Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382931 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1018871 Nov 5, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect you to understand, you are a government lemming. Government can't do things efficiently (or correctly), healthcare.gov us a perfect example. No private sector organization would enter a $92 million contract for a website. Government is full of waste and fraud and as far as snap is concerned, the just double down on it. If one is in need, why give them enough to afford steak and lobster ?
Medicare is much more efficient than private insurance companies.

Government is full of waste. Cutting food stamps to children os not the answer. Something like 30 Republican Congressmen who were OK with cutting food stamps receive agricultural subsidies.

Record Earmarks - under Bush & Republican Congress. But hey, who cares because these are the same f*king people you support today.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1018872 Nov 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's your take son.
I saw Obama trying to work with [republicans] through the sequestration.
You "saw" what you wanted to see. Obama will never agree to anything proposed by anyone other than his self-appointed minions.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018873 Nov 5, 2013
When will Obama lower our insurance premiums by $2500 per year as promised???

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1018874 Nov 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'I prefer Dumb and Dumber...the Dumb and Dumber United States of America.' In my household we refer to them as Fox News/Rightwing radio listeners.
It really, really looks like you want to answer these questions.

Why do the American people have an obvious pathological liar for president?

When was the last time you heard anything even resembling the truth come out of Obama's mouth?

Why does Baghdad Bob have more credibility in the world than Jay Carney? Why does Zimbabwe have more credibility in the world than the United States?

... another one comes to mind....

Why are the United States Armed Forces training Al Qaeda terrorists on a US military base in Jordan?

What is the plan for when Al Qaeda gets control of the chemical weapons stockpiles in Syria?

... let's not forget this one that you run from like the plague....

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Oh, hell. Why stop now....

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

... maybe one more...

Why didn't Obama have a clue the ObamaKare website was f*ck*d to hell and back when every other person in the entire administration knew it?

... another one comes to mind....

Why did we need to pay Obama to write the software when Michelle's classmate from Princeton was going to steal it?

.... maybe one more.....

Why was Obama so ignorant about what was written in ObamaKare, he made some ludicrous statement like "if you like your health care plan, you can keep it"?
Even you have to admit only the most ignorant person in the room would say something like that. Everyone knew that was a lie as soon as it came out of his mouth.

Would you call Obama the most ignorant president we ever had?
(You don't have to answer this question. You need all your abilities to answer the previous ones you continually run away from.)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018875 Nov 5, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
"FEINSTEIN: Well, as I understand it, you can keep it up to the time — and I hope this is correct, but this is what I’ve been told — up to the time the bill was enacted, and after that, it’s a different story. That part of it, if true, was never made clear."
In other words:
"You can keep your plan until we pass the bill"
Can Democrats be so stupid, naive and idiots?
She must not have heard Obama say "period" all those times after emphatically stating people could keep their plans and their doctors - which means no disqualifiers; no ifs, ands or buts.

He didn't say "until the bill is passed" once. Just "period".

Saying "period" so many times were like nails in the coffin of Obamacare.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1018876 Nov 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Spending was at zero when he took office?
Good grief!!!!

Since: Nov 11

Naperville, IL

#1018877 Nov 5, 2013
Poll: Obama base happy he lied and got away with it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1018878 Nov 5, 2013
flack wrote:
Jackie Chan falls to his death. Age 59.
I would like to retract this statement.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1018879 Nov 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Gallup Poll on lying sack-o-shit Obama:
approve: 39%
disapprove: 53%
negative 14%
yum, yum, yum...
happy, happy, happy...
Given the fact that the Democrats can rely on 35 percent of the vote even if they run the corpse of a dead dog for president, that makes Obama's approval rating 4 percent.

.... 4 percent.

Bozeman, MT

#1018880 Nov 5, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WISH A HOLE!
Families getting med insurance makes you mad as hell?
Democrat Senator's Son Has Health Insurance Canceled

Democratic officials said top administration aides got a close-up view of the cancellation controversy last week, when Sen. Joe Donnelly, D-Ind., said at a closed-door meeting of the party's rank and file that his son had received notice his coverage was being terminated.

http://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-push-keep-oba...

Orlando, FL

#1018881 Nov 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'I prefer Dumb and Dumber...the Dumb and Dumber United States of America.' In my household we refer to them as Fox News/Rightwing radio listeners.
Now, Homer. I thought you said you weren't going to argue today. I so hoped that meant you had wised up.

But just FYI...NBC, CBS and ABC are as upset as Fox about being lied to.

Hate to say it, Hom, but you're too gullible for your own good.

Does your wife get away with lying to you so easily?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1018882 Nov 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Predict the winner, come on Flack!
Ok I believe Terry will win.

Bozeman, MT

#1018883 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
All built on a house of cards. Unfunded tax cuts drove up the debt. Wall street started with their mortgage based securities based on fraudulent mortgages driving up housing prices. And throw in two quagmire wars on the credit card.
But hey, you assh*les keep blaming the CRA & not Bush & the Republicans.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
I blame republicans and democrats, all looking to fill their coffers and buy votes using tax payer funded entitlements. Follow the money. Start with LBJ's war on poverty.

Anyone who thinks our debt is the fault of one party is "dumber than sh*t."

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1018884 Nov 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, I predict Christie will win.
Easy prediction. The Democrats agreed to pull their slated challenger against Christi in exchange for Christi sabotaging the Republicans. Democrats pulling their greyhound and entering a chihuahua in the race is child's play to predict.
And that's why Christi is dead outside New Jersey. Without the Democrats helping him, he'd be dead inside New Jersey.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1018885 Nov 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
Look, I'm not going to argue with you people today.
Homer has enrolled in the 12 Step Program.

“My name is Homer, and I’m an Obamaholic.” That’s the confession with which homer began The 12-Step Guide for the Recovering Obama Voter. It’s meant, of course, to be an aid not just to addicted individuals but also to a society that’s taken a wrong turn and gone off the rails.

And, analogously to the addicted individual, the first requirement is accurately targeting the blame:“the Obama presidency isn’t Obama’s fault — it’s ours. We should be impeached for having elected him.” And that includes “those of us who didn’t vote for him, because we didn’t persuade enough other people not to.”

In other words, there MUST BE A CURE FOR THE WHOLE COUNTRY that has “hit bottom,” with the national debt reaching staggering levels, the numbers of those unemployed and living off the dole continuing to burgeon, and the world scene descends into a Hobbesian nightmare as Iran strides unimpeded toward nukes and Islamists take the helm in Egypt and a raft of other countries. And ObamaCare already showing to be a HUGE failure.

What brought things to such a pass? What enabled Americans to enable “a man with no administrative experience to run the largest organization on earth”?

Why was Obama elected without “carefully examining [his] background, character, career, and plans,” while ignoring the fact that he lacked any record of significant achievements?

In the framework of AA, Homer has gone to look for the answers.

For one thing,“we became hooked on a political cult that…presented a politician as a messianic figure.” By electing Obama, the left has shown that its truly “faith-based,” attributing “providential potency to government.”

Government under the left’s dispensation, with the “philosopher-king” Obama at the helm, became a “primitive idolatrous pagan church in which the president of the United States is superstitiously believed to have the power to make initial unemployment claims shrink”— along with other miracles LIKE HEALING THE PLANET, while taking steps reflecting European-style statist fantasies INSTEAD OF EXPERIENCE AND PRUDENCE.

In electing Obama, Homer and America also fell for charisma “instead of valuing only character.”

Whereas Bush 43 “offended sophisticates by acknowledging a supreme being rather than pretending to be one,” Obama dissed American exceptionalism while projecting HIMSELF as what was truly exceptional,“the appointed person…at the appointed time.” And, taken in by his charismatic mien, people fell for it.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1018886 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
She must not have heard Obama say "period" all those times after emphatically stating people could keep their plans and their doctors - which means no disqualifiers; no ifs, ands or buts.
He didn't say "until the bill is passed" once. Just "period".
Saying "period" so many times were like nails in the coffin of Obamacare.
I hope every dumbffffccckkkkk republican loses their plan!

Good!

You are so dumb you can't log in and get a better plan for less money?

what a dippppshhhhttttt!

Line up all the loser republican crybabies and take away their insurance, sub standard plans, wipe it out!

That is a favor to them! they are stupid like you!

Get a better plan:

healthcare.gov

Blue Cross!

today, right now!

are you people stupid?

You are too dumb to know!

ha ha ha ha ha ha LOL!

(Repubkicans: the dumbest in the room!)

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1018887 Nov 5, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Poll: Obama base happy he lied and got away with it!
No surprise there.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1018888 Nov 5, 2013
Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on. "You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically.

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.

"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."

The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. Americans always have to show their passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained,''Well, when came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single
Frenchmen to show a passport to."

You could have heard a pin drop.

LMAO!!!!

Orlando, FL

#1018889 Nov 5, 2013
Let me just use one of my wonderful metaphors.

Say your boss tells you and your coworkers they will get another week's paid vacation. Period.

And says it 6 or 7 times over a few months' time.

When rumors circulate that no extra paid vacations are forthcoming and paid vacations are going to be shortened instead, your boss tells you it's because corporate wanted to scare you and doesn't care about you. Even though he's the one who guaranteed it. Period.

In fact, he now guarantees your paid vacations WILL be shortened after all. Period.

Does that help some of you better understand what's happening here?

Bozeman, MT

#1018890 Nov 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Quite a good turn out down at the church today. Heard that the race was down to 2 points.
Democrat plant Sarvis will be Cuccinelli's undoing.

One of Sarvis’ main financial backers seems to be Libertarian Booster PAC, which given that it’s helmed by Joe Liemandt, an Austin, Texas Obama bundler and donor, has “boosting Libertarians” on it’s agenda solely to kneecap Republicans, which, in Virginia, it’s done admirably.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary's History 1 min CanadianBacon 58
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 22 min SweLL GirL 8,401
A Muslim woman asks the wrong person a question. 1 hr Very Interesting 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 214,382
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 59,472
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr PEllen 6,150
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr PEllen 2,415
Politics? 4 hr Ferretman 54
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr CrunchyBacon 101,966
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages