Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419754 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018615 Nov 5, 2013
Crappy legislation brings out the wackos!!!!

"Mitch McConnell: More believe in 'Bigfoot' than Obamacare"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/mitch-mcconnell...
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#1018616 Nov 5, 2013
Must be Tuesday testimonial day?

Okay!

We make it our aim ... to be well pleasing to [God].—2 Corinthians 5:9

In a children’s ministry in my church, we hand out cards to the kids when we notice their good behavior. They collect the cards and receive prizes for the good choices they’ve made. We are trying to reinforce good behavior rather than focusing on bad behavior.

When one leader handed a card to 11-year-old Tyree, he responded,“No, thanks. I don’t need one; I want to behave well, and I don’t need a reward for that.” For him, doing the right thing was its own reward. He definitely has good values ingrained in him, and he wants to live them out—prize or not.

As believers in Jesus, we will receive rewards one day. Second Corinthians 5:10 says that everyone will “receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.”

But to get a reward should not be our motivation for right living. Neither is it to earn salvation. Living out of LOVE should be our heart’s desire.

(w/slight edits to accomodate ALL of humanity-no labelduhmlabel needed -courtesy of ODB/RBM.org)
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018617 Nov 5, 2013
And the Insurance companies go CHA-CHING!

"49-State Analysis: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Premiums By Average Of 41%"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

HINT: Evil Rich white conservatives will be investing in medical/insurance mutual funds/stocks...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018618 Nov 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It was John Huntsmans father who told Harry Reid about Mitts tax evasion
Tim Geithner
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018619 Nov 5, 2013
"that's what friends are for!"

"Media Trash Cruz's Father, Spare Obama's"

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/1104...
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#1018621 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Crappy legislation brings out the wackos!!!!
"Mitch McConnell: More believe in 'Bigfoot' than Obamacare"
http://washingtonexaminer.com/mitch-mcconnell...
IDENTIFY and VERIFY!!!

In givverment social program offices ONLY-with all the rst of the other givverment social programs!

CAP, CURB (get a dam)B-U-D-G-E-T (and some damn ACCOUNTABILITY), Balance and live with in Americas means again!

The economy and Reality DEMANDS it!

T.E.A.!!!

Independent voters FOR America-INcluding the Working class; not commietic divide and drain against it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1018622 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Sure hope Lily reads this.
Unfortunately, those who hold the keys to power in school reform are by and large those who are far removed from the realities of classroom teaching.
Teachers cannot help but feel that they ended up at the bottom of the food chain. Politicians who have never taught a child in their life enact legislation with naive indifference to its practicality at the classroom level. State and district administrators then implement the legislation with callous disregard for its negative impact on those who face flesh-and-blood children in the classroom each day.
Just as current legislation and education policies have had a negative impact on teachers, the departure of teachers will have a negative impact on our children.
And, as more and more of them choose to resign, their letters will take various forms, but the underlying message will be the same:“Enough, I’m outta here!”
http://www.azcentral.com/opinions/articles/20...
Think those were my exact words. Or at least my exact sentiment.
Teachers are some of the most hard working and devoted people who spend more time with our children than we do. They spend nights and weekends working on their craft; they make themselves available to students via cell phone and facebook. It's not a profession for everyone.
The disdain for the teaching profession is a republican mantra. This is fueled by evangelicals and wily businessmen like Jeb Bush who has his eye on the pie in the sky: public education money that he wants funneled into his bank account and he has been doing everything possible, as Governor of Florida and since then, behind the scenes to undermine public education. Name a Bush who ever made money in an honest way? They want that taxpayer money; it's a sick hunger. It was Jeb Bush who started FCAT in Florida; causing such stress to teachers who had to teach for a test that didn't have an affect on the students grade. It's all politics and it's sick.
I am glad that you realized that teaching wasn't your forte. You did countless students a favor.
Teachers are underpaid and overworked; just like nurses.
The politicans who want to dismantle public education don't have any regard for the poor and middle class; their kids never have to go to public school.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018623 Nov 5, 2013
Chocolate city!

"80,000 Louisianians' health insurance policies will be canceled under Affordable Care Act"

http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2013/11/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1018624 Nov 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
Must be Tuesday testimonial day?
Okay!
We make it our aim ... to be well pleasing to [God].—2 Corinthians 5:9
In a children’s ministry in my church, we hand out cards to the kids when we notice their good behavior. They collect the cards and receive prizes for the good choices they’ve made. We are trying to reinforce good behavior rather than focusing on bad behavior.
When one leader handed a card to 11-year-old Tyree, he responded,“No, thanks. I don’t need one; I want to behave well, and I don’t need a reward for that.” For him, doing the right thing was its own reward. He definitely has good values ingrained in him, and he wants to live them out—prize or not.
As believers in Jesus, we will receive rewards one day. Second Corinthians 5:10 says that everyone will “receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.”
But to get a reward should not be our motivation for right living. Neither is it to earn salvation. Living out of LOVE should be our heart’s desire.
(w/slight edits to accomodate ALL of humanity-no labelduhmlabel needed -courtesy of ODB/RBM.org)
Flo passes out tics in church. What a beaut.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1018625 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim Geithner
What does that mean? Was he running for President? No. Idiot.
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#1018626 Nov 5, 2013
Sane, rational, ethical people have a nice day!

Partisan, labelduhmlabel, empty bobbleheaded type HIPPA/Constitutional breaching OWS type nutcase libuhrulTic haters-you know what you can do!

T.E.A.!!

Christie/Ryan/Paul, uncle Joe et al 2016!

Leadership FOR ALL of America again-not just commie-thug divide and drain against it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1018627 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
And the Insurance companies go CHA-CHING!
"49-State Analysis: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Premiums By Average Of 41%"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
HINT: Evil Rich white conservatives will be investing in medical/insurance mutual funds/stocks...
You're right on this one; this is why the insurance companies should be dismantled and universal single payer healthcare paid through taxation is the only way to go. Healthcare should not be a for profit business.
Insurance companies are like a mafia; they write policies with pages of disclaimers and terms of use that no one reads until they're being wheeled into surgery and someone in admissions is running after them demanding a check.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018628 Nov 5, 2013
Random poster...

what I want vs what someone thinks you need...

What is he talking about?

"I trust my old Ford pickup truck. It does exactly what I need it to do. I do not need anything extra from it.

Should the Federal government be able to tell me I need to buy a brand new vehicle because it doesn't have a built-in GPS tracker, or perhaps work as well as they like?"

Westbank1964
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#1018629 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Once again-
Get your brown nose away from my butt, you delusional, illiterate, vodka swilling BOraton- full- of- caca -crackhead stalkerTic.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018630 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Rev Jeremiah Wright
angel

Satellite Beach, FL

#1018631 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
lily passes out, too ... but from vodka. What a beaut.
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#1018632 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Teachers are some of the most hard working and devoted people who spend more time with our children than we do. They spend nights and weekends working on their craft; they make themselves available to students via cell phone and facebook. It's not a profession for everyone.
The disdain for the teaching profession is a republican mantra. This is fueled by evangelicals and wily businessmen like Jeb Bush who has his eye on the pie in the sky: public education money that he wants funneled into his bank account and he has been doing everything possible, as Governor of Florida and since then, behind the scenes to undermine public education. Name a Bush who ever made money in an honest way? They want that taxpayer money; it's a sick hunger. It was Jeb Bush who started FCAT in Florida; causing such stress to teachers who had to teach for a test that didn't have an affect on the students grade. It's all politics and it's sick.
I am glad that you realized that teaching wasn't your forte. You did countless students a favor.
The politicans who want to dismantle public education don't have any regard for the poor and middle class; their kids never have to go to public school.
WTF planet do you live on anyway?

HeadupyourOWNanusof CLUELESS.
RUSH10ME

King William, VA

#1018633 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
How about those pesky little stats that show just how far apart the ghetto hood rats and the rest of the population are when it comes to education , the only thing all your little Laquisha and Treyvon hood rats will ever be is what you taught them to be , good for nothing .
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018634 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
What does that mean? Was he running for President? No. Idiot.
Punch Drunk Lily!!!!!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1018635 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm a teacher Lily...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min Ize Found 70,959
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min District 1 222,681
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Actual Science 61,068
last post wins! (Dec '10) 12 hr honeymylove 2,427
last post wins! (Apr '13) 15 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 16 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 16 hr Jerkt toff 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages