Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018169 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough Already on HealthCare.gov . Don’t You Remember Medicare Part D?
Republicans certainly deserved a few weeks of ‘toldja so!’ about the site’s awful rollout. But why can’t they start helping their constituents figure it out now, as Democrats did with Bush’s Medicare Part D?
I refer, of course, to the Medicare Part D implementation in late 2005 and early 2006. That was the big prescription drug bill passed in 2003. You remember—it’s the one where the Republicans didn’t have the votes in the House, even though they controlled the House, and Speaker Tom DeLay held the floor open for 15 minutes after the bell rang as his lieutenants went around and badgered and threatened some GOP members until they changed their vote from nay to aye. My, how at home DeLay would have been with the Tea Partiers.
Anyhow. Most Democrats voted against the bill. In the House just 16 of 203 Democratic members voted yes. In the Senate, however, 11 of 48 Democrats voted for the new Bush entitlement. First, let’s just stop right there. Could you imagine 16 and 11 Republicans ever voting for an Obama legislative priority, something that was clearly Obama’s “baby” in the same way that the Part D bill was Bush’s? There’d be no end to the slobbering over Republicans for being so reasonable. As I recall, the Democrats were attacked at the time for not supporting the bill enough.
So they didn’t. And then, two years later, the rollout came. It was a mess. In mid-October 2005, the Bush administration announced a delay. Reason? It was Yom Kippur, and evidently no one wanted to offend elderly Jews who wouldn’t be using their computers. Right. So it was delayed. But a month later, as Jon Perr noted recently at Crooks & Liars, the planned comparison-shopping website still wasn’t up and running. Even after it finally was, it was confusing and a mess. Some sample headlines:“Web-based Comparison of Prescription Plans Delayed,” The Washington Post; “Glitches Mar Launch of Medicare Drug Plan,” The Wall Street Journal; “President Tells Insurers to Aid Ailing Medicare Drug Plan,” The New York Times.
Needless to say, some of the same people now trying to put the hex on Obamacare spent 2006 pooh-poohing—you guessed it—“glitches,” as Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) put it back then. I’m sure they’d say they’re different things, and it’s true the Affordable Care Act is a bigger undertaking. But they’re precisely similar in spirit—big, new government programs that depended largely on citizen interaction via personal computer. And the ACA fixes what was the biggest problem created by Part D, the so-called doughnut hole in prescription drug coverage. So the Obama bill corrects what was conspicuously awful about the Bush bill. Yes, they are different!
But the biggest difference is not how Republicans behaved back then but how Democrats did. Most Democrats voted against the law. But they did not then sue the Bush administration and try to take the thing to the Supreme Court and get it invalidated. And then, when the start-up was a cock-up, Democrats didn’t go around saying it was proof the law had to go. They tried to fix it. Hillary Clinton, then a senator, said:“I voted against it, but once it passed I certainly determined that I would try to do everything I could to make sure that New Yorkers understood it, could access it, and make the best of it.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10...
but when you're dealing with people who have no morals or ethics you end up with a group of them getting together on inauguration day planning a coup of the sitting government. and heaven forbid that the new guy tries to pass off a conservative idea as his own.
Medicare Part D compared to Obamacare is like a paper cut compared to disembowelment.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018170 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike ObamaKKKare, Medicare Part D was and is a voluntary program...
tell the deficit. it's evidently not buying into that excuse.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1018171 Nov 4, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Prove it."
Spoken like the loser you are, Dweeb.
For one who's lied about everything possible, it's laughable to see you demand proof from others.
You give new meaning to the words 'mentally challenged midget'.
I'll just pull up one of the many questions you can't answer.

Why does Baghdad Bob have more credibility in the world than Jay Carney? Why does Zimbabwe have more credibility in the world than the United States?

... another one comes to mind....

Why are the United States Armed Forces training Al Qaeda terrorists on a US military base in Jordan?

... let's not forget this one that you run from liek the plague....

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Oh, hell. Why stop now....

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

... maybe one more...

Why didn't Obama have a clue the ObamaKare website was f*ck*d to hell and back when every other person in the entire administration knew it?

Why did we need to pay Obama to write the software when Michelle's classmate from Princeton was going to steal it?

.... maybe one more.....

Why was Obama so ignorant about what was written in ObamaKare, he made some ludicrous statement like "if you like your health care plan, you can keep it"?
Even you have to admit only the most ignorant person in the room would say something like that. Everyone knew that was a lie as soon as it came out of his mouth?

Would you call Obama the most ignorant president we ever had?
(You don't have to answer this question. You need all your abilities to answer the previous ones you continually run away from.)

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1018172 Nov 4, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
And you've been losing every round!!
I recall you saying the same before the Gov't shutdown.
The one that caused Repugnants to become the Party all Americans hate.
The one that put a knife in Cuccinellli's VA campaign.
Keep fighting. A loser like you is easy to whip repeatedly.
I'm lovin' it!!
HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT IN 2016!!
What government shutdown?

Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on. Show me the ghost.
Show me the government shutdown.
There wasn't any government shutdown, moron.

Orlando, FL

#1018173 Nov 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Batty, did you never learn that statements using always, never, all, or only are almost always false? You never had the chance to screw up "America's future" as you could not have received a degree and certification with test score like that.
You are correct about the words "always" and "never". You made up the "only" part.

So you have no room to question anyone else's credentials.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1018174 Nov 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Galt believes that Conservatives have no chance as long as they carry the burden of religious fundamentalism and radical anti-abortion....
That is Galt's "single" redeeming value.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1018175 Nov 4, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's Dweeb, doing what he does best.
Talking thru his ass.
Gun nuts are a distinctly Repugnant problem. Funny how you nitwits say Dems are afraid of guns and want them outlawed, then turn around and accuse Dems of mass murder, clearly a Repugnant tactic.
The skinhead in AZ was a Teabagger.
The kid from CT was an NRA member.
Case closed, as is your mind, midget.
You forgot to answer the post again, moron.
Here it is again for your easy reference:

That wouldn't have been one of the Democrat mass murderers that have so often been in the news the past few years, would it?
How many Democrat mass murders have there been in the past 10 years?... can you count them all?
There are so many Democrat mass murders, if you tried to list all of them there'd always be a couple you just didn't recall.
Help us out here. Let's see if you can list all the Democrat mass murderers and not forget anyone:
We have to pick a starting point, I guess... there are so many.
How about Democrat mass murders since the DC sniper.
1).....
2).....
3).....
give it a shot. Let's see how good your memory is.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1018176 Nov 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Math quiz time....
What does it mean when the TEA Party has three times the approval rating of Congress as a whole?
Reality quiz:

What does it mean when Teabags lose every election they enter??

Would you like a list of Teabag casualties?? Start with Allen West.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1018177 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
religion has no place in politics...and you church people cannot ban abortion even with overwhelming Republican majorities in Congress and the White House...so stop tilting at windmills...
Without the crazy anti-freedom church people, the Teabags have about 3 members.

While I agree with you, you are stuck with the same religious conservatives that have doomed the Repugnant Party since the Reagan days.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018178 Nov 4, 2013
'I Would Jump At It' The media labeled her an Obamacare victim. Here's what she really thinks.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/115457/oba...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1018179 Nov 4, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's Dweeb, doing what he does best.
Talking thru his ass.
Gun nuts are a distinctly Repugnant problem. Funny how you nitwits say Dems are afraid of guns and want them outlawed, then turn around and accuse Dems of mass murder, clearly a Repugnant tactic.
The skinhead in AZ was a Teabagger.
The kid from CT was an NRA member.
Case closed, as is your mind, midget.
And the shooters in chicago who shot up the park and shot the little boy in the face what kind of BIGOT racists are they

Orlando, FL

#1018180 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
religion has no place in politics...and you church people cannot ban abortion even with overwhelming Republican majorities in Congress and the White House...so stop tilting at windmills...
Once again, religion is not monopolized by the right nor is abortion.

Wish to gracious you could understand this.

There's something admirable about a candidate simply stating they are pro life when the question of abortion inevitably comes up in Republican debates rather than stating they are pro killing the unborn.

That's exactly what Reagan did and that was good enough, wasn't it?

Orlando, FL

#1018181 Nov 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That is Galt's "single" redeeming value.
Says the poster who thinks the unstable Alan Grayson comparing Americans against big government the KKK and publishing a burning cross depicting the cross as the "t" in "tea party" as being just fine with him....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1018182 Nov 4, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality quiz:
What does it mean when Teabags lose every election they enter??
Would you like a list of Teabag casualties?? Start with Allen West.
Refer to my post on massive voter fraud and the relationship with the confidence of the American population that we still have democratically elected representation.
That would also include the counties where the Kennedy Klan rape at will, wouldn't it? And, didn't Pat Buchannon pull 30 percent of the vote there in the 90s?
So, give us some explanation as to how these things may be linked, since they all occur in the exact same place among the exact same people.

I know I'm overloading you with questions you can't answer. Why don't you concentrate on that list of questions I gave you that you run away from like the plague. That should keep you busy until your nap time.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1018183 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so why the major disapproval of tea party tactics?
but hey, stay in fantasy land while you keep losing elections for 'not being conservative enough'.
want an up to date example? E. W. Jackson. he lost his race on day one of his campaign.
Lefty goon tactics on display:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

It's heartbreaking and infuriating. This woman has been fighting for her life for seven years, and now she's faced with choosing among a menu of broken promises. How did the Obama White House respond to her op/ed? By promoting a left-wing hatchet piece to attack the victim's credibility by blaming her insurers.

Cause the buck NEVER stops with Obammy.

He didn't know.
No one told him.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1018184 Nov 4, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the crazy anti-freedom church people, the Teabags have about 3 members.
While I agree with you, you are stuck with the same religious conservatives that have doomed the Repugnant Party since the Reagan days.
Don't forget to do your homework.

