Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252368 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1018786 Nov 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Oh no son!
What I'm saying is Romney (and by extension reich wing nuts) don't care about a select group of Americans and America.
Romney is a private citizen.

It IS crystal clear that Obama "don't care" about anyone that doesn't support his agenda.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1018787 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock.
The majority of Americans will continue to get insurance the way they always ave.
Those who buy as individuals will save money in the exchanges.
More people were intruded upon why the economic mess left by your buddy George W Bush.
As you cry about millions losing insurance (to get new policies), million lost their jobs (no new jobs available), lost their life's savings, lost their homes.
You people are just plain dumber than sh*t.
Skullduggery!: The True Causes of the Financial Crisis - Page 120 - Google Books Result
books.google.com/books...
Ted Krager - 2012 - Political Science
The True Causes of the Financial Crisis Ted Krager. As you are learning, it wasn't
Wall Street greed or the banks' greed that caused The Financial Crisis.(It was ...

BO and ACORN sue CITI Group to force banks to make bad loans, they win , opening the flood gates in app.1994:

Obama Sued Citibank Under CRA to Force - Media Circus
www.mediacircus.com/.../obama-sued-citibank-u... -...
Oct 3, 2008 – UPDATED: Obama Sued Citibank Under CRA to Force it to Make ... Looks like a typical ACORN lawsuit to get banks to hand out bad loans.

Banks are overloaded with bad loans they can't unload, Clinton comes to the rescue, rewriting Fannie and Freddie rules to allow them to buy the subprime loans

The Nature and the Origin of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime.htm
In the past Fannie Mae prohibited the lenders it was dealing with to engage in the ... of Franklin Raines, a Clinton Administration appointee, Fannie Mae began to ... Thus the lenders could write the mortgages as adjustable interest rate .... the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will ...

A 33% increase in the number of buyers now looking for homes drives housing prices thru the roof.

Exactly what you think is going to happen, happens and here we are.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018788 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So how would you elongate the word "pretty"? In a sarcastic way?
Oh I don't son.

I just figured it's your code speak you can understand.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1018789 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Leftwingers, hating on Mitt's underwear, evil Walmart, and we have heard this somewhere before.....
"In the 1960s and early 70s, the most prominent, vocal cultural movement was the New Left: a movement that condemned America and everything it stood for: individualism, material wealth, science, technology, capitalism."
http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer...
Garlic for Liberals!
Forks made you stupid.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018790 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Leftwingers, hating on Mitt's underwear, evil Walmart, and we have heard this somewhere before.....
"In the 1960s and early 70s, the most prominent, vocal cultural movement was the New Left: a movement that condemned America and everything it stood for: individualism, material wealth, science, technology, capitalism."
http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer...
Garlic for Liberals!
I know son.

Cons like you just love Romney's underwear.

BTW, which Romney are you referring to ?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1018791 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock.
The majority of Americans will continue to get insurance the way they always ave.
More people were intruded upon why the economic mess left by your buddy George W Bush.
As you cry about millions losing insurance (to get new policies), million lost their jobs (no new jobs available), lost their life's savings, lost their homes.
Wait, theres more!!! Now, pay attention.

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime....

San José State University
Department of Economics

applet-magic.com
Thayer Watkins
Silicon Valley
& Tornado Alley
USA

The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis

There has been a long term American policy of promoting home ownership. This entailed making the financing of home purchases as easy as possible. Various financial institutions were set up over time to make the securing of a mortgage quick and convenient. There once were Savings and Loan Associations that were savings institutions which could only invest in home mortgages. Fannie Mae (the Federal Nation Mortgage Association FNMA) was set up in 1938 to provide a secondary market for home mortgages. This meant that if a bank granted a mortgage to someone and later the bank needed funds the bank could readily sell the mortgage to Fannie Mae. However, in order for lending institutions to have access to the secondary mortgage market of Fannie Mae they had to abide by Fannie Mae's rules.

In the past Fannie Mae prohibited the lenders it was dealing with to engage in the practice of red lining. Red Lining meant that a bank would refuse to finance a home purchase in neighborhoods it consider high risk even if the prospective borrowers were themselves good credit risks. In part, this was because the bank did not want, in the event of default and foreclosure, to become the owner of property in a risky neighborhood. The deeper roots of the problem go back to the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977.

In the 1990's under the administration of Franklin Raines, a Clinton Administration appointee, Fannie Mae began to demand that the lending institutions that it dealt with prove that they were not redlining. This meant that the lending institutions would have to fulfill a quota of minority mortgage lending. This in turn meant that the lending agencies would have to lower their standards in terms of such things as down payments and the required incomes. These subprime borrowers would be charged a higher interest rate. Having put the lending agencies into the position of granting subprime mortgages Fannie Mae then had to accept lower standards in the mortgages it purchased. That set the ball rolling. If a bank granted a mortgage to a borrower that was not likely to successfully pay off the mortgage then all the bank had to do was to sell such mortgages to Fannie Mae. The banks typically earned a loan origination fee when the mortgage was granted. The lending agencies could then make substantial profits dealing in subprime mortgages

Location hidden

#1018792 Nov 5, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the majority of voters do.
53% View Health Care Law Unfavorably
The new findings include 18% with a Very Favorable view of the law, while 42% have a Very Unfavorable one.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Funny, the 18% with a "very favorable" view roughly coincides with the number of Americans that claim to be liberal.
Gunner still using the flawed Rasmussen polls. LOL

Weren't they the ones calling for the Rmoney landslide that caused you to run away for a year, loser??

Of course it was.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018793 Nov 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Richie Incognito Threatened Jonathan Martin, Used Racial Slur To Refer To Dolphins Teammate
Incognito is a bully and Martin is a crybaby who lacked the balls to stand up to him...who cares?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1018794 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock.
I know keeping it short is the most effective way to get thru to denialists like you:

"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. "

Pretty much sums up the dems culpability.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1018795 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, a corporation selling a product they know is harmful without any products warnings s OK?
No, but as usual, your willful ignorance causes you to miss the point completely. The taxpayers are still paying the never ending bill for this liberal hysteria, same thing with lead products.

Have you ever chewed on asbestos or lead?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018796 Nov 5, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose he is right and you are wrong.....that would presume that we would be far better off if 100% of the people worked for the government. Sort of like communism. I think history has proven that strategy to be a failure.
That would mean forking over the crux of our hard-earned money and the confiscation of private property. In a country this size, big government is going to need a lot to take care of all of us.

Makes you want to jump right out of bed in the morning to be more productive, doesn't it?

Talk about your basic non-incentive. Big government is the pin to our balloon.

Location hidden

#1018797 Nov 5, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS crystal clear that Obama "don't care" about anyone that doesn't support his agenda.
Yes. After he lost the election, he returned to being a private citizen.

Rmoney insulted all Americans with his refusal to release his tax returns and his attacksing on the poor.

And he got his ass whupped by Obama for it.

What's crystal clear is your complete ignorance and stupid attempts to rewrite history.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018798 Nov 5, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your take son.

I saw Obama trying to work with reich wing idiots through the sequestration.

And since your own party neutered it's own leaders like Boehner, it was clear all the inmates had taken over the asylum.

So Obama held the line on the debt ceiling. Good for him! As I said then, it's about time! Especially since those reich wingers in the House only represented 18% of the people and were willing to screw the other 82% to get their way!.

Besides, anyone who plays ball with Obama gets castrated by the reich wing... witness McConnell and Christie.

Clearly it's those idiots who don't play well with others son!!!

“no one told me”

Denver

#1018799 Nov 5, 2013
Jury awards $10.7 million to vet who was receiving FREE medical care, who pays? Not the VA, taxpayers.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018800 Nov 5, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
I know keeping it short is the most effective way to get thru to denialists like you:
"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. "
Pretty much sums up the dems culpability.
lol! You obviously haven't been keeping up with the times son!

Besides, your lies better fit your political agenda than reality anyway!

I love this comedy channl!
NuculurNutbag

Palm Coast, FL

#1018801 Nov 5, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Forks made you stupid.
Fork you!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1018802 Nov 5, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, theres more!!! Now, pay attention.
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime....
San José State University
Department of Economics
applet-magic.com
Thayer Watkins
Silicon Valley
& Tornado Alley
USA
The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
There has been a long term American policy of promoting home ownership. This entailed making the financing of home purchases as easy as possible. Various financial institutions were set up over time to make the securing of a mortgage quick and convenient. There once were Savings and Loan Associations that were savings institutions which could only invest in home mortgages. Fannie Mae (the Federal Nation Mortgage Association FNMA) was set up in 1938 to provide a secondary market for home mortgages. This meant that if a bank granted a mortgage to someone and later the bank needed funds the bank could readily sell the mortgage to Fannie Mae. However, in order for lending institutions to have access to the secondary mortgage market of Fannie Mae they had to abide by Fannie Mae's rules.
In the past Fannie Mae prohibited the lenders it was dealing with to engage in the practice of red lining. Red Lining meant that a bank would refuse to finance a home purchase in neighborhoods it consider high risk even if the prospective borrowers were themselves good credit risks. In part, this was because the bank did not want, in the event of default and foreclosure, to become the owner of property in a risky neighborhood. The deeper roots of the problem go back to the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977.
In the 1990's under the administration of Franklin Raines, a Clinton Administration appointee, Fannie Mae began to demand that the lending institutions that it dealt with prove that they were not redlining. This meant that the lending institutions would have to fulfill a quota of minority mortgage lending. This in turn meant that the lending agencies would have to lower their standards in terms of such things as down payments and the required incomes. These subprime borrowers would be charged a higher interest rate. Having put the lending agencies into the position of granting subprime mortgages Fannie Mae then had to accept lower standards in the mortgages it purchased. That set the ball rolling. If a bank granted a mortgage to a borrower that was not likely to successfully pay off the mortgage then all the bank had to do was to sell such mortgages to Fannie Mae. The banks typically earned a loan origination fee when the mortgage was granted. The lending agencies could then make substantial profits dealing in subprime mortgages
lol! The hired gun from SJSU again....

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1018803 Nov 5, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the concept of hitting the voters in their wallet don't you get, libtard name stealer?
What part of three more years don't you get loser. Then brace yourself for eight years of Hillary, thanks to your teabagger lunatic friends.
God bless Ted Cruz!
p.s.
Keep your wallet open for at LEAST the next 11 years.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1018804 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> No food stamps, no welfare, I own my home, no free phone.
Yes, right whiners, it is possible not be on any government programs & not be a selfish f*ck & believe these programs should exit to help those in need.
Your attitude belies your insipid claims. you're a receiver, not a payer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018806 Nov 5, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is.....most people who choose that plan don't have $25,000 to spend. They are merely picking a policy based on the lowest premium and holding their breath that nothing happens.
Now that we have Obamacare, we really do need to eliminate Medical Expenses from being wiped out in bankruptcy. People need to take responsibility for their choices in life.
if a person has less than $25,000 in assets, then there is little to lose in bankruptcy...

the only people who really need insurance against loss are those who have assets to lose...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
aggy-6-30-15 27 min Kuuipo 21
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Learn to Read 192,493
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min ritedownthemiddle 54,003
Amy 7-6-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 7-6-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ariel Sharon 70,151
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Doug77 6,151
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr nonattorney spoke... 99,922
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages