Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236445 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018763 Nov 5, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your propaganda isn't working. You can spin and lie all you wish.
It was all about defunding Obamacare.
And you lost--badly!!
I'm lovin' it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Well, you're right. It did start out that way. If only they had succeeded. Just think. We'd be saved from the train wreck that's derailing and the website hasn't even revealed the sticker shock millions of young and healthy will soon experience.

There's no way under God's green earth the number of people needed to sign up to pay higher premiums, higher deductibles and more out-of-pocket expenses for insurance they don't want or need will materialize.

What were they thinking, RealDave?

That we'd fall prostrate before big government telling us what's best for us when it's going to cost a lot more money?

Or were they thinking, "Shut up, we know what's good for you, just give us your friggin' money and be grateful"?

Is that what they were thinking, RealDave?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018764 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't those 47 percenters have mommy's and daddy's, brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandma's, grandpa's?
What you are saying is You guys have to elect SOMEone to take care of you because a Republican won't?
lol! Oh no son!

What I'm saying is Romney (and by extension reich wing nuts) don't care about a select group of Americans and America.

You obviously have a comprehension issue son. Foreigner are you?

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1018765 Nov 5, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
He's telling the truth, as much as you may hate hearing it.
No less than Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, stated very early in Obama's first term that the GOP's top priority was to defeat him.
Not fix the financial crisis or get us out of the recession.
They vowed to defeat his ruinous policies and illegal actions, which is pretty much everything Oblama does. It will take decades to recover from this traitorous failure and pathological liar.

Maybe he needs to take a European trip? They love him over there, don't they?

Orlando, FL

#1018766 Nov 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yep! You could say that!
We know you're scared. No need to embarrass yourself further.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1018767 Nov 5, 2013
Oh lookie! It's Nuculur Nutcase's twin!

The Moonbats are flying out of the cave in droves!
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
NO
NO
NO
EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS IT IS MED INSURANCE FOR FAMILIES AND INDIVIDUALS GUARANTEED BY FEDERAL LAW.
The majority of voters get it!
That is why you and your pusceeee pants GOP idiots lost!
How do you fit your beaver in man jeans?
Do you let your beaver out of the den?
Do you stroke your beaver with other GOP Pusceeees?
GOP: OLD WHITE RACIST PUSCEEEEES!
Hey Hey!
Obama kicked the crappppp out of the Republicans!
TWICE!
SO NICE!
REPUBLICANS GOING TO HELL. LOL!
(deny food to poor kids? REPUBLICANS! DISGRACEFUL!)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018768 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Tax revenue on gasoline going down and teats that dry up...
"...There are even test programs going on in several states in which GPS trackers are being used to collect driversí mileage."
Read more: http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/columnists...
lol! What happened to your 'drill, baby, drill' and the concept of making more gas would equate to lower prices????

Cons... they claim to know something that has no basis in fact!

I love this comedy channel!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1018769 Nov 5, 2013
It's a Moonbat reunion!
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you're to bushie boy as an epitome of excellence!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018770 Nov 5, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Trickle down only works for those willing to work, not lifelong welfare recipients and Oblamaphone users like you and your family.
My leaves need raking, would you like to take on the job? Might boost your self esteem to actually earn, as opposed to leeching.
Really? So then in your world, the middle class doesn't work?

wow....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018771 Nov 5, 2013
Liberals, or we'll buy you shoes until we run out of money, then we'll tell you its OK to be barefoot...

"Obamacare and the wages of Spin"

http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-wages-of-spin/

BONUS: Ayn Rand is mentioned!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1018772 Nov 5, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS IT IS MED INSURANCE FOR FAMILIES AND INDIVIDUALS GUARANTEED BY FEDERAL LAW.
The majority of voters get it.
Yes, the majority of voters do.

53% View Health Care Law Unfavorably

The new findings include 18% with a Very Favorable view of the law, while 42% have a Very Unfavorable one.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

Funny, the 18% with a "very favorable" view roughly coincides with the number of Americans that claim to be liberal.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1018773 Nov 5, 2013
Mr Fib wrote:
<quoted text>
He's telling the truth, as much as you may hate hearing it.
No less than Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, stated very early in Obama's first term that the GOP's top priority was to defeat him.
Not fix the financial crisis or get us out of the recession.
Mr. Fib,

Besides wealth redistribution and the flop Oblamakare, Oblama and his boy at the Feds priority seems to be propping up Wall Street fatcats and the largest banks with $85 billion a month, none of it creating jobs.
With $85 billion a month, couldn't someone create some jobs? Where's the swag going? You getting some? Besides your normal welfare freebies?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018774 Nov 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right on this one; this is why the insurance companies should be dismantled and universal single payer healthcare paid through taxation is the only way to go. Healthcare should not be a for profit business.
Insurance companies are like a mafia; they write policies with pages of disclaimers and terms of use that no one reads until they're being wheeled into surgery and someone in admissions is running after them demanding a check.
Those who don't read all contracts that they enter are fools.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018775 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you're scared. No need to embarrass yourself further.
lol! I'm not embarrassed son.

Your idiocy otoh, is another story!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018776 Nov 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
spending money on non-productive jobs (government employees) is never a good idea...
yeah, just like israel!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1018777 Nov 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
spending money on non-productive jobs (government employees) is never a good idea...
Suppose he is right and you are wrong.....that would presume that we would be far better off if 100% of the people worked for the government. Sort of like communism. I think history has proven that strategy to be a failure.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018778 Nov 5, 2013
Leftwingers, hating on Mitt's underwear, evil Walmart, and we have heard this somewhere before.....

"In the 1960s and early 70s, the most prominent, vocal cultural movement was the New Left: a movement that condemned America and everything it stood for: individualism, material wealth, science, technology, capitalism."

http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer...

Garlic for Liberals!

Orlando, FL

#1018779 Nov 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm positive you're Preeeeeety sure son.
sop.....
So how would you elongate the word "pretty"? In a sarcastic way?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1018780 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're right. It did start out that way. If only they had succeeded. Just think. We'd be saved from the train wreck that's derailing and the website hasn't even revealed the sticker shock millions of young and healthy will soon experience.
There's no way under God's green earth the number of people needed to sign up to pay higher premiums, higher deductibles and more out-of-pocket expenses for insurance they don't want or need will materialize.
What were they thinking, RealDave?
That we'd fall prostrate before big government telling us what's best for us when it's going to cost a lot more money?
Or were they thinking, "Shut up, we know what's good for you, just give us your friggin' money and be grateful"?
Is that what they were thinking, RealDave?
So is it the diabetes or the vodka that keeps you from knowing whose post you're responding to??

I'm not Dave, nitwit.

You'd be funny if you weren't so pathetic.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1018781 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock.
The majority of Americans will continue to get insurance the way they always ave.
Those who buy as individuals will save money in the exchanges.
More people were intruded upon why the economic mess left by your buddy George W Bush.
As you cry about millions losing insurance (to get new policies), million lost their jobs (no new jobs available), lost their life's savings, lost their homes.
You people are just plain dumber than sh*t.
That colander head o yours is just unrepairable, isn't it?

I get so tired of educating those who refuse to acknowledge the truth. For the last time, the Bush Tax cuts resulted in 54 straight months of economic growth. The recession occurred after Democrats gained control of Congress and began wildly borrowing and spending trillions of dollars and implementing their bone-headed and supremely irresponsible fiscal policy.

The economic numbers don't lie. Take a look for yourself:
http://forecast-chart.com/chart-gdp-rate.html

The economy grew every single quarter until Q4 of 2008. That's solid continual economic growth that directly resulted from the Bush Tax Cuts.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018782 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave away your freedom/security for Obamacare and your indian designation...
the law of the land applies to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min OzRitz 53,597
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 189,874
amy 6-2 9 min Mister Tonka 14
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 1 hr Grandma 54
Crime161 murders in 151 days in Chicago - 46 in... 2 hr Jeff Davis 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cheftell 70,044
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr boundary painter 5,254
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]