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Prove it."
Spoken like the loser you are, Dweeb.
For one who's lied about everything possible, it's laughable to see you demand proof from others.
You give new meaning to the words 'mentally challenged midget'.
I'll just pull up one of the many questions you can't answer.

Why does Baghdad Bob have more credibility in the world than Jay Carney? Why does Zimbabwe have more credibility in the world than the United States?

Why are the United States Armed Forces training Al Qaeda terrorists on a US military base in Jordan?

... let's not forget this one that you run from liek the plague....

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Oh, hell. Why stop now....

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

... maybe one more...

Why didn't Obama have a clue the ObamaKare website was f*ck*d to hell and back when every other person in the entire administration knew it?

Why did we need to pay Obama to write the software when Michelle's classmate from Princeton was going to steal it?

.... maybe one more.....

Why was Obama so ignorant about what was written in ObamaKare, he made some ludicrous statement like "if you like your health care plan, you can keep it"?
Even you have to admit only the most ignorant person in the room would say something like that. Everyone knew that was a lie as soon as it came out of his mouth?

Would you call Obama the most ignorant president we ever had?
(You don't have to answer this question. You need all your abilities to answer the previous ones you continually run away from.)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018185 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare Part D compared to Obamacare is like a paper cut compared to disembowelment.
like how the ACA reduces the deficit while Part D adds?

but you avoid that fact that dems stood up for Part D even after they didn't vote for it.

not that it matters. the ACA is here to stay no matter how many failed votes the GOP congresscritters think they need to have so the nutjobs will think they got their monies worth.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018187 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether one is a believer or not on both sides, we are most definitely in a spiritual war as much as a political one.
If the majority officially replace government with God as the supplier of our needs and a secularist government acts as our collective conscience, we have lost the war on both fronts.
total BS....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1018188 Nov 4, 2013
A couple made a deal that whoever died first, they would come back and inform the other of the after life. Her biggest fear was there was no heaven. After a long life the husband was the first to go and true to his word he made contact.

"Mary... Mary...."

"Is that you Fred?"

"Yes, I have come back like we agreed."

"What is it like?"

"Well, I get up in the morning, I have sex, I have breakfast, I have sex, I bath in the sun, then I have sex-twice, I have lunch, then sex pretty much all afternoon-supper-then sex till late at night, sleep then start all over again. "

"Oh Fred you surely must be in heaven."

"Hell no, I'm a rabbit in Kansas."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018189 Nov 4, 2013
Iowa Town Says No to Koch Brothers Influence on Local Elections

But while Team Koch has a virtual stranglehold on Washington Republicans, Americans for Prosperity is finding it a bit harder to ram its agenda down the throats of voters at the local level – folks who have suffered in real time at the hands of a low tax, low personal freedom (for minorities, women and the gay community), low job creation agenda.

Monday morning’s edition of The New York Times carried a feature story entitled, Koch Group Has Ambitions in Small Races. At first glance this is a rather dispiriting headline. But a closer read carries a beacon of hope for those wondering when the predatory siblings might get their comeuppance. Writer John Eligon takes a look at the coming local elections in Coralville, Iowa, where voters are preparing to select their next Mayor and City Council members.

It seems Americans for Prosperity has been everywhere. Eligon writes that the group’s local chapter,“has jumped into the race…with an aggressive campaign, mailing fliers, advertising in newspapers, calling voters and knocking on their doors. Its latest leaflet hit mailboxes last week, denouncing the town’s growing debt and comparing it to the financial woes of Detroit.”

Marvelously, it seems Iowans have been largely unmoved by these efforts, to such a degree that they are turning from candidates who appear affiliated with the propaganda. Eligon continues,“Chris Turner, a first-time candidate for the City Council who has spoken out against the debt, said that although he disagreed with Americans for Prosperity on most issues, he could not seem to catch a break because his campaign platform aligns with the organization.

‘Every time I go to a debate or anything, I’ve tried talking about the budget, and then they just go,‘Koch brothers, Koch brothers, Koch brothers,’ he said of his critics, adding that he wished Americans for Prosperity ‘would just go away.’”

While many more such repudiations of the Kochs’ expensive, undermining tactics will be needed before we can classify the local revolt as a full-fledged movement, this is highly encouraging. The thing about trends is that they can always be reversed. If Americans for Prosperity continues to repulse savvy municipal voters who know they are being had, that we can’t cut our way back to a thriving middle class, candidates will stop accepting Koch money and support. And then just maybe Chris Turner will get his wish and Americans for Prosperity will go away, taking their benefactors with them.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/04/iowa-t...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 min festivus infidel 68,906
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min IBdaMann 49,303
Ask Amy 12-23 37 min Mister Tonka 14
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 40 min Sublime1 98,869
Chicago Pizza Blows 59 min Donald Trump 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
20-year-old dies after fall from window in Chicago 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports