Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1018098 Nov 4, 2013
Feral, retarded chimp alert!!!

Police: Baby dies after intoxicated mom passes out while breastfeeding

By: Laura Greene, WMAR.com
HAGERSTOWN, MD -

A 2-month-old infant in Maryland is dead after her mother passed out while breastfeeding the baby while intoxicated, police said.

Police arrested Yadina Indira Morales, 22, of Hagerstown, Maryland and charged her with manslaughter, second-degree child abuse and numerous other charges in connection to the death of the baby girl.

Just before 7 a.m. Saturday, Washington County Sheriff’s deputies were called to the 11200 block of Scarlet Drive for a report of an unresponsive infant.

Police say Morales was highly intoxicated and lost consciousness while trying to nurse the baby. The unresponsive child was found under her mother’s body.

The baby was taken to Meritus Medical Center where she was pronounced dead. Her body was taken to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Baltimore for an autopsy.

Morales was taken to Meritus Medical Center and later to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office for booking and processing.

She was released on $100,000 bond from the detention center Saturday, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/police...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1018099 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The website should have been able to handle phone bots with over 300 million possibly trying to sign up the first week.
Calling Republicans pure evil is a bit of stretch, Homer. Especially when Republicans anticipated this was going to happen from the beginning and were just waiting for it to happen.
This administration needed no help from anyone to screw up this debacle from its inception. And it hasn't even started yet.
Hope you can handle it.
I disagree. Rightwingers are pure evil, they will fck you over any chance they get.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1018100 Nov 4, 2013
'You Also Can't Keep Your Doctor
I had great cancer doctors and health insurance. My plan was cancelled. Now I worry how long I'll live.

Everyone now is clamoring about Affordable Care Act winners and losers. I am one of the losers.

My grievance is not political; all my energies are directed to enjoying life and staying alive, and I have no time for politics. For almost 7 yrs I have fought and survived stage4 gallbladder cancer, with a 5-yr survival rate of less than 2% after diagnosis. I am a determined fighter and extremely lucky. But this luck may have just run out: My affordable, lifesaving medical insurance policy has been canceled effective Dec 31.

My choice is to get coverage through the government health exchange & lose access to my cancer doctors, or pay much more for insurance outside the exchange (the quotes average 40%-50% more) for the privilege of starting over with an unfamiliar insurance company and impaired benefits.

Countless hours searching for non-exchange plans have uncovered nothing that compares well with my existing coverage and my greatest frustration is Covered California, the state's ACA health-insurance exchange & suposedly 1 of the best such exchanges in the country. After 4 wks of researching plans on the website, talking directly to government counselors, insurance companies & medical providers, my insurance broker & I are as confused as ever.

Time is running out and we still don't have a clue how to best proceed.

2 things have been essential in my fight to survive stage-4 cancer. The first are doctors & health teams in CA and TX: at the medical center of the UC, San Diego, and its Moores Cancer Center; Stanford University's Cancer Institute; & the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

The 2nd element essential to my fight is a UHHealthcare PPO health-insurance policy.

Since March '07 UH has paid $1.2M to help keep me alive & it has never once questioned any treatment or procedure recommended by my medical team. The company pays a fair price to the doctors & hospitals on time and is responsive to the emergency treatment requirements of late-stage cancer. Its caring people in the claims office have been readily available to talk to me & my providers.

But in January, UH sent me a letter announcing that they were pulling out of the individual CA market. The company suggested I look to Covered California starting in Oct.

You would think it would be simple to find a health-exchange plan that allows me, living in San Diego to continue to see my primary oncologist at Stanford Univ & my primary care doctors at the Univ of CA, San Diego. Not so. UCSD has agreed to accept only 1 Covered CA plan—a very restrictive Anthem EPO Plan. EPO stands for exclusive provider organization, which means the plan has a small network of doctors & facilities and no out-of-network coverage except for emergencies. Stanford accepts an Anthem PPO plan but it is not available for purchase in San Diego (only Anthem HMO & EPO plans are available in San Diego).

So if I go with a health-exchange plan I must choose between Stanford & UCSD. Stanford has kept me alive—but UCSD has provided emergency & local treatment support during wretched periods of this disease & it is where my primary-care doctors are.

Before the ACA, health-insurance policies could not be sold across state lines; now policies sold on the Affordable Care Act exchanges may not be offered across county lines.

What happened to the president's promise, "You can keep your health plan"? Or to the promise that "You can keep your doctor"? Thanks to the law, I have been forced to give up a world-class health plan. The exchange would force me to give up a world-class physician.

For a cancer patient, medical coverage is a matter of life & death. Take away people's ability to control their medical-coverage choices and they may die. I guess that's a highly effective way to control medical costs. Perhaps that's the point.

Ms. Sundby lives in California.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1018101 Nov 4, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
OABAMACARE!
IT'S EVERYWHERE,
PROVIDED BY BLUE CROSS. GREAT OUTFIT.
Oh, look,
crybaby Republicans can't handle the truth.
Been lying for 5 years on here, racist hate on display.....all day topix liars.
Blue Cross! Heard of them?
OBAMACARE!
by Blue Cross.
Dear citizen,
go here:
healthcare.gov
Get guaranteed medical insurance!
BLUE CROSS, I LOVE IT!
DEMOCRATS MADE THAT HAPPEN, NOT YOU!
republicans are all greedy liars, going to hell, LOL!
Just log on, and get covered!
itsssaaaaaa so easy!
spicy baby!
now that's a spicy meat oh balllll!
Get medical insurance now!
Blue Cross or these lying republicans?
BLUE CROSS BABY! I TRUST THEM!
NOT YOU.
get a smile for free with every purchase!
Odumbo the penius strikes again!!

Were you really the retard that signed up for ochimpocare on the first day in your carolina shthole (seeing as there WAS only one)?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1018102 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuccinelli would have done much better if not tied to the radical anti-abortion crowd, a lesson for the future...
I can agree with that. However his job may have led him to some of that.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1018103 Nov 4, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Hey Hey!
Republicans are LOSERS all day!
5 years of crying like a byytch!
on topix, on display for all to see!
Republicans are greedy liars,
never give them your vote. ever.
they hate the citizens.
They hate the people.
Republicans against medical insurance!
UNREAL.
Republicans cause a phony fake gov shutdown!
AWFUL CONDUCT. JUST GAWD AWFUL! HATEFUL.
Republicans cut food for poor kids!
JUST SHAMEFUL CONDUCT. AWFUL. HATEFUL.
REPUBLICANS GOING TO HELL. LOL!
Hahahaha!! You will "cry, cry, cry" all the way home after ochimpocare is repealed in the next couple of years.....:-)
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1018104 Nov 4, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Hey Hey!
Republicans are LOSERS all day!
5 years of crying like a byytch!
on topix, on display for all to see!
Republicans are greedy liars,
never give them your vote. ever.
they hate the citizens.
They hate the people.
Republicans against medical insurance!
UNREAL.
Republicans cause a phony fake gov shutdown!
AWFUL CONDUCT. JUST GAWD AWFUL! HATEFUL.
Republicans cut food for poor kids!
JUST SHAMEFUL CONDUCT. AWFUL. HATEFUL.
REPUBLICANS GOING TO HELL. LOL!
<mental>
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1018105 Nov 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I can agree with that. However his job may have led him to some of that.
Come on Flack, you and all your buddies down at Jerry's are gonna vote for him, predict victory. Stand by your man!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1018106 Nov 4, 2013
I KEPT MY DOCTOR!

AND MY HOSPITAL.

AND MY PHARMACY.

AND MY VISION.

AND MY DENTIST.

I got it all!

BLUE CROSS BABY!

IT WORKS!

HEALTHCARE.GOV

(never read a lying Republican lie, they lie all day on here, they are low life trash, scum of the earth, low down greedy liars, really dumb people, exceedingly stupid, they lie to your grandma, your kids, YOU, they don't care they lie for 5 years on topix, everyday! Republicans are the scum of the earth, going to hell, LOL!)

Now log in and get happy! Cover your family now: OBAMACARE! EVERY STATE, EVEN LITTLE SHTTTTY RED ONES!

ACA! LAW OF THE LAND.

THANKS DEMOCRATS!

REPUBLICANS? ALL LOSERS! GREEDY LIARS! FCCCCCKKKKKKK EM! LOL!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018107 Nov 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I can agree with that. However his job may have led him to some of that.
Galt believes that Conservatives have no chance as long as they carry the burden of religious fundamentalism and radical anti-abortion....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018108 Nov 4, 2013
In fact, Homer, even democrats were waiting for this debacle to happen.

So don't blame Republicans. They were innocent bystanders who tried to save us and got blamed for doing so.

It's your fellow Democrats who want to do what Republicans tried to do. Some are even saying it's time for both sides to come together to fix the problem they, themselves, created.

Only now do they want Republicans to bail them out.
So blaming them has become passé.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1018109 Nov 4, 2013
The Bigotted racists obama supporter uses the word Republican and teaparty to hide their bigotry towards Whites

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1018110 Nov 4, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Moochelle has more personal assistants than people have signed up for ObammyCare. Maybe if Moochelle gave the pink slip to 200 of her "staff" it would pay for ObammyCare for some.
Not to mention a friend and classmate of Michelle Obama from her Princeton days is a vice president for the company we paid to write the software they stole for the ObamaKare site.

Consistency is the coincidence of similar events.
Michelle Obama was placed on "court ordered inactive status" by the Illinois Supreme Court due to an insurance fraud case.
Michelle Obama's classmate from Princeton was a vice president for the company that stole the software we paid them to write.
That is consistent.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1018111 Nov 4, 2013
Obama:'I Want To Put The Fear Of God In All Of You' Mission Accomplished!! But how sick is this:

ObamaCare cost her the health insurance Obama repeatedly promised she could keep, and how ObamaCare's alternative plans don't cover the doctors and facilities that have kept her alive!!

The White House spokesman Dan Pfeiffer fired off a dismissive tweet that basically blames her for picking the wrong insurance!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1018112 Nov 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Flack, you and all your buddies down at Jerry's are gonna vote for him, predict victory. Stand by your man!
actually the wife and I have talked about voting for the Libertarian. Robert Sarvis.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018113 Nov 4, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>No more democrats suck just like republicans Obama suck just like Bush
the price of Obama's wars won't get pushed onto the next admin whilst nutjobs go on about the next guy's 'deficit'.

there is that.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018114 Nov 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Rightwingers are pure evil, they will fck you over any chance they get.
Unfortunately for you, the only ones doing the screwing and lying and stabbing in the back are on your side of the fence.

Obamacare is screwing millions of Americans without insurance after being lied to and the exchanges are stabbing them in the back.

How can you deny that?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018115 Nov 4, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
as Democrats will soon, for Obamacare.
sure. as soon as the poll numbers flip.

so when do you think the nutjobs will quit ruling the GOP?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1018116 Nov 4, 2013
This will not go over well for the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner.

According to the new book “Double Down,” in which journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann chronicle the 2012 presidential election, President Barack Obama told his aides that he’s “really good at killing people” while discussing drone strikes.

Peter Hamby of The Washington Post reported the nugget in his review of the book.

The claim by the commander-in-chief is as indisputable as it is grim.

Obama oversaw the 2009 surge in Afghanistan, 145 Predator drone strikes in NATO’s 2011 Libya operations, the May 2012 raid that killed Osama bin Laden, and drone strikes that killed leader of the Pakistani Taliban leader and a senior member of the Somali-based militant group al-Shabab this week.

His administration also expanded the drone war: There have been 326 drone strikes in Pakistan, 93 in Yemen, and several in Somalia, compared to a total of 52 under George Bush.

Two of those strikes killed American-born al-Qaeda propagandist Anwar al-Awlaki and his American-born 16-year-old son within two weeks.

Under Obama U.S. drone operators began practicing “signature strikes,” a tactic in which targets are chosen based on patterns of suspicious behaviour and the identities of those to be killed aren’t necessarily known.(The administration counts all “military-age males” in a strike zone as combatants.)

Furthermore, the disturbing trend of the “double tap”— bombing the same place in quick succession and often hitting first responders — has become common practice.

Needless to say, a lot of innocent people have been killed.

Obama has also embraced the expansion of capture/kill missions by Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) after it developed into the primary counterterrorism tool of the Bush administration.

One JSOC operator told investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill, author of “Dirty Wars: The World Is A Battlefield,” that operations became
“harder, faster, quicker with the full support of the White House” under Obama.

Scahill, who also made a “Dirty Wars” documentary, told NBC News that Obama will “go down in history as the president who legitimized and systematized a process by which the United States asserts the right to conduct assassination operations around the world.”

So it is true that President Obama is “really good at killing people,” but he has demonstrated that is not necessarily noble.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1018117 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that Conservatives have no chance as long as they carry the burden of religious fundamentalism and radical anti-abortion....
I agree. Fiscal policy should be front and center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do want to be an artist? 11 min ARTIST LINE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Sgt Prepper 180,988
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min litesong 48,606
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,530
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr Zeke 7
ask amy 11-28 4 hr RACE 3
Last Chance! 5 hr Harem 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News