Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
935,421 - 935,440 of 1,084,261 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

This will not go over well for the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner.

According to the new book “Double Down,” in which journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann chronicle the 2012 presidential election, President Barack Obama told his aides that he’s “really good at killing people” while discussing drone strikes.

Peter Hamby of The Washington Post reported the nugget in his review of the book.

The claim by the commander-in-chief is as indisputable as it is grim.

Obama oversaw the 2009 surge in Afghanistan, 145 Predator drone strikes in NATO’s 2011 Libya operations, the May 2012 raid that killed Osama bin Laden, and drone strikes that killed leader of the Pakistani Taliban leader and a senior member of the Somali-based militant group al-Shabab this week.

His administration also expanded the drone war: There have been 326 drone strikes in Pakistan, 93 in Yemen, and several in Somalia, compared to a total of 52 under George Bush.

Two of those strikes killed American-born al-Qaeda propagandist Anwar al-Awlaki and his American-born 16-year-old son within two weeks.

Under Obama U.S. drone operators began practicing “signature strikes,” a tactic in which targets are chosen based on patterns of suspicious behaviour and the identities of those to be killed aren’t necessarily known.(The administration counts all “military-age males” in a strike zone as combatants.)

Furthermore, the disturbing trend of the “double tap”— bombing the same place in quick succession and often hitting first responders — has become common practice.

Needless to say, a lot of innocent people have been killed.

Obama has also embraced the expansion of capture/kill missions by Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) after it developed into the primary counterterrorism tool of the Bush administration.

One JSOC operator told investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill, author of “Dirty Wars: The World Is A Battlefield,” that operations became
“harder, faster, quicker with the full support of the White House” under Obama.

Scahill, who also made a “Dirty Wars” documentary, told NBC News that Obama will “go down in history as the president who legitimized and systematized a process by which the United States asserts the right to conduct assassination operations around the world.”

So it is true that President Obama is “really good at killing people,” but he has demonstrated that is not necessarily noble.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that Conservatives have no chance as long as they carry the burden of religious fundamentalism and radical anti-abortion....
I agree. Fiscal policy should be front and center.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Rightwingers are pure evil, they will fck you over any chance they get.
Don't want to be fck'd over? Do these things:

1) Don't drop out of school.
2) Study while you're in school.
3) Don't have children before you're married.
4) Get a job and show up for work every day on time.
5) Do this for a career.

If you do those things, we have (had) an economy in the United States that would prevent you from ever being "poor".

The people you say are being fck'd are doing nothing more than fck'n themselves.
I say, have at it. And don't expect me to pay for it.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Youngsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha!! You will "cry, cry, cry" all the way home after ochimpocare is repealed in the next couple of years.....:-)
THAT IS WHAT LIAR REPUBLICAN TRASH SAID 4 YEARS AGO!

what happened?

YOU LOST!

MITT the shttttt LOST!

VOTERS hate you!

VOTERS hate Republican trash, liars, greedy a holes!

"we are gonna repeal it! NOT! so fast! YOU LOST that too!"

YOU ARE A LOSER!

DEMOCRATS WON BIG!

OBAMACARE KICKED YOUR AZZZZZZZZ!

truth is so funny! LOL!

truth about it all......FFFFFCCCCKKKK YOU! LOL!:)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
I KEPT MY DOCTOR!
AND MY HOSPITAL.
AND MY PHARMACY.
AND MY VISION.
AND MY DENTIST.
I got it all!
BLUE CROSS BABY!
IT WORKS!
HEALTHCARE.GOV
(never read a lying Republican lie, they lie all day on here, they are low life trash, scum of the earth, low down greedy liars, really dumb people, exceedingly stupid, they lie to your grandma, your kids, YOU, they don't care they lie for 5 years on topix, everyday! Republicans are the scum of the earth, going to hell, LOL!)
Now log in and get happy! Cover your family now: OBAMACARE! EVERY STATE, EVEN LITTLE SHTTTTY RED ONES!
ACA! LAW OF THE LAND.
THANKS DEMOCRATS!
REPUBLICANS? ALL LOSERS! GREEDY LIARS! FCCCCCKKKKKKK EM! LOL!
Penius, you might be my favorite retarded feral chimp of all time!! I will check in later to witness more of your continued devolution.....:-)

