a populist movement with no staying power. When it was at its peak, conservatives and Republicans sought to harness its energy to achieve long-held ideological, electoral and legislative goals. But the Tea Party has proved to be a double-edged sword that now threatens those goals more than it aids them. A pushback has clearly begun.
Republican hopes in 2016 may depend on how well it succeeds.
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/...
I thought you killed the Tea Party yesterday, or was it last week, or was it last year. Joe Biden says the Tea Party is the only problem the democrats have...mmm mmm mmm. You write about them every day-must be true.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1019381 Nov 6, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Whattup, gurl convict!!
Why would I give a fck about what happens in some east coast blue state shthole? In AZ we beat phags like mcaullquiff down and throw them on the trash heap (just like we do to convicts like you).
He outspent the tea party guy by FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS for a governor's race, yet BARELY won. In fact, the only reason he DID win was because the east coast RINO's didn't endorse the tea party candidate. We WILL get rid of those fraudulent phags soon enough.
You're a retarded convict, but I KNOW you know this is a terrible sign for leftist phags (you just wont admit it, much like your incarceration).
I'm headed into the forest now, so please post the entire time I am riding my Honda XR into the wilderness. Enjoy those four grey walls, prisoner!!
Do you say "zeig heil" before or after you beat a person up son?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1019382 Nov 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush lied at every turn and you believed every word of it.
Dan Rather
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1019383 Nov 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion is a vaginal probe--you libs love it. The more you kill by way of vaginal probe the more you rejoice.
If that's true, what are you complaining about son?

Oh, that's right.... you want to impose YOUR WILL on others.

Might 1930's German of you son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1019384 Nov 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The retail season has sucked every year O'bama has been president. People aren't going to spend when faced with the O'bamaliarcare-it's law--fleeced by democrats again. Why would you worry about Christmas--you don't believe in G-d.
Not exactly son.

But the reich wingers will add to the ugly mess they created and refused to own.

They just hate America and Americans.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1019385 Nov 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How did your Tea Baggers running for election do yesterday?
The only reason Crispy Creme was elected in the first place was because of the Tea Party.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1019386 Nov 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep insisting that the insurance company pays it back *& the buyer underestimates his income???
The insurance company is selling his policy for $500.00
Joe Blow underestimates his income & gets a $300 subsidy.
The insurance company gets the $300 subsidy & the $200 from JB to get the $500 price.
But it turns out that JB lied & his subsidy should only be $200.00
According to you, the insurance company pays back the $100 & they only end up with $400 for a $500 policy. Why? What did they do wrong.
Meanwhile, Joe Blow is laughing all the way to the bank as he just saved himself $100.00.
Obviously, if the buyer needs to reimburse for income discrepancies.
Flack,. sometime I wonder how you manage to survive.
Thank you for pointing out how ObamaKare is forcing the insurance companies participating in ObamaKare to use the IRS to enforce its polilcies.
You do remember that it will be the IRS that will be in charge of everything you posted, right?

If you think the IRS was evil before, wait until you see what happens when they have the authority to decide whether you live or die.

You are being prepped for emergency surgery. The IRS erroneously claims you didn't deserve the subsidy. The IRS informs the hospital that they won't be paid for the surgery you need.
You die.
The IRS was wrong.
No investigation.
No change in administration.
No change in procedures.
The next person who needs emergency surgery enters the hospital....

Add this to the fact that it was the IRS that targeted political opponents, then say something incredibly stupid like about how they just won't do that with health care.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1019387 Nov 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you killed the Tea Party yesterday, or was it last week, or was it last year. Joe Biden says the Tea Party is the only problem the democrats have...mmm mmm mmm. You write about them every day-must be true.
the tea party is no problem to the dems. it's their own that are having the problem.

The GOP’s new reality

Following the recent tea party Tet Offensive — tactically disastrous but symbolically important — the Republican establishment has commenced counterinsurgency operations. Sens. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and Lamar Alexander of Tennessee — both facing primary challenges from the right — are responding more forcefully to their populist opponents. The National Republican Senatorial Committee has cut ties with a Republican advertising firm employed by tea party challengers.“We’re not going to do business,” says a spokesman,“with people who profit off of attacking Republicans. Purity for profit is a disease that threatens the Republican Party.”

This vivid turn of phrase —“purity for profit”— captures the main reason Republican leaders are edging away from a strategy of accommodation. The Obama era has unleashed a great deal of genuine populist and libertarian energy. But a good portion of it is being channeled into business and fundraising models that depend on stoking resentment against the GOP itself (at least as currently constituted).

The result is a paradox. Over the past few decades, Republican members of Congress have become more reliably conservative (as their Democratic colleagues, to a lesser extent, have become more liberal). Liberal Republicanism has essentially ceased to exist. This means that tea party conservatives are revolting against a more uniformly conservative party. The RINOs they hunt are actually an endangered species. So they have transformed tactical disagreements — over, say, a hopeless attempt to defund Obamacare — into defining ideological struggles.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/michae...
dumbdemleosAnus

Satellite Beach, FL

#1019388 Nov 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>WOW? You're just what we needed, another misanthropic reich-wing, redundant troll. You guys really suck when it comes to your repetitive, poorly focused projection.
illegitimatebabymamaobamaworsh ippingwelfaresuckingskankfaket eacher say what?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1019390 Nov 6, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Rather
Rather didn't get it wrong.

Bush lied.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1019391 Nov 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
With all your heart attacks, isn't it about time you quit smoking??
And don't lie. Anyone who keeps up on the taxes on cigarettes is obviously a smoker.
Much like Carol who came here recently to complain about how smokers are discriminated against.
Yes they are. And for good reason.
You loser smokers cost the rest of us a fortune with your health problems.
Yet you continue to whine whlile you slowly commit suicide by cigarette.
Your unprotected anal sex with male Haitian refuges isn't all that healthy.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1019392 Nov 6, 2013
Oh lookie - It's the hateful spell checker again!
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>WOW? You're just what we needed, another misanthropic reich-wing, redundant troll. You guys really suck when it comes to your repetitive, poorly focused projection.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1019393 Nov 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
Other than moderate Republican Realtime, we are left with the Tea Bagging wing of the Republican party posting on this thread.
I was going to put that in the form of a question but I think that is an accurate statement.
Comments? Questions?
Uber moderate.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1019394 Nov 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Poor little Teabags are in full retreat today.
Their excuses and attempts to change the subject are laughable.
First Cruz gets crucified by Rmoney.
Randy Paul is having hysterics after being caught plagiarizing multiple times!!
Cucciteabag gets crushed in VA after basing his entire campaign on anti-Obamacare bullshit!!
I guess you losers have good reason to stay away from the keyboard today!!
I'm lovin' it!!
A Repugnant Governor in VA doesn't even have the standing to get his own LT. Governor elected.
A sad, sad time for Repugnants in VA.
A complete debacle for the Teabags!!
America has spoken. They said 'Teabags go to hell'!!
If one DOES not live in Va then the Gubernatorial race there is of little consequence...

Unlike teat sucklers such as yourself who need boob time...your only way to get some titty juice is to hire a Liberal and put him in DC...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1019395 Nov 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dweeb.
Teabag losses yesterday have him spouting even more stupidity today!!
And he wonders why he's such a loser!!
I'm lovin' watching his ignorance!!
Figure he'll mention his hero Randy Weaver, the domestic terrorist at some point.
Funny that George Bush ordered Randy killed, kind of proves how lame Dweeb's accusations really are.
That's what happens when your only friends are ghosts in the TV!! Folks don't get much more lunatic fringe than that!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
I like being compared to Randy Weaver. The US court system liked him, too, if you recall. They ruled that the government had no case against him, and had no right to investigate him whatsoever. Given this fact, they definitely didn't have any justification to attempt to assassinate his entire family.
So, why isn't Larry Potts rotting in some prison somewhere instead of living a life of leisure on a lavish government pension exempted from ObamaKare?

Now, back to your homework assignment you didn't complete. You could at least explain to us why you run away from these questions. Here it is again for your convenient reference:

Why do the American people have an obvious pathological liar for president?

When was the last time you heard anything even resembling the truth come out of Obama's mouth?

Why does Baghdad Bob have more credibility in the world than Jay Carney? Why does Zimbabwe have more credibility in the world than the United States?

... another one comes to mind....

Why are the United States Armed Forces training Al Qaeda terrorists on a US military base in Jordan?

What is the plan for when Al Qaeda gets control of the chemical weapons stockpiles in Syria?

... let's not forget this one that you run from like the plague....

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Oh, hell. Why stop now....

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

... maybe one more...

Why didn't Obama have a clue the ObamaKare website was f*ck*d to hell and back when every other person in the entire administration knew it?

... another one comes to mind....

Why did we need to pay Obama to write the software when Michelle's classmate from Princeton was going to steal it?

.... maybe one more.....

Why was Obama so ignorant about what was written in ObamaKare, he made some ludicrous statement like "if you like your health care plan, you can keep it"?
Even you have to admit only the most ignorant person in the room would say something like that. Everyone knew that was a lie as soon as it came out of his mouth.

Would you call Obama the most ignorant president we ever had?
(You don't have to answer this question. You need all your abilities to answer the previous ones you continually run away from.)

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1019396 Nov 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama never had any executive experience, and even as president-he knows nothing. O'bama is now lying about his lies. You can't make this O'bamaliarcare stuff up~
You make nonsense up every day and kvetsh constantly.

Part of your semetic heritage. Lie, lie, lie, oy, oy, oy!!

Does it hurt to be crazy?? Or is it painless??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min JRB 214,562
News Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Tim... (Jun '13) 14 min Milton 3
Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He's don... 28 min bozo 5
News Making the peace on a violent block of Chicago 32 min bozo 1
News Girl, 15, Among 3 Dead in Memorial Day Weekend ... 43 min bozo 1
News Lansing teens face felony charges in fight (Sep '08) 1 hr Milton 168
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 2 hr Milton 25
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 hr Sublime1 102,044
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages