Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232508 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

In Other News

Waynesboro, MS

#1018969 Nov 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's widely known, except in right wing circles that there isn't much stability in the "el cheapo" health insurance market and that "one" of the ACA goals was to fix that.
It's seems to me that DaBammy was trying to reassure the gainfully employed with group insurance that that their policies would be grandfathered/safe/whatever and overlooked that several million citizens owned cut rate sht that didn't make the grade for the new standards.
Most (over 50%) of those policies are revised every six months anyway, so in the grander scheme DaBammy's goof was not a biggie__but some of those policies were tailored to fit specific needs and those owners got fkd. But not bigtime fkd, just a little bit and some of them will still end up with a better deal.
"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it".

That's a hard turd to sell....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018970 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You wimped out!
Hahahahaahah!
so let's see....drones better than an off the books war.

NSA spying is now out in the open

IRS targeting now includes both parties.

1 Benghazi does not equal 13.

no one pushing for "those with bad credit histories" to 'own' a home.

more jobs created than the last guy.

deficit is down.

finally caught up with the civilized world and now have socialized healthcare.

still not happy about Obama caving to republicans.

that's all i've got.

OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1018971 Nov 5, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, I like to lie.
Ask Bush why everyone hates the USA.

YOU ARE STUPID!

but what about that ray and his beaver?

YOU LAUGHED!

LOL

"get your mail, a letter will make you drop dead"

LOL

(in New England: that is BEAVAHHHHHH!!)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018972 Nov 5, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies your problem.
You can't even agree with those on the same retarded side of the fence as you are.
Nobraina is correct. Your ilk is destroying the conservative movement.
Your beliefs are not conservative, they're anti-freedom, and in direct conflict with the US Constitution.
Nobraina is telling you the truth, and you're too busy trying to outlaw personal freedoms to see it.
This is why he sees you as the enemy. He's right. You think it's ok to steal people's freedoms in the name of your personal God.
You're a little too late. Galt and I agree the NEA is the bigger problem causing the real problems.

We just differ on the issue of abortion and personal religious beliefs.

But those on your side of the fence disagree on these issues too.

So, basically, Galt and I are good.

The main thing is we both want to defeat your party and the progressive liberals' poison. That's good enough for me anyway.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018973 Nov 5, 2013
Bluebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? You've been drinking poisoned koolaid for several years but afraid of having a little faith?
as the polls indicate....jumping off the right wing nutjob cliff is not good for your health.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018974 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a little too late. Galt and I agree the NEA is the bigger problem causing the real problems.
The main thing is we both want to defeat your party and the progressive liberals' poison. That's good enough for me anyway.
lol! Ah! the alignment has occurred!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018975 Nov 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's nutjob chip on shoulder talk gal babe. Were you uncomfortable in the corporate world too?
No, it was just a metaphor.

Obama was the boss, metaphorically speaking, who promised you something he couldn't deliver but promised anyway after getting your hopes all up and everything.

Republicans were corporate, metaphorically speaking, who got blamed by the boss even though they continued to tell you it wasn't true.

And you're the gullible worker, metaphorically speaking, who chose to believe Obama's lies instead of Republicans who were telling you the truth.

So you got your hopes up for nothing. The questions is who are YOU going to blame?
Laney F

New York, NY

#1018976 Nov 5, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Bush why everyone hates the USA.
YOU ARE STUPID!
but what about that ray and his beaver?
YOU LAUGHED!
LOL
"get your mail, a letter will make you drop dead"
LOL
(in New England: that is BEAVAHHHHHH!!)
(in Any Asylum USA: that is you.)

The real goal and interest of this Administration is government meddling / control of major markets and industries to ensure ‘fairness’ and ‘justice’– as THEY define ‘fairness’ and ‘justice’. Wealth must redistributed, but not an Obama Family vacation.

Obamacare is nothing more than the seizure of 1/6th of the national economy by the Federal government. How much turmoil, premium increases, lost healthcare coverage, and massive government spending is taking place to ‘fix’ the problem of 20-25 million ‘uninsured’?

In this, Obama’s economic plans are about as successful as one of Stalin’s 5 Year Economic Plans.

But it’s okay. Millenials voted for this idiot and his policies and they get to pay for it. Well, we get to pay for it, too, but they REALLY get to pay for it because the rest of us will pass on before the big bill for this IDIOT’s spending comes due.

Wow, who could have seen this coming?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018977 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was the boss, metaphorically speaking, who promised you something he couldn't deliver but promised anyway after getting your hopes all up and everything.
Republicans were corporate, metaphorically speaking, who got blamed by the boss even though they continued to tell you it wasn't true.
And you're the gullible worker, metaphorically speaking, who chose to believe Obama's lies instead of Republicans who were telling you the truth.
So you got your hopes up for nothing. The questions is who are YOU going to blame?
so how much were we told the Iraq war would cost? and did you believe it?

how much were we told Part D would cost? and did you believe it?

how well was the economy supposed to do after the Bush tax cuts? and did you believe it?

your hypocrisy meter is wavering at 99%.
Bluebird

United States

#1018978 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey teach, you obviously didn't instruct special ed, so let me tell you it's now time to take out crayons and paper and draw them a picture, LOL.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018979 Nov 5, 2013
Fox News Website Experiencing 'Internal Production Problem'(PHOTO)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/fox-new...

truer words never spoken.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1018980 Nov 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so let's see....drones better than an off the books war.
NSA spying is now out in the open
IRS targeting now includes both parties.
1 Benghazi does not equal 13.
no one pushing for "those with bad credit histories" to 'own' a home.
more jobs created than the last guy.
deficit is down.
finally caught up with the civilized world and now have socialized healthcare.
still not happy about Obama caving to republicans.
that's all i've got.
Do you mean you ran out of delusions? I mean, everyone can see how well the US is doing on both the domestic and international fronts. Let me list all that Obammy has accomplished:
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1018981 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
DON'T BLAME!

healthcare.gov

get better insurance!

enough crying and complaining: you lost!

deal with it.

The Democrats have it from here on out!

8 more years for sure after Obama!

So sing a little song to Ray and his beaver!

He finally has insurance,

he got it yesterday,

he finally covered his beaver,

he is so happy and yay!

One America for all,

Med insurance guaranteed,

so go to your doctor,

she will ask you to peeeee!

(Ray and his Beaver are doing better under the ACA!)

(A blog was set up to monitor his beaver during this transition.)

(It is reported, Ray's Beaver is going to make it!)

OHHHHHHHHH YOU!! LET OUT YOUR BEAVAHHHHHH!!
Laney F

New York, NY

#1018982 Nov 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so how much were we told the Iraq war would cost? and did you believe it?
how much were we told Part D would cost? and did you believe it?
how well was the economy supposed to do after the Bush tax cuts? and did you believe it?
your hypocrisy meter is wavering at 99%.
OMG! Those Bush tax cuts. It was awful, an employee's job market. We didn't have enough candidates to fill well paying jobs back then. Barry Soetoro or whatever his name de jour is, with extensive experience in The Choom Gang, did away with that "problem."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1018983 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you and Galt agree__ROFLMAO __two fools collide.

At the end of the day you live in a Republican controlled state where all but a couple of the county school boards are controlled by Republicans and the best you can do is yak about ghost teachers unions with little no power over policy, procedure, rules, regulations etc etc etc.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually live in Florida__and referring to the "tag agency" as the DMV also adds cause to wonder.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1018984 Nov 5, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
DON'T BLAME!
healthcare.gov
get better insurance!
deal with it.
he got it yesterday,
he is so happy and yay!
One America for all,
so go to your doctor,
What Are the Symptoms of Schizoid Personality Disorder (in addition to posts like the above)?

People with schizoid personality disorder often are reclusive, organizing their lives to avoid contact with other people. Many never marry or continue to live with their parents as adults. Other common traits of people with this disorder include the following:

They do not desire or enjoy close relationships, even with family members.

They choose solitary jobs and activities.

They take pleasure in few activities except for posting nonsensical jibberish on Topix.

They have no close friends, except first-degree relatives.

They have difficulty relating to others.

They are indifferent to praise or criticism.

They are aloof and show little emotion.

They might daydream and/or create vivid fantasies of complex inner lives.

They think Obama is an effective President.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018985 Nov 5, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean you ran out of delusions? I mean, everyone can see how well the US is doing on both the domestic and international fronts. Let me list all that Obammy has accomplished:
yeah, that very short right wing list put Mitt in the WH.

lol

you nutjobs are really going to be mad at Hillary. she won't cave for any sort of GOP nonsense.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1018986 Nov 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you and Galt agree__ROFLMAO __two fools collide.
At the end of the day you live in a Republican controlled state where all but a couple of the county school boards are controlled by Republicans and the best you can do is yak about ghost teachers unions with little no power over policy, procedure, rules, regulations etc etc etc.
Sometimes I wonder if you actually live in Florida__and referring to the "tag agency" as the DMV also adds cause to wonder.
At the end of the day, you have no problem with the United States becoming a cross between Somalia, Greece and Mexico with every state capital like Detroit or Chicago and pressing 2 to speak English on your government paid phone to make an appointment in two years for treatment by an affirmative action doctor.
Bluebird

United States

#1018987 Nov 5, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
DON'T BLAME!
healthcare.gov
get better insurance!
deal with it.
he got it yesterday,
he is so happy and yay!
One America for all,
so go to your doctor,
Have we got a deal for you! Log on and in a few short easy (if website is up and running)steps you too can have your identity stolen!

www.healthcare.gov

Terry McAuliffe has his Chinese operators with new visas ready to access your information.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1018988 Nov 5, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>(in Any Asylum USA: that is you.)
The real goal and interest of this Administration is government meddling / control of major markets and industries to ensure ‘fairness’ and ‘justice’– as THEY define ‘fairness’ and ‘justice’. Wealth must redistributed, but not an Obama Family vacation.
Obamacare is nothing more than the seizure of 1/6th of the national economy by the Federal government. How much turmoil, premium increases, lost healthcare coverage, and massive government spending is taking place to ‘fix’ the problem of 20-25 million ‘uninsured’?
In this, Obama’s economic plans are about as successful as one of Stalin’s 5 Year Economic Plans.
But it’s okay. Millenials voted for this idiot and his policies and they get to pay for it. Well, we get to pay for it, too, but they REALLY get to pay for it because the rest of us will pass on before the big bill for this IDIOT’s spending comes due.
Wow, who could have seen this coming?
you are stupid!!!!

companies were allowed to pick and choose who to cover,

resulting in over 50 million people without med insurance!

only a dope like you would accept that!

Republicans accept that!

I would have preferred the gov just mail out co-pay cards to every citizen, they know where we live,

but no.

Obama dumbed it down for Republicans!

Kept insurance companies in the middle,

AND NOW YOU CRY EVERYDAY ANYWAY!!

YOU'RE INSANE!

The next revision is single payer.

DONE!

Everyone is covered. Period.

No more bs, just the way you like it!

Sell your right wing jive to other right wing idiots.

ACA is a great start, if a few losers cry about it?

So what?

carol is a crybaby, what can you do?

Every change has idiots crying all the way!

this just in:

OBAMACARE KICKED YOUR AZZZZZZZZ!

YOU LOST!

YOU ARE A LOSER!

THE WINNERS HAVE IT FROM HERE.

DEMOCRATS! ACA! WE LOVE IT!

GET SOME INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING:

healthcare.gov

get covered.

call Ray and wish him well with his beaver!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Jacques Orleans 189,800
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 99,534
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 70,017
Poll What is your favorite furniture store in Chicago? 4 hr Jana Ravens 0
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr boundary painter 5,240
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 5 hr boundary painter 406
Parrots for sale 5 hr Miranda 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]