Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,760)

Showing posts 935,181 - 935,200 of1,071,392
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Way to go, Emeem. It's sad for the reich-wing troll losers on here that their memories are so shot they can scarcely remember where they last made a deposit, let alone all the lies they've told. You know, I think they may also be like those Alzheimer's patients, such as Sandra Day O'Connor's husband, who keeps falling in love with any or all of the new patients on the floor.
Good morning Leo!

November 4, 2013

Obama Has Lied to American People, Says Lying Expert

Posted by Andy Borowitz

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President Obama has imperiled his second term by lying to the American people, one of the nation’s foremost lying experts said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

The accusation carried weight, observers said, coming as it did from a legendary figure in the high-stakes world of competitive lying.

He was harshly critical of Mr. Obama’s fibbing, calling it “amateurish at best,” contrasting the President’s lack of lying experience with his own half-century of dishonesty.

“The American people deserve a President who is a world-class liar,” he said.“Sadly, they do not have that President.”

Speaking from experience, he said that he had learned “the hard way” just how difficult lying can be:“Just when you think you’ve gotten away with it, there’s someone with a hidden camera catching you telling the truth.”

He said that it was possible that the President “might grow as a liar” in the remaining three years of his term, but he was not optimistic.

“Lying isn’t something you can just pick up on the job,” he said.“Maybe President Obama would be better off leaving it to us professionals.”
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Many doctors have already announced that will not accept O'bamacare patients because they would go bankrupt if they did. The government's payout on medical services rendered to patients in these groups is a total joke, you see: doctors sometimes receive only 30% of what they actually billed. And they can't negotiate, either. The government simply tells you what you "get" to receive in terms of payment, regardless of how much you actually billed as a doctor. 30% won't pay their rent or staff to do the O'bamacare paper work. What do you think is going to happen?
many doctors....that you can't cite.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Informed people have known that there are options in the ACA exchanges.
You can get lower cost policies with higher deductibles & co-pays or buy a policy with lower deductibles & copays.
My God, Flack, what took you so long to figure that out.
Oh I knew it all along. Problem is 85% of the people signing up is going on Medicaid.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Look who got hired to create the website, the same know nothing that is being paid millions more to fix it. And guess what, he's a huge Obammy campaign donor. Is anyone surprised?
"Obama donor’s firm hired to fix Web mess it created
WASHINGTON — A tech firm linked to a campaign-donor crony of President Obama not only got the job to help build the federal health-insurance Web site — but also is getting paid to fix it.
Anthony Welters, a top campaign bundler for Obama and frequent White House guest, is the executive vice president of UnitedHealth Group, which owns the software company now at the center of the ObamaCare Web-site fiasco.
UnitedHealth Group subsidiary Quality Software Services Inc.(QSSI), which built the data hub for the ObamaCare system, has been named the new general contractor in charge of repairing the glitch-plagued HealthCare.gov .
Welters and his wife, Beatrice, have shoveled piles of cash into Obama’s campaign coffers and ­apparently reaped the rewards.
Beatrice Welters bundled donations totaling between $200,000 and $500,000 for Obama’s campaign during the 2008 election ­cycle, according to campaign-­finance data compiled by Center for Responsive Politics.
SICK CALL: Obama bundler Anthony Welters’ firm owns the company picked to repair the health Web site.
The couple then became top donors for Obama’s inauguration festivities, kicking in $100,000 out of their own pockets and bundling another $300,000 from friends and business associates, according to the center.
The investments quickly paid off for Beatrice Welters. The Obama administration tapped her in 2009 for the plum job of US ambassador to Trinidad and Tobago, which she held through last November.
The couple have been frequent guests at the White House.
Visitors logs show at least a dozen visits between the two by the end of 2012, the most recent information available.
The entire Welters family has gotten into the donation game.
The Welters, along with their sons, Andrew and Bryant, have contributed more than $258,000 to mostly Democratic candidates and committees since 2007.
What’s more, UnitedHealth Group is one of the largest health-insurance companies in the country and spent millions lobbying for ObamaCare.
The insurance giant’s purchase of QSSI in 2012 raised eyebrows on Capitol Hill, but the tech firm nevertheless kept the job of building the data hub for the ObamaCare Web site where consumers buy the new mandatory health-­insurance plans.
QSSI has been paid an estimated $150 million so far, but officials couldn’t say how much more the company might collect on the ­repair contract.
By all accounts, the data hub has run smoothly while many other components of the Web site have failed.
Meanwhile, tempers flared among Obama’s Democratic allies over the disastrous rollout of the president’s signature initiative.
“I’m extraordinarily frustrated,” said Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.)­after top Obama-administration officials gave Senate Democrats a private briefing on the state of the Web-site repairs.
He said they were losing confidence the site could be quickly fixed.
“I don’t think there’s confidence by anyone in the room. This is more of a show-me moment,” said Merkley."
http://nypost.com/2013/11/01/obama-donors-fir...
Good old affirmative action at its finest. What's that you say Bammy, "You didnt' build this?"
Excellent point. Although in fairness, cronyism knows no partisan boundaries. The difference is there has never been as monumental a failure in history as the odumbocare website (and the overall boondoggle itself)......

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get lower cost policies with higher deductibles & co-pays or buy a policy with lower deductibles & copays.
ROTFLMAO--another one groping in the dark for O'bamacare.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Anyone dare to wager a bet this one has some real hate issues?

ROFTLMAO!!!!!
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Way to go, Emeem. It's sad for the reich-wing troll losers on here that their memories are so shot they can scarcely remember where they last made a deposit, let alone all the lies they've told. You know, I think they may also be like those Alzheimer's patients, such as Sandra Day O'Connor's husband, who keeps falling in love with any or all of the new patients on the floor.
blah, blah, blah...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Sarvis
Posted on 11/3/2013 11:34:52 AM by null and void
You would think that when your party is burying a hole that is getting harder and harder to get out of, you wouldn't want to that hole get deeper faster. But here is Kathleen Murphy, Democrat running for the House of Delegates against Barbara Comstock, telling a forum in Great Falls that she believes it should law to force doctors to accept Medicare and Medicaid patients. Forced by government decree, mind you. A birdie sent me this:
FYI last night at the Great Falls Grange debate, Democrat delegate candidate Kathleen Murphy said that since many doctors are not accepting medicaid and medicare patients, she advocates making it a legal requirement for those people to be accepted.
She did not recognize that the payments are inadequate to cover the doctors' costs. She also did not recognize there is a shortage of over 45,000 physicians now and that it is forecast to be 90,000 in a few years.
Democrats appear to want to make physicians slaves of the state, but Democrats don't admit they would just drive more doctors out of practice into retirement and other occupations. The Obamacare law and regulations are causing millions of people to lose their health insurance, drop many doctors and hospitals. The HHS internal forecast is 93 million Americans would lose their health insurance due to the Obamacare law and rules about adequacy of insurance.
Many more people will be uninsured. The penalties for being uninsured start at $95 per year, but the penalties can't be collected by the IRS if a person does not have a tax refund to attach.
The out of pocket costs required by Obamacare's Silver Plan for a non-smoking mother and father with two children making a gross before income taxes of $50,000 (roughly average salary for VA) would be $13,765 per year including the deductible of $10,400. That's 28% of their gross income -- not very affordable and about the same as guidelines for a mortgage payment. For such a family making $100,000 of gross income, The cost would be $21,431 including the deductible of $12,700, or 21% of gross income.
With such high deductibles doctors are stuck with trying to collect cash from the patients, even at regulated charge structures. Thus is makes sense for primary care doctors not to participate in Obamacare, medicare and medicaid. They should encourage patients to participate in Concierge Care and insurance programs run by the doctors themselves with patients who can do simple math. Patients can take out catastrophic insurance with high deductibles for major surgeries. Tax deductability for individual medical savings accounts would make health care more affordable.
The head of Obamacare programs, Berwick, loves the socialized medical system in the UK, but never mentions that malpractice insurance is minimal. In the UK, panels of doctors review and approve malpractice awards, rather than emotional juries misled by trial lawyers. Malpractice reform like this with caps on malpractice awards would go a long way in making health care affordable.
I hope physicians rise up and speak out for common sense, protecting quality medical care in the US and giving patients freedom to choose
THIS along with the fact that Terry McAuliffe has already said he'd go to the government shutdown mat to get a state exchange in Virginia. Unbelievable. Combine the chaos of thousands of people across Virginia losing their health insurance, we are going to add to that on the state level by forcing doctors to accept patients they can't afford to help? Unbelievable. Dark days are ahead, but there is still time.
Democrats in Virginia will drive up health care costs, drive doctors out of the state, and then drive health care costs up even more because there will not be enough doctors practicing in the state
so either you don't know how to copy & paste a url or you don't want us to know your 'source'.

so which is it?

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are saying the CDC lied? Well I never!
There is no correlation between what you claim & anyone getting cancer.

When the Polio vaccines came out, they were tested OK because the virus you keep harping about was not discovered until 1960.

Once discovered, vaccines were changed, If fact, most went to the oral vaccine.

You act as though the government did it on purpose. Like they were supposed to remove a virus they never knew existed.

Then you f*cking morons take a statement made out of context & run screaming through the streets "OMG OMG the government purposefully gave us cancer!!! OMG OMG OMG"

You are dumber than sh*t.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now tell it to Emeem and Lily. They seem to not have figured it out yet. Radio announcer here in the area just found out he will have to pay $25,000 a year before he gets any benefit from the insurance. LMAO!!!! You sheeple are a laugh a minute!!!!!

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can play ancient history all you want Carol, but let's just cut to the chase and ask why the GOP has been wasting time and money attempting to repeal a law that was their idea in the first place?
The answer is easy. It's because Barack Obama signed it into law and they took a blood oath to obstruct anything that came out of his White House.
The liberals have been trying to get universal health care for 100 years--you pull something out of your butt from the 90's--the only reason you do that is for propaganda sake. The only way for the Republicans to stop Hillary care was to propagate single payer. Americans didn't want it then and they won't want it now. Otherwise you liberal loons would have forced it on to America via O'bama. Stop your silly self.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>no no no...not asking how the Republicans feel--I am asking why the democrats aren't picketing and calling O'bama a murderer? I am all for killing the moslems. But why are the liberals for killing the moslems now?
i seem to remember some of you trying to lay the blame for a failed war back onto the Dems in Congress who voted for it.

so that wasn't about killing muslims?

the whole libs love muslims myth is a full crock of shyte.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Democrats on 'Morning Joe' throw Obama under the bus! Got to love it when a plan comes together!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "call" will go unanswered.
Of COURSE I had a choice. Since I'm healthy as a horse, I chose the highest deductible plan possible. Although I haven't been cancelled YET, I expect it will happen after the first of the year. THAT = a loss of choice, higher cost,(and yet another ochimpo lie).....
come on man/horse, answer the call!

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
many doctors....that you can't cite.
Dr. Jeffery Burns
Dr. Sol Brachii
Dr. Emmet Smith
Dr. Olay Fresia
Dr. Michael Moore
Dr. John Williams
Dr. Mohammed Syria
Dr. Robert Ingalls.

I don't have time to list all of them.
here's one more. Dr. Burat Yosengia.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>no no no...not asking how the Republicans feel--I am asking why the democrats aren't picketing and calling O'bama a murderer? I am all for killing the moslems. But why are the liberals for killing the moslems now?
Where's Code Pink?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>More brainless gibberish. You left teaching in the early 1990's after spending less than a decade in a semi rural Florida district yet go on as though you were the commissioner of education. NCLB came on board in 2001, long after you left the profession__I guess that disqualifies your opinion?
I suspect your attitude in combination with your mouth made you very unpopular in the system and you walked away with a chip on your shoulder which you still carry.
Remember when her daughter was selected for City Year? In Brooklyn?
LOL! That's when she became an expert.
City Year; a Democratic program.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

E.W. Jackson Has Been an Unmitigated Disaster for the Virginia GOP

There’s no question that the far-right candidate will lose in a landslide. Jackson’s not a candidate as much as he is a sideshow, an example of the base-driven politics that has crippled Virginia’s Republican Party in the general election.

To wit, here’s a short round-up of Jackson’s statements and positions in just the last week of the campaign. On guns, Jackson says,“Every person who has a concealed weapons permit and was trained to use a firearm…should be allowed to bring that firearm to school.” On rights for gay and lesbian Americans, he says,“How in the world can we expect our military to be blessed by the hand of almighty God if we allow our military to become the equivalent of Sodom and Gomorrah? God is not pleased.” On the right-wing grassroots, he says,“It was God’s plan to beget the Tea Party.” And on the question of education, he says Obama will “force schools to start teaching all children homosexuality.”

Cuccinelli has worked hard to avoid any association with Jackson; of all the events the attorney general held over the weekend, none featured the conservative clergyman and anti-gay activist. The irony, of course, is that Jackson’s candidacy is the direct result of Cuccinelli’s decision to push for a convention as opposed to a primary. Given his strong support among rank-and-file Republicans, odds are good that Cuccinelli would have won a primary for the Republican gubernatorial nomination. And he would have walked away from the contest with a sensible nominee; Jackson, as his sparsely attended events and low fundraising attest, is a niche product for a handful of voters. In a fair election against a capable opponent, he would have fallen far short of victory. As it stands, Jackson is now one of the faces of the Virginia GOP, and his presence on the ticket has been an unmitigated disaster.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...

Like Cain or West, Jackson’s career—and income—is earned with outrageous statements about government, Obama, and other African-Americans.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>But, if you like your insurance you can keep it. Period.
That's true for me; what happened with yours?

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i seem to remember some of you trying to lay the blame for a failed war back onto the Dems in Congress who voted for it.
so that wasn't about killing muslims?
the whole libs love muslims myth is a full crock of shyte.
I think GW Bush was a genius. If we were able to maintain a presence in Iraq that had been planned all along-the middle east would have stabilized-we would have been there for years-we would have been able to stablize the entire country and the Middle East. But the ignorance of O'bama and his negotiating skills were null and void. Iraq is a killing field because of O'bama. That would have never happened under a Republican president.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Democrats on 'Morning Joe' throw Obama under the bus! Got to love it when a plan comes together!
LOL-it only is right-Kathleen Sebelius has been speaking from under the bus. O'bama should join her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 935,181 - 935,200 of1,071,392
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min edogxxx 97,426
Amy 7-10 23 min VAdame 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min baby 48,677
Abby 7-10 27 min Toj 9
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 45 min In Your Face 69
Chicago Democrats a Protected Species on the Na... 46 min bensley reality 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,533
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info