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaKKKare subsidies are welfare...
I have not purchased insurance from the exchanges nor would I qualify for a subsidy if I would..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Rightwingers are pure evil, they will fck you over any chance they get.
Obama is fckn the middle class, so gotta fight back in kind against you street rabble...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that Conservatives have no chance as long as they carry the burden of religious fundamentalism and radical anti-abortion....
It has to be the Constitution. Even the parts that protect those things they don't agree with. If that isn't the entire platform, they don't have a chance.
Democrats are completely defenseless against any constitutional argument.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
In fact, Homer, even democrats were waiting for this debacle to happen.
So don't blame Republicans. They were innocent bystanders who tried to save us and got blamed for doing so.
It's your fellow Democrats who want to do what Republicans tried to do. Some are even saying it's time for both sides to come together to fix the problem they, themselves, created.
Only now do they want Republicans to bail them out.
So blaming them has become passé.
Obama was the only person in the entire administration that didn't know this was going to happen... which has become the typical case.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Laney F wrote:
'You Also Can't Keep Your Doctor

What happened to the president's promise, "You can keep your health plan"? Or to the promise that "You can keep your doctor"? Thanks to the law, I have been forced to give up a world-class health plan. The exchange would force me to give up a world-class physician.
For a cancer patient, medical coverage is a matter of life & death. Take away people's ability to control their medical-coverage choices and they may die. I guess that's a highly effective way to control medical costs. Perhaps that's the point.
Ms. Sundby lives in California.
this argument falls on deaf ears on the left, which thinks all doctors are the same...

in the future, most patients will rarely see a doctor, just some community college clown called a "physician assistant" or " nurse practitioner", an unqualified slug not worth the time of day...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not purchased insurance from the exchanges nor would I qualify for a subsidy if I would..
Prove it.
You write like just another dupe on the government dole.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
I KEPT MY DOCTOR!
AND MY HOSPITAL.
AND MY PHARMACY.
AND MY VISION.
AND MY DENTIST.
I got it all!
BLUE CROSS BABY!
IT WORKS!
HEALTHCARE.GOV
(never read a lying Republican lie, they lie all day on here, they are low life trash, scum of the earth, low down greedy liars, really dumb people, exceedingly stupid, they lie to your grandma, your kids, YOU, they don't care they lie for 5 years on topix, everyday! Republicans are the scum of the earth, going to hell, LOL!)
Now log in and get happy! Cover your family now: OBAMACARE! EVERY STATE, EVEN LITTLE SHTTTTY RED ONES!
ACA! LAW OF THE LAND.
THANKS DEMOCRATS!
REPUBLICANS? ALL LOSERS! GREEDY LIARS! FCCCCCKKKKKKK EM! LOL!
OBAMA is the LIAR his website still dont work ok bigot
OBAMA the GENIUS

Youngsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

YOU the IGNORANT wrote:
<quoted text> Keep supporting the unqualified, inexperienced, failure Obama and remain part of the lowlife ghetto inhabitants forever. Enjoy!
pardon me liar!

it seems that Mitt the shhhtttt was the loser?

and Palin and McLame?

LOSERS!

OBAMACARE KICKED THEIR AZZZZZZZ?

AND YOURS?

why you such a liar? and a loser?

Democrats won the votes! We Won!

YOU LOST!

YOU ARE A LOSER!

THAT IS THE TRUTH.

wake up stupid. ACA is here to stay. YOU can't stop it! ha ha ha ha

OBAMA THE WINNER, AGAIN! TWICE IS NICE!

OBAMA THE WINNER, SCCCKKKKK ON THAT.

OBAMA THE WINNER, OBAMACARE FOR EVERYONE!

HEALTHCARE.GOV

BLUE CROSS! CO-PAY CARDS.

BLUE CROSS!

BLUE CROSS!

they provide OBAMACARE TO THE WINNERS!

REPUBLICANS ALL LOSERS, ALL THE TIME! <-- fCCCCKKK YOU!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Teabag Party, of which you claim to be a member, is filled with religious conservatives like Carol.

These nitwits make the Teabag Party even more unappealing to Americans.

Tomorrow you will see the Teabag darling Cuccinelli get beaten.

You will also see another Teabag darling get destroyed.

""E.W. Jackson Has Been an Unmitigated Disaster for the Virginia GOP""

"Right now, all the attention in the Virginia gubernatorial race is focused on Ken Cuccinelli’s losing campaign and Mark Obenshain’s competitive race for attorney general. The other statewide race, between state Sen. Ralph Northam and Bishop E.W. Jackson for lieutenant governor, has gone off the radar, and for good reason. There’s no question that the far-right candidate will lose in a landslide. Jackson’s not a candidate as much as he is a sideshow, an example of the base-driven politics that has crippled Virginia’s Republican Party in the general election."

----------

Your side loves black conservatives. Problem is, they're all the same. Like Allen West and the black Doctor who fell off the radar after makiing a complete fool of himself, these black wanna-be's stock in trade is making outrageous comments that appeal to racist whites, as you folks love watching black people look and talk stupidly.

For proof, look to Michael Steele and Herman 'the pimp' Cain.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling not many Democrats will want Obama "helping" them with the 2014 elections!
I can't wait!
Stop playing with your son!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

To Obama, "middle class" means people living off the government with what it decides to give to them that is taken from everyone else.
To Americans, "middle class" means people working for a living.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the price of Obama's wars won't get pushed onto the next admin whilst nutjobs go on about the next guy's 'deficit'.
there is that.
the ObamaKKKare deficit will continue forever unless the turkey is terminated...
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt loves it when a plan comes together...
Typical hijacking terrorist!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
111 Democrats were on board.
It might have helped if 1 or 2 Republicans had been on board passing health care legislation affecting us all.
Enough Already on HealthCare.gov . Don’t You Remember Medicare Part D?

Republicans certainly deserved a few weeks of ‘toldja so!’ about the site’s awful rollout. But why can’t they start helping their constituents figure it out now, as Democrats did with Bush’s Medicare Part D?

I refer, of course, to the Medicare Part D implementation in late 2005 and early 2006. That was the big prescription drug bill passed in 2003. You remember—it’s the one where the Republicans didn’t have the votes in the House, even though they controlled the House, and Speaker Tom DeLay held the floor open for 15 minutes after the bell rang as his lieutenants went around and badgered and threatened some GOP members until they changed their vote from nay to aye. My, how at home DeLay would have been with the Tea Partiers.

Anyhow. Most Democrats voted against the bill. In the House just 16 of 203 Democratic members voted yes. In the Senate, however, 11 of 48 Democrats voted for the new Bush entitlement. First, let’s just stop right there. Could you imagine 16 and 11 Republicans ever voting for an Obama legislative priority, something that was clearly Obama’s “baby” in the same way that the Part D bill was Bush’s? There’d be no end to the slobbering over Republicans for being so reasonable. As I recall, the Democrats were attacked at the time for not supporting the bill enough.

So they didn’t. And then, two years later, the rollout came. It was a mess. In mid-October 2005, the Bush administration announced a delay. Reason? It was Yom Kippur, and evidently no one wanted to offend elderly Jews who wouldn’t be using their computers. Right. So it was delayed. But a month later, as Jon Perr noted recently at Crooks & Liars, the planned comparison-shopping website still wasn’t up and running. Even after it finally was, it was confusing and a mess. Some sample headlines:“Web-based Comparison of Prescription Plans Delayed,” The Washington Post; “Glitches Mar Launch of Medicare Drug Plan,” The Wall Street Journal; “President Tells Insurers to Aid Ailing Medicare Drug Plan,” The New York Times.

Needless to say, some of the same people now trying to put the hex on Obamacare spent 2006 pooh-poohing—you guessed it—“glitches,” as Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) put it back then. I’m sure they’d say they’re different things, and it’s true the Affordable Care Act is a bigger undertaking. But they’re precisely similar in spirit—big, new government programs that depended largely on citizen interaction via personal computer. And the ACA fixes what was the biggest problem created by Part D, the so-called doughnut hole in prescription drug coverage. So the Obama bill corrects what was conspicuously awful about the Bush bill. Yes, they are different!

But the biggest difference is not how Republicans behaved back then but how Democrats did. Most Democrats voted against the law. But they did not then sue the Bush administration and try to take the thing to the Supreme Court and get it invalidated. And then, when the start-up was a cock-up, Democrats didn’t go around saying it was proof the law had to go. They tried to fix it. Hillary Clinton, then a senator, said:“I voted against it, but once it passed I certainly determined that I would try to do everything I could to make sure that New Yorkers understood it, could access it, and make the best of it.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10...

but when you're dealing with people who have no morals or ethics you end up with a group of them getting together on inauguration day planning a coup of the sitting government. and heaven forbid that the new guy tries to pass off a conservative idea as his own.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
sure. as soon as the poll numbers flip.
so when do you think the nutjobs will quit ruling the GOP?
as soon as McCain, Graham, and McConnell are retired...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search