Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783464 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1019222 Nov 6, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
"As it started to run out, more was needed but Republicans refused to help the economy"????????
Let me restate that for you:
"As it started to run out, with negligible improvement to the economy, Republicans decided the Obama campaign donors and bundlers had had enough time glutting themselves and voted against refilling the Stimulus trough."
So, going from losing 750,000 jobs a month & an economy shrinking at a rate over 8.3% to 12 months straight of job gains in 2010 & 5 straight quarters of economic growth is nothing?

Republicans couldn't allow this to continue as it would make Obama look good & cost then a shot in 23022. Just ask your buddy Mitch McConnell.

In 2001 when George Bush spoke from the rubble after 9-11, Democrats pitched in & stood with the President.

'After the economic disaster lefty by Bush, what did Republicans do???? Played politics.

PATHETIC. The Republican Party should be ashamed of itself. A pack a whiney, me-first asswipes who voted against this country ever since Obama took office.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1019223 Nov 6, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
The New Jersey Minimum Wage Increase Amendment, Public Question 2, also known as SCR 1, was on the November 5, 2013 ballot in the state of New Jersey as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment. It was approved.
The measure would set minimum wage at $8.25 per hour with annual adjustments for inflation beginning January 1, 2014!!!
----------
Way to Go NJ voters!!!
GO CHRISTIE et al 2016!
WORKING class America FOR Working class America 2016-Not divide and DRAIN against it!!
T.E.A.!!!!!
Connecticut's minimum wage has been $8.25/hr since 1/1/2010. That's probably why our unemployment rate is consistently higher than the national rate and why we had negative GDP growth last year and have led the nation each of the past two years with the least growth. This is what happens when you have a Liberal Democrat Governor with big Democrat majorities in the State House and Senate. Two years ago they passed and enacted the largest tax hike in state history.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1019224 Nov 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Can anyone believe the President of the United States lied to us - on purpose!- about something as important and personal as our health care?
Just because he wants us to have what he thinks we should have?
Shocking. Absolutely shocking.
It's even worse than "read my lips"...GHW Bush's undoing.
LIAR

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1019225 Nov 6, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, ah very very sorry (even though leftist phags routinely called GWB a chimp). How's this?

Now that odumbo has dropped to a less than 40% approval rating (as I predicted would happen), leftist phags need to prepare for even worse news: the majority of health insurance cancellations have not even begun to be issued yet. This will occur after the 1st of the year, and I expect odumbo will drop to less than 20% approval rating in the polls at that time.

We will probably remove him from office very shortly thereafter.....:-)
"Remove him from office"?

Are you dreaming?

George Soros own the voting machine maker company, and just as the last election he will choose the outcome!

Obama will run and win again!

How?

He will, as all Democrats do, find ways to usurp the Constitution!

He will make the big butt monkey face chimp called Mitchell Obama to run for him. And as all Democrats do, if you reject her then is because you hate blacks and women.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1019226 Nov 6, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
1.. I never slated him as a "TEA Party" candidate. LabelDUHM Duhmmy.
I didn't care WHAT the labelduhm label said.
PRINCIPLE.
Christie has AND stick to some.
It's called a BACKBONE.
Get it? If not-look the word up.
And stay away from DB, you're warping his brain lol.
Hmmmm. So your declaration of his victory followed by the " TEA!!!!!!!" meant what?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1019227 Nov 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you teabaggers think about night and day. It must totally suck to be you, so fking miserable every single day; worrying that a poor person may be helped.
quite running your mouth and go help them dummy!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1019228 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
That's all you teabaggers think about night and day. It must totally suck to be you, so fking miserable every single day; worrying that a poor person may be helped.
As much as you may dislike it the fact is money makes the world go round. there is nothing for free. every dollar government gives to anybody has been taken from some one else. It should not be used for fraud, waste, or trivial matters.
Harry Hernandez

Caracas, Venezuela

#1019229 Nov 6, 2013
Do u like is.gd/00iTXj

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1019230 Nov 6, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure, but I've read or heard (on the news)that when signing up the recipient has the option of having the government pay the subsidy directly to the insurer monthly or get a tax credit for the yearly subsidy amount on their next tax return. I doubt if many will opt for the credit. If they can pay the full insurance monthly then one has to wonder why or how they qualified for a subsidy in the first place!
No the law states that the 'credit' goes only to the insurer. But if the policy holder underestimates income to get a bigger subsidy they, not the insurer, has to pay back the difference.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1019231 Nov 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So
He was calling him a tea partier. I just wondered if he knew he was black since you libtards think they are all white.
angel

Satellite Beach, FL

#1019232 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
It was probably the anti oral sex stuff that did him! Oh, that and the forced vaginal probes. That guy is living in the Dark Ages.
...while lily continues living in the Intoxicated Ages.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1019233 Nov 6, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol, here's some quotes from JFK;
“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
&#8213; John F. Kennedy, Profiles in Courage
“The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.”
“To those whom much is given, much is expected.”
“If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.”
&#8213; John F. Kennedy, Kennedy's Inaugural address of 1961.
“And is not peace, in the last analysis, basically a matter of human rights -- the right to live out our lives without fear of devastation – the right to breathe air as nature provided it -- the right of future generations to a healthy existence?" (John F. Kennedy, June 10, 1963, American University speech)”
No we haven't drifted away from his policies and we're very much in the same boat.
Kennedy Democrats criticized Eisenhower for being too soft and then the missile crisis gave Kennedy permission to become aggressive (with the media's approval) after a "secret" report about Soviet weapons was leaked. The report turned out to be false with the only difference between that and GWB's WMD's is the media was on JFK's side. We know what happened next when Kennedy then escalated everything with thousands of "advisors" sent to Vietnam.

Peace? Kennedy? is like saying Competent? Obama?

or Peace Prize Obama? The one who brags about how many drone kills he's ordered.
angel

Satellite Beach, FL

#1019234 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
LIAR
OBAMA
angel

Satellite Beach, FL

#1019235 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
poor lily; have another drink...after all, you've got a little wait before Happy Hour
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1019236 Nov 6, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
"Remove him from office"?
Are you dreaming?
George Soros own the voting machine maker company, and just as the last election he will choose the outcome!
Obama will run and win again!
How?
He will, as all Democrats do, find ways to usurp the Constitution!
He will make the big butt monkey face chimp called Mitchell Obama to run for him. And as all Democrats do, if you reject her then is because you hate blacks and women.
HEY RACIST PIECE OF SHTTTTT!

SWEET VIRGINIA!

Democrat Governor!

All you Republican dumbfffffcckkkks comments finally working.

AGAINST YOU!

SWEET VIRGINIA!

Red State?

Not anymore!

The Genius! Democrats! We win baby!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1019237 Nov 6, 2013
LMAO!! A leftist phag BARELY squeaks out a win in a total blue shthole like Virginia!! Just wait till all those health insurance cancellation notices roll out in a month.....:-)
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#1019238 Nov 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Tea Part member. Don't try to deny it.
Everything you want to know about the Tea Party van be learned by the candidates they support: Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Sarah Palin, the Delaware Witch, Cuccinelli etc etc etc.
I am an INDEPENDENT voter with some actual ETHICS that insist of myself that I vote for PRINCIPLES, rather than ignorant partisan, blind, lemming jackboot licking labelDUHM labels, who also feels working class America already gets stuck and DRAINED enough -as in

T(axed) E(nough) A(lready drained dry) acronymned; T.E.A.!

You yellow lemon-lipped libuhrulTic duhmmy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1019239 Nov 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So
As if that means anything. That guy was anti gay, another out of touch nutjob.

Women, Unmarried Voters Key To McAuliffe's Virginia Victory

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/05/wome...

The women in this country are waking up! They don't want to be controlled by men anymore! They're sick and tired of the anti womens rights agenda; the anti gay agenda!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1019240 Nov 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, going from losing 750,000 jobs a month & an economy shrinking at a rate over 8.3% to 12 months straight of job gains in 2010 & 5 straight quarters of economic growth is nothing?
Republicans couldn't allow this to continue as it would make Obama look good & cost then a shot in 23022. Just ask your buddy Mitch McConnell.
In 2001 when George Bush spoke from the rubble after 9-11, Democrats pitched in & stood with the President.
'After the economic disaster lefty by Bush, what did Republicans do???? Played politics.
PATHETIC. The Republican Party should be ashamed of itself. A pack a whiney, me-first asswipes who voted against this country ever since Obama took office.
The job losses were Corporate America battening down the hatches before the true commie butthole Obama took charge on 1/20/2001 with Democrat majorities in both the Senate and House.

Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell's counterpart, Tom Daschle was a true obstructionist, a me-first asswipe who voted against this country every chance he could, and paid the price with his 2014 election loss.

I'm not even going to vote in 23022.
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#1019241 Nov 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie can't win shit without the Democrats helping him. The only reason he won the election is because the Democrats pulled their slated candidate out of the race in exchange for Christie sabotaging the Republicans.
Christie is a Democrat plant. Buono's campaign had only token funding, and not organized, as if that was the plan.
I do believe you'd vote for Christie. You'd vote for any Democrat plant. It's just like voting for a Democrat.
Now, back to some questions you run away from....
Where are those mythical subsidies to oil companies you rant about so much?
Traffic jam-purple drank aisle duh...umm...twelve year olds!

DB, put the dixie cup full of it down-the toxic aroma is already affecting your dbility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is A (Oct '17) 2 hr MPMMB 888
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr The real Rudy 2,874
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 6 hr The real Rudy 141
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Justice Dale 243,599
Lonnie Montgomery 8 hr Smith 1
News Berwyn man charged with impersonating Secretary... 9 hr rico 2
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 9 hr rico 1,603

